Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites

Haichan

Several Ipoker sites like Titan and Winner are transferring UK players to UK only sites. You are given little warning and the software automatically transfers you to the new site. However if you have a link from an affiliate which gives you access to monthly tournaments etc be careful. After transfer many of the tournaments are no longer available on the UK site especially if that affiliate is from overseas. After transfer with Titan just lost my access to affiliate tournaments even though Titan had assured me I wouldn't. Especially frustrating as I went to Malta via Titan and that affiliate and have won 2 of their monthly $1000 tournaments. You can opt out of the transfer but only if you request it before the transfer takes place.

Re: Warning about IPoker sites transferring you to UK only

Several Ipoker sites like Titan and Winner are transferring UK players to UK only sites. You are given little warning and the software automatically transfers you to the new site. However if you have a link from an affiliate which gives you access to monthly tournaments etc be careful. After transfer many of the tournaments are no longer available on the UK site especially if that affiliate is from overseas. After transfer with Titan just lost my access to affiliate tournaments even though Titan had assured me I wouldn't. Especially frustrating as I went to Malta via Titan and that affiliate and have won 2 of their monthly $1000 tournaments. You can opt out of the transfer but only if you request it before the transfer takes place.
its showing in the lobby now under private now on titan bet I like yourself was linked to it as well so hopefully we should still be able to play next month as I think this month they fecked up due to the migration of british players

Re: Warning about IPoker sites transferring you to UK only

its showing in the lobby now under private now on titan bet I like yourself was linked to it as well so hopefully we should still be able to play next month as I think this month they fecked up due to the migration of british players
Thanks. see it there now. Crazy told them 5 days ago. still no answer from Titan.

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites I've merged a couple of threads here. Seems new rules affect all sites operating in UK and some will not bother to pay for a licence so will cease to operate here? Others are moving UK players to a UK version of their site. Happens from end of Sept I believe. Can we collate any information in here from various sites. Also if anyone understands and can explain better please do!

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites Some of the sites who have transfered players already like Titan didn't do it very well as they failed to explain how the new arrangements will work. However according to Poker Stars those sites who are licencing for UK players will effectively run a seperate UK skin for their UK players but you will still be able to play against all world wide players. A little bit like the Ipoker skin Ipoker sites use which merges players into single tournaments. However some like Poker Heaven are closing to UK business to avoid buying a licence. Change takes place on 1 October 2014. Poker Stars have said it will happen on their site on 1 Oct when you sign in.

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites I recently received the pokerstars update notification and I see that Winamax is mentioned above, does anyone know if they are taking up a UK licence and what it will mean for those of us with funds in these sites that are not taking up the UK licence requirement, from 1st Oct? I have just checked UNIBET and it looks like they are registered in Malta, how many more sites are affected? I have contacted UNIBET and they have said they will be registering in the UK on the 1st & sending out an email to inform customer that day!

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites Mansion closing. Pokerstars.fr is closing to UK players too. PartyPoker are requesting age verification: "From 1st October 2014, we need to see a copy of your ID to confirm you’re over 18. Please upload a scan or photograph of your passport or driving licence before then in order to ensure your gameplay is not disrupted by either." EverestPoker - new TACs "Following changes in the way UK gaming is regulated, Everest Poker are emailing you to inform you that, from the 1st October 2014, we will be following the new UK licensing regulations for remote gaming. Please log in to EverestPoker and accept our new Terms & Conditions, as well as set your daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits to ensure you enjoy your gambling in a responsible manner."

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites For regulatory reasons, the requirement for UK-based players to move their accounts to the new PokerStars UK client has been postponed until November 1. Until then, you are free to enjoy all your favourite games on your usual PokerStars desktop and/or mobile client. From 00:01 BST on November 1, playing on the French .FR site, or any other licence except UK, will no longer be possible within the UK. UK-based players using the .FR client will need to cashout their funds in the usual way - there is no risk of players losing their funds, but any balance on the .FR client must be withdrawn and re-deposited on the new UK client to continue playing. If you have a PokerStars .COM account, you will also be required to move it to PokerStars UK. The process will be quick and straightforward, and you’ll be automatically prompted to do so when you log-in after October 31. Players using PokerStars Mobile will need to download the new UK-specific apps from the App Store or PokerStars Mobile site. The PokerStars UK site will continue to share all games and player pools with the PokerStars.com site. Due to UK regulations, the auto rebuy feature will not be available on the UK site for either cash games or tournaments. All other software features and game experiences will remain the same.

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites If your a cash player and don't want to see the end of auto rebuys and top ups you may want to sign the petition.:) http://www.change.org/p/jenny-williams-commissioner-and-chief-executive-gambling-commission-let-uk-poker-players-keep-automated-rebuys-and-top-ups

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites I haven't posted for a while as poker has taken a back seat for a bit. I have tried to get all my balances withdrawn on sites i either don't trust or seem set to go to the great poker graveyard in virtual heaven. I saw on here about pokerstars and winamax etc so converted some "miles" on the latter and got €3 ..... I played a PLO €2 game and won €50 so all was good. I have tried to withdraw said money and firstly got a message saying the Nationwide had refused the funds !! - I spoke to Nationwide and they said no such refusal is noted ! I withdrew yesterday and they have just returned funds to account without even letting me know !! I have sent numerous emails include one translated to French to [email protected] and .com - no replies. They have no telephone number just an address to write to ......... Now with 1st November approaching ......... ************** SUCCESS - the power of Punters Lounge ;) ..... after 10 minutes of posting they finally replied and said they need the BIC code not the SWIFT code ..... at least they told me !!!! *******************

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites

Poker Heaven just reconfirmed they are closing UK accounts from 31 Oct. Winamax will be closing soon based on their earlier email last month.
thanks, play a fair bit on winamax and not had any emails saying about closing - time to visit their boutique! i guess

Re: Warning - New Licensing Legislation Affecting UK Players on non-UK Sites We regret to inform that due to recent regulatory changes in the United Kingdom we will not be able to accept players from your country from the 1st of November 2014 onwards. In light of the new unfavorable Gaming regulation in the territory, PokerLoco would not be able to accommodate UK players with the quality that we have accustomed you to over the years. We are aware that this is a last minute information, PokerLoco has tried to find the best solution for our UK players until the last minute but unfortunately this regulatory change gives us no option but to exit this market temporarily. We will remain active in trying to find options to re-enter the UK market as soon as possible and to provide you once again with the gaming experience and level of service you are accustomed to from our Poker Room. The access to our software will be blocked from the 1st of November, however you will still be able to login to your account at www.pokerloco.com and access your cashier to make any necessary withdrawals. All withdrawals will be dealt with maximum urgency although we do anticipate a slight backlog due to the volume of players in the territory. We appreciate your patience in this matter.