** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup > February 14th - 16th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 14 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]West Bromwich Albion v West Ham (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derby County v Reading (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Crystal Palace v Liverpool (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.16[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 15 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aston Villa v Leicester City (12:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bradford City v Sunderland (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.97[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Middlesbrough (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 16 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Preston North End v Manchester United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FA Cup > February 14th - 16th Saturday TV previews: 3pts West Brom vs West Ham - Draw 12/5 BetVictor This has all the makings of being a tight cup tie. Both sides are getting near to the real big stage in this competition and it is so close neither will want to give up their opportunity easily. West Brom have proven a lot harder to beat since Pulis went in while West Ham have always been tough to beat under Sam Allardyce so I’m not 100% certain we will find a winner over the 90 minutes of this tie. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-brom-vs-west-ham-betting-fifth-round-can-begin-with-a-stalemate 4pts Crystal Palace vs Liverpool - Both teams to score 5/6 Ladbrokes I think this has all the makings of an exciting match. It was here where the spanner in the works started to hit in Steven Gerrard’s Premier League title chance last year and he and his side will be desperate to get out of Palace still in the competition. Palace have nothing at all to lose here and will be aggressive and attacking I’m sure so I think this is all set up for both sides to score before the outcome is decided. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/crystal-palace-vs-liverpool-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-exciting-cup-tie

Re: FA Cup > February 14th - 16th

Saturday TV previews: 3pts West Brom vs West Ham - Draw 12/5 BetVictor This has all the makings of being a tight cup tie. Both sides are getting near to the real big stage in this competition and it is so close neither will want to give up their opportunity easily. West Brom have proven a lot harder to beat since Pulis went in while West Ham have always been tough to beat under Sam Allardyce so I’m not 100% certain we will find a winner over the 90 minutes of this tie. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-brom-vs-west-ham-betting-fifth-round-can-begin-with-a-stalemate
Do you think WBA will be going for this? Pulis will have Premier league survival on his mind whereas West Ham/Allardyce have overachieved in the league and can afford to commit more to winning this game. Also after West Ham's embarrassing 5-0 defeat at Nottingham forest in the FA cup last season they seem to be giving the competition some respect. I don't mean this in a logistical sense because WBA have a full week before their game at Sunderland but I think mentally the two teams are coming from completely different places. WHU are freerolling and enjoying their season and will want to plunder more gold here WBA are more focused on survival and will want to pick up scraps in the premier league as they know they have no chance in the FA cup Anyways don't want to seem like I'm criticizing or anything, your picks are great just I have a different take on this game! Cheers gl

Do you think WBA will be going for this? Pulis will have Premier league survival on his mind whereas West Ham/Allardyce have overachieved in the league and can afford to commit more to winning this game. Also after West Ham's embarrassing 5-0 defeat at Nottingham forest in the FA cup last season they seem to be giving the competition some respect. I don't mean this in a logistical sense because WBA have a full week before their game at Sunderland but I think mentally the two teams are coming from completely different places. WHU are freerolling and enjoying their season and will want to plunder more gold here WBA are more focused on survival and will want to pick up scraps in the premier league as they know they have no chance in the FA cup Anyways don't want to seem like I'm criticizing or anything, your picks are great just I have a different take on this game! Cheers gl
Well after seeing the way his team performed against the Swans I agree there are some players in that line-up that Pulis may want to wrap up in cotton wool like Berahino and Ideye. On the other side of course, cop a beating in this match and it may have lingering negative effects on their league campaign. I was going to back West Ham with the +0 AH but they have some important players out now and it looks up in the air for me.

Re: FA Cup > February 14th - 16th Recent shots on target stats for both clubs suggest some value backing outsiders Reading, Bradford, Middlesboro and Preston Derby v Reading Reading +0.5 2.13 188Bet Sunderland v Bradford Bradford +0.5 1.85 Bet365 Arsenal v Middlesbro Middlesbro +1AH 2.17 188Bet Preston v Man Utd Preston +1AH 2.22 Marathon Stake: 3 points on each Total stake: 12 points

I didn't think they would but if you look at the sides Pulis has put out in the earlier rounds it seems they might be having a go at it. Can't see any reason why he'd name a weaker side when he's this close to Wembley than when he started especially as their league position looks much better now. Guess we'll only really know for sure tomorrow :ok.

Re: FA Cup > February 14th - 16th Sunday TV previews: 4pts Aston Villa vs Leicester - Over 2.5 goals 11/10 Paddy Power This is a tricky game to call now that Lambert has been sacked because we don’t know if there will be a change in Villa’s style but the very nature of the fact the pressure of league points and survival is off here should lead to a more open game and as long as the strikers do their thing there is no reason why there shouldn’t be goals in this match especially with a replay not really helping either side. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aston-villa-vs-leicester-betting-struggling-sides-can-produce-some-goals-in-cup-clash 4pts Arsenal vs Middlesbrough - Over 2.5 goals 8/11 BetVictor There will be people who fancy Middlesbrough again after they took out City in the last round and they’re definitely live runners here but I’m expecting some goals in this match. Middlesbrough don’t shy away from attacking, even on the road, and while they are strong at the back this Arsenal attack is different to anything else they will face with the pace and skills they have so whoever wins this and how they do it I fancy we’ll see a few goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-middlesbrough-betting-expect-goals-in-one-of-the-ties-of-the-round

4pts Arsenal vs Middlesbrough - Over 2.5 goals 8/11 BetVictor There will be people who fancy Middlesbrough again after they took out City in the last round and they’re definitely live runners here but I’m expecting some goals in this match. Middlesbrough don’t shy away from attacking, even on the road, and while they are strong at the back this Arsenal attack is different to anything else they will face with the pace and skills they have
Arguably Man City's attack is as good or better than Arsenal's

Arguably Man City's attack is as good or better than Arsenal's
Definitely NOT at this moment. Terrible Dzeko, awful Jovetic, poor Navas, Bony not playing yet - even Aguero before Wednesday was out of form. City's attack had been struggling to create anything in the last few weeks. This game should have goals in it. Middlesbrough not only scored twice at Etihad, but they had other 5 clean chances and only Caballero (and the post) spared City huge humiliation. There is a lot of pace and attacking flair in this Brough team.

Re: FA Cup > February 14th - 16th For me one of the value bets for the round is Derby at home to Reading. Derby home form w9 d4 l2 with 34 for and 13 against Reading away quiet poor w3 d4 l8 only scoring 14 and conceding 30 No real surprises in this game, and I really expect Derby to win it. Odds of 1.95 for the home win bet365 for 3 units

Re: FA Cup > February 14th - 16th Monday TV preview: 4pts Preston vs Man U - Under 2.5 goals 11/10 William Hill We’ve seen United go to two lower league opponents in this competition already and they haven’t really impressed in either game and you wonder if they will be any better here. They’ll need to be because this is the best of the three sides they will have faced but I sensed it was an attitude thing in the previous two games. In which case not much may have changed so another low key match could await us. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/preston-vs-man-utd-betting-another-low-scoring-united-cup-tie-awaits-us

Recent shots on target stats for both clubs suggest some value backing outsiders Reading, Bradford, Middlesboro and Preston Derby v Reading Reading +0.5 2.13 188Bet Sunderland v Bradford Bradford +0.5 1.85 Bet365 Arsenal v Middlesbro Middlesbro +1AH 2.17 188Bet Preston v Man Utd Preston +1AH 2.22 Marathon Stake: 3 points on each Total stake: 12 points
won/won/lost/lost Total stake: 12 points Return: 11.94 points Profit/loss = -0.6 points