Leicester and Stratford switch to R-UK

Snoopdog

I hope this has not been covered elsewhere as my my previous post was (hides head in shame).

I noticed this on another forum; and it's true.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/racing-uk-leicester-and-stratford-set-for-switch-to-ruk/2027591/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

I'm not a big Jockey Club fan (= R-UK). I could explain why.

I don't have R-UK, and my betting does not, and will not justify the 25/month. Like many, I get ATR on Virgin (even the lowest pack); Sky have it from their 2nd lowest pack. [Strange when I think it's a Sky run channel.]

To attract new people, racing needs a free (or very near free) TV outlet. Leaving the FTA BBC, and accepting Pay TV money has hurt (example) Rugby League interest in the sport for short term gain.

Yeah , i heard about this the other day and thought it was bad news for the racing public. Every channel that goes to Racing UK will be leaving the biggest audience. I'm not that bothered about Leicester as the track is in dire need of something, the course is in awful condition. I like Stratford, used to work there for WH at 17 meetings per year.

The point is that Racing needs everyone pulling in the same direction and this Racing UK v ATR causes a divide and it seems to me that every single department in the sport is working against each other.

Whether you willing to pay the monthly fee or not is not the point, its another decision thats been made that is not in the best interest of the normal punter.

Of course ATR will be getting Hereford back so it's not all doom and gloom

My impression is that ATR still have more meetings than RUK........RUK have quite a few blank days with no live meetings whereas ATR seem to have 2 or 3 meetings every day, helped of course by their AW tracks racing pretty much every day between them quite often with 2 fixtures a day and the Irish racing 4 or 5 days a week