Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southampton v Manchester United (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.82[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th 3pts Man Utd to beat Southampton 17/10 William Hill This match has probably come at the wrong time for Southampton. Not only will confidence slowly be ebbing away but after seeing United struggle for so long this season they now face them in top form which isn’t ideal. Throw in the injuries the Saints have in midfield and I think you have to lean towards United in this one. They are full of confidence right now and even as narrow favourites they look fair value. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/southampton-vs-man-utd-betting-man-utd-can-continue-their-winning-run-on-monday-night

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th I think there is more pressure on Southampton in this game after their recent downturn in form. I could imagine Man United winning by a few goals. But I'm hesitant to recommend any bet at the moment.

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th

3pts Man Utd to beat Southampton 17/10 William Hill This match has probably come at the wrong time for Southampton. Not only will confidence slowly be ebbing away but after seeing United struggle for so long this season they now face them in top form which isn’t ideal. Throw in the injuries the Saints have in midfield and I think you have to lean towards United in this one. They are full of confidence right now and even as narrow favourites they look fair value. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/southampton-vs-man-utd-betting-man-utd-can-continue-their-winning-run-on-monday-night
Agree 100% here. A few things to add.... Man United come into this game with 4 wins in a row. Confidence is high. Saints with two losses in 3 games scoring just 1 goal. For me what's been amazing with United this season is the turn around and the improvement in performance game-by-game. The consistency in performance seems to grow week after week. Comes from a top manager, giving players confidence, and well defined roles. If you remove that crazy game against Leicester away, United have only conceded 5 goals in 5 games away. Stats wise it would be the best DEFENSE away :loon in the premier league Can't see past a comfortable Man United win here

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th I've taken Man U +0 @ 1.88 Matchbook earlier today. Just think Cork (high performing mid), Schneiderlin (best mid) and Alderweild (best defender) are too important. There was also talk that Tadic (most important attacker) was doubtful but I expect to see him in the 11. So while I can't trust Man United in defense, if you let a team like them have the lion's share of the midfield, then they will create plenty for RVP and a returning Rooney to feed off. Southampton got to their position mostly off the back of their defense as they are generally low scorers and Pele's mini drought doesn't help. And Alderwield (?) is SO important in that back line.

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th I deffo think United can sneak a win Toto, but this is going to be an extremely tough game. Take the fluke win at Arsenal aside, where United were battered, the other three wins have been against mediocre opposition, beating a poor Palace side by 1 goal at Old Trafford, beating Stoke by a goal at Old Trafford and beating Hull at home too. Let's look at United away from home this season in the league: 1-1 Draw at Sunderland. 0-0 Draw at Burnley. 5-3 Loss at Leicester. 2-2 Draw at West Brom. 1-0 Loss at Man City. 2-1 Win at Arsenal which was a complete fluke. It is easy to forget too that although Southampton have lost their last two games, one was against the league champions who have been playing much better over the last couple of weeks and the other they was a late goal at the Emirates, in which they acquitted themselves a lot better there than United did, even though they lost. There is no Di Maria or Blind for United tonight and Falcao isn't anywhere near fit. Rafael and Jones still out so the defence is going to be tested. Tadic will deffo play tonight but the real worry for me is Young and Valencia are both likely to be the full backs, an accident waiting to happen. I just think everyone seems to be writing off Southampton just because they lost 2 games against two top sides, whereas United still have not convinced me, yes they won their last 4 games, but 3 of those were at home to nobodies and the other a complete fluke. Of course I hope United win, but I'm expecting a big performance from Southampton tonight who still have plenty of quality in midfield in Wanyama, Tadic, Mane and Davis etc, and in general this season have been rock solid at the back. Also disagree about Southampton being low scorers, only Chelsea better them at home for goals scored, they put 4 past Newcastle and 8 past Sunderland, and away from home netted 3 times at West Ham and Stoke.

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th Change that to recent low scorers then. 1 goal in last 3 matches. That was against Aston Villa where they laboured to a late equaliser and Koeman then said his men were growing fatigued etc. subsequently the fatigue sure did show in the next two matches.

Change that to recent low scorers then. 1 goal in last 3 matches. That was against Aston Villa where they laboured to a late equaliser and Koeman then said his men were growing fatigued etc. subsequently the fatigue sure did showed in the next two matches.
We will truly learn tonight whether Southampton are in decline or not, this is a huge game for them and their season. You would have to slightly favour United on form, deffo agree with that, and Rooney back is huge for United. It's one of those watching brief's for me personally, a draw is very possible so your +1 Asian looks a good play, good luck mate.

I deffo think United can sneak a win Toto, but this is going to be an extremely tough game. Take the fluke win at Arsenal aside, where United were battered, the other three wins have been against mediocre opposition, beating a poor Palace side by 1 goal at Old Trafford, beating Stoke by a goal at Old Trafford and beating Hull at home too. Let's look at United away from home this season in the league: 1-1 Draw at Sunderland. 0-0 Draw at Burnley. 5-3 Loss at Leicester. 2-2 Draw at West Brom. 1-0 Loss at Man City. 2-1 Win at Arsenal which was a complete fluke. It is easy to forget too that although Southampton have lost their last two games, one was against the league champions who have been playing much better over the last couple of weeks and the other they was a late goal at the Emirates, in which they acquitted themselves a lot better there than United did, even though they lost. There is no Di Maria or Blind for United tonight and Falcao isn't anywhere near fit. Rafael and Jones still out so the defence is going to be tested. Tadic will deffo play tonight but the real worry for me is Young and Valencia are both likely to be the full backs, an accident waiting to happen. I just think everyone seems to be writing off Southampton just because they lost 2 games against two top sides, whereas United still have not convinced me, yes they won their last 4 games, but 3 of those were at home to nobodies and the other a complete fluke. Of course I hope United win, but I'm expecting a big performance from Southampton tonight who still have plenty of quality in midfield in Wanyama, Tadic, Mane and Davis etc, and in general this season have been rock solid at the back. Also disagree about Southampton being low scorers, only Chelsea better them at home for goals scored, they put 4 past Newcastle and 8 past Sunderland, and away from home netted 3 times at West Ham and Stoke.
Agree with most of these thoughts.... However, I think you need to look at how United have been evolving throughout the course of the year. No Blind can easily be overcome by a returned Carrick. Jones hasn't been in the lineup, nor very good in the back in ages. Smalling's game has improved quite a bit however - excepting when he has his head up his arse like at City. Rojo is back and very good. I'm comfortable with Valencia at the back - Young however would be a bit of an issue. But, the midfield has really come around. With Carrick back you have a very solid link to get the ball forward. Fellaini's confidence has really grown with more playing time. Herrera back out there does a lot of the heavy running that Fellaini and Mata don't - and if DiMaria is out that is a big blow, but Mata has been very good in the attack for sure. RvP and a healthy Rooney will give a depleted Southampton midfield fits. to me, the biggest United deficiencies are the Young at full back and lack of central defense, but I don't think Southampton has the weapons to exploit this to be honest. Schneiderlin out is a bigger loss to the home side as United has depth abound. Southampton was plucked apart last offseason, so missing 2-3 first choice mid fielders will be a massive loss imo. I did play United here with draw protection at -0.25. United has been playing with much more confidence, and that ARsenal result, even if not well deserved, will be a huge boost. Chelsea losing, Arsenal losing this weekend, United has to see this as 3 points they really need to pickup if they want to make a CL place for next season. A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world for them either, but I think they will see this as a very winnable game tonight. :cheers:

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th Good post Dylanphan, and I hope you're right. :D I am still not convinced that United can outplay any side away from home as of yet, they have been outplayed in every single away game this season, Burnley and Leicester included so the jury is still out for me. Southampton have a solid defence, and to be fair Wanyama and Tadic along with Pelle will cause any team problems. Clyne at right full has also been a revelation as has Forster in goals. For me, this is an easier assignment for Southampton than playing City or Arsenal away.

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th Just looking at the latest odds to finish in the top four - Man United - 1.33 (75% chance) Southampton - 3.75 (26.6% chance) The market rates United's chance of finishing in the top four as nearly three times more likely than Southampton's. United are currently 5th, 1 point behind 4th-placed Southampton. But the market reckons United will finish the season comfortably ahead of Southampton. Looking at the latest odds for different markets, the expectation is that United will finish 3rd and Southampton around 5th. On that basis, I think United could be worth backing tonight - Man United AH0 1.77 188Bet Stake: 3 points

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th I agree here. Southampton a few weeks ago with their strongest line-up would probably cause a lot of damage to Utd but under these circumstances I also give the edge to Van Gaal. It obviously took some time for him to adapt to the english football and his new team. Plus a lot of injuries blocked his development. The return of Carrick is important and utd's midfield looks more in balance now. More strength and power atleast something they really missed in the middle of the pitch. Rooney is in good form, Van Persie gained confidence and Mata is a great technical player. The back is still a bit of a worry but I don't rate Southampton's offense that good to be honest. They were on a superb run a few weeks ago but they faced some tough weeks lately while utd turned things around in a positive way! Due their great start and current ranking bookies respect Southampton and that's a good thing for us imo. 2.50 for a utd win is interesting. I have some bets for tonight who are likely to come out as winners. Overall I have few doubts Utd will win this encounter in the end. If they find a early goal I really think they will cover the handicap line. Southampton's confidence took a knock and if they concede early tonight they will have to open up and come out something that will suit utd even more. It can also be a pretty tight game from start till end that's why I like the 0-0 at half-time bet for some cover. Don't think utd will concede easily against Southampton. Especially not early in the game cause I don't expect the home side to be dominant. The missings in midfield and their best centre back will be too much for them. The halftime draw and utd to win at fulltime is also a bet I like. So that's why I made 4 bets for tonight pre-game this morning. Utd to win medium stakes, utd -1.5 small stakes. 0-0 at halftime correct score small stakes and halftime draw and fulltime utd also small stakes. 0-2 is my call! Goodluck boys.

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th I think Southampton are pretty much overrated. They had by far the easiest schedule so far, and you have to give them credit for winning against most of the "weaker" sides of the premiere league, as pretty much all the other Top Teams have failed in one or more games. but you also have to say that Southampton lost every game against Top6 Teams that they ve played so far (Tottenham, Liverpool, City and Arsenal). There are 24 more games to go, and 10 of those games are against Teams that are/were supposed to finish above them (2 games against United,Chelsea and Everton, and Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and City once), so the season is about to beginn for them, and they in my opinion they already showed that they cant compete with the best sides in BPL. I expect to win United today, probably sth like 0-1,1-2 or maybe a 1-1, but I cant imagine Southampton winning.

Just looking at the latest odds to finish in the top four - Man United - 1.33 (75% chance) Southampton - 3.75 (26.6% chance) The market rates United's chance of finishing in the top four as nearly three times more likely than Southampton's. United are currently 5th, 1 point behind 4th-placed Southampton. But the market reckons United will finish the season comfortably ahead of Southampton. Looking at the latest odds for different markets, the expectation is that United will finish 3rd and Southampton around 5th. On that basis, I think United could be worth backing tonight - Man United AH0 1.77 188Bet Stake: 3 points
I managed to get that at 1.90 with VC yesterday (in a cheeky double with Villa AH0). How are you still getting bets on at 188 if you dont mind me asking?

Change that to recent low scorers then. 1 goal in last 3 matches. That was against Aston Villa where they laboured to a late equaliser and Koeman then said his men were growing fatigued etc. subsequently the fatigue sure did show in the next two matches.
These stats could also sway one into thinking that Utd might be fresher....
  • Southampton have started the fewest spread of players this season in the Premier League (15), while Man Utd have handed starts to more than any other team (26).
  • Manchester United have used a league-high 31 players this season and David de Gea is the only Red Devil to play in all 14 games. Though I'm not sure about how much fatigue plays a role after 14 matches.

I managed to get that at 1.90 with VC yesterday (in a cheeky double with Villa AH0). How are you still getting bets on at 188 if you dont mind me asking?
I have not been limited by 188Bet (I've also heard from other people that they are less restrictive than most bookmakers - meaning not as quick to limit you)

I have not been limited by 188Bet (I've also heard from other people that they are less restrictive than most bookmakers - meaning not as quick to limit you)
No surprise they dont limit as much as for example Bet365 or BetVictor. After all they are an asian bookie. Dont now more exactly how their relation is to for an example any closed asian bookie (comparing with Dafabet and 12Bet who get their odds from IBCBET). Always thought you lived in the UK but have to guess I was wrong about that.

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th Yiddo in fairness fellaini has probably been uniteds best player the last month or so and mata has scored important goals when given the chance. Carrick has also strengthened the midfield

Re: Southampton v Manchester United > Monday December 8th Oh! I got a message some time back indicating that they were closing UK accounts. Oddly I cant find the message in my e-mail so I'm thinking maybe it was on the site. When I try to go to the site I get this message....

It is forbidden to access our website from your location. We apologize for the inconveniences caused.
Am I missing something?

Just looking at the latest odds to finish in the top four - Man United - 1.33 (75% chance) Southampton - 3.75 (26.6% chance) The market rates United's chance of finishing in the top four as nearly three times more likely than Southampton's. United are currently 5th, 1 point behind 4th-placed Southampton. But the market reckons United will finish the season comfortably ahead of Southampton. Looking at the latest odds for different markets, the expectation is that United will finish 3rd and Southampton around 5th. On that basis, I think United could be worth backing tonight - Man United AH0 1.77 188Bet Stake: 3 points
Result: Southampton 1 Man United 2 Bet won :ok Stake: 3 points Return: 5.3 points Profit/loss = +2.3 points I thought Man United got away with that - with the help of some class finishing.