BBOTD > Monday May 5th

Curragh 5:25 I think 7/1 is a ridiculous price for Tahaany to win this race personally. The talented Chris Hayes, a good friend of mine, is on board tomorrow and he is quietly confident of a big run. The 3 year old filly won impressively at Leopardstown in a maiden last July and she battled on bravely in horrible conditions to get up at Cork in a three runner race on heavy ground. She is a better horse on better ground and the 7f should be ideal. Dermot Weld also has the favourite in the race but I don't think there should be that much of a difference between the prices. Tahaany WIN @ 7/1 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 2.00 Bath - Diamond Vine EW @ 14/1 Bet365 Big risk backing this horse to win only as he only has 4 wins from 75 starts but he does have another 16 placed efforts. He very rarely runs over 5f and he is probably better over 6f but he does have a CD win to his name. He handles quick ground and he will be finishing fast over this CD. He has plenty of good form at this track so he clearly goes well here. The trainer's horses are running well at big prices without winning so I am hopeful this one can maybe run into a place at the very least. He is well handicapped on 48 but hasn't managed to take advantage yet.

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 3:00 Windsor - Kinglami (5/1 BetVictor) 1pt Win Lots of racing tomorrow but very little in terms of attractive betting propositions. Kinglami was very impressive when scoring over course and distance on soft ground last year and the second horse that day is now rated some 19lbs higher. His two subsequent runs on turf also read well in the context of this race, on the first occasion he did not get any luck in running when finishing 3rd at Goodwood before running well to finish 5th at 25/1 in a very competitive, higher class race at Ascot. That latter run came with some cut in the ground, he should get those conditions tomorrow and he still looks unexposed on turf having been generally kept to the polytrack. He won on his seasonal debut last year and the opposition tomorrow do not look particularly inspiring, while the Gubby yard are a bit of a law unto themselves, I think that off a mark of 79 and with the talented Oisin Murphy taking off a further 3lbs he is well up to winning this.

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 1610 windsor 1pt win trixie malone 7/4 bet365 4 year old filly has started the season well, 2 runs 2 wins both under apprentice jockey joey haynes,and could win again today despite a 4lb rise ,trainer and jockey have a near 17% strike rate together,ground should be ok,and if there is a little rain ,she might get her favoured soft ground

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th Agree with calc about tomorrow, lots of bang average racing IMHO, but managed to find one.... ;) 3.50 Beverley WOODY BAY has a decent chance at decent odds in this race. Will have needed the run LTO on ground that wasn't ideal and got beaten 4L in a much better race. Conditions should suit today and has Graham Lee on board who has won on him before. Should be on the premises. WOODY BAY 0.5pt E/W @ 10/1 (BetVictor BOG) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 1.30 Bath - Ivors Rebel ew sp Take sp as wont be up to take a price. Dominic Elsworth sends only the one to bath tomorrow and has a pretty good record with 2yos here , 2 wins and three 3rds from 7 runners. Combined with keniry they are 3/8. Sent off an unfancied 50/1 shot at Kempton on debut , bit green and bumped at the start but only beaten 8Lengths and winner has since won again in a class 2 conditions race and 4th placed in a maiden nto. 5 of the 7 had race course experience in that maiden so should have benefited from that and come on for initial experience. Dam was a 6 and 7 furlong winner and should be speedy enough with sire a 6-8f winner. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 3.15 Beverley - GRASPED Nothing exciting today I'm afraid, but I think it's hard to see past Mrs Cecil's runner here. In a race that doesn't have too much depth, the unexposed Grasped comes in here off what looks a lenient mark of 74. I had her running a figure of 85 on her debut, so wasn't surprised to see her follow up on her hcap debut next time out and justify odds of 1/3. She was very workmanlike that day, and that has resulted in a rise of only 2lbs. I'd be surprised if she doesn't go on to be rated into the 80's, so I fully expect her to complete her task today en route to that. 1 pt win @ 13/8 BetVictor

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 435 Kempton: Turn Over Sivola 3/1 BetVictor Might be crap flat racing but Kempton have a Class 2 handicap today and a nice little race to look at. We have two front runners in the line up with Australia Day and Kie and while i like both of these genuine types i reckon they might go too quick here against each other. Claret Cloak and Turn Over Sivola were placed at Aintree with the latter just coming out on top, revised weights make it tight but Claret Claok has had a couple of chances lately and not took them, maybe he's saving a bit? Turn Over Sivola has yet to win over fences in 6 attempts but has finished second to Hinterland, Dodging Bullets, Baby Mix, Parsnip Pete and Doeslessthanme also a third to Next Sensation so his overall form is rock solid and i'll take him to get off the mark here on conditions that should be ideal. Pepite Rose is the class horse but i'm not sure she is finishing off her races and has a lot of weight against one or two nice improving types.

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th I'm wondering why Luke Morris opts for the Carroll runner instead of either of the two Harris runners, thought he was more of a 'stable jock' for the latter. Anyone any ideas?

2.00 Bath - Diamond Vine EW @ 14/1 Bet365 Big risk backing this horse to win only as he only has 4 wins from 75 starts but he does have another 16 placed efforts. He very rarely runs over 5f and he is probably better over 6f but he does have a CD win to his name. He handles quick ground and he will be finishing fast over this CD. He has plenty of good form at this track so he clearly goes well here. The trainer's horses are running well at big prices without winning so I am hopeful this one can maybe run into a place at the very least. He is well handicapped on 48 but hasn't managed to take advantage yet.

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 15.05 Curragh: Michaelmas @ 7/2 Bet365 Michaelmas was one who caught my eye last year on his debut run and later when winning a maiden, both over way to short of his best on rather unsuitable ground. He stayed on extremely well on his debut run at Leopardstown over 6f and won a maiden over extremely short 5f hands and heels. Something went wrong after and he had just one more start in lat October in a Group 3 then upped to 7f where he was extremely keen early on and was seemlingly not happy on the soft ground, unable to quicken as one would expect. Michaelmas is bred to be a Group winner, but over further than sprint trips. He has an entry for the St. James's Palace Stakes but for now 7f shouldn't be too much of a problem. Key is the ground to him, and fast ground at the Curragh is a big bonus today. How fit he is on his seasonal reappearance is a question mark, but he is the class act in this field in my mind, which is a good test for sure though with some nice types in it, but if he is the good horse I believe he can be, then he has to win this.

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 5.00 Beverley Strange looking race with many of these with something to prove at present and its hard to get away from the favourite Real Tigress a Spanish import for this yard had shown promise in 3 previous starts before winning around here over the extended mile, drop of a furlong shouldn’t prove a problem as she did look to just get home over the trip last time out, up 5lb for latest but should have more to offer. Mister Marcasite was only beaten a neck on reappearance on good ground, but all previous form has come on soft and heavy ground so this fast ground a concern, but is clearly well handicapped if backing that effort up just 6 days later. Imperator Augustus has just simply been going through the motions on the AW recently and needs to step up on those efforts back on turf. Bond Artist has been in good form on the AW but form on turf is much weaker and needs to improve on those efforts back on turf. 1pt win Real Tigress 4/1 SJ

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 1.45 Kempton Nordic Quest 7/4 Paddy Power BOG Nordic Quest won a maiden hurdle at Wincaton lto on good ground very easily and is the selection given the stable's good record here and the ground which might not be than amenable to Huff And Puff who was beaten by Sign Of A Victory on soft at Newbury in March 1 Point win for nap purposes Nordic Quest 7/4 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th marjong 3.00 windsor takes my eye for today. headgear goes on, which ive been waiting for and the trip and ground suggest a strong finish from the horse. handicapped to go close if on a going day, so with the headgear hopefully bringing out the best and possibly a bit better, the horse should be fighting out the finish of this race. 1 point win.

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th

I'm wondering why Luke Morris opts for the Carroll runner instead of either of the two Harris runners' date=' thought he was more of a 'stable jock' for the latter. Anyone any ideas?[/quote'] Couldn't tell you to be honest mate. Maybe thinks he has a better chance on the other runner? He has won on him recently on the all weather

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th Bath 3.45 - Arty Campbell - win at 13/8 bog PP Only 6 left in the staying handicap now My horse is the least exposed having only started to run in staying races this year after an unsuccessful spell over hurdles. He won at Kempton then ran 3rd at Newbury at the Greenham Meeting. Has only had 6 career runs on the flat, winning 1 and placed 3 times. Looks to be an improving type Second fave at the moment is The Quarterjack who goes well at bath but doesn't look certain to stay what is a big step up in trip Ordensritter looks like a bit of a plodder.......he's won at Kempton as well but might not have much toe if it comes down to a tactical race and a bit of a sprint. Mark Johnston's horse, Sir Frank Morgan, might try and make all but he's gone up a lot in the weights for 3 wins at Wolves and his last couple of runs suggest that the handicapper has now got a grip on him

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th

Couldn't tell you to be honest mate. Maybe thinks he has a better chance on the other runner? He has won on him recently on the all weather
Also if you look at Harris's runner for the last 14 days in the Post.......16 runners, Morris has only ridden 1 so he doesn't appear to be a stable jockey !

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th 5.20 Windsor - Uphold win @ 9/2 Bet365 This horse went very close last time out at Yarmouth when he finished 2nd. He races here today off a 2lb higher mark but is effectively is running off of 1lb lower as Oisin Murphy takes the ride and he takes 3lb off. The slight step back up in trip should also be a positive as most of his best form comes over 12f. The ground should also not be a problem and I fancy this one to go closer today.

Re: BBOTD > Monday May 5th Nice pick Kev.... Quick question, wher do u find the stats to know that Ellsworth has 2 wins and three 3rds from 7 runners with 2yo at bath??? I can see from racing post u can see 2yo winners at the track but what about the more in depth info??? Cheers