Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015

Re: Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015 4:00 Gowran Park (Listed) Euphrasia probably needs more rain to get involved here and the Ballydoyle runner will need to improve significantly so I'm going to focus on the front two in the market here. Dermot Weld has won the last two renewals and has the progressive Carla Bianca in this who has strong claims in this Listed affair. However she probably didn't win the strongest Group 3 last time and she runs into the highly rated 3 year old Legatissimo with a penalty to carry. Legatissimo has multiple classic entries and won a strong maiden on his second start last year with subsequent Group 1 winner Together Forever back in 4th. She then finished a close 2nd to the high class Jack Naylor in a Listed race who went on to place in the Prix Marcel Boussac at Longchamp with Together Forever behind again as well as a Group 3 winner. Wayne Lorden wasn't too hard on her reappearance when she finished 4th in heavy ground and now back on good ground I fancy her to put in a bold performance up in trip which should suit given the stamina on the dams side. 3 year olds have won 5 of the last 9 renewals and in receipt of 17lbs from the favourite Legatissimo looks a nice bet at 4/1. Legatissimo - 1pt Win @ 4/1 >Paddy Power

Re: Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015 Historic day tomorrow with the first ever flat race at Wetherby. It's a decent card as well with maximum entrants for each of the races. Good to see. Although it will be really weird to see stick to the turf ... ! 3.00 - Secret Hint is the type of horse I like to back, unexposed, dropped in class after running well LTO (infact winning a decent Cl2 event at Newmarket which form has been franked since) and should take all the beating if fighting fit from a break. Secret Hint 1pt Win @ 5/2 Bet365

Re: Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015 5.35 Gowran Park: Conditions Race, 1m 1f 100y, 3yo Nice little race, with some interesting individuals going to post. Aiden O'Brien's Royal Navy Ship proves popular since the yard finally starts to get into top gear. His runner-up effort in last years Group 3 Killavullan Stakes reads a fair piece of form, though none of those in the race has backed it up actually. Hard to know what to expect from this War Front son here. Zafilani finished with in the Ballysax Stakes earlier this month, in front of Derby fancy John F Kennedy. The merit of this form is debatable but the better ground here should suit. Prologue looks very hard to fancy on form. I'm very sweet on Mohaayed in this race, though. He's one of the horses on my Horses To Follow List, and while his seasonal reappearance in the 2.000 Guineas trail at Leopardstown was nothing to be too impressed about, he still finished a fair third in a very hot race behind two smart individuals. I believe he is bound to improve dramatically for this run, for many reasons. It was only his third career start and he still learns the game. He wasn't quite as green as last season, but clearly further progress is to come in that department. He won on his second start last year in very impressive fashion, despite wandering in the closing stages, and beating a smart Ballydoyle horse in third. He'll relish the better ground at Gowran Park I imagine as he didn't look to be able to put in his best effort on soft at Leopardstown in the Guineas trail. And let's not forget that he steps up in trip now. Middle distance shall be his game I believe. So, plenty to like about his chance. He should have plenty more to come and if he wins this nicely then his next target is very likely the Dante. Says I'm really looking forward to see this Prendergast inmate perform to his best tomorrow. Mohaayed @ 5/2 Paddy Power

Re: Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015 9.35 Sha Tin - Designs on Rome 1pt win @ 9/4 PaddyPower Absolute stand out bet for me in this as long as he is over his exertions from racing in Dubai where he was disappointing. I think a return to this track and trip will bring out the best in this high class horse who has the beating of all of his rivals if turning up with his a game. The race should be run to suit with Military Attack more than likely helping force a good pace for DOR to run at. Jockey has built up a good relationship with this horse and they can team up to get back to winning ways in this grade 1 race. Expect to see him finishing fast and wide!

Re: Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015 3.15 Chelms - Merhoob - win at 8/1 bog stan james Maiden race My selection made is debut last season in a novice race, finishing 2nd. He was 5L behind a horse now rated 100 and 5L in front of the 3rd, now rated 69. Provisionally on that run he should be rated in the mid 80s which is well above what would usually be required to win a maiden race Cost over 200,000 as a yearling and is entered in the group one St James's Palace at Royal Ascot Must have a chance !

Re: Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015 4.40 Weth: Jamesbo's Girl 12/1 bet365 David Barron has his horses in good nick especially his sprinters and a chance is taken with Jamesbo's Girl here. Obviously we don't know about the effect of the draw so stall 8 of 12 is pretty central. Won twice last summer is now only 4lbs higher so should be thereabouts.

Re: Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015 4.20 Chelmsford Run with Pride 1pt win 5/1 betvictor I remember when this clocked a nice time as a 4yo on debut but hasn't won since that maiden at donc , placed over CD lto on first all weather run , left on same mark and could improve now switched to this surface.

Re: Nap of the Day - Sunday 26th April 2015 W5.45 Broctune Papa Gio 1pt Win 22/1 Stan James This one is admittedly thoroughly exposed but had done all its winning (7 in total) on decent ground which it gets here today. This jockey has won on the horse before at 20/1 when staying on well over a shorter trip. A reproduction of that would see the horse in the firing line and the 22/1 looks more than fair.