** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th

Aidymac

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Very frustrating day yesterday. Alot of awful darts too and one brilliant match (Lewis match) 3pts M.Smith -1.5 to beat B.Dolan Evens SportingLife 2pts M.Smith (Win match / Most 180s / Highest checkout) 9/4 SkyBet I think Smith should win this with enough spare. Dolan is an okay player I suppose but he just doesn't score anywhere near enough to have a chance of winning this in my opinion. Smith will have his up and down moments to let Dolan back in, but on the whole Smith should prevail 4-1/4-2. I'll be taking the offer from SkyBet too as Smith should win, will definitely hit the most 180s and had the higher checkout in round 1 so just enough value there to take the 9/4. 1pt M.Hopp to win / Most 180s / Highest Checkout 7/1 SkyBet I have VDVoort to win the quarter so I don't want to put too much into this match but I do think Hopp has a good chance if he continues the high scoring. I think he will finish the better of the two so instead of taking the 13/8 on Hopp I'll take a very small 1 point on this bet. Hopp was 25/1 to win this bet in his first round and covered it. He hits 180s for fun, and has the potential to win the match so value call here. 2pts J.Caven to have most 180s (vs Barney) 5/2 BetVictor Caven was plain awful in round 1 for the large part and Barney apart from Set 1 was brilliant so I don't want to go for Caven here because both players are far too unpredictable. I do like the 180 market though. Barney despite his dominance only got 3 180s in round 1. Caven despite his lack of quality hit 4. Caven will need to hit the 180s to have any chance in this match for me so maybe the 5/2 on offer is more value.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th 2pts S.Bunting (Most 180s -1 handicap) Vs J.Wade Evens This is a real tough match to call. Bunting looked very good on his doubling in round 1 so if he can up his scoring I think he can actually win this on the -1.5 handicap but Wade is very hard to beat and very good in this competition. I think I'll take the evens on Bunting getting more 180s with just one handicap. It could be close but Bunting if he is going to have a chance will need these 180s. 2pts T.Jenkins to beat M. Van Gerwin 7/2 Bet365 I just think Terry was so good in the last round that if he performs to that performance he will win here simple as that. Van Gerwen really hasn't impressed and although, yes he can up his game here if he doesn't Terry can win. I just really hope Terry doesn't freeze here. I'm really hoping he gives Van Gerwen his full A game.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th 2pts R.Thornton -2.5 to beat Van Der Pas 11/8 SkyBet 1pt R.Thornton to win 4-1 3/1 SkyBet Abit late but I was waiting to see if a market was available on SkyBet. It isn't. I'm going to go for Thornton on the handicap instead. Yes, Thornton has played some right old crap but he hasn't even dropped a set yet and I've been reasonably impressed with him so far. Van Der Pas has exceeded where he was expecting to be surely and he has beaten players who are decent but out of form so for me Thornton to win 4-1.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th 4pts P.Wright -2.5 to beat A.Hamilton 11/8 Boylesport Hamilton has looked rubbish so far in the first couple of rounds here. I don't know how he has progressed. Well I do... because the other player has just choked more against him. Wright is far too experienced for that. He comes into this match with the far better form and with a couple of back-2-back wins 6-2 and 6-3 against Andy. Hammer works hard, so I can't see a whitewash here but Id be surprised if Andy can get more than 1 set. 4-2 at a scrape. 2pts G.Anderson to beat C.Reyes 4-0 13/8 PaddyPower It all has to come to an end, in the end. Doesn't it? The few that have got through when they really were expected to go have all now gone and fairly easily. I see this one being a whitewash. Gary has far too much scoring power for Reyes and although Reyes can also score big, it's not enough for him to be at a double at the same time as Anderson, every time. -2.5 would be a more solid bet as Gary can give away a few legs but I'll take the 13/8 on the whitewash 2pts D.Winstanley -1.5 to beat Van Der Voort 7/4 Boylesport Barmy eh? I just see Winstanley bizarrely as the more solid player right now. Last three matches were all this year. 6-5 VDV. 6-5 Winstanley. 10-8 VDV so with it being THAT close h-2-h suggests we should go on form and Winstanley for me is looking better on the doubles. Van der Voort hasn't been truly tested yet and I can see him buckling here. 4-2 looks a good shout, perhaps 4-3 but value, value, value. If you want a more solid bet, go for the >5.5 sets.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th SkyBet are driving me mad. I'm loving there "treble result" bets right now and I wanted Thornton to win,180,check out which came in, but it wasn't on offer. Seems like they only offering it when they think its a cert for the favourite now. I'll try to post earlier. I'll post the evening session tomorrow as I like the look of Lewis right now in this tournament. He could destroy Barney right now.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Tuesday afternoon previews: 3pts P.Wright (-2.5 sets) to beat A.Hamilton 11/8 Boylesports Unless Hamilton suddenly finds his best game I expect Wright to win this. The question is how easily. Both opponents Hamilton has had have led him at some point and they were a lot weaker than Wright so you’ve got to fancy Wright to get the upper hand early in this match and if he does his strength on the finishing and all round consistency should see him pull away and some through with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-hamilton-betting-peter-wright-can-ease-into-the-quarter-finals 4pts G.Anderson Over 6.5 180s 5/6 Bet365 Cristo Reyes has done brilliantly well to get this far in the tournament but his run ends here. That is no detriment to him but he won’t outscore Anderson to get the chances he needs in this match. Anderson ploughed in 14 180s in the last round and I fancy a fair few more here as he has become the 180 scorer he was in his BDO days once again. With that in mind seven more should come his way here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-reyes-betting-gary-anderson-can-plough-in-a-raft-of-180s-to-see-off-reyes 4pts D.Winstanley Most 180s vs V.van der Voort 10/11 Boylesports Van der Voort has a good record in terms of winning matches against Dean Winstanley but the Englishman has outscored him on 180s in both of their long distance TV matches even though he has lost them both. He won 9-7 on 180s on this stage back in 2012 and 9-6 back in Minehead last month even though Van der Voort won the match and whichever way this one ends Winstanley looks a fair bet to have the most 180s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-van-der-voort-betting-dean-winstanley-can-pop-in-the-most-180s

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Tuesday evening previews: 4pts A.Lewis vs R.Barneveld - Over 14.5 180s Evs Spreadex I can’t wait for this match and I really hope they both perform like we know they can. If they do we’re looking at an absolute classic and one which should contain a lot of heavy scoring. This could well be a match where if you’re not clicking out in 15 darts you’re not going out at all and they are always great games to watch. Both men have caned the 60 in this tournament and that gives me belief in over 14.5 180s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-barneveld-betting-tuesday-night-s-opener-should-be-full-of-180s 4pts K.Huybrechts Most 180s vs P.Taylor Evs William Hill You would expect Taylor to win this although if Huybrechts has the performance that saw off MVG in the Grand Slam with him it could be interesting but one area Huybrechts does have the edge is in the 180 hitting. He was thrashed in that Players Championship Finals final against Taylor but he did win the 180s battle 6-4 and we’ve seen him hit the red bit a fair amount recently. Even money on him hitting the most 180s here is a little too big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-huybrechts-betting-kim-huybrechts-looks-good-value-to-hit-the-most-180s 5pts S.Bunting vs M.Smith - Over 14.5 180s 5/6 Skybet This should be a real cracker. They both throw pretty quickly and they both pound the 60 bed and so we should see lots of high scoring, a few crucial missed doubles and a pretty lengthy match in terms of sets to round off 2014. When we look back on this one there won’t be much between them but one column that will be loaded on the stats sheet is the 180s. These two hit them for fun and a 14.5 line isn’t anywhere near high enough. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bunting-vs-smith-betting-st-helens-duo-can-smash-in-the-180s

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th 4pts P.Wright to win match, Most 180s, Highest check-out 11/4 SkyBet I will be taking this bet again here. Hamilton has the more 180s so far out of the two but he has played 11 sets compared to Wrights 8 and even then there is only two 180s in it. Wright has had a 144 check-out best and a 47.83 average out-shot where as Hamilton has a highest out of 116 and a 44 average out-shot. Them stats and the fact I fancy a Wright win points in the direction of a nice price.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th taylor v huybrechts over 5.5 sets 11/8, just this one for me today folks, this is going to be an interesting match up, taylor is looking more like the old taylor in recent months and whoever beats him will have areal chance of being crowned champion, Huybrechts ran him, pretty close at the PC, and the bonus is that we will get to see his rather attractive better half so hopefully a long game will result in more shots of her! But back to business, Taylor usually on if he wins the toss give his opponent the throw in the first set, meaning huybrechts will have a good chance to take the first set, we know taylor often loses the first set and is a slow starter, that means we would only need one more set from huybrechts for this to come in , and to be honest i cnat see kim doing worse than taking two sets, look it would be no surprise to me to see him beat taylor, he can out score taylor on the 180s it all depends how taylors cover shots are, just a quick note to anyone backing the dutch bottler against Lewis, if he he goes behind then he is finished Lewis will clamber all over his lack of fight,

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th

Winstanley is definitely not more solid' date=' Vort is a much more natural scorer.[/quote'] Easy in hindsight mate. Always depends what VDV turns up. Same with Winstanley. I tipped VDV to win the quarter so I'm well aware of how good he CAN be. Phil up next though.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th I am suprised neither of you guys are on Smith, Fader or Kev.... from what I've seen this tournament, when he is focused, he is up there with the elite of them and he did knock Phil out last year. I think Bunting finished great last match against Wade, but really, is he a good/high enough scorer? Why should he be 2.5 dog?

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th I wont go too mad this evening. Anything could happen in 2 of the 3 matches. 2pts A.Lewis to win/180s/highest checkout 5/2 SkyBet Really difficult game to predict. I see Lewis coming through but this could be 4-1 or 4-3 either way. I don't see Barney running away with it. Lewis win and highest check-out Id expect... the 180s? difficult but now it's gone up to 5/2 I'll take this. 2pts S.Bunting to win/180s/highest checkout 4/1 SkyBet Another match that really could go either way but for me it's the consistency that points me to Bunting. Smith is a very heavy scorer and his 180s worry me with this bet but he is like a child sometimes and is more worried about how his poncy hair is than the darts. Them first two sets in the last round were shocking and in the end we were lucky to win the handicap. If he gives that to Bunting it could soon be end of game. I think Bunting here 4-2. Handicap is tempting again I must say but like the wade game I'll just take this bet. Win/Checkout I'm feeling. 180s is the gamble for 4s.

I am suprised neither of you guys are on Smith, Fader or Kev.... from what I've seen this tournament, when he is focused, he is up there with the elite of them and he did knock Phil out last year. I think Bunting finished great last match against Wade, but really, is he a good/high enough scorer? Why should he be 2.5 dog?
It's just them first two sets in last round. He looked like a little kid not getting his own way. Bunting has his poor spells too, but he always seems more consistent with the doubles for me. Bunting highest checkout is a good bet at just under evens. He is killing though big shots right now. I just hate betting/tipping anything under evens :P

I am suprised neither of you guys are on Smith, Fader or Kev.... from what I've seen this tournament, when he is focused, he is up there with the elite of them and he did knock Phil out last year. I think Bunting finished great last match against Wade, but really, is he a good/high enough scorer? Why should he be 2.5 dog?
Smith is value for sure. Can't spend value though which is why I'm on the 180s. Bunting is one of the top 5 scorers in the game. FWIW I fancy Smith to win tonight but I fancy a gazillion 180s a lot more :ok

So you have taken Bunting, on the psychological bases of both players Fader? Pretend Smith was a little more constantly focused, mentally, who would you go for then? (Just interested)
Yeah, for me I think Bunting will have the edge upstairs. If Smith could play like set 3 onwards I'd be all over that price.

Bunting is a very heavy scorer, his issues normally come on the double. Not many get to a double before him, you have to fancy Bunting to win this one on current form. Smith made hard work of a very average player in Dolan and he tends to go into a tantrum if things aren't going his way.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th I wouldn't read too much into Smith's performances so far. Just like his mentor/manager it is well known he struggles more against slower players. Bunting is quicker than he is so he'll get into a good rhythm and we should see his best performance so far tonight. Bunting is a world champion and proven on any stage, Smith leads the H2H 2-0 so it should be a cracker. Hopefully with tons of 180s ;).

anyone get the chance then try to listen to the interview wade gave after his beating' date=' absoulute disgrace by a player that believes his own hype[/quote'] I heard he was saying Bunting isn't in his league and for him to lose to him shows he had taken 20 steps back or something? I think he was just embarrassed he got completely owned. I'm sick of hearing same "I thought I was going to win this year" nonsense too. He will never win it!