** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Vanarama Conference 27th September

Darran

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 27 September 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AFC Telford United v Torquay United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4/6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Altrincham FC v Welling United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Braintree Town v FC Halifax Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]8/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dover Athletic v Alfreton Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Forest Green Rovers v Barnet (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gateshead v Aldershot Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5/6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]10/3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Grimsby Town v Chester FC (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]8/15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]10/3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]9/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lincoln City v Macclesfield Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]6/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nuneaton Town v Dartford (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]6/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southport v Bristol Rovers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]11/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Woking v Kidderminster Harriers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wrexham v Eastleigh (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September There must be a mistake bristol rovers can't ne 11/10 to beat Southport if that is true I think it is wise to get on quick they will be odds on come sat Southport still got big keeper problems and very short on confidence until that price was put up I would have had rovers down ad at least 4/7

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September Also Torquay are a fair price they were easily best team I've seen this season and although not played telford yet all reports suggest they are out of their depth I can ser a big strong Torquay side bullying them telford don't keep many clean sheets so a double on rovers and Torquay looks the best bet to me

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September I agree, jirwin. Bristol and Torquay are my two strongest NL picks this weekend. My third selection is Welling United. They are yet to pick up an away point, but by all accounts have turned their season round of late and are playing like a different side to the one that started the season. Meanwhile, Altrincham have conceded 12 times in their last 3 matches and must be low on confidence following consecutive spankings by (albeit well-fancied) Barnet and Kidderminster. With Alty's dip in form coinciding with Welling's improvement in form, I believe the 2/1 available at PP and 365 offers a smidgen of value.

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September

I agree, jirwin. Bristol and Torquay are my two strongest NL picks this weekend. My third selection is Welling United. They are yet to pick up an away point, but by all accounts have turned their season round of late and are playing like a different side to the one that started the season. Meanwhile, Altrincham have conceded 12 times in their last 3 matches and must be low on confidence following consecutive spankings by (albeit well-fancied) Barnet and Kidderminster. With Alty's dip in form coinciding with Welling's improvement in form, I believe the 2/1 available at PP and 365 offers a smidgen of value.
Welling are always strong at home but I wouldn't trust them away from home and Alty have been better at home than they have been away from home. Interestingly the away win percentage so far this season is pretty low. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September Thanks im off to watch us at Grimsby on sat just don't know what to expect we could be tired after the effort in the Derby on Mon or could be full of confidence I always say we are a much better side away results don't always shoe it but performance is so much better won't bet on result but do expect goals we create chances but look dodgy at back ps keep an eye out for our run of fixtures after sat we have played 8 of top 10 do far and start a run against the lower sided prices should be good im going with over 2.5 goals on sat

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September Dover v Alfreton I was a little worried I was backing Alfreton at the wrong time last weekend, but that wasn’t the case as they beat Nuneaton to keep the unbeaten run going. Dover are struggling right now have lost five of their last six with the only victory coming against bottom side AFC Telford. To be fair to them apart from losing 3-0 to Barnet they haven’t been to far away, but to me that suggests they are just lacking that little bit extra you need when stepping up to this level. Alfreton have had four nice games to kick start their season and this looks another kind tie where they can continue their improvement in form. Crucially they finally kept a clean sheet last week as well. I am surprised to see them at 21/10 with Bet 365 and that is worth an interest. Southport v Bristol Rovers Rovers’ away form this season does slightly worry me, but everything points to an away win here. Southport have been poor in their last three games losing to Alfreton, Chester and Macclesfield. Bristol Rovers seem to be finding their stride in the league now and have won five of their last six. The only defeat in that spell did come away at Braintree and they were also slightly fortunate to win at Lincoln, but this does look their easiest task away from home yet. They are also coming off the back of an impressive win against 4th placed Woking. They are being backed but Skybet are still odds against at 11/10 and that looks a good price.

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September [TABLE=width: 331]

[TR] [TD]Telford[/TD] [TD=align: right]7.35[/TD] [TD=align: right]5.11[/TD] [TD=align: right]1.49[/TD] [TD]Torquay[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Altrincham[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.00[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.92[/TD] [TD=align: right]4.01[/TD] [TD]Welling[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Braintree[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.15[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.13[/TD] [TD=align: right]4.50[/TD] [TD]Halifax[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Dover[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.30[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.42[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.43[/TD] [TD]Alfreton[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Forest Green[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.15[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.42[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.52[/TD] [TD]Barnet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Gateshead[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.32[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.28[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.69[/TD] [TD]Aldershot[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Grimsby[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.28[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.49[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.56[/TD] [TD]Chester[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Lincoln[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.39[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.78[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.10[/TD] [TD]Macclesfield[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Nuneaton[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.11[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.44[/TD] [TD=align: right]4.14[/TD] [TD]Dartford[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Southport[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.61[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.52[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.96[/TD] [TD]Bristol Rovers[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Woking[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.27[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.81[/TD] [TD=align: right]4.68[/TD] [TD]Kidderminster[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Wrexham[/TD] [TD=align: right]2.34[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.67[/TD] [TD=align: right]3.27[/TD] [TD]Eastleigh[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Shortlist Altrincham 2.38 or better (2.4 taken with Pinny) Braintree 2.6 or better (2.86 taken with Pinny) Alfreton 3.02 or better (3.32 taken with Pinny) Chester at 4.98 or better (7.67 taken with Pinny) Southport at 3.29 or better (4.44 taken with Pinny)

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September I am having a dabble on Braintree/Halifax Draw at 13/5. Value considering Iron have not had a draw so far this season. Halifax are also not the most prolific away winners. Looks a tight call either way. Hope you save us all a piece of Wedding Cake addpea ? ;)

I am having a dabble on Braintree/Halifax Draw at 13/5. Value considering Iron have not had a draw so far this season. Halifax are also not the most prolific away winners. Looks a tight call either way. Hope you save us all a piece of Wedding Cake addpea ? ;)
I was considering Braintree actually as they are pretty hard to beat at home, but the price was about right for me although you could be right with the draw. Everyone give me your address and I will send some out ;-) By the way apparently Hargreaves was talking about FGR not Telford which makes more sense.

Dover v Alfreton I was a little worried I was backing Alfreton at the wrong time last weekend, but that wasn’t the case as they beat Nuneaton to keep the unbeaten run going. Dover are struggling right now have lost five of their last six with the only victory coming against bottom side AFC Telford. To be fair to them apart from losing 3-0 to Barnet they haven’t been to far away, but to me that suggests they are just lacking that little bit extra you need when stepping up to this level. Alfreton have had four nice games to kick start their season and this looks another kind tie where they can continue their improvement in form. Crucially they finally kept a clean sheet last week as well. I am surprised to see them at 21/10 with Bet 365 and that is worth an interest.
addpea as always great! But do you know why odds on Dover are going down? http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/england/conference-premier/dover-ath-alfreton/EoJOUaC5/

addpea as always great! But do you know why odds on Dover are going down? http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/england/conference-premier/dover-ath-alfreton/EoJOUaC5/
No idea to be honest. If the price has drifted on Alfreton then better for those who haven't got on yet. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: Vanarama Conference 27th September Conference the past six-plus years haven't typically rewarded backers of away favorites...it's about 50-50 at odds of up to 4.99 for home dogs, with draws slightly ahead of home upset wins. This season the home dogs are 2-2-5, Southport and Nuneaton getting the wins, Telford and Welling the draws. I wouldn't double away favorites, that's for sure. Pick one and guess right is a far better bet.