** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th

Aidymac

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th I was right about Bunting, he just doesn't give me the vibe of a champion. He doesn't act like a champion, he doesn't look like a champion and he overall just doesn't give you the feeling he is. Looks like a loser and was right to back Barney. :) He was hot against Smith, but on the big stage, the lack of experience and inherent depth of character means he freezes. He won't deliver today.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th

I was right about Bunting, he just doesn't give me the vibe of a champion. He doesn't act like a champion, he doesn't look like a champion and he overall just doesn't give you the feeling he is. Looks like a loser and was right to back Barney. :) He was hot against Smith, but on the big stage, the lack of experience and inherent depth of character means he freezes. He won't deliver today.
You clearly weren't right about Bunting because you had Smith backed. Will you give it a bloody rest with the petty insulting posts.. "Looks like a loser", grow up.

You clearly weren't right about Bunting because you had Smith backed. Will you give it a bloody rest with the petty insulting posts.. "Looks like a loser", grow up.
Some people just don't look like champions. They don't have that champions spirit. You are taking the 'loser' comment in the wrong context. Think with some intelligence. I went with Smith due to it being 50/50 and priced inadequately.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Barney has a champions spirit inside of him. That something special, that something magical, delivered just at the CRUX moment. Bunting may be a great consistent scorer, but he doesn';t have that same sort of magic. Barney stole that match against Lewis with that 170 finish. Remember? That's a CHAMPION.

Barney has a champions spirit inside of him. That something special, that something magical, delivered just at the CRUX moment. Bunting may be a great consistent scorer, but he doesn';t have that same sort of magic. Barney stole that match against Lewis with that 170 finish. Remember? That's a CHAMPION.
Bunting is a World Champion.

At a lower grade event' date=' where the magnitude of the occasion isn't as great![/quote'] Doesn't matter, look how good a player Gary Anderson is and he couldn't win the BDO no matter how hard he tried. This is Bunting's first year in the PDC, he has had a tremendous year, now into the Top 20 in the world and he is still only 29 which is young for a darts player. Barney was full of praise for him and said he deserves to be in the Premier League, give the lad a break, we all have our opinions on players but there is no need to insult players on a constant basis and here we pride ourselves on mature reasoning and conversation, which helps us all when trying to have a bet. So chill out.

Doesn't matter, look how good a player Gary Anderson is and he couldn't win the BDO no matter how hard he tried. This is Bunting's first year in the PDC, he has had a tremendous year, now into the Top 20 in the world and he is still only 29 which is young for a darts player. Barney was full of praise for him and said he deserves to be in the Premier League, give the lad a break, we all have our opinions on players but there is no need to insult players on a constant basis and here we pride ourselves on mature reasoning and conversation, which helps us all when trying to have a bet. So chill out.
Like I said, you mistook my 'loser' comment. I was trying to make a point. May be his 'image' is deceiving me, but I had a strong suspicion he would not play anywhere near as well against Barney as he did against Smith. I was right. Gary Anderson doesn't have the character, I can already sense it. It's just like in tennis, it's not howmany aces or winners you hit/make, it's WHEN you hit/make them. That's the difference, the crux, ultimate difference. ;) That's why Van Der Vort lost to Phil Taylor, even though he out scored him in 180s. Some players' play well when it least matters. Gary Anderson is one of those. Some players play well when it only matters, Ramond Barneveld is one of those. :) Bunting's first PDC, so I will cut him some slack, but I did have a strong feeling he just played the absolute match of his life against Smith and wouldn't/couldn't replicate it.

Like I said, you mistook my 'loser' comment. I was trying to make a point. May be his 'image' is deceiving me, but I had a strong suspicion he would not play anywhere near as well against Barney as he did against Smith. I was right. Gary Anderson doesn't have the character, I can already sense it. It's just like in tennis, it's not howmany aces or winners you hit/make, it's WHEN you hit/make them. That's the difference, the crux, ultimate difference. ;) That's why Van Der Vort lost to Phil Taylor, even though he out scored him in 180s. Some players' play well when it least matters. Gary Anderson is one of those. Some players play well when it only matters, Ramond Barneveld is one of those. :) Bunting's first PDC, so I will cut him some slack, but I did have a strong feeling he just played the absolute match of his life against Smith and wouldn't/couldn't replicate it.
This is nonsense. Nearly everybody outscores taylor in 180s because he goes to 19s more than virtually anybody else Bunting was excellent tonight, I saw it, Barneveld saw it, you are letting stubborness towards your opinions cloud your judgement (I cant stand Bunting for what its worth) Anderson is a quality player and has a legitimate chance of winning this title the way he has played this year too you dont win a premier league or finish runner up in the PDC worlds if you are a mug

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 3 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] van Gerwen, M v Anderson, G (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.56 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.76 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v van Barneveld, R (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Semi final previews: 5pts G.Anderson Over 12.5 180s 4/5 Betfred There isn’t a lot to choose between these two and I get the feeling that Anderson quite fancies the job here. It has been a while since I’ve heard him be so confident in an interview as he was after his win in the quarter final. If he is to win this match he is going to have to plough in the 180s and that is exactly what I expect him to do here. He smashed in 12 180s in seven sets in that match between the two last year when he wasn’t scoring like he is now. I expect many more from him here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-anderson-betting-gary-anderson-can-fire-in-plenty-of-180s-in-semi-final 4pts R.Barneveld (+2.5 sets) to beat P.Taylor 11/10 Spreadex There was a time I used to think Barneveld was a beaten man before he got on the stage against Taylor but their last four serious TV meetings have seen three draws and a Barneveld win so perhaps that isn’t the case anymore. When the two met in this stage two years ago Barneveld was beaten before he got going but still gave Taylor the fright of his life. If he starts from the beginning of the match here he could well take out the 16 time champion but at odds against safety can be played with the 2.5 set start. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-barneveld-betting-raymond-barneveld-looks-in-the-frame-of-mind-to-run-taylor-close

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Not sure I agree on either front with regard to Anderson and Bunting. You say Anderson plays well when it least matters, not sure you win the players championship, beating Lewis and Taylor on the way as well as winning the Premier League if that's the case. Or for that matter when he was almost down and out against Klaasen. To stay in the biggest event in darts is when it matters the most and he managed to pull it out of the bag. On the Bunting front, reaching the semis in the Grand Prix and the quarters at ally pally and the grand slam is a pretty good return in his first year on the circuit. You can't say he isn't a champion because he is a world champion regardless of the brand and you can't win the BDO without having something about you. He's a must for the premier league and I think he has the potential to win majors even whilst the likes of Taylor and Barney are around.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th TAYLOR V BARNEVELD UNDER 8.5 SETS 11/10, well i m still waiting for the Barneveld capitulation as you all know, i usually refuse to bet on any thing which relys on a performance from him, but tonight is the night for the head shaking, towel throwing, dutchman to finally re appear, it may be a shade cruel to use those terms against the Dutchman, but he HAS shown those traits before on more than one occassion, he goes into this looking for another world title bid, but for me he has not shown he can still be a world champion, and indeed his attitude in some games isnt even good enough for the BDO, let alone a professional organisation, he came through against Lewis, when really the Dutchman should have been arrested for the way he stole that game, and against Bunting who perhaps found his first qf on the pro stage a tad overawing for him, But i have no doubt on this bet Taylor knows like we all do get in early hammer Barney in the first couple of sets and the head will go down and it will be a stroll to the line, you may argue that in barneys only PDC world title he came back twice once against Colin Lloyd, when he was 3 sets down, to win 4-3, and in that famous final when he was also 3-0 down to taylor then rattled off a comeback of lazarus proportions to beat taylor, and that arguement may well have been justified had barneveld been the same hungry, fighting, player that he was in 07, but this is a different player these days , with no stomach for a fight, despite his eye of the tiger intro music, ( surely a breech of the trades description act) i expect to see Taylor really start all guns blazing he IS better this year than last, and he DOES have the game to batter the Dutchman, and if any player has a weakness yuo can bet that Taylor will clamber all over it.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Excuses for anything incorrect with the post, etc - New to posting... Taylor under 8.5 180's - 11/10 SkyBet Taylor goes into this match a 1/4 (general) fav and although I wouldnt want to back him at that price, I dont fancy laying it either. Taylor leads the H2H by a long margin and although Taylor has improved since his "jittery" start to the season, he hasn't thrown his greatest darts in this years tournament. Im aware Taylor can play better than his current tournament stats suggest but he has only hit 15 maximums in 89 legs so far. He hit 6 against VDV in 34 legs and against Huybrechts he played 28 legs and hit just 4. I have this game in for around 36 legs which, if my calculations are correct (please correct me if im wrong), would have Taylor hit just under 6 180's based on his tournament average. SkyBet go 11/10 on under 8.5 180's and I cant really see why, all other bookmakers are odds on (with the exception of PP who go EVS) and I think the 11/10 with SkyBet must be taken. Best of luck all!

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Anderson VS MVG 7pts Anderson average over 100.5 (paddypower) Anderson has covered this line in 3 of his 4 matches. The one which he didn't was the first round against the qualifier which he missed almost 30attempts at a double. Been scoring very heavily since and also prior to that game. Another reason why I like this is that he won't get a chance to go for many doubles on MVG's throws and this will have a positive effect on his average. Taylor Vs Barney 3pts Barney average over 97.5 (paddypower) Barney seems to be alot more relaxed in himself this week and is scoring pretty well. Also much like my view on the last match is that I don't see him getting too many opportunities to throw for doubles on Phils throw.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th van Gerwen highest average @ 4/6 BetVictor Van Gerwen's scoring is ridiculous at times, and he will need to be on the top of his game to beat an in-form Gary Anderson. I believe he will win the match, and in order to do so he will need to outscore Anderson who has scored highly throughout this tournament

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Afternoon guys! Taylor 1/4, Barny 7/2... I would be leaning toward Barney as being a bit of value at that price, he looked very composed last night. I think he has a "I have nothing to lose" attitude after his lucky win against Lewis. I thought he was brilliant against Bunting. You would still expect Taylor to edge it, but Phil has not been anywhere near his best and has had an easy passage to the semi's, even though he has made hard work of it, the draw has been kind. A small play on Barney @ 7/2 with Betway for me, Barney +2.5 Sets is a nice 5/4 with Paddy Power and Over 8.5 sets @ 4/5 with Bet365 looks a good play. Good luck.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th First time posting in the darts forum but I am a massive fan and wanted to share some value selections I have made for tonights games. Prices taken from Betfair. MVG v Anderson Highest checkout under 130.5 3/1 (only and MVG 170 higher than this between the two in the tournament) Anderson most 180's Evens (more in the tournament) Anderson +1.5 to win match evens Anderson to win outright 13/8 Taylor v RVB Under 14.5 180's in whole game 11/4 (Taylor hitting 3.5 per game, Barney 7) Taylor under 4.5 180's 5/1 (as above but at 5/1 worth a punt) Barney highest checkout 23/20 (Taylor not hit a three figure checkout yet, RVB highest C/O's for far 102, 104, 170, 125) Taylor under 110.5 highest c/o 3/1 (as above, hard to ignore price)

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Michael Van Gerwen vs Gary Anderson over 9.5 sets 5/4 paddy power over 25.5 180s 4/5 paddy power Van Gerwen over 12.5 180s 4/5 paddy power Anderson 12.5 180s 8/11 paddy power This is going to be an absolutely classic as these two are capable of scoring heavily in each leg I expect this to be over in less than a hour as these two play so quick and if dont see over 20 180s in the match I would shocked Phil Taylor vs Raymond van Barneveld Van Barneveld highest checkout 5/4 paddy power I think he may get the highest checkout as Taylor has not hit many over 100 plus checkouts where Van Barneveld has done it quite a few times in this tournament

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Final preview: 4pts G.Anderson to beat P.Taylor 13/10 Paddy Power I think we’re set for a brilliant final here and Taylor is set to be tested to the full and this time I’m not convinced he will be able to answer. Anderson is flowing not just with rhythm and scoring ability but with confidence and it is great to see because he is so good to watch when he believes in himself. I think he’ll lay it down to Taylor like nobody else has in this tournament and I’m not expecting Taylor to have the answers just as he didn’t in Minehead recently. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-taylor-betting-gary-anderson-can-enjoy-career-defining-night

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Hi folks im just going to give my take on the final, I had success last night with the set handicap, however I see nothing to tempt me tonight, although skybet used to do an inplay next 180 market and if that's on tonight then get on Anderson. Scoring wise Anderson is more than capable of worrying Taylor, and also last night was a stupifying display of finishing to finish with a percentage of 50 after so many legs is up there with the best ever, I have never seen Anderson looking so assured on the outer ring. Taylor last night showed some weakness in the second and third sets against Barney when the Dutchman ripped him a new arsehole, so if Gary is on top form Taylor can expect the same treatment, will he wilt under the onslaught? I think this will be a tight affair, however there for me is a distinct advantage for Taylor, the format of set play suits Taylor better than Anderson, under leg play the bursts that we see from Anderson, mvg, Lewis, where they can reel off 4or5 legs on the spin, is far more demoralizing for opponents, where in the leg play format it can put players out of sight, whereas in set play a run of legs is not so advantageous, and can often just put a layer only one set ahead, Let's hope it's a great game and Anderson can finally win the big one.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th 4pts G.Anderson -1.5 to beat P.Taylor 2/1 Bwin 1pt G.Anderson to win 7-5 8/1 SkyBet I think the scoring power should see Anderson though here. He will have some nervy points but if he continues scoring as he has done it should let him get to a double with maybe some spare to get the job done. Gary beat Taylor 10-6 in the Players Championship which will really help his confidence here knowing that he has done before and recently. Gary can beat anyone right now and Taylor hasn't lit up the stage. Anderson for me with a few sets to spare.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Taylor -1.5 sets handicap versus Anderson @2.00 with Bet365 Yeah, scoring rhythm, 180s and all that stuff, but he hasn't got the bottle to win over the duration of a first to 7 contest and Taylor should beat him comfortably. Never won the title before and it will prove too much for him to handle here, the anxiety and pressure to make that break through.

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Phil Taylor vs Gary Anderson 9 dart finish 7/1 paddy power Taylor to win 7-4 7/1 paddy power Taylor - Highest 3 dart average 4/7 paddy power The two best players have reached the final and it should be a classic I think these two are capable of getting a 9 dart finish and I think Taylor will get the highest 3 dart average as he is so consistent

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th I'm very tempted by bet365's 'no 180 in first leg of match' at 4/6. Taylor not been a fast starter, especially on the 180's and massive occasion for Anderson. 3 chances each at it max and I just don't see either popping one home in the very first leg. Any thoughts?

Re: William Hill World Championships > December 18th - January 4th Anderson most 180's -4.5 Handicap - 10/11 SkyBet Sorry just a quick write up as im late... I have this final in for around 46 legs and on current tournament averages that would have Anderson in for 15.54 180's and Taylor only in for 8.74 so nearly a difference of 7. Think the line is set fairly wrong, even if Taylor starts running away with it (hopefully we dont see that happen, im on Anderson antepost!) we rarely see Gary drop his scoring. Additionally, in their recent meeting at Blackpool Anderson threw 5 more than Taylor over 32 legs and I expect to see more legs here so I think this line is way wrong!

Taylor chokes, hard. The commentator's are disgusting, the level of bias, is unreal. Taylor choked from 2 up and now one away, foolish.
Most will want Anderson to win because everyone loves someone who has never won it before. Gary is such a likeable bloke by what I've seen of interviews and such that I really hope he wins. He deserves it and he has been really unlucky too. Fingers crossed