** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th

Aidymac

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th That's just such an absolute bloody joke!!!!!!!!! How the hell can you lose playing that well? The way he went down 3-0, after doing absolutely nothing wrong. Bunting doesn't look like a champion, just looks like a loser down a pub. I swear that hurt, I never had ONE OPPORTUNITY TO CASH OUT. Smith was definitely the right bet, that was incredible value and a pure 50/50 match. Odds should have been 1.9/1.9. Smith blew hot and is world class. I think Bunting was just ridiculously, UNFAIRLY almost, clinical. Good call Fader. Good call Kev with the 180s and thanks for the advice on Smith (No sarcasm) it was the right pick, I think Smith was unlucky to be honest. 3-0 was just too much, bunting is an annoying looking goof mind you.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th

That's just such an absolute bloody joke!!!!!!!!! How the hell can you lose playing that well? The way he went down 3-0, after doing absolutely nothing wrong. Bunting doesn't look like a champion, just looks like a loser down a pub. I swear that hurt, I never had ONE OPPORTUNITY TO CASH OUT. Smith was definitely the right bet, that was incredible value and a pure 50/50 match. Odds should have been 1.9/1.9. Smith blew hot and is world class. I think Bunting was just ridiculously, UNFAIRLY almost, clinical. Good call Fader. Good call Kev with the 180s and thanks for the advice on Smith (No sarcasm) it was the right pick, I think Smith was unlucky to be honest. 3-0 was just too much, bunting is an annoying looking goof mind you.
A loser down the pub is highly unjust and sour grapes mate, Bunting played very solid and took his doubles very well. Smith showed some true class after he went down 3-0, but the bird had flown, Bunting was exceptional in the first 3 sets.

That's just such an absolute bloody joke!!!!!!!!! How the hell can you lose playing that well? The way he went down 3-0, after doing absolutely nothing wrong. Bunting doesn't look like a champion, just looks like a loser down a pub. I swear that hurt, I never had ONE OPPORTUNITY TO CASH OUT. Smith was definitely the right bet, that was incredible value and a pure 50/50 match. Odds should have been 1.9/1.9. Smith blew hot and is world class. I think Bunting was just ridiculously, UNFAIRLY almost, clinical. Good call Fader. Good call Kev with the 180s and thanks for the advice on Smith (No sarcasm) it was the right pick, I think Smith was unlucky to be honest. 3-0 was just too much, bunting is an annoying looking goof mind you.
The fuck you talking about? "looks like a loser" Whats that even mean? Bunting, impressive again and has opened up as a 4/7 favourite against Barney. I think he'll win but that price is not good enough.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 1 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]van Gerwen, M v Thornton, R (19:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wright, P v Anderson, G (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.51[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 2 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Taylor, P v van der Voort, V (19:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.08[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bunting, S v van Barneveld, R (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th right after spending half hour typing my tips i got logged out so i will post one and return when ive calmed down! ANDERSON V WRIGHT OVER 7.5 SETS EVENS, for me this should be the closest game of the round, andesrons avging 98 for the tournament, wright 99.3 it may seem strange to see Wright with the higher stat, but this is mainly down to Andersons first round game against kircner, Gary was threatening to hit the opponent rather than the board that night with the slow pace, and this wont have gone unnoticed by snakebite, ss for that anomoly alone i'll give Anderson the scoring honours , the finsihing stat is very different Anderson a lowly 38% for the three rounds , Wright fares far better, 48.6% the stat for him that for me levels things out then so where does that leave us, well in my opinion with cert of a bet i expect at least 8 sets but probabaly 9, is likely, one break of throw is the most we should expect, im right on this,

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Peter Wright +1.5 Sets v Gary Anderson @ 5/4 Coral I think this is a brilliant price myself, and I was tempted to take Wright straight win until I saw this handicap bet. He made extremely light work of Andy Hamilton, beating him 4-0, and confidence is high. He averaged just over 102 in the match and if he averages that again, he will run Anderson all the way. Anderson has tended to get off to a slow start in his matches so far, going 2-0 down to Jelle Klaasen and also lost the opening set to Reyes. Although you would slightly fancy Anderson to beat Wright, there isn't a lot in it for me and Wright should be able to get off to a good start hopefully and cover the handicap at least. Stephen Bunting -1.5 Sets v Raymond van Barneveld @ Evens Sportingbet Credit to Barney for getting past Lewis, but the best player lost on the night I felt. Lewis outplayed Barney for the entirety of the game really but he just kept missing important doubles at crucial times which let the dutchman back into the match. There is no way Barney wins this match unless he improves. I think Bunting is a heavy scorer, he should be getting to the double before Barney most of the time and he was impressive against Wade and Michael Smith. He should win this one with a bit to spare.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Thursday previews: 4pts R.Thornton (+2.5 sets) to beat M.van Gerwen 11/8 Paddy Power This should be a great way to start the quarter finals. All bar one of their six previous TV meetings have ended close so this should be a lot closer than the odds suggest. I’ve a feeling Thornton might produce one of his better performances here as there is less expectation on him and if he does van Gerwen won’t have it all his own way. Thornton can score with the defending champion which will keep him under pressure which can often lead to van Gerwen missing a few doubles which the Scot can then take advantage of. He can win three sets if not all five here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-thornton-betting-robert-thornton-can-push-van-gerwen-close-on-tv-again 4pts P.Wright vs G.Anderson - Over 7.5 sets 11/10 Coral I’m not sure Wright will be that man but I do think he is solid enough and protecting his throw well enough to make this go all the way, or close to it. Anderson is scoring brilliantly but he does give opponents chances now and then and Wright is scoring steadily enough to protect his throw enough to take a few sets here. Both look on top form so I am expecting at least eight sets if not more here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-anderson-betting-all-scottish-battle-can-be-very-tight

One thing Bunting does need to change is his walk-on music. You look like Peter Griffin. We get it. That's not something to base your walk-on music on however. You want a good sing-a-long song that gets the crowd going and on your side. (The same can be applied to Andy Smith and Mark Walsh who also have nonsense walk-on songs.)
It will be Sky that changed it. He used to walk out to Kasabian (I think - certainly a different song) but he is 100% shoo in for the Premier League so he'll get the Sky marketing treatment through that. I guess the new walk on song and link to Peter Griffin is all to do with that.

anyone get the chance then try to listen to the interview wade gave after his beating' date=' absoulute disgrace by a player that believes his own hype[/quote'] Yes then just after the interview Wade himself posted on Twitter Saying sorry for the interview with the hashtag sourgrapes .Christ give the guy a break when they get a mic stuffed in their faces right after they have lost what do you expect,they are winners after all hence they don't like losing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Friday QF previews: 4pts P.Taylor vs V.van der Voort - Over 6.5 sets 6/5 Ladbrokes It would be a real surprise if Taylor doesn’t win this match but I’ll be just as surprised if van der Voort doesn’t keep him honest and be competitive. Van der Voort has been in some decent form in the second half of 2014 and that has continued here. He has enough in his game to hold his throw enough to land a couple of sets if not more so over 6.5 sets appeals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-van-der-voort-betting-friday-s-opener-can-be-more-competitive-than-odds-suggest 4pts S.Bunting vs R.Barneveld - Over 7.5 sets 10/11 Bet365 This is a really interesting match. Barneveld is an experienced player at this stage of big tournaments and he may need all that experience to come through against an opponent who is on top of his game right now. Bunting is going to outscore Barneveld but Barneveld held his throw well enough against Lewis to show he can be competitive here and if Bunting does feel the pressure on his own throw the Dutchman can take advantage. However it pans out at the end I think the sheer nature of the stage of the tournament will ensure this is a close battle. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bunting-vs-barneveld-betting-last-of-the-quarter-finals-can-go-close

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th He has no natural talent. It's clear and evident, he has gotten to this point through great work ethic. Essentially, he is the Daveed Ferrer of the darting world. Plays the percentages and does the basics well. Only thing is, when his game is ever so marginally off base, he's abysmal. He does everything marginally above average, just like Ferrer, but lacks that something special that can get him the W's against the big players. Just like Ferrer, relies on mental toughness and being ridiculously clutch. Truth is, Anderson's only flaw is he chokes doubles and Wright doesn't have the natural scoring prowess to encourage Anderson into choking those doubles. Like said, Wright is slightly above average in every department, if just one area to his game isn't to that slightly above standard, he isn't good enough to play at this level. I think Fader and Kev would agree with me on this.

So..... I guess we're watching the 2015 World Champion in action' date=' Michael Van Gerwen. I had him at the start of the tournament but cashed out when I was short of money a week ago. Anything above evens after this match will need to be taken on him though.[/quote'] I wouldn't even take above evens on him beating Anderson let alone Anderson and then Taylor/A.N.Other. Hard to disagree with much of that in all fairness. His record vs MVG, Taylor, Bunting, Barneveld etc is very poor and it probably isn't a co-incidence.

As both a tennis and a darts fan I see your analysis as a huge insult to David Ferrer. I'm not sure about your specific Peter Wright analysis but to compare David Ferrer to him is ludicrous.
Sorry you've taken that as an insult to Ferrer mate. I've played and coached this sport and have a long concrete background in it (Tennis) , I think I have some ground to speak. I could ofcourse be wrong on Wright however. I watched Wright on youtube yesterday, playing Gerwin in the final, he was a lot better, but still never had a really good consistent scoring rhythm going.

I wouldn't even take above evens on him beating Anderson let alone Anderson and then Taylor/A.N.Other. Hard to disagree with much of that in all fairness. His record vs MVG, Taylor, Bunting, Barneveld etc is very poor and it probably isn't a co-incidence.
Cheers :thumbs:

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th 2.5pts Van Der Voort +3.5 legs to beat P.Taylor 11/10 Paddypower I worry abit about Van Der Voorts record Vs Taylor and that he could really choke this and lose 5-0 but with his recent form you'd fancy him to get 2 sets here. Taylor far from spectacular by his own standards but doing the job on each opponent and I think he knew he was in the final once he won the last match based on his reactions. He really has the beating of Van Der Voort and Barney on the big stage but the price here is a nice one offered for Van Der Voort to offer some resistance. 4pts Van Barneveld to beat S.Bunting 6/4 Bet365 2pts Van Barneveld -1.5 to beat S.Bunting 13/5 Bwin I like Bunting and I've tipped him in a few rounds but I still am not sure he has truly been tested. Wade was really poor and although Smith got a good average on the whole I just feel Smith loses matches with his mental attitude. Barney wouldn't of beat Jackpot on another day. He was outplayed in my opinion and he still stuck around and ground out a win. Jackpot missed far too many D20 in that match and Barney was hitting the doubles very well I thought. These two played in April and Barney won 6-4. I see a similar kind of score here and I'm quite surprised that Bunting is a favourite.

David Ferrer was consistently the 5th best player in the world for a number of years' date=' at a time when the top 4 in the world were four of the all-time greats. Ferrer cannot be spoken highly enough of and to compare him to Peter Wright is ludicrous.[/quote'] Philosophical comparison, which you did not get. I was looking at it from a bigger picture. Ferrer isn't that talented, you find it ridiculous? Oh well.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Van Gerwin to beat Gary Anderson (-1.5 sets handicap) @1.8 with Bet365 - 5pts Gary Anderson can match Gerwin in the scoring department, but for me he quite simply isn't CONSTANT enough throughout the actual duration of a match to take the match to a deciding set. Ger Win has moments of brilliance/magic where he is checking out of legs on ridiculous figures, something Anderson isn't capable of. Those moments of magic will break the spirit of Anderson and he will throw in far toomany 60s at inopportune times.