** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th

Aidymac

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th

Jesus dude' date=' you must be kidding? :\[/quote'] 3 sets all - 2 legs up, Phil Taylor, misses a heap of doubles and then averages about 60 for the next 2 following legs and loses the set. 4-3 Anderson, hands all the momentum to him, commentators kiss his arse, talk about his mental fortitude, not mentioning crap about how Phil threw it away. Then 6-6, double 16 for 1-1 and he chokes it. 3 darts, 3 misses. No, I am not joking you!

3 sets all - 2 legs up' date=' Phil Taylor, misses a heap of doubles and then averages about 60 for the next 2 following legs and loses the set. 4-3 Anderson, hands all the momentum to him, commentators kiss his arse, talk about his mental fortitude, not mentioning crap about how Phil threw it away. Then 6-6, double 16 for 1-1 and he chokes it. 3 darts, 3 misses. No, I am not joking you![/quote'] What about when he was 2-0 down in a set and hit like 115 average for the set to win it 3-2. If he lost that he would of been 5-3 down and out. Is that not mental fortitude then?

What about when he was 2-0 down in a set and hit like 115 average for the set to win it 3-2. If he lost that he would of been 5-3 down and out. Is that not mental fortitude then?
In simple terms. Taylor did not capitalise on Anderson's mental imposion. I knew Anderson would implode at some point and he did. What I didn't expect was Taylor not to CAPITALISE. Double 12 for the set and he chokes. The truth is, the older you get, the more you think about stuff. Taylor is thinking too much on these doubles and as a consequence, CHOKING.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Anderson is vastly over-rated by many. Pundits and fans, merely because he is a really likeable person. Both Gerwin and Taylor choked crucial doubles that swung the momentum in their matches. To me Anderson was handed this title. It's a joke the level of bias there is in the commentary btw.

In simple terms. Taylor did not capitalise on Anderson's mental imposion. I knew Anderson would implode at some point and he did. What I didn't expect was Taylor not CAPITALISE. Double 12 for the set and he chokes. The truth is, the older you get, the more you think about stuff. Taylor is thinking too much on these doubles and as a consequence, CHOKING.
I think we'll agree to disagree. It just sounds like you're angry he didn't win. I didn't even win my bet on the handicap yet I'm happy the better player won on the night and indeed in the tournament. This isn't the Anderson of a year ago when he was missing doubles left, right and center.

BallsforTennis' date=' I suggest you stick to the tennis mate cos you are talking some shite AGAIN. :lol[/quote'] You just wanna be diplomatic. Why can't you admit Taylor choked doubles at crunch moments? I'm not talking shit, in tennis it's the same thing. You win the crucial points, you win matches. Roddick won more points than Federer in the Wimbledon final a few years back, he lost the match in 5 sets though.

Anderson is vastly over-rated by many. Pundits and fans, merely because he is a really likeable person. Both Gerwin and Taylor choked crucial doubles that swung the momentum in their matches. To me Anderson was handed this title. It's a joke the level of bias there is in the commentary btw.
He just won a World Championships and he is over-rated. Keep the jokes coming, I am getting some laugh. :lol:lol Ohhhhhhhh Garyyyyy, Gary Gary Andersoooonnnn.. :nana:clap:beer:drums

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th You guys don't agree the older sports athletes get, the more they choke at crux moments? They think too much. I've seen it happen with Lleyton Hewitt, I've seen it happen with Roger Federer and I've just witnessed it happening with the greatest Darts player there has ever lived, Phil Taylor. I don't need to know and understand the technical elements of darts to be talking sense on this.

Anderson is vastly over-rated by many. Pundits and fans, merely because he is a really likeable person. Both Gerwin and Taylor choked crucial doubles that swung the momentum in their matches. To me Anderson was handed this title. It's a joke the level of bias there is in the commentary btw.
He won the players championship where he beat Taylor there too, and Aidy Lewis and now he has won this, beating Phil again aswell as Van Gerwin. I'm sorry but you cannot deny he deserves it.

You guys don't agree the older sports athletes get, the more they choke at crux moments? They think too much. I've seen it happen with Lleyton Hewitt, I've seen it happen with Roger Federer and I've just witnessed it happening with the greatest Darts player there has ever lived, Phil Taylor. I don't need to know and understand the technical elements of darts to be talking sense on this.
Gary is 44. He isn't no spring chicken but he just won?!? Aidy (29) outplayed Barney yet Barney won that match on superior doubling?

Gary is 44. He isn't no spring chicken but he just won?!? Aidy (29) outplayed Barney yet Barney won that match on superior doubling?
It's relative to the sport ofcourse. 44 in darts is around 28 in most other sports. You know this as well as I do mate. Darts is a fat man sport.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Anderson was handed this title by being the best player in the tournament, consistently averaging over a ton and being impeccable on his doubles? That is like saying Djokovic was lucky to win a grand slam by being the most consistent throughout the 2 weeks. If you want to compare darts to tennis I'd only be too happy to discuss, but to even suggest Anderson didn't deserve to win the title is ludacrious and in my opinion, not even up for debate.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Hate to be the one to bring the thread back to sanity, but super call on Anderson kev. Very brave to go against Taylor in a world final but payed off. Super tournament and delighted for Gary. Good lineup for the premier league as well. Glad to see Huybrechts given a chance!

Anderson was handed this title by being the best player in the tournament' date=' consistently averaging over a ton and being impeccable on his doubles? That is like saying Djokovic was lucky to win a grand slam by being the most consistent throughout the 2 weeks. If you want to compare darts to tennis I'd only be too happy to discuss, but to even suggest Anderson didn't deserve to win the title is ludacrious and in my opinion, not even up for debate.[/quote'] Completely agree Anderson fully deserved it.

I'm very tempted by bet365's 'no 180 in first leg of match' at 4/6. Taylor not been a fast starter, especially on the 180's and massive occasion for Anderson. 3 chances each at it max and I just don't see either popping one home in the very first leg. Any thoughts?
Anderson most 180's -4.5 Handicap - 10/11 SkyBet Sorry just a quick write up as im late... I have this final in for around 46 legs and on current tournament averages that would have Anderson in for 15.54 180's and Taylor only in for 8.74 so nearly a difference of 7. Think the line is set fairly wrong, even if Taylor starts running away with it (hopefully we dont see that happen, im on Anderson antepost!) we rarely see Gary drop his scoring. Additionally, in their recent meeting at Blackpool Anderson threw 5 more than Taylor over 32 legs and I expect to see more legs here so I think this line is way wrong!
Good shouts guys :ok
Hate to be the one to bring the thread back to sanity, but super call on Anderson kev. Very brave to go against Taylor in a world final but payed off. Super tournament and delighted for Gary. Good lineup for the premier league as well. Glad to see Huybrechts given a chance!
Cheers mate. Thought the dartboard was going to deny me at one point but nothing was getting the better of Anderson tonight! Thoroughly deserved champion. Would've been a travesty if his ability and career was never crowned with a world title.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th What a fantastic way to finish the darts with this cracker of a final. What the hell was happening to Anderson with all the 'bounce outs'? That 180 bounce out was ridiculous. Mardell in commentary was blaming the board but Taylor only had one bounce-out compared to Anderson who must have had 10+ That final ranks up with the very best in terms of nail-biting excitement. Missus hates darts but she enjoyed it. Must have been good :D Well done all the tipsters on here, great job.

What a fantastic way to finish the darts with this cracker of a final. What the hell was happening to Anderson with all the 'bounce outs'? That 180 bounce out was ridiculous. Mardell in commentary was blaming the board but Taylor only had one bounce-out compared to Anderson who must have had 10+ That final ranks up with the very best in terms of nail-biting excitement. Missus hates darts but she enjoyed it. Must have been good :D Well done all the tipsters on here, great job.
Exactly commentators were so annoyingly fucking bias. Seriously. I felt like it was Sky Sports fan zone on the red button. He was making every excuse in the book for Anderson and when Taylor started making 60s scores, because he was clearly sidetracked by the antics of Anderson, he didn't say anything. Taylor blew that set from 2 legs up and missed 3 double 12s and who the fuck is to say Anderson would have won that set had that 180 at the beginning stuck? Revoltingly bias and unprofessional commentary. Can't stand whoever it was, but is the reason every sports event should have an option to watch and listen without commentary.

Re: Ladbrokes World Championships > Ante-Post Betting

I'm on Gary Anderson at 10/1 Hills.Playing superbly and his recent narrow loss to Taylor in the World Matchplay semis shows he's approaching his best again.If his doubles can match his high scoring I think he has a great chance.Has won 5 ranking tournaments this season and also narrowly lost to MVG in the premier league semis after beating him in the league stage.
Great call Mal. Aidymac's odds from betfair before the start had him trading at 34's. Hill's looks mighty skinny in comparison. Great call all the same:clap

Exactly commentators were so annoyingly fucking bias. Seriously. I felt like it was Sky Sports fan zone on the red button. He was making every excuse in the book for Anderson and when Taylor started making 60s scores' date=' because he was clearly sidetracked by the antics of Anderson, he didn't say anything. Taylor blew that set from 2 legs up and missed 3 double 12s and who the fuck is to say Anderson would have won that set had that 180 at the beginning stuck? Revoltingly bias and unprofessional commentary. Can't stand whoever it was, but is the reason every sports event should have an option to watch and listen without commentary.[/quote']If you insist on using profanities in your posts, at least try and disguise them. Not everyone who reads these posts is living in a barrack room.

Exactly commentators were so annoyingly fucking bias. Seriously. I felt like it was Sky Sports fan zone on the red button. He was making every excuse in the book for Anderson and when Taylor started making 60s scores' date=' because he was clearly sidetracked by the antics of Anderson, he didn't say anything. Taylor blew that set from 2 legs up and missed 3 double 12s and who the fuck is to say Anderson would have won that set had that 180 at the beginning stuck? Revoltingly bias and unprofessional commentary. Can't stand whoever it was, but is the reason every sports event should have an option to watch and listen without commentary.[/quote'] The mute button might be the option you were looking for? Cracking tournament, some great tips throughout from all and a well deserved victory for Gary Anderson! Sent from my HTC One_M8 using PL Forum