** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 19 March 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dynamo Moscow v Napoli (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Roma v Fiorentina (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dynamo Kyiv v Everton (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ajax v Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Besiktas JK v Club Brugge (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Internazionale v VfL Wolfsburg (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sevilla v Villarreal (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Torino v Zenit Saint-Petersburg (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Roma - Fiorentina Roma have just lost 0-2 at home to Sampdoria to officially kill any lingering hopes of a Scudetto. That now sees Roma only having won 2 of their last 12 matches and the Roma of the first half of the season seems to be dead. The fans were whistling throughout the Sampdoria match and many feel Rudi Garcia's days are numbered. They have players like Gervinho, Iturbe, Totti and Llajic upfront but still struggle to put scores on teams. The way they have been playing recently, you really wouldn't back them against any side. Fiorentina however are on a clear uptrend and Montella has this squad playing good quality football and picking up results. They are on an 11 match unbeaten run. Today Milan took the lead at the Stadio Artemi Franchi where a shanked shot was controlled by Destro past the keeper. A very fluky goal. But a rotated Fiorntina side missing Salah didn't drop their heads. Two headed goals saw them defeat the Rossoneri 2-1 and they will take great confidence from the result to Rome. Just observing these two play you can see Fiorentina play good technical football with good tempo and know how to carve out an opportunity. Roma look like a car that splutters along with a part missing. Roma don't have a quality striker who regularly gets them goals. Also their back four can be got at and really doesn't have that much quality that you may expect from Serie A's second side. In this match I'll play the double chance on Fiorentina as I can't understand why the books have priced it this way other than the home advantage. Both sides will give everything here and if it's a cautious match that ends up 0-0 or 1-1, we still profit. Fiorentina +0.5 @ 1.78 Pinnacle

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th 4pts Dynamo Kiev vs Everton - Both teams to score 4/5 BetVictor Both sides scored in the first leg and I think the tie is set up for both sides to do the same in this second leg. I don’t see how Everton can sit on a 2-1 lead but Kiev will have to attack them which should be perfect for Everton to hit them on the break. I’m not sure I have enough faith in the Everton defence to keep a clean sheet in this match so the 4/5 that both sides score looks fair enough to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dynamo-kiev-vs-everton-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-crucial-second-leg

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Dnipro have three very important players suspended for the Ajax game Artem Fedetskyi, Ruslan Rotan (captain) and Zozulya are all out due to yellow cards they picked up against Ajax.Defender Mazuch is out aswell. Far as i can see, all four of those players have played almost every game in the Europa league thus far so they should all be a big loss. Sigthorsson played in an Ajax reserve match at the weekend and it looks like he will be ready for this one. I would fancy Ajax at evens.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Ajax - Dnipro davysheehy1, I totally agree with you. Also, I would like to add that Dnipro coach (Myron Markevych) has health problems and will stay in Dnipropetrovsk. Seleznyov (one of the main squad attackers) is doubtfull too. Plus 3 suspended players (one of them is the capitan). First game ended 1-0 Dnipro win and the main reason for Ajax loss was bad condition of play-field in Kiev. I think that in Amsterdam will be another game and home team will have more chances to show attacking game. Ajax played in CL group stage and lost only 1 game at home (0-2 Barca), while Dnipro has no CL exp., Dnipro has never reached the quarter-finals of the Europa League. Usually I dont play at EL games, but in this case my choice is home win 2,00 Coral.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Torino - Zenit What to expect in the return leg? Zenit is not in the greatest condition at the moment. They were not convincing in the first leg where they didn’t create much in the attack even having a one man advantage for more than an hour. The two goals were scored with a help of lucky rebounds, and rolling the ball around near the opponents’ box doesn’t count for domination for me. Zenit did even worse in the league last Sunday when they failed to beat outsider Torpedo, albeit on a pitch which was hardly playable. The visitors will have one important missing on Thursday: DM Javi Garcia is unavailable through suspesion. He always plays in front of the defense, with the other two central midfielders normally located higher up the pitch, closer to the attack. In particular, Witsel supports Zenit attack much better since the arrival of Javi Garcia. In the absense of JG though, Witsel will be playing in the defensive midfielder role alongside the second DM (probably Tymoshchuk), so basically two people will be filling Javi Garcia’s place. Only one central midfielder will be supporting the attack, and this will lower Zenit’s attacking potential. But that should be fine, because with the comfortable 2-0 advantage from the first leg the Petersburgers won’t really need to attack. Their aim will be to defend and to prevent Torino from scoring twice. Speaking of defense, central defender Lombaerts has recovered from his injury and came on as a sub on Sunday, so he might play in Turin, which would be a defensive improvement for Zenit. I didn’t see any Torino home games lately, only watched their away fixtures in Florence and in St.Petersburg. I’m curious if they are able to score goals. The result of their last home game versus Lazio (0-2) suggests that they aren’t. In the first leg in St.Pete they created absolutely nothing in attack. In Florence they did some good counter attacking but Zenit most likely will take defensive approach on Thursday and probably won’t get caught on counters here. So how is Torino going to score? Is Bruno Peres going to play? He looks the most impressive player at Torino at the moment and can make a difference. Also they have Quagliarella who is very inventive and can create a goal out of nowhere, for himself or for Maxi Lopez who is a rather reliable finisher. Actually Quagliarella is one of my favorite Italian players, with all his crazy goals. He already scored against Zenit in this tournament back in 2009 playing for Udinese. I somehow believe Torino will have enough attacking power to score a goal or maybe a couple. After all, they have nothing to lose and will be forced to go forward. Overall, with such a good handicap from the first leg I definitely expect Zenit to progress to the next round even if they lose the second leg, which I think is very possible. Torino DNB at 2.20 offered by marathonbet looks good, especially because it's OK for Zenit to lose by one goal, or even by two goals if they score themselves.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Dynamo Kiev v Everton FC Dynamo Kiev: Vida (13/1 d, probably in), Lens (13/5 f), Belhanda (16/1 m), Makarenko (7/0 d) Everton FC: McGeady (14/1 m, doubtful), Mirallas (22/5 f), Hibbert (4/0 d), Oviedo (6/0 d), Pienaar (8/0 m), Distin (12/0 d), Lennon (6/0 m) Inter Milano v VfL Wolfsburg Inter Milano: Shaqiri (8/1 m, probably out), Nagatomo (10/0 d), Jonathan (2/0 d), Dodô (20/0 d), Brozovi? (6/0 m), Podolski (9/0 f) VfL Wolfsburg: Felipe Lopes (0/0 d), Naldo (24/6 d), Hunt (14/2 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th

Fiorentina however are on a clear uptrend and Montella has this squad playing good quality football and picking up results. They are on an 11 match unbeaten run.
I agree Fiorentina have been playing much better than Roma but I don't know where you got that from, Fiorentina were on a 13-match unbeaten run, and then lost 4-0 at Lazio in Serie A 3 matches ago. Since then, they've drawn 1-1 vs Roma in the 1st leg of this tie and won 2-1 vs Milan in the league.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Dynamo Kyiv-Everton This looks set to be a long night for the visitors, following an even longer midweek and trip to Kiev, which following the unrest last year, is still a place you travel to with at least a little trepidation. Dynamo are hugely experienced in European terms and look back to their best domestically under favourite son Serhiy Rebrov , they hold a seven point lead over Shakhtar Donetsk, are unbeaten through 17 games and have conceded just once in 9 home starts. They have scored at least two goals in all four home Europa League games and with the Toffees playing a very open style in Europe it is very easy to see goals this evening, although of course, 1-0 is the scoreline that would see the hosts progress. However, I suspect that to do so, the home side will need those two goals again and they will get encouragement in that regard from Everton's road record, the visitors have kept just one clean sheet in 11 away starts and have conceded two or more in 7 of those and it could/should have been more with Young Boys and Manchester City having a lot of chances to have scored more than a single goal. Last year I was very bullish about the Kiev front men in striker Dieumerci Mbokani  and especially Andriy Yamolenko, whom I spoke of as having a season to remember, to be honest, he looks just as good this time round and is playing in a much stronger team, the right winger will ensure that returning left back Leighton Baines (who missed the first leg) will have to be at his best from the get go. I suspect that Everton will know they need at least one goal to get anything from this and whilst I expect the hosts to win, I feel the better option is 1.5 units 2.0- 2.10 Dynamo Kiev to score "over" 1.5 goals, my alternative would be the home win at very similar odds.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Roma vs Fiorentina – Draw @ 3.50 Marathonbet AS Roma enter the game against Fiorentina with slightly better chances for getting into the next round. The players from the Italian capital earned an important draw while playing the first leg at Fiorentina. Roma do not perform well in the recent weeks. During the last game in Serie A they lost at home quite surprisingly to Sampdoria. Quite disastrous for Roma is their home performance. Out of the last five games at Stadio Olimpico they won none (they lost two and drew three matches). Fiorentina are in good form – they lost just one game from last 16 played in all competitions. In the last league round in Serie A Fiorentina hosted AC Milan and earned a 2-1 victory. In the last five away matches in all competitions Fiorentina managed to win three outings (against Juventus, Inter and Sassuolo). For Fiorentina it will be a difficult game since their rivals have the away-goal advantage.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Inter - Wolfsburg The goal difference gives Wolfsburg safety and the Germans won't have the urge to play offensive. On the other hand Inter has to press from the first moment but they are not in the best shape lately and especially after the latest result against Cesena. Another difficult game follows against Samdoria at Sunday and the nerazzurri have to manage all these. Since Inter has to be carefull in the defense as if they concede a goal then game is over and since Wolfsburg won't rush as they have the result of the first game on their side, i don't expect this game to end over 2.5 goals. Under 2.5 @ 2.50 Marathonbet

Ajax - Dnipro davysheehy1, I totally agree with you. Also, I would like to add that Dnipro coach (Myron Markevych) has health problems and will stay in Dnipropetrovsk. Seleznyov (one of the main squad attackers) is doubtfull too. Plus 3 suspended players (one of them is the capitan). First game ended 1-0 Dnipro win and the main reason for Ajax loss was bad condition of play-field in Kiev. I think that in Amsterdam will be another game and home team will have more chances to show attacking game. Ajax played in CL group stage and lost only 1 game at home (0-2 Barca), while Dnipro has no CL exp., Dnipro has never reached the quarter-finals of the Europa League. Usually I dont play at EL games, but in this case my choice is home win 2,00 Coral.
The main reason for Ajax defeat, I would state, is that they were utterly rubish, couldnt complete 2 passes and could have lost 5:0...

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Besiktas vs Club Bet of the year for me. Home side should win this without problem. I saw first game and Turkey were very good. Surprise that this game end 2:1 for Club. Today full stadium expected over 70,000 fans. Club has brilliant run but don't forget about their weak rivals. Here is clear class difference so it's must play. Home win. Besiktas -0,5@ 2,00 10/10

Besiktas vs Club Bet of the year for me. Home side should win this without problem. I saw first game and Turkey were very good. Surprise that this game end 2:1 for Club. Today full stadium expected over 70,000 fans. Club has brilliant run but don't forget about their weak rivals. Here is clear class difference so it's must play. Home win. Besiktas -0,5@ 2,00 10/10
Is this a logical reason to follow you? You watch the first round ,and the stadium will be sold out and ?

Is this a logical reason to follow you? You watch the first round ' date='and the stadium will be sold out and ?[/quote'] I Think about extra motivation for home side. Of kors everything is possible its football but this odd is must play. I expected around 1,7 so 10/10 for me and Huge value.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Actually I share you confidence in Besiktas. A 1-0 win will see them through here and they have seen off much better sides than Club Brughes (Liverpool etc). I can't see the Belgians getting a result in Turkey. Match reports suggest Besiktas were comfortable in the away leg until the latter part of the match. Now with 70,000 mental home fans in this cauldron behind them, I expect Besiktas to finish them off. I've layed Brugges at 10/3 but my main bet is on Besiktas DNB at 1/2

The main reason for Ajax defeat' date=' I would state, is that they were utterly rubish, couldnt complete 2 passes and could have lost 5:0...[/quote'] True, Ajax was poor in the first leg but they still could have scored. Shots on target are not that relevant cause Ajax shot wide 2 meters in front of the goal. Anyways, Ajax also had a terrible first leg against Legia and still won convincingly. At home besides that game they perform pretty well in Europe. The loss came as a surprise cause lately they were playing a bit better. Dnpro also was far from convincing and now without some of their better players and their head coach who stayed home cause he is ill. They will surely have a hard time here. A small loss could lead to overtime and I'm confident Ajax will score here. Odds dropped a lot since the opening day from 2.20 to 1.90 at several bookies. These things rarely happen without a reason. Bookies are not crazy though. I do believe in an Ajax victory here cause both teams are pretty equal but I would give the advantage to Ajax cause of the current circumstances. Ajax has no important missings only long-terms who have 't played a while. Kishna is also back after an argument with coach F. De Boer! Expect a defensive aproach from the guests and it's hard to make any other bets here pre-game cause a 0-0 at Half-time is likely but if Ajax finds their normal fast rythm this could be over by half-time too. So I'll just stick with the home win and some small stakes with Ajax to qualify! Goodluck gents

Inter - Wolfsburg The goal difference gives Wolfsburg safety and the Germans won't have the urge to play offensive. On the other hand Inter has to press from the first moment but they are not in the best shape lately and especially after the latest result against Cesena. Another difficult game follows against Samdoria at Sunday and the nerazzurri have to manage all these. Since Inter has to be carefull in the defense as if they concede a goal then game is over and since Wolfsburg won't rush as they have the result of the first game on their side, i don't expect this game to end over 2.5 goals. Under 2.5 @ 2.50 Marathonbet
Wolfsburg were very defensive when they carried a lead to the Alvalade in the last round against Sporting. That match finished 0-0 and although both teams hit the post (if I remember correctly) Wolfsburg rarely threatened. If Wolfsburg turn up today with the same game plan I could easily see a low scoring game or even another 0-0 draw.

Besiktas vs Club Bet of the year for me. Home side should win this without problem. I saw first game and Turkey were very good. Surprise that this game end 2:1 for Club. Today full stadium expected over 70,000 fans. Club has brilliant run but don't forget about their weak rivals. Here is clear class difference so it's must play. Home win. Besiktas -0,5@ 2,00 10/10
That's simply not true. Besiktas had only 2 real chances in that game, 1 of which was the goal. They dominated possession in the first half, but did nothing with it, and Brugge had a goal disallowed. After going behind and making attacking subs, Brugge dominated the match and should've scored the third. Which is not to say Besiktas won't win, that's very possible.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Based purely on shots on target (for and against for each team) stats from recent Europa league games, Everton, Club Brugge, Dnipro and Villarreal look possible value at current odds tonight (maybe on the handicap)

Based purely on shots on target (for and against for each team) stats from recent Europa league games' date=' [b']Everton, Club Brugge, Dnipro and Villarreal look possible value at current odds tonight (maybe on the handicap)
Do you take into account home and away factor?

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Wolfsburg have basically nothing to play for in Bundesliga. can't overtake Bayern, can't lose their Champions League place in the league table. they will be looking to get a win here and play with their best squad. Inter have been very poor this season, while Wolfsburg are experiencing the exact opposite. which is why I like the AHC on Wolfsburg.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th I was at the stadium when Be?ikta? eliminated Liverpool on penalties and I have to say that the atmosphere was nothing I had seen before in any of Be?ikta? matches before including the decibel record breaking Liverpool match several years back when we had won 2-1.This match will be even worse than both of those matches because it will be 70.000+ fans cheering,booing and chanting every second of the match.This will definately boost the home side and give them extra motivation on the pitch. As for the latest news Be?ikta? will be on field with nearly the same line up and the same formation from the previous league match where they played with 2 strikers up front.Right back will be occupied by Opare and the CBs will be Pedro and Necip (he played in the previous leg as CB).Apart from that Motta keeps his place in the LB position and Veli and Tolgay will be controlling the midfield.On the wings will be Töre and Olcay supporting Pektemek who will be slightly behind Demba Ba. With this formation I expect Be?ikta? to be more creative like they were beginning of season.If Brugge cant match up to this I believe we will see a lot of goals.However 1-0 scoreline is good for Be?ikta? to go through but Be?ikta? is not a defending team.If they were they couldve kept a cleansheet in belgium.. I expect a high paced match and goals over.. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Wolfsburg went to Sporting with a two goal advantage in the last round and were happy to defend the whole game. They barely created any chances at all and with a two goal advantage tonight I'm sure they'll be happy to do the same. I don't rate Inter and I can see them struggling to break the away side down. I can see why the odds on the draw are high as Inter need to win and Wolfsburg have a fantastic record of 9 wins in 12 but they'll set up completely differently tonight and the draw has a much higher chance of happening than the odds suggest. 1pt Draw @ 3.75 Bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 19th Well, that was some banging at Kiev, a nice reality check for good number of Everton fans =) And that was terrible (non)reaction from Besiktas goalie on first goal for Brugge...my grandma would realize that she has to go for that ball and not wait.