BBOTD Monday 28th April

7.05 Windsor Not a huge amount of pace on here only one confirmed front runner and couple that like to sit prominently so may pay to be up with the pace at the very least. Top Diktat is in the form of his life, further 6lb rise for latest win obviously makes things tougher but cant be ignored in current vein, has had chances off marks in 80’s previously and was unable to win so a mark of 84 clearly demands a lot more. Does have form on soft conditions although recent form has come on polytrack and good ground will also want a decent pace to chase unlikely to get that. Hard to assess Santo Thomas no flat form in this country and just fair over hurdles, last win off a mark of 107 so flat mark of 87 might be a tad high but will handle soft conditions. Number One London became frustrating last year and remain a maiden to tread carefully with. Top Set just has the 3 maiden runs and a handicap mark of 74 may not prove beyond him in time but had lengthy lay off and yet to encounter this sort of ground. Starwatch was a good 3rd on seasonal reappearance last time out over 1mile around here in soft conditions, has always been stretched by this trip though. Handheld is the one for me, made a very pleasing return to the track at Doncaster on the Lincoln weekend with a solid 3rd on soft ground having got a fairly soft lead. I think the handicapper has been very kind to leave him unchanged the front 3 pulled well clear of the remainder and the winner has since placed off 7lb higher mark. For a 7yr old he remains lightly raced and clearly has more to offer in soft conditions especially if coming on from the race. 1pt win Handheld 4/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 14.10 Kempton: Starlit Cantara @ 9/2 Bet365 Starlit Cantara is an obvious chance here after her most recent run and the fact that the handicapper left her mark unchanged makes her a filly very hard to beat here. After a winter break she reappeared at Kempton three weeks ago and she travelled well enough for most parts of the race. She made nice headway from 2f out, challenging the leader hard. That horse though found more and more, having the run of the race from the front in a slowly run race. Half a furlong out though it looked as if Starlit Cantara could finally be able to pass the leader, trying to slip through on the inside. This move ended abruptly when the leader shifted towards the rail shutting the door and the jockey on Starlit Cantara had to take a hard pull to avoid a crash. Now, it isn't said that she would have passed the leader indeed, but she was robbed the chance to have every chance at least. Considering that the eventual winner followed up with another success, it is to assume that Starlit Cantara must be well in tomorrow, since she can race off the same mark again on her second seasonal outing, over the same course and distance in a rather poor class 6 handicap.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 7.35 Windsor Significant Move (win 4/1 bet365) My selection was beaten about four & a half lengths last time by Palus San Marco who is favourite for mondays race & i think the bookies have got this one wrong because the ground in monday will be worse which will suit Significant Move who will also be 2lb better at the weights this time i would like to see more rain & going by the forecast for monday it looks like it will rain. just hope they dont pull Palus San Marco out if it gets too heavy because i dont want a rule 4. I really think my selection will take all the beating tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April Naas 7:25 He's Got Rhythm had two poor runs on the all-weather but now switching back to turf off a reasonable mark he has to be respected here. His last turf run was at Roscommon back in September where he finished 2nd to Captain Cullen off a mark of 83, and he runs off 82 tomorrow. The Marnane yard is in brilliant form, his last two runners have won and his last five runners haven't been out of the first three. At 16/1 here he looks a bit of value. He's Got Rhythm WIN @ 16/1 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 4.30 BATH ENQUIRING @ 9/2 Paddy Power BOG Only horse in the race with winning form and last run can be easily ignored having got caught up in a fight for the lead early which put pay to his chances. Trainers only runner at a track that he was 6/14 43% last season. Very good claimer takes off a useful 3lb. Should go really close.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 6.55 Naas: Scream Blue Murder, 6/1 Boylesports, win Scream Blue Murder finished 5L behind the re-opposing An Saighdiur lto in his seasonal debut at Cork. He is three pounds better off today and with today's ground favouring SBM more than AS, he should be able to reverse that form. He should also come on a bit for that run. The current market leaders are Guerre, who was beaten at this level last year and is making his first start of the season, and Maarek, who's yard is in poor form and was well beaten in AS and SBM's race at Cork. Trainer Tommy Stack is in good form and Wayne Lordan is in the saddle.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April Southwell 6.45 - Realize (1pts win, 2/1 Bet365) A winner here 13 days ago Realize looked pretty comfortable and traveled nicely through the race to score by 1 length. That was his fibresand debut and it looks as if the surface suited him down to the ground. His profile last season over turf was promising as well finishing placed on every outing so overall looks a decent horse at this level and one who should progress on fibresand. Is only 3lbs higher today for that last win and looks to have strong claims.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 6.35 Windsor Honor Bound ew 10/1 bet365 Gets a handicap Mark after this but I think it's capable of winning today. Btn 3.5L lto back in Oct , a bit unlucky in running and this longer trip will suit. Half sister to Elidor ( won two weeks ago off 92) placed from 9F to 12f , winner at 12f , and half sister to Treasure Beach , winner at 7F to 12F , two time group winner. So has a decent pedigree over these longer trips , Beckett is 2/5 in 3yo maidens from 8-12f and although 2nd string on bookings , looks to see out trip better Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 4.55 Naas War Envoy 8/15 Paddy Power BOG War Envoy who is entered in all the big races will win this for O'Brien. His horses are getting there but a win and a second from his two 2yos out so far is good. After winning today this one will step up to pattern company before going to Ascot. If he doesn't O'Brien is in serious trouble with the rest of his horses. 1 Point win for nap purposes War Envoy 8/15 Paddy Power bOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 655 Naas: Maarek 3/1 Ladbrokes Maarek has won this Listed race for the last two years and should be spot on for this after his run at Cork three weeks ago. He was only 7th that day but the horse behind him has come out and won a decent race since shows how much a racecourse spin can bring these sprinters on. He has 10st as he did last year so thats not a problem in this company and his main rival looks to be the 3yo Guerre from the O'Brien yard. He has been lightly raced and was an odds on failure last time so could be anything, he receives lumps of weight but its still a tough ask for a horse with little experience.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 1735 windsor 1pt win dougal 4/6 betvic yet another colt from zebedee makes his debut today,and im hoping hes just as fast as his dad,and with trainer hannon selecting this race and meeting for his first run may have some significance,this yard won this last year,and for as long as i can remember, the hannon yard always have a decent amount of winners at the windsor monday night meetings throughout the summer,richard hughes takes the ride

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 2.40 Kempton - SPECULATIVE BID Lots of flat action today, but not too much of note so I'm turning to the 3 year old maiden at 2.40 over at Kempton. David Elsworth's Speculative Bid has only had 3 runs to date, but I think he's very well placed to break his duck today. His initial maiden looks hot on the face of it, with Royal Lodge winner Berkshire running third. The race is backed up by a good speed figure, although a couple of the runners in that have since disappointed. That said, it looks an above average maiden. His 2nd maiden, however, looks particularly strong. The first 4 home ahead of Speculative Bid that day are now rated 105,111,78 (still unexposed) and 92. Looking back in the field, Speedfriend (4th in the Middle Park) and Musical Comedy (Nursery winner off 86) both finished in behind. Again, the speed figure was strong.  I was slightly disappointed by his seasonal debut behind Provident Spirit, but that was a hot maiden and the chances are he wasn't fully fit. I expect him to come on a lot for that run, and I really do believe his form gives him a very strong shout at taking this. I'm not a fan of the favourite Heisman, although certainly note Noseda's Nigels Destiny as a danger (and perhaps a very small forecast play). 1 pt win @14/1 Paddy Power Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April Sou 8.15 - Dynastic - win at 9/2 bog wm hill Staying handicap over 16f I'm interested in a couple of these stepping up in trip rather than the ones with form at around this distance Dynastic and Royal Marskell are unexposed as stayers and wouldn't need much improvement to beat the others Royal Marskell is still a maiden but has had a few close finishes which suggests his mark is OK. He usually runs in better races than this and drops in class. I think he has a good chance tonight but he steps up a lot in distance so there's a doubt to start with. I also don't like the fact that he's usually reported as being one paced over every trip he runs at. Dynastic is a bit more stoutly bred and is only stepping up 2 furlongs having finished 3rd here last time, just behind Marina ballerina who reopposes tonight. I think he'll finish in front of that one with the extra trip. He's by Dynaformer who has a massive win rate on fibresand and has won a better race than this over 12 furlongs last backend.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 7:35 Windsor Micras - The queen likes a winner in her backyard with a 24% win rate there. 5/21. Dam has won over distance and Micras will certainly come on for her 1st run back in October finishing 5/13 on soft going. Yard been knocking on the door recently with not many winners 3/26. But looking at RPR Micras should be thereabouts. 1pt win 9/2 bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April 7.05 Windsor - Santo Thomas E/W 33/1 Bet365 This horse hasn't run on the flat for 1765 days and that was in France. It's flat form isn't too good so a mark of 82 might be a bit high but he has been running fairly well, without winning, over hurdles. He should definitely handle the ground today as he has won on soft and has places on heavy ground. Richard Hughes is an interesting booking for the ride and even though the mark looks stiff I think he's worth a punt and he might get a place at decent odds.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th April

6.35 Windsor Honor Bound ew 10/1 bet365 Gets a handicap Mark after this but I think it's capable of winning today. Btn 3.5L lto back in Oct , a bit unlucky in running and this longer trip will suit. Half sister to Elidor ( won two weeks ago off 92) placed from 9F to 12f , winner at 12f , and half sister to Treasure Beach , winner at 7F to 12F , two time group winner. So has a decent pedigree over these longer trips , Beckett is 2/5 in 3yo maidens from 8-12f and although 2nd string on bookings , looks to see out trip better Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Cracking call !