** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

January 12 - January 18

Back Daniela Hantuchova (-2.5) to beat Richel Hogenkamp for a 7/10 stake at 1.81 with Unibet Hogenkamp is still very unproven at this level and I'm simply not convinced that she's good enough to seriously challenge Daniela Hantuchova, who was actually relatively decent last week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hantuchova-vs-hogenkamp-betting-daniela-hantuchova-to-start-her-hobart-campaign-with-an-easy-win

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Back Alize Cornet to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 6/10 stake at 3.02 with Pinnacle Cornet beat Radwanska last week and I don't believe that much has changed since then, so I'm happy to back her here at odds this big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cornet-vs-radwanska-betting-alize-cornet-to-provide-radwanska-with-a-tough-test-for-the-second-week-running

Re: January 12 - January 18 A.Kerber -5.5 games to beat L.Tsurenko @2.00 Bet365 Tsurenko somehow pulled wins through today's shitfest beside getting baggeled in first set. Don't know what happened with Kerber against Svitolina, she looked so good to me against Garcia and Gavrilova going with agressive returns every time and serve worked well. Expecting straight sets victory, Tsurenko doesn't have enough consistency in her game to beat Angi and her serve is unreliable. K.Flipkens to beat K.Kozlova @2.10 Pinnacle Don't understand odds. And this surge in odds for her win. Really. Yeah she was bad in Auckland but even in that circumstances she almost got two wins (choked badly against Vandeweghe). Not to meantion how higher I rank both Larsson and Coco than Kozlova. I doubt that she played against such crafty player as Flipkens is and not optimistic she will like it. At 2.10, must take for me. Took Cibulkova, don't believe in Mladenovic at all and, in fact, Domi was good against Keys in most part of the match. And this odds for Makarova are insane IMO.

Re: January 12 - January 18 1pt E/W B.Coric to win ATP Auckland 28/1 BetFred Worth a little one pointer each way as Coric should get through Busta without an issue. Normally in this tournament we'd have Isner or Ferrer set up to win it but with neither of those it could actually be anyones. Agut, Anderson, Robredo. Gulbis. Plenty have a chance. Coric would face Steve Johnson in round 2 which will be a tough match but he can win that one too. Kevin Anderson which would be a huge test for him but if he gets past him Id fancy him against Gulbis as he has beaten him already recently in straight sets. Don't get me wrong it's not "Likely"... no 28/1 dog is likely, but it keeps me interested.

Re: January 12 - January 18

1pt E/W B.Coric to win ATP Auckland 28/1 BetFred Worth a little one pointer each way as Coric should get through Busta without an issue. Normally in this tournament we'd have Isner or Ferrer set up to win it but with neither of those it could actually be anyones. Agut, Anderson, Robredo. Gulbis. Plenty have a chance. Coric would face Steve Johnson in round 2 which will be a tough match but he can win that one too. Kevin Anderson which would be a huge test for him but if he gets past him Id fancy him against Gulbis as he has beaten him already recently in straight sets. Don't get me wrong it's not "Likely"... no 28/1 dog is likely, but it keeps me interested.
What do you think about Lu against Monaco?

Re: January 12 - January 18 3pts Yen-Hsun Lu to beat J.Monaco 11/12 888.com I think Lu should win this one. Monaco is much more of a clay courter and Lu I think is the better player on the hard courts. Monaco hasn't competed here since 2011 and went out in round 1 then. Before that in 2009 and 2010 out in round 2. Monaco actually has a 2-0 win in the h2hs on this fixture but ignore that as both were walkovers or retirements. Lu competed here in 2013 (out in 2nd round to Ferrer who won tournament) and last year got to the final (beating Ferrer in semis) only to lose to Isner who won the tournament so he has a good record here, is better on the surface and for me has more importance to win. 3pts B.Coric to beat Busta 2-0 6/4 PaddyPower Coric is a very good up and coming player and I think he should have little problem with Busta on the hard courts. The loss to Ilhan aside, Coric has been in some real good form and will want to build on that with a good performance here in Auckland. Busta has been in some decent form himself but I cannot see him winning here so Coric for the straight sets win. 2.5pts T.Belucci to beat J.Vesely 6/5 PaddyPower I think this is a nice bit of value. Belucci is in some fine recenty going deep at Orleans and then again at Valencia getting to the quarter-final and losing out to Ferrer. Vesely is abit of an up and down player and gives away his service too much for my liking. Should be a close match but I'm siding with Belucci

Re: January 12 - January 18 Camila Girogi vs Kai Kanepi Over 21 games at 1.87 with 5Dimes 3.5 pts Both HOT and COLD players that flow and ride on momentum. That will be the story of this match. Whoever can get the first strike in. Girogi doesn't defend, period. She attacks even when running down balls, in counter-punching fashion. She is virtually unplayable when everything clicks, however she is rusty and not all that matchtight from what I viewed in her match today. Both players will have their moments and blow hot and cold at separate sections of the match. Will probably go to a 3rd set breaker, with Girogi chucking leads away whenever ahead by playing the scoreboard. Mikhail Kukushkin to beat Denis Istomin at 1.83 with Ladbrokes 5pts Kookoo has had 2 matches to warm himself to the surface and was pushed in both of those matches, against two players hitting some decent ball. He won a tight breaker against John Patrick Smith and he has a strong edge coming into this one against Denis. Denis didn't look fit against Birdshit, he was pretty much practically going through the motions, the visability of his knee injury however got lost amongst all Birdshit's heavy ballstriking and so the market hasn't reacted to it. Kookoo when he's on song is a top 30 calibre ballstriking machine and reels off winners at will. Denis won't be bringing the same intensity to court as Kookoo. I imagine denis sees this as just getting some minutes on court before the Aussie. Only one winner and the best bet of the day.

Re: January 12 - January 18 Problem is he bigs himself up for the wins and makes out he is god but when he has a loser then it's a fix or a choke... just needs to learn to lose aswell as win. Can't win them all.

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Karolina Pliskova to beat Simona Halep for a 7/10 stake at 3.85 with Pinnacle A bet both on Pliskova, who tends to do reasonably well against stronger opposition and who has a good enough game to trouble even the best, and against Halep, who'll have a bigger fish to fry in the upcoming weeks and who might therefore not be at her best tomorrow. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pliskova-vs-halep-betting-karolina-pliskova-can-prove-her-worth-against-simona-halep

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Daria Gavrilova to beat Angelique Kerber for a 7/10 stake at 3.60 with Bwin Gavrilova is the youngster to watch these days, having played a good match against Kerber last week. Since then, she managed to crush Belinda Bencic, while Kerber struggled a bit against Tsurenko (apparently also needing a medical time-out in the process), so this looks like a completely open match to me. A bookie that doesn't void retirements is to be recommended. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gavrilova-vs-kerber-betting-daria-gavrilova-to-get-her-revenge-for-what-happened-in-brisbane-last-week

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Go Soeda to beat Donald Young for a 7/10 stake at 2.75 with Bet365 Which Young will turn up is anyone's guess really, while Soeda seems to be in a pretty decent nick at the moment. Young will either blow him off the court or Soeda's consistency will prevail - at 2.75, I'm happy to say that the latter will happen. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/soeda-vs-young-betting-go-soeda-could-be-too-strong-for-donald-young-in-auckland

Re: January 12 - January 18 2.5pts Bautista-Agut to beat A.Mannarino 2-0 6/5 PaddyPower Agut the better player here and in the better form too. Id expect him to beat Mannarino with no real issues similar to how he did in the US Open (won in 3 straight sets) Mannarino had a good first round but I'm thinking Agut with the added extra rest of his bye he will want to really progress this year.

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Jerzy Janowicz to beat Nick Kyrgios for a 7/10 stake at 2.33 with Pinnacle I'd have Janowicz as a slight favourite here in all fairness. Unlike the Australian, he's already played a few decent matches in the new season, while Kyrgios had to withdraw from the Hopman Cup due to an injury. He'll have the crowd on his side, but that alone won't win him the match and I'm not sure that he really is better than Janowicz quality-wise right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/janowicz-vs-kyrgios-betting-jerzy-janowicz-should-be-the-favourite-against-nick-kyrgios-on-tuesday

Re: January 12 - January 18 strycova is a gift, stosur will not be able to dig out with serve like vs safarova who trashed me for very nice money yesterday even lot better play :@ strycova is a class above stosur right now, that's my view

Re: January 12 - January 18 3pts S.Giraldo to beat De Schepper 2-0 5/4 Coral Hard to decide whether to go for this bet or the overs bet because I think that atleast one of these sets could come down to a tie breaker if De Schepper serves well but when it comes down to it, I think it's more likely Giraldo wins 2-0. De Schepper is alittle bit limited. He only really has his serve and when that isn't firing he is like a chocolate teapot.

3pts Yen-Hsun Lu to beat J.Monaco 11/12 888.com I think Lu should win this one. Monaco is much more of a clay courter and Lu I think is the better player on the hard courts. Monaco hasn't competed here since 2011 and went out in round 1 then. Before that in 2009 and 2010 out in round 2. Monaco actually has a 2-0 win in the h2hs on this fixture but ignore that as both were walkovers or retirements. Lu competed here in 2013 (out in 2nd round to Ferrer who won tournament) and last year got to the final (beating Ferrer in semis) only to lose to Isner who won the tournament so he has a good record here, is better on the surface and for me has more importance to win.
Agree but there is some problem with his flight. He will arrive just a few hours before the match. That could be a problem!

strycova is a gift' date=' stosur will not be able to dig out with serve like vs safarova who trashed me for very nice money yesterday even lot better play :@ strycova is a class above stosur right now, that's my view[/quote'] 7-6, 6-2 easy win

Re: January 12 - January 18 Anna Bondar to beat Rebecca Sramkova (Plantation 25k Q)@2.00, bet365, 5/10 Bondar had a nice end of last year and got some confidence in Israel 10k, where she reached the semis. She needed that althogh we know hard is not her surface, but really clay court is. Now the first round she beat ex top 10 Vaidisova (who earlier in november beat a bunch of 200-300 players, so she must still possess some level) and with a comeback win, 36 75 61 she put down her mark in this tourney. She followed up with a relatively easy win vs Shamayko, which was expected. Sramkova did not finish 2014 on a high note at all, losing to Kvastabaia and Stokke easily (decent clay courters). I think Bondar is at least as good as these players or beter on clay. I have said it many times, Bondar is maybe 70% of the player that she really is on hard court, so really we have not seen the best of her on clay. Also her potential (ex-itf junior 15) is higher than Sramkova'a and with the wins behind her back last 2 days I expect her to qualify the main draw today! GL!!

Re: January 12 - January 18 ONE PICK ATP AUCKLAND: ROBREDO-4GAMES HANDICAP OVER VENUS @ 1.44 on pinnaclesports Venus is playing at home as a local wild-card, he has a good serve, but Robredo is a level above. First match of 2015 for Robredo, so he should be motivated for some match practice before Aus. Open next week

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Bojana Jovanovski to beat Alison Riske for a 7/10 stake at 2.84 with Pinnacle Jovanovski has a 2-0 record against Riske and she seems to have bounced back from that end-of-the-year slump already, so she looks a bit overpriced to me here. She's also the more talented of the two I'd say. And yes, it should also be noted that Riske is yet to win a proper match in the new season. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jovanovski-vs-riske-betting-bojana-jovanovski-looks-overpriced-against-alison-riske

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Jiri Vesely to beat Ernests Gulbis for a 7/10 stake at 2.75 with Ladbrokes Vesely has already had plenty of match practice in the new season and he's actually yet to drop a set in Auckland, so I expect him to have every chance against Gulbis, who hasn't played since the tournament in Basel last year. It's hard to trust Gulbis as the favorite even if one knows that he's fully fit and ready, which is what we actually don't even know here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vesely-vs-gulbis-betting-the-czech-youngster-can-score-a-win-against-ernests-gulbis

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Elias Ymer to beat Benoit Paire for a 7/10 stake at 3.50 with Bet365 Two guys that seem to be going in the opposite directions at the moment, so the 3.50 for Ymer looks worth taking to me. There's still a quality gap between the two, but it's not that huge and one also has to wonder about how Paire will feel about having to play in the qualifiers. It could play tricks with his mind - and Ymer is hardly the ideal first round opponent. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ymer-vs-paire-betting-elias-ymer-has-what-it-takes-to-upset-benoit-paire-in-the-aussie-open-qualifiers

Re: January 12 - January 18 Cheers guys :ok. Back Tsvetana Pironkova to beat Petra Kvitova for a 7/10 stake at 3.49 with Pinnacle Pironkova is playing superb tennis in Sydney once again, so these odds definitely look worth taking to me, especially since I wasn't impressed by what I saw from Kvitova in the previous round. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pironkova-vs-kvitova-betting-tsvetana-pironkova-to-continue-her-dream-sydney-run-on-thursday

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Marton Fucsovics to beat Ilya Marchenko for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Unibet Marchenko looked really average against Mitchell yesterday, his opponent gifted him the win really. Fucsovics is much better than the Australian, so I'm happy to back him at these odds. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fucsovics-vs-marchenko-betting-marton-fucsovics-looks-value-to-upset-the-ukrainian-in-the-qualifiers

Re: January 12 - January 18 Back Jiri Vesely to beat Donald Young for a 7/10 stake at 1.76 with Pinnacle Fancy Vesely's chances yet again. He did little wrong against Gulbis in the previous round and I'd say that he's comfortably the better player of the two as well. After all, Young had to work hard in order to beat Soeda and Schwartzman, which is hardly something to write home about. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vesely-vs-young-betting-jiri-vesely-can-make-it-through-to-the-semis-in-auckland

Re: January 12 - January 18 IM about to win a bet hold on :))) JESUS!!!!..... terrible run so far, no wonder no itf matches but have been a little unlucky as well.... all will turn very soon!!! Hopefully today!!!! Laura Schaeder to beat Julia Terzyska (Stuttgart 10k)@3.40, bet365, 6/10 Schaeder has beaten Mendesova who has a great record in my books from last year, in 3 sets, in what was probably a big comeback 16 76 61. She has better results at home, so the home crowd really can help here. Terzyska, naturally a hard court player, has beaten De Bernardi in what was also a 3 setter, knowing De Bernardis up and down game, where basically anything can happen on a given day, Im not surprised by the result 67 76 60. In my books this is a pick em match, with Schaeder having beaten a better player in the first round than Terzyska, plus the home field advantage. At 3.40 this is a must take imo!!! GL!!! Anna Klasen to beat Pemra Ozgen (Stuttgart 10k)@2.62 bet365, 5/10 Naturally this should be Ozgen, but knowing that Ozgen is 28, probably did not have the best or longest winter period workout, coz of her age, came to a 10k where she thinks she will get soem game going, some form. Truth is Klasen will be a hard task for her. She has beaten Pantuckova in the first round and also came back and I had a chance to watch and she was playing out of her mind, imo. TOo many winners, too fast. Home court for her as well, Ozgen more of a clay courter definitely, Klasen finishing last yeatr on a very high note, this is her type of tournament, as Ozgen is here to get something going for the start of the year. THis can be seen also by her first round result, 64 64 against a lowly Rueffer. Im confident this is a great get here as well. GL!!