** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April

14.20 Epsom: Jakey @ 9/1 >Bet365 Really interesting and competitive Handicap here tomorrow at Ascot. I do really like the chance of Jakey, for many reasons. I was extremely impressed with his seasonal reappearance as a 4 year old at Kempton three weeks ago. The race was run at a crawl which didn't quite suit him, he was sweating quite heavily before the off already and he was keen like a bull throughout the whole race, still tanking turning for home! He then looked for a short moment a bit in trouble when the front-runner increased the pace suddenly, but he quickly found his stride, and produced a lovely turn of foot to win with authority. He looks physically improved now as a 4yo and looks like a horse with loads of potential. He was mightily impressive when he won a maiden at Epsom last year over 10f, so he clearly is fine on the course, and I have no doubts about the trip whatsoever. Slight worry is the ground though, I would imagine he is better on good ground, but on pedigree at least, the soft going shouldn't be too much of an issue. We certainly find out tomorrow. I think this horse is ten pounds plus better than the current mark and I expect a huge performance, from this lightly raced gelding, if he can produce his best on this kind of ground.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April 1450 epsom 1pt win hartnell 5/2 betfred marc johnson saddles up 2 for this derby trial,and i will go for the one who holds an derby entry,although if stars of the sea does win this trial he will get a place,but im hopeful hartnell can win this, he has won 3 races and placed 3 times in 7 races,including an easy win at newmarket last november ,7 days later he had a placed 3rd in france,this is his seasonal debut,but the johnson horses seem to be in form at the moment,and i would expect a big run tomorrow

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April Epsom 4:35 - Mime Dance (9/1 Bet365) 1pt Win Has one win and a second (beaten a head) from 3 course runs. Looks the type to continue to progress at 3 years old and should be winning races off this sort of mark. Yard continue in decent form and are well able to get one ready first time out. No problem with a bit of give underfoot and looks to have a lot in his favour, looks a tough race but I think he can go very close here.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April Catterick 2:00 When the ground is good to firm here at Catterick the draw bias is not as pronounced as when it is run on heavy ground according to the stats. Cadeaux Pearl is coming out of Stall 13 tomorrow and although he disappointed over course and distance out of Stall 14 last time out, ironically the winner came from Stall 13 that day on heavy ground. This horse has been tumbling down the weights for a long time now, his last success came in 2012 and he is well poised to strike off a mark of 56. He won comfortably here in 2011 off a mark of 82 so he is now running off a mark 26 pounds lower tomorrow and the horse is still only a 6 year old so it is not like he is old. The Scott Dixon yard have his some good form the last couple of days, he had a winner today at Wolverhampton in Biscuiteer and he had an 8/1 winner at Redcar yesterday too. He has had 4 winners from his 19 runners here at Catterick also so I think the 14/1 on this horse looks very big with a very capable 7 pound claimer making the weight even less. Cadeaux Pearl WIN @ 14/1 Bet Victor

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April 2.30 Catt Al Furat win 14/1 bet365 Returns from a lay off but has ran well fresh in the past , beaten last year by only 1.5L to finish 4th at Newcastle and beaten same distance in 2012 at Doncaster , other fresh run was a well beaten run on all weather but well beaten other run on surface so won't dwell on that Ron Barr made a good start to the season with 2 wins and a place from his 4 turf runners and teams up with Dave Allan today for trainers only runner at meeting , he's only been on board once and rode it to a 2nd place. Selection 9lbs below last winning Mark so could be nicely handicapped to run a good race Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April Cadeaux Pearl is a non-runner. Catterick 2:00 I was torn between two horses at the prices last night and now that Cadeaux Pearl is a non runner I think Chocamoca is overpriced at around the 14/1 mark. He finished 2nd over course and distance from a similar draw off a mark of 62 back in August and runs off a two pound lower mark here today. He won here at Catterick over 6f back in June 2012 and has also finished second here five times so he enjoys this place. It all depends if the horse is ready or if he will need the run but the Midgley stable is in good nick. Chocamoca WIN @ 14/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April 315 Perth: Oscar Rock 7/4 bet365 A favourite of mine Oscar Rock comes back after a break and a disappointing first effort over this trip at Haydock last time. It was heavy ground that day and this track and going will suit much better and i expect him to show what connections have thought he was capable of all season. Its a decent prize and the Hobbs runner is respected who is rated two pounds higher but i just think we haven't seen the best of Oscar Rock yet. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April Epsom 3.25 - Tres Coronas (1pts win, 10/1 Coral) Tres Coronas was in cracking form between April to September of 2013 putting in a number of top class efforts included in those runs was a third in the Derby here at Epsom where he was very unlucky in my opinion throughout and could have won if not for the less then straight forward ride around. The other clear stand outs efforts are two thirds at York and Newmarket in the John Smith's Cup and Lincolnshire and then ran well enough in the Lincoln when 8th of 17 eventually 5 lengths off the winner and was never nearer then at the finish. The ground will be fine and he has two good efforts here from three runs so looks a decent chance.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April 2.10 Perth Another Mattie 9/4 Paddy Power BOG Another Mattie was beaten 0.75l in a maiden hurdle at this fixture last year and has run consistently well this season in handicaps without winning. He has improved since last year and the trip and ground should suit. On paper I feel he should start favourite but in any event, I think he will win! 1 Point win for nap purposes Another Mattie 9/4 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April

Epsom 3.25 - Tres Coronas (1pts win, 10/1 Coral) Tres Coronas was in cracking form between April to September of 2013 putting in a number of top class efforts included in those runs was a third in the Derby here at Epsom where he was very unlucky in my opinion throughout and could have won if not for the less then straight forward ride around. The other clear stand outs efforts are two thirds at York and Newmarket in the John Smith's Cup and Lincolnshire and then ran well enough in the Lincoln when 8th of 17 eventually 5 lengths off the winner and was never nearer then at the finish. The ground will be fine and he has two good efforts here from three runs so looks a decent chance.
Meant Derby meeting not in the actual Derby!

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April 1.30 Catterick - Baltic Spirit win @ 11/2 Williamhill This looks like a very competitive race with Baltic Spirit, Britain, Gulland Rock and Under approval all at the head of the market on similar odds. However I feel the horse to side with is Baltic Spirit. The key piece of form for this race is a Musselbrugh nursery from September. 3 of these ran in this including Gulland Rock and Baltic Spirit. Baltic spirit only lost by a neck and is 1lb better off at the weights and if she shows that she has improved over the winter then she should be able to overturn the result. Princess Myla also ran in the race and finished 4th but she has had a string of 4ths and has never really looked like winning. Britain looks to have a good chance especially after its latest place but that was in a seller and she will have to do a lot more to repeat the good run. Under Approval has been in good form but it has all come on the artificial surfaces and he hasn't really shown much on turf. The only really problem for Baltic Spirit is the fact that she has been off the course for more than 200 days but the trainer has a decent record with horses coming back from breaks and had a winner last night with a horse coming off of a 168 day break so there is every chance that this one is fit and ready to go.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April 230 Catterick - CAVALIERI I liked her runs as a 3 year old where she ran suggesting she would appreciate the step up in trip (backed up by her breeding). She still managed to run figures of 77-71-79, however, suggesting she is well in off 67 today. Didn't get home on her seasonal debut over 1m 4f on soft, but will come on for that and encounters better ground today. 1pt win at 10/1 B365 BOG Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April

230 Catterick - CAVALIERI I liked her runs as a 3 year old where she ran suggesting she would appreciate the step up in trip (backed up by her breeding). She still managed to run figures of 77-71-79, however, suggesting she is well in off 67 today. Didn't get home on her seasonal debut over 1m 4f on soft, but will come on for that and encounters better ground today. 1pt win at 10/1 B365 BOG Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum
Brilliant stuff Stew! :clap

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April 3.25 Epsom - Charles Camoin 1pt win @ 8/1 Bet365 Really like this horses chance in this. He is a CD winner on his only start at the track and has now returned to his last winning mark of 90. He handles any ground and made a very encouraging reappearance in the Spring Cup at Newbury. He should come on for the run and I am hopeful he can go well.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April Sou 6.15 - Queen Olivia - win at 11/8 bog betvictor Finished 1 length 2nd over CD last time out and looks to have a good opportunity to win tonight That race was against the boys and drops into Mares only company now and runs before a 5lb rise takes effect so is officially well in on OR Market rival looks to want a longer trip