** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

October 26 - November 1

Back Garbine Muguruza to win the WTA Finals for a 4/10 stake at 5.00 with BetVictor

Back Hingis/Mirza to win the WTA Finals for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Bet365

Back Agnieszka Radwanska to beat Maria Sharapova for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with BetVictor

Could be a crazy tournament with virtually everyone having some issues, so I'll go with the favourites that don't. Hingis and Mirza are a level above the rest of the field, so there's that. Muguruza is young, talented, and fearless, so she could win the entire thing with a little bit of luck. Finally, I'll also go for a match bet on Radwanska against Sharapova. The 2-12 H2H record might put you off, but bear in mind that Sharapova hasn't completed a competitive match since Wimbledon (!).

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/wta-finals-betting-garbine-muguruza-the-favourite-in-singapore

Sharapova to Beat Radwanska

I really cannot remember any point in time when Sharapova has played badly coming back from a lay off, which always reminds me of Del potro. Chances are that she will sacrificially drop a set en route to her game picking up momentum. Then again, she is playing Radwanska where the only thing of relevance to note is that Sharapova has got her number. I will predict a Sharapova win as she will be most certainly the mentally fresher of the two. Good luck!!!

Back Roger Federer to win the Swiss Indoors Basel for a 7/10 stake at 2.37 with Paddy Power

Back Lukas Rosol Total Games - Over 7.5 for a 7/10 stake at 1.61 with Paddy Power

I'm on some sort of a winning streak outright-wise and I can't see a better bet than Federer next week, even though I'm not particularly thrilled about the price, so he'll be my pick in Basel. The main reason is that his half of the draw is much easier than the other one (Isner/Goffin/Anderson x Nadal/Wawrinka/Gasquet/Cilic). On Monday, I quite like Rosol to give Nadal a few problems. He's yet to lose against him incredibly easily in three matches and Nadal is yet to play a tough match indoors in this season, so eight games should be fully within the Czech's range tomorrow, especially after the two good performances he produced against Tsonga and Monfils in Vienna.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-roger-federer-and-stanislas-wawrinka-lead-the-line-up

LAAKSONEN VS YOUNG

Laaksonen is a 1992 young Swedish player who I will say is in some bit of form, well.....winning form considering that a win is a win. He has played Donald young once on clay and the result was decidedly easy in favour of Young 6-1  6-4. I definitely feel that the surrounding circumstances here are different and seem to send out positive vibes about the chances of the Swedish player. There is something ominous about the motivation and chances of a young wild card, especially in a small tournament, plus at the end of a long year when most are running on tired legs. Young has been having a gloom finish to his poor season and should really lack desire. Perhaps, the most important clue lies in the fact that it has been scheduled as the last match of the day. trust me when i say that organizers always know what they are doing. Does not make any sense to schedule a match with very little potential of being a crowd pleaser in a prime time slot. Enough said! I am not saying that Laaksonen will win for certain, but for his price, a lot can be got out of him. I am going with over total games over 7.5 as my tip. In my closet and following my confidence level in the tip, I will clearly be going for to win a set at 13/8 paddy power. Good luck!

Back Ernests Gulbis (+2) to beat John Isner for a 7/10 stake at 1.95 with Betway

Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Jerzy Janowicz for a 7/10 stake at 1.67 with BetVictor

Back Jiri Vesely (+4.5) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Paddy Power

Three for me tomorrow. Gulbis has an excellent record against Isner and beat him last week in Vienna, so he looks good to me on the handicap, as does Vesely, who was also quite good in Vienna - unlike Gasquet, who folded very easily against Sock in Stockholm and who doesn't really have much to play for in Basel. Finally, Janowicz has always been a good match-up for Kohlschreiber, so I'll back the German to push the H2H record to 4-1 on Tuesday.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-plenty-of-interesting-matches-on-the-cards-on-tuesday

LAAKSONEN VS YOUNG

Laaksonen is a 1992 young Swedish player who I will say is in some bit of form, well.....winning form considering that a win is a win. He has played Donald young once on clay and the result was decidedly easy in favour of Young 6-1  6-4. I definitely feel that the surrounding circumstances here are different and seem to send out positive vibes about the chances of the Swedish player. There is something ominous about the motivation and chances of a young wild card, especially in a small tournament, plus at the end of a long year when most are running on tired legs. Young has been having a gloom finish to his poor season and should really lack desire. Perhaps, the most important clue lies in the fact that it has been scheduled as the last match of the day. trust me when i say that organizers always know what they are doing. Does not make any sense to schedule a match with very little potential of being a crowd pleaser in a prime time slot. Enough said! I am not saying that Laaksonen will win for certain, but for his price, a lot can be got out of him. I am going with over total games over 7.5 as my tip. In my closet and following my confidence level in the tip, I will clearly be going for to win a set at 13/8 paddy power. Good luck!

i have never heard of this laaksonen guy but I like your insight, thanks!

czech, what do u think about this matchup? thanks

LAAKSONEN VS YOUNG

Good stuff liquid!

Back Grigor Dimitrov (+2.5) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Back Marin Cilic (-5.5) to beat Marco Chiudinelli for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Unibet

Just two for me tomorrow, I'm not particularly thrilled about the markets. Dimitrov should have every chance to beat Nadal if the two play like they did in the first round, but we all know how Rosol cracked and Dimitrov could follow him in that regard, so I'll prefer the handicap over the outright. Meanwhile, Cilic should have it easy against Chiudinelli, who really has declined a lot over the last year or so.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-wawrinka-faces-karlovic-dimitrov-plays-against-nadal

Back Jack Sock to beat John Isner for a 7/10 stake at 2.40 with BetVictor

Back Kevin Anderson (-3.5) to beat Donald Young for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Back Ivo Karlovic (-2.5) to beat Dusan Lajovic for a 7/10 stake at 1.71 with Unibet

Meh, thanks Dimitrov :(. Three for me tomorrow - Anderson and Karlovic should simply be way too strong for Young and Lajovic on the basis of their first round performances, while I also fancy Jack Sock against John Isner at 2.40. That's a big price if you consider their respective forms in my opinion.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-federer-the-big-favourite-after-wawrinka-s-departure

KEVIN ANDERSON VS DONALD YOUNG

I see this as a very interesting matchup that has the goose-pimpled feeling of producing an unexpected result. Anderson is a man very much in form which is perhaps now at its elastic limits. Of recent Anderson was able to bully his way past Vesely and eventually got beaten by Johnson in vienna (Johnson himself playing very well). I somehow believe he has resumed this week by flattering to deceive with his hard-to-weigh-up victory over the white-flag hoisting Coric. I believe that the combination of the h2h standing at 6-4 in Anderson's favour and Young's lethargic opening round display sets off a hidden alarm that spells the possibility of Young improving drastically for this match. His form is also not that bad with the advantage of being the fresher of the two. The handicap of 3.5 simply indicates that Young will be very competitive. I see this going over 21.5 games with a strong lean towards Young winning a set. Good luck every one!!!!!!

Edited by liquidglass

Back Jack Sock to beat John Isner for a 7/10 stake at 2.40 with BetVictor

Back Kevin Anderson (-3.5) to beat Donald Young for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Back Ivo Karlovic (-2.5) to beat Dusan Lajovic for a 7/10 stake at 1.71 with Unibet

Meh, thanks Dimitrov :(. Three for me tomorrow - Anderson and Karlovic should simply be way too strong for Young and Lajovic on the basis of their first round performances, while I also fancy Jack Sock against John Isner at 2.40. That's a big price if you consider their respective forms in my opinion.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-federer-the-big-favourite-after-wawrinka-s-departure

yes but sock hm... could be a loto but whatever nice price after all gl

Back Roger Federer (-3.5) to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 1.53 with Paddy Power

Back Jack Sock (-3.5) to beat Donald Young for a 7/10 stake at 1.77 with Unibet

Back Marin Cilic (+2.5) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

2-1 today, quite happy overall then. Three for me tomorrow, all seem pretty self-explanatory. Federer is an awful match-up for Goffin in fast conditions, Sock should outplay Young in his current form, and Cilic should be able to give plenty of problems to the out-of-form Rafa as well. He's on a very good winning streak at the moment, so confidence shouldn't be an issue for the Croat.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-nadal-vs-cilic-the-main-highlight-on-friday

Back Roger Federer (-3.5) to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 1.53 with Paddy Power

Back Jack Sock (-3.5) to beat Donald Young for a 7/10 stake at 1.77 with Unibet

Back Marin Cilic (+2.5) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

2-1 today, quite happy overall then. Three for me tomorrow, all seem pretty self-explanatory. Federer is an awful match-up for Goffin in fast conditions, Sock should outplay Young in his current form, and Cilic should be able to give plenty of problems to the out-of-form Rafa as well. He's on a very good winning streak at the moment, so confidence shouldn't be an issue for the Croat.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-nadal-vs-cilic-the-main-highlight-on-friday

Back Rafael Nadal to beat Richard Gasquet for a 7/10 stake at 1.50 with Paddy Power

Back Roger Federer (-4.5) to beat Jack Sock for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

2/3 today, good stuff I'd dare to say - and I think that we're going to see the grand Nadal-Federer finals on Sunday, so I'm quite happy to back both big favourites tomorrow, Nadal outright (Gasquet could win a set like Rosol/Dimitrov/Cilic did, after all) and Federer on the handicap line.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-four-remain-in-the-title-hunt

Back Roger Federer (-2.5) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Unibet

I've already backed Federer outright at the start of the week, but I'm going to recommend this bet if you haven't. Basically, unless Federer loses his head through pressure, he should be way too strong for Nadal, who should've lost much earlier really. The conditions, current form, etc. - nearly everything speaks for the Swiss number one here and I think that he's indeed going to get the job done.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-how-much-damage-can-nadal-do-in-the-finals-

Back Roger Federer (-2.5) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Unibet

I've already backed Federer outright at the start of the week, but I'm going to recommend this bet if you haven't. Basically, unless Federer loses his head through pressure, he should be way too strong for Nadal, who should've lost much earlier really. The conditions, current form, etc. - nearly everything speaks for the Swiss number one here and I think that he's indeed going to get the job done.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/swiss-indoors-basel-betting-how-much-damage-can-nadal-do-in-the-finals-

Czech do you think there is any possibility of being a three set battle? Nadal has improved his game a lot since almost going out against Rosol and I think he had really improved against Cilic who I thought he would lose against and then against Gasquet he was really going for his shots and acctually played some superb tennis.

Yep, there's certainly a possibility of this being a three-setter, with Nadal taking - probably - a tight second after Federer gets a bit nervous. Anything can happen between the two really, much depends on nerves and such, even though that might look strange considering how experienced the two are. I still fancy Federer on the handicap, but I wouldn't want to put you off the 3-set option.