Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th good analysis, but couldnt agree less with the actual picks. Valeinciennes is a dreadful away side against any sort of organised midfield. I cant think of any particualar reason why PSG should continue with poor performances when they outplay pretty much any team by a huge margin. Valenciennes shouldnt be the tough nut of the bunch, as they leak in goals. PSG do have quite an important match ahead mid-week, but its a play-off tie, which is still quite far away and I am very sure they will want to win hard before their CL tie. Valencienes seems just like the right customer to buy the fiver. My bet for this match is: PSG -2 @ 2.3 (bet365) 4/10 first half goals - over 1,5 @ 2.2 (bet365) 4/10 might go for some goalscorer in the ranks of Valencienes, especialy a set piece "expert" to counter a bit, but all in all I see absolutely no way that Valenciennes could get anything other than a proper beating at Parc des Princes...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th PSG v Valenciennes Looking at the stats regarding teams that win both halves at home. PSG are the 2nd best best in Europe doing this 7 times in their last 9 home league games The odds for PSG to win both halves are 2.3 on coral and well worth a 2 unit (standard punt) Regarding Rennes v Marseille Rennes have the lowest percentage of Odd match goals at home in Europe Of 12 home games 11 of them have finished with an even number of goals If the game finishes 0-0 you also win your bet ... you can get 1.91 for even number of match goals on coral

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th

Looking at the stats regarding teams that win both halves at home. PSG are the 2nd best best in Europe doing this 7 times in their last 9 home league games The odds for PSG to win both halves are 2.3 on coral and well worth a 2 unit (standard punt)
That actually looks like a reasonably good value bet Neil. Good luck all! I'm not really sure about this match. I think PSG will win it something like 2-0, they might be more focused on the CL midweek

That actually looks like a reasonably good value bet Neil. Good luck all! I'm not really sure about this match. I think PSG will win it something like 2-0' date=' they might be more focused on the CL midweek[/quote'] as we speak 1st goal goes in. was looking at HT/FT but the odds were very poor in the PSG game.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Sorry guys I failed.. Really expected Valenciennes to score a goal but PSG played pretty wel finally, atleast better than last weeks. Maybe I was a bit too optimistic but with Digne and Marquinhos in their starting 11 I thought there would be some space for defensive errors. Anyways nice call Neilovan! Be back tomorrow with a Lorient preview.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Reims v Bordeaux Reims: Agassa (23/0 first goalkeeper), Diego (0/0 f), M. Fofana (7/0 d), Bastien (0/0 g), Ouali (0/0 m), Pereira (0/0 m) Bordeaux: Bréchet (4/0 d), Rolan (8/0 f), Jussiê (15/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Orban (14/0 d) Rennes v Montpellier Rennes: Pajot (9/1 m), Boye (1/0 d), Konradsen (13/0 m), Kana-Biyik (16/1 d), Féret (14/0 m) Montpellier: Saihi (8/0 m), Bakar (13/1 f), Jebbour (10/0 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th OGC Nice vs FC Nantes tonight. Both teams not in their best form but Nice can always rely on their great home record. Nantes are really struggeling for results lately and especially for goals. Now they even will miss their topscorer Djordjevic for this game. Even with him on the pitch they lacked real firepower. He is suspended. Trebel and Vertout are also out, both regular midfielders especially Vertout. Upfront they will miss another striker in Aristeguieta. Now they only can rely on Gakpe or Bangoura as a forward who didn't play much. I can't see how Nantes will easily score against Nice even now the home side will miss 2 regular defenders. But the biggest blow for the away side must be their missing goalie Riou. He played all games so far so a new keeper will make his debut tonight. Let's see how that works out! Fullback Kolodziejczak is suspended while Pejcinovic is injured. Pejcinovic missed a lot of games this season so his absent is not as important as the first missing. Bodmer will probably play in the center now along with Puel Genevois and another fullback not sure who. Midfielder Digard is also injured but he already missed last game against Monaco. They have decent replacements in midfield. Winger Eysseric is finally fit and he may start which is a boost for their team. Traore also returns to the squad. Normally I would be very cautious backing Nice with these missings in defense but Nantes is so poor these days. They've only scored 2 goals in their last 5 games, and away from home it's even worse 1 goal in their last 5 away games. They always concede goals so I have no doubt a strong home team like Nice can score here. I think it will be a tight affair and Nice often won a home game with only 1-0. Nantes also does not concede many goals and their defense is intact for this game so we may see 0-0 for a long time but in the end I fancy Nice to edge this one. They played a midweek cup game against Monaco and did very well. Okay, they lost after 120 minutes but they played with 10 men for more than an hour. Some regulars were rested for Nice. Fatigue might play a part but 2 home games in one week is not as tough as it might seem. Nice won their last 4 home games after their loss against monaco. They've only conceded 1 goal in 4 games. These stats speak for themself, ofcourse they will miss 2 regulars today but like I said it will be hard for Nantes to open them up. They have a solid organisation and Nice often defend with a lot of players. Their midfield are hard working players. I expect the home side to dominate this fixture and one goal should be enough to secure the win here. I will definitely not back the overs in this game. Don't expect Nice to score 3 goals that easily! Group for Nice. Gardiens : Hassen, Ospina

Défenseurs

: Amavi, Bodmer, Genevois, Palun, Puel, Rougeaux Milieux : Abriel, Albert, Bruins, Brüls, Eysseric, Mendy, Pied, Traoré Attaquants : Bauthéac, Bosetti, Cvitanich, MaupayG Group Nantes. Gardiens : Dupé et Zelazny

Défenseurs

: Alhadhur, Cissokho, Djidji, Djilobodji, Veigneau, Vizcarrondo Milieux : Bedoya, Bessat, Deaux, Gomis, Nkoudou, Touré Attaquants : Audel, Bangoura, Gakpe, Shechter Both teams with missings but I think Nantes will be affected more in a negative way. Nice often played with Bodmer in the centre so they will only play with a new fullback tonight. Their midfield and attack has way more potential to score goals than Nantes so I'll give the edge to Nice at fine odds around 2.20! Medium stakes on the home win. Odds 2.15! Medium stakes Nice to score the first goal. Odds 1.80! Small stakes Nice to win to nil. Odds 2.95 1 point for the correct score 0-0 for some cover is both teams cancel eachother out. Odds 6.50! Goodluck all.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Bastia – Monaco In brief, I just see this being a really open contest. The pitch and weather in Corsica can often be poor this time of year but a nice day is forecast which will help the players perform. Bastia have a great home record and have only lost 1 game all season at the Furiani, but have looked dodgy recently. They somehow won at TFC on Tuesday night but this might not be the best of things for them. Bastia are known for really struggling during hectic periods, especially in the last game of a heavy run of fixtures. The last thing they want is having to face up to Monaco today who will severely test them. The visitors have to be respected and will be buoyed by their late-ish equaliser against PSG last week that keeps them in the title race. Neither team is renowned for being brilliant defensively and this should be an attack minded game. Both teams have playmakers and scorers capable of hitting the back of the net. I like backing the over 2.25 line, it looks to be pretty generous. Prediction: Bastia 1-2 Monaco Recommended bet: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.96 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Lorient – Toulouse Here is another match where I fancy the overs. Lorient matches are usually very high temp, high energy and contain a lot of chances. That’s especially the case at Le Stade Moustoir where nice entertaining football is regularly seen. Lorient just attack constantly in their 4-4-2 formation but also leave spaces at the back. They could have some defensive problems today with key man Bruno Ecuele Manga ruled out injured. Toulouse were awful in midweek but welcome back 3 suspended players for this one. Clement Chantome is banned for them but this might not be a loss because he was awful in that aforementioned Bastia match. If any team is to win here then I favour Lorient but Toulouse are often at their best when nobody fancies them. They are definitely capable of rebounding here and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them avoid defeat. Either way, I think this will be a match that contains plenty of goals and a 2.25 limne is really generous IMO. Prediction: Lorient 2-2 Toulouse Recommended bet: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.98 4/10

Hello ALL Anyone have some infos about Nice-Nantes , injuries , lineups...? I 've found an Over2.5 @2.45, i think is very high odds for two teams who like to play ...? Thanks
This game has unders written all over it Nantes are not scoring away from home going under 2.5 in 4 of 5 away games. They have failed to score in 4 of 5 away games Nice are 8/10 no to BTTS at home while Nantes are 6/6 no BTTS away so NO to BTTS seems better for me at odds of 1.73 bet365

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Well, certainly a match where Lorient can proof themself a great job by winning another home game. They are on a great run and played really well in their last game against monaco. Took another early lead like many times this season, too bad Monaco still equalised. But a draw against a top side like Monaco is a boost for their confidence. Lorient are ofcourse no world class stars but their home record is great. They've only lost against Marseille early in the season after that they recorded 4 wins and 3 draws. Draws against Monaco, Lyon and Reims. Wins over Sochaux, Nice, Guingamp and Rennes. What does this say about the strength of Lorient? Well, certainly one thing is clear, they always score goals at home and they rarely loose. I have no doubts they will avoid defeat tonight and since Toulouse was awfull in mid week and Lorient had a week off. They should be really fresh here and perform well tonight! My main bet will be Lorient to open up the score. Toulouse is still a tough nut to crack and they drew a lot of games. Away they often score a goal so I have my doubts if Lorient can keep a cleansheet here. They are very solid at the back 4 cleasheets in their last 6 home games but they often leave some space at the back because they attack with full force. Aboubakar and Aliadiere are very dangerous upfront, they create a lot of threat along with winger Monnet-paquet and Jouffre too. Barthelme winger and Audard regular goalie return to the squad which is a big plus for Lorient. No real missings except for regular defender Eguele Manga. They have a lot of decent replacements in defense but he will be missed. Kone will probably play as his replacement. I have no doubts Lorient will find the net tonight. Toulouse welcomes back 3 suspended regulars which ofcourse is good for their team after their heavy loss against Bastia in midweek. We didn't saw that one coming and Toulouse was extremely poor. They really lack sharpness upfront, their wingers are doing fine but in the centre it's everything but a real killer. Chantome [regular midfielder] recieved a red card so he's out. H2H is amazing between these two teams like I wrote earlier. 14 unders in their last 15 games with often a 1-0 scoreline. But it's different now. I realy think both teams will be on the score sheet tonight. Lorient holds a 5-5-1 record overall against Toulouse. I have 5 bets for this game. Lorient to score first medium stakes. Odds around 1.61! Lorient to score 2 or more goals. Medium stakes odds around 2.10! Lorient home win Medium stakes. Odds around 2.15! Both teams to score yes! Odds around 1.90 medium stakes. Aboubakar first goal scorer for a bonus bet. Odds around 5.00 small stakes! Goodluck all.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Nice – Nantes Difficult one here. Nice miss key defender Pejcinovic and also midfielder Didier Digard. LB Kolo is another absentee which won’t help matters. Nice could be vulnerable defensively and not as solid as normal, which kinda made me fancy the overs. But on the flip side Nantes have a few offensive players unavailable, including star striker Djordjevic. With Aristigueta and playmaker Veretout also out, perhaps they will aim to be more solid and take less risks. The over 2 line does tempt me but in the end I’ll refrain. I could see this fixture ending as a draw. Prediction: Nice 1-1 Nantes Reims – Bordeaux Tight one here. Reims haven’t been as good at home, they seem to prefer playing on the road this season. This is unusual compared to what they’ve been like in the past but it’s no coincidence now. This is exactly the type of game they have struggled in this season, when the bookies can’t separate either team. Bordeaux have struggled of late but had a 2 week period of rest and have key striker Diabate back from injury. I think this will be a boring low scoring draw or maybe Bordeaux could sneak a 1-0 win. Prediction: Reims 0-0 Bordeaux Sochaux – Guingamp I’m so undecided here and honestly don’t know what to predict. Sochaux did beat Nantes two weeks ago but they’ve regularly struggled in matches like this when people expect them to win. Sochaux are improved under Herve Renard but they are still a poor team at the core. Guingamp have been in decline of late but haven’t been playing too badly. Their results have deserved to be better, perhaps soon they will get a win they deserve. Prediction: Sochaux 1-1 Guingamp Rennes – Montpellier This is another really difficult match to predict and it could go either way. I sense that there’s a high chance of a draw, neither team will really want to lose. Montpellier have played much better since Rolland Courbis took over as manager, but this is a tough place to visit. You never really know which Rennes side will turn up, they are so inconsistent. But they do have a habit of performing well against better teams so perhaps they can cause MHSC some problems. Another no bet match for me but a draw seems likely IMO. Prediction: Rennes 1-1 Montpellier

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Ofcourse lorient recieved a red card in the 24th minute. 8th red card against one of my teams in 2 weeks so sick.. Hope they still sneak a win though but aweful for my bets.. They still managed to score first, thank god! Great start hope they can hang on now :D

This game has unders written all over it Nantes are not scoring away from home going under 2.5 in 4 of 5 away games. They have failed to score in 4 of 5 away games Nice are 8/10 no to BTTS at home while Nantes are 6/6 no BTTS away so NO to BTTS seems better for me at odds of 1.73 bet365
Add this to the PSG win both halves valenciennes Rennes v Montpellier even goals and it's a solid 3 of 3 winners Rennes are now 12 of 13 home games finishing even goals

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Well, the red card was too much for Lorient. Not surprisingly 70 minutes with 10 men but a shame for my bets today. :( Indeed 2 out of 4 so only a small loss overall but unlucky really. 11 against 11 Lorient was probably worth a second goal. Nice ended 0-0. Really expected a tight game like this but had hopes for a small win for the home side like many times this season. Also a small loss here! Not my weekend unfortunately.

Well, the red card was too much for Lorient. Not surprisingly 70 minutes with 10 men but a shame for my bets today. :( Indeed 2 out of 4 so only a small loss overall but unlucky really. 11 against 11 Lorient was probably worth a second goal. Nice ended 0-0. Really expected a tight game like this but had hopes for a small win for the home side like many times this season. Also a small loss here! Not my weekend unfortunately.
The rad card turned the game really, it was always going to be difficult for Lorient in the 2nd half. I was pleased to hit the overs in that game. Half loss for me in the Bastia match to deliver a slight +2 profit on the day.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th Lyon – Ajaccio I’m not betting on this match but my gut feeling is that Lyon will cover the handicap. They are usually pretty good in these early fixtures and should be able to put away Ajaccio. However, the islanders have shown an upturn of form recently and tend to perform alright away from home against big teams. They could park the bus and make life difficult for OL. The -1.5 line doesn’t really offer much value so I’ll swerve it. Prediction: Lyon 2-0 Ajaccio Evian – Lille Team news is reasonably favourable for both. Evian have new RB Kassim Abdallah injured for 5 weeks whilst Lille still miss their own fullback Franck Beria to a shoulder problem. Lille are a pretty short price here and there’s no way they deserve such strong favoritism. They are probably the most overrated team in Ligue 1 and recent results have shown their true level. LOSC have only won 1 of their last 6 games, and that came at home to lowly Sochaux last week. They couldn’t even beat Ligue 2 side Caen on Tuesday night, needing penalties to make it through to the next round of the Coupe de France. Lille are a solid side but nothing special, nowhere near as good as public perception is of them. Lille have a reputation of being defensively very solid. But since their clean sheet run ended in early December, they’ve actually conceded goals in 6 of their last 7 games. This shows that they are definitely penetrable and a reason why I like backing the overs today. Evian matches are typically quite open, its their natural way to attack. They won’t just sit back and play for a draw here, they’ll actually ‘go for it’ and target 3 points. Evian have a habit of raising their level against better teams and I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if they won today. This is a difficult place for any side to come and the way Lille are playing right now I don’t fancy them to pick up 3 points. I like backing the overs on a 2.0 line, the chances of this bet losing aren’t too high. Every single one of Evian’s home matches this season have actually contained at least 2 goals. Taking the hosts +0.5 seems like a good option to me too. Prediction: Evian 2-1 Lille Recommended bets: Evian +0.5 @ 1.83 4/10 & Over 2 goals @ 1.86 4/10 St Etienne – Marseille St Etienne have key defender Francois Clerc missing for this game which is a blow. Marseille also have a player missing from defence because Rod Fanni is suspended. This is all set up to be an interesting & exciting match between a couple of sides harbouring top 3 aspirations. If Lille have slipped up in the earlier match then the stakes will be even higher. I’m not sure who is going to win here tonight. As far as I’m concerned all 3 results are easily possible, its just a question of who plays better. So in terms of result betting I will leave this match well alone, but I do fancy a nibble of the overs. St Etienne have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 8 games which is obviously a fantastic return. But a lot of those have come facing some pretty poor attacks, this will be a much tougher test. You can say what you like about Marseille under the management of Jose Anigo, but one thing you can’t say is that they’re boring. Anigo likes to attack and OM have scored numerous goals since he took over. They have been involved in a lot of high scoring matches recently and I could see this match ending up as a shootout as well. St Etienne might not want that, but they’ll be sucked into a high tempo, energetic and hopefully high scoring game. Over 2.25 is my call for this one. Prediction: St Etienne 2-2 Marseille Recommended bet: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.95 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th I like the Lyon v Ajaccio game Ajaccio are really struggling to score away from home. They have just 3 1st half goals scored , and 5 total away goals in 11 away games. Lyon have conceded just 2 1st half goals at home all season. They have won 5 of their last 8 1st half home matches. Lyon are under 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 8 home games. 2 bets I like are Lyon to win to NIL 2.05 on betvictor and under 2.5 goals which is priced at 2 on 32red A NOTE : if you are going for over 2.5 goals in this game Over 2.5 goals is 1.8 (bet365) Lyon prob need to score 3 for this to go over . It makes more sense to take Lyon over 2.5 team goals because they will need three for this bet to win. Lyon team goals over 2.5 is priced at 2.6 at williamhill .

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > February 11th - 16th I usually wait for the match to end before making any comments, but I have to say this before I go for lunch. I wagered on Lyon to win (after reading Meatman's prediction) and at least three goals to be scored (because I'm a greedy idiot). This time I got lucky with Ajaccio scoring late in the game and I hope the score will stay like this, or Lyon puts another one past the Mexican goalkeeper. Anyway, I was reading Neilovan's tip 10 minutes ago and I found it impossible to disagree with anything you've written. Spot on prediction regarding the totals, Lyon had all the chances but the game was heading towards a 2-0 win. Keep up the good work, I look forward for your insights, next weekend.

I usually wait for the match to end before making any comments' date=' but I have to say this before I go for lunch. I wagered on Lyon to win (after reading Meatman's prediction) and at least three goals to be scored (because I'm a greedy idiot). This time I got lucky with Ajaccio scoring late in the game and I hope the score will stay like this, or Lyon puts another one past the Mexican goalkeeper. Anyway, I was reading Neilovan's tip 10 minutes ago and I found it impossible to disagree with anything you've written. Spot on prediction regarding the totals, Lyon had all the chances but the game was heading towards a 2-0 win. Keep up the good work, I look forward for your insights, next weekend.[/quote'] It looked nailed on to end 2-0. Lyon weren't going to be bothered about scoring more and were content to pass it around etc. But then Ajaccio scored one against the run of play and it just totally opened up the game again, forcing Lyon to play attacking once more.