** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Wednesday 5th March

7.00 Kempton - Alnoomaas 1pt @ 10/1 Bet365 I was interested in Alnoomaas last time out when midfield in a 7f handicap here but think he looks an even better proposition back over 6f tomorrow. His C&D record reads 1-1-1-2 with the most recent 2nd off a mark of 74. Therefore running from a mark of 65 and from a better draw than last time out he looks a very solid bet at around 10/1 in my opinion. He also drops in grade to a class 6 race (albeit a strong one) so considering he has been performing with credit of late in marginally better company I expect a big run. Also worth noting he was very well backed in his penultimate run so I can see him cashing in off this mark before long. He can blow his chances by pulling hard and doesn't look the easiest of rides but if anyone is going to get a decent tune out of him Luke Morris will. Blinkers applied for the first time hopefully that will help him settle better too.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March Kempton 6:30 The ex Sir Michael Stoute trained Persepolis looks too big a price here in my opinion at around the 22/1 mark, now trained by Brett Johnson. This horse went off a 1/5 favourite in a maiden at Sandown last summer and bolted up by 12 lengths so he clearly has plenty of ability. He ran very well at Lingfield in December when he was 3rd to Karam Albaari over this trip, only beaten over a head. The trip of 1m4f was too far for the horse last time out, stepping back to 1m2f and now dropped 4 pounds in the weights back to the same weight as his Lingfield run he has to have a solid chance. He has a decent draw in Stall 6 so fingers crossed for a big run. Persepolis WIN @ 22/1 Bet Victor

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March 10 Runs with no wins but we all know luck can change at any given moment, owned by Fairford racing so should have a few loyal fans, the 5yr old gelding has run three times at today's ''course'' - Turf, but his best effort was a 4th on the Tracks AW and at big odds, that was over the mile and connections try him over the 7f with a good horseman getting the leg up for the first time. 2:30 Lingfield Pk - Nifty Kier. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 7/1 Bet365 ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March Lingfield 4.00 - Steel River 5/1 Bet365 BOG This horse bolted up on his AW debut back in 2012 but has only run two more times on the surface since. His most recent run looked quite promising as he was nabbed close home over this trip at Kempton 5 weeks ago. The form of that race has worked out quite nicely and his prominant/aggressive racing style will be ideally suited to Lingfield's tight circuit. The trainer is in form, the jockey is 1 from 2 on the AW in the last 2 years and he has a 20% s/r at the track. He tops my ratings and he should go close with the promise of more to come.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March 1515 catterick 1pt win morning with ivan i put this filly up last time when she duly obliged,she seems to have come on from her her 3 place starts, when she won at mussleburgh she was up with the pace and apart with a dodgy jump midway through the race, she always looked the winner, if she continues to improve and her jumping can get better she could well a race of this nature, downside is the trainer has poor record at this track, but im hopeful that can improve with the seection

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March 2.00 ling - Secret Millionaire win 7/2 bet365 Never placed at 6F+ so drop back to 5F will suit , penultimate run was over CD when 1.25 behind Roy's Legacy who wasn't beaten far next two outings off higher mark. Has a decent record over CD winning twice off 58 & 81 and placing off 62 and 64. As mentioned drops back to 5f and looks on a ok mark of 63 Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March Lingfield 4.30 - Steventon Star (1pts win, 9/1 Betfred) Has been running pretty consistently in his last handful of appearances and won two runs at Wolverhampton before following that up with a 4th of 6th finish at this track lto where he never really got into the race. Has a bit to do off this mark but I think 9/1 is too big in this field and worth a punt.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March 415 Catterick: Dark And Dangerous 11/4 Bet365/PP Another inspiring jumps card! I'm going to take a chance on Dark And Dangerous in a 5 runner chase that looks a match really between favourite Endeavor and the selection. Nothing wrong with Endeavor but did get left behind pretty easily at Musselburgh last time and might not get to grips with Dark And Dangerous if he can get into a nice rhythm out in front. Now the Brendan Powell yard cant buy a winner at the moment so its a risk but they have showed signs recently that the stable is on the way back. This horse was rated in the 120's not that long ago so gets in here off 105, its his first handicap over fences and in his novice days finished not that far behind Sire De Grugy and Cantlow one day. He goes off quick and this track suits that style of running, i think this is a god opportunity and if in the mood could win with a bit to spare?

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March 345 catterick Newdane dancer 1pt win @ 5/1 BOG will hill currently in form with a course win but has also won at distance (well 1f more). Should have the legs and pace to beat the rest. Pretty fast and one I followed early career so definelty peaked myinterest

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March 4.00 Lingfield – Steelriver 1pt win @ 6/1 Boylesports Going to ease my way back into this own thread lark with a small bet on the James Bethell trained Steelriver. This horse has had 11 career starts resulting in just 1 win, which came at Kempton on his second start. Since that win he has been very disappointing and has never troubled the judge apart from last time out. That was his first run over this trip of 10f and it was his first start back from a short break. Connections clearly thought he was ready to go as he was backed off the boards that day into 13/8 favourite and was only narrowly denied by Ocean Applause. He is up 2lbs for that effort, which is worry but he should come on for that run and I am hopeful the sharper finish at Lingfield will be more to his liking. This is a more competitive race but the trainer’s horses are in form and Graham Lee takes over from Jamie Spencer. Graham Lee has had 5 winners in the last couple of weeks operating at a 38% strike rate. James Bethell does very well with the few runners he sends to Lingfield with 2 winners from 10 runners.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March

7.00 Kempton - Alnoomaas 1pt @ 10/1 Bet365 I was interested in Alnoomaas last time out when midfield in a 7f handicap here but think he looks an even better proposition back over 6f tomorrow. His C&D record reads 1-1-1-2 with the most recent 2nd off a mark of 74. Therefore running from a mark of 65 and from a better draw than last time out he looks a very solid bet at around 10/1 in my opinion. He also drops in grade to a class 6 race (albeit a strong one) so considering he has been performing with credit of late in marginally better company I expect a big run. Also worth noting he was very well backed in his penultimate run so I can see him cashing in off this mark before long. He can blow his chances by pulling hard and doesn't look the easiest of rides but if anyone is going to get a decent tune out of him Luke Morris will. Blinkers applied for the first time hopefully that will help him settle better too.
Looks like there may have been a gamble or something on this - fav now, gone down to around 2/1!!

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March 4.30 Lingfield - Outbacker win @ 13/2 WilliamHill I think a lot of these have a good chance of winning this but I'll go with this horse on its first run in a handicap. It has been running well in maidens with a win and two seconds. It didn't look straightforward last time out after hanging left but it still managed to win by 2 and 3/4 lengths. The two seconds came over C&D so it runs fairly well here. For a first run though this looks fairly tough but if it can run to the level that it has been then it should have a good chance here.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March 7.00 Kemp - Indian Affair - EW at 9/1 bog PP has been in decent nick lately with 3 respectable runs over CD off this mark without winning Does suggest that the handicapper has got him in his grip But he might just do a little better tonight with a stall 1 draw and no obvious opposition for the lead Might just be able to save a little energy for the last half furlong and run on to the line (I was going to post this last night but I read Lodge's write up on Alnoomas and went and had a closer look at his form and thought, blimey !........that one is going to win, but I'd already missed the price even last night!........so I changed my mind and decided to give my selection a miss.......:lol). I've decided to go ahead with my original selection because the price has not shortened due to the plunge on Alnoomas Good luck with that one, Lodge !