Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Manchester United (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th True, almost everyone will jump as soon as possible on chelsea here and the odds will drop but when did the market opened at 1.9 for chelsea at home against utd? Come on.. Utd are playing terrible football but so is chelsea. Hazard is saving them every week and the odds for the home win are way too low if you ask me. They are both heavily depending on a great goal to be scored to open up the game. Both sides are not convincing at all at the moment. But still, the team with mourinho as their head coach has a huge advantage because he rarely looses big games that's for sure. Moyes is going to a dramatic period with utd and his only 2 hopes for survival are struggeling constantly with injuries. With rooney and van persie in good form I would never ever back chelsea to win but if they both miss out I cant see united pull a win here. Especially if they concede early they are doomed. Chelsea under Mourinho is playing effective ugly football as always and they wont give much space away. I clearly dont have any idea whos gonna save utd here without their 2 big stars. So we will have to wait but then the odds will drop heavily if they both miss out. At first sight odds seem fair utd in really bad shape although they still managed 4 away wins lately in the league but not against top teams. Hard one to call without team news and I will not be surprised if Rooney and/or Van persie suddenly show up on match day. This is an ancient trick of coaches but will have a large impact on this game. I think the best decision we can make is grab a couple beers, popcorn and enjoy a likely 1-0 or a 0-0 draw. :-)

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th I don't think Rooney or RVP can make that sort of impact on the first match back. It usually takes up to 3 matches to fully recover form and sharpness. Chelsea meanwhile know how to win at home, 9-1-0 F 22 A 8, Don't have injury concerns - infact Mourinho has the depth to set up a few different ways where he can bring in Essien, Mata, Eto, Schurrle. They are in a bit of winning form but the biggest thing for me is the managers. I really hope that Mourinho plays with Moyes like a toy in the media. I have the feeling that Moyes is a nervous wreck whereas Mourinho can potentially destroy his fragile mentality with a couple of well engineered words. Mourinho has won Champions League Finals, Classicos etc etc, he will know exactly how to prepare his boys for this encounter and will know exactly what to say to the press. Mourinho is a wolf and is full of "game". Moyes has no game and is ready to take any bait Mourinho may throw out. Gone are the days of that Mafia Don Ferguson who could play games with the best and could manipulate all factors around him. I might sound silly but in the big games with big atmosphere these aspects are important. Chelsea players don't live under a rock. They have been seeing all the weaknesses of United and I don't think they'll take much pity on them. For example United would kill just to have one of Oscar, Hazard, Mata or Willian. Instead they have Cleverly :(. Torres hustled and fought like a soldier for every ball vs Hull last week playing as a lone striker. He was rewarded in the end with a nice goal after beating a defender with a burst of pace. Might be one to look out for here.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th As bad as United have been this season, I am just not sure what to expect from them in this game. They have gone into most games this season as the dominant force. They were expected to make the running, expected to boss the game and deliver the result. Case in point is losing in the FA Cup. They went down to 10 men and still tried to push the game. Most teams would have played defensively to hold on for a replay. To a degree they have achieved this in their Champions league games, but obviously not in the league. The 4-5-1 has worked well for them in the Champions league and they will no doubt adopt this strategy against Chelsea. Liverpool , Arsenal and City will all win this weekend , so Chelsea will need to come out firing. No 0-0 no striker formation here. The pressure here is squarely on Chelsea as well. They may be winning games but they are letting in goals. They have just 1 clean sheet in 7 home games. Crystal Palace, Saints, WBA, Cardiff and Villa all managed a goal. Man U are as good or better than these teams away from home. So you would expect a goal from United. I really like the over 2.5 goals in this game, put it through software which loves it as well. Happy to take this over 2.5 for 4 units at odds of 2 on bet365 / betvictor

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th if i still could get chelsea @ 1.9... i would go for it, but now it`s around @ 1.75 and all of a sudden not that appealing to me to risk it. does ever man u have been @ 5 in last 2 decades :D if trend continues might be @ 6 as well :D yes, i believe , chelsea are in better position and place right now, and maurinho haven`t lost at bridge, for how long now? i was secretly waiting that day might come sooner or later... man u away form is somewhere top 3 ( i don`t know for sure, but i think so), they are better this season for counter strikes and tight defense under moyes, then cracking teams up, without rooney and rvp. man u was the team to end arsenals away game streak and beat bayern under pressure 5 : 0 ... so all in all, ain`t gonna go to seek winner here, as price vs probability isn`t that great. i`ll see how my saturday bets will go, and will play `in play this game... but i`ll be looking more at different markets : most goals : second half @ 2 ... man u will be sitting mainly at a back and hitting on a break, and i don`t see chelsea early adding extra man to go all out either... first half might finish 0 - 0, or even if there is a goal, it won`t trigger haul either, both teams will leave for last half an hour... man of the match: hazard @ 6 ... he has been receiving maurinho`s blessing of late, as well as been doing well, and tv pundits in neutral situation might fancy him as well as he does plenty of dribbling and looking dangerous to create chances .. in a draw, where is only 0 - 0 or 1 - 1 that might work here, as well as if chelsea win, i believe he will play a part in it. chelsea to come from behind and win @ 10 ... as chelsea are more likely winners here, to get a nasty first half surprise or bit of shaky start isn`t out of question @ 10 man u is more then capable to score first... no bets yet for me, will do before game....just some ideas.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th Please click on the teams in blue for a full array of stats. This shares with you a great website that you should all be using before placing bets. I thought I would post it as I'm not sure how many of you use it . Source : OPTA Stats and whoscored Chelsea v Manchester United · Manchester United have failed to score in their last three games against Chelsea in all competitions. · Juan Mata has scored in each of his last three Premier League starts against Manchester United. · Robin van Persie has scored more goals at Stamford Bridge than any other visiting player in Barclays Premier League history (6). · Javier Hernandez has scored in six of his last nine appearances in all competitions against Chelsea. · There have been five penalties awarded in the last four meetings between these two sides at Stamford Bridge. · Wayne Rooney has scored four goals in his last four matches at Stamford Bridge in all competitions. · Danny Welbeck has scored six goals in his last six Premier League appearances. · There have been 21 goals scored in the last four matches between Chelsea and Manchester United at Stamford Bridge. · David Moyes has never won away from home to one of the Premier League's traditional big four - Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal (P47 W0 D18 L29). · Chelsea have won 16 and lost none of their last 19 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge (D3). · Manchester United have won five and lost none of their last seven Premier League away games (D2). · Manchester United (4) and Chelsea (2) are responsible for 46% of the 13 bookings for simulation in the Premier League this season. Team News Chelsea · Frank Lampard and Branislav Ivanovic remain the main absentees for Jose Mourinho, who has signed former Blues midfielder Nemanja Matic as cover for the former. · David Luiz has impressed in midfield in recent weeks and should keep his place alongside Ramires despite the return to fitness of Frank Lampard. · Meanwhile Juan Mata is likely to continue to miss out, taking his place on the bench with summer signing Willian preferred at present. Manchester United · Manchester United have a whole host of fitness concerns, with Moyes waiting to find out whether the likes of Evra, Jones, Evans and Ferdinand will be available at the back. · Both Wayne Rooney (groin) and Van Persie (thigh) have been ruled out once again so it should be the same line-up to the one that started against Swansea. · Danny Welbeck will continue to lead the line having scored his 6th goal in as many matches in the league last weekend. Prediction Although the title looks to be out of United's reach this match could still have a significant bearing on the league standings at the top come the end of the season. United have failed to score in any of their last 3 matches against Chelsea and never at Stamford Bridge when the Blues have been under Jose Mourinho's stewardship (4 matches). This fixture usually brings about goals and plenty of entertainment, with 21 scored between the sides in their last 4 encounters at Stamford Bridge. Prediction 1-1

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th Chelsea are solid at home winning all games but one (draw)... Including victories over liverpool and man city. Chelsea have a joint first best defensive record in the premiership so I think Manchester United will find it difficult to score especially without Rooney and Van Persie My score prediction would be Chelsea 2-0 @ 9/1 Betfair and Chealsea WIN @ 3/4 - BetVictor

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th Chelsea are solid at home winning all games but one (draw)... Including victories over liverpool and man city. Chelsea have a joint first best defensive record in the premiership so I think Manchester United will find it difficult to score especially without Rooney and Van Persie My score prediction would be Chelsea 2-0 @ 9/1 Betfair and Chelsea WIN @ 3/4 - BetVictor

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th I personally think anyone that fancies United for this match is off their rocker. Mourinho has never lost a home league game for Chelsea. Chelsea have won their last 5 games in a row, conceding only 1 goal. United have a long list of injuries which include Rooney & Van Persie, where are the United goals coming from? Eden Hazard has been prolific for Chelsea this season and I expect him to rip us apart. United only had 39% possession at home to Swansea last weekend. Chelsea are 1.75 with Paddy Power and I think that is a stonking price.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th

According to Daily Mail' date=' Rooney and Van Persie both traveled to London with the rest of the team. Well well well....[/quote'] I personally hope both of them did not travel. The worst possible thing Moyes could do is play them when they are not 100% and then they will be out for another month after that!

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th 4pts Over 2.5 goals Evs Stan James Matches between these two sides in London in recent times have been high scoring and with United not defending great and Chelsea really going well at the minute I think this could have goals in it too. Moyes will have to open up with United here because they have to win this game else even a top four spot will be getting away from them. Chelsea have a great home record under Mourinho so I think we’ll see a few goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-man-utd-betting-goals-can-come-in-surprisingly-open-game

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th im on BTTS to score @ 1.95 I now man u have no RVP and Rooney but they only failed to score twice in last 25 games on the road i think this is safer bet than the overs which is practically the same price and if you dont like this bet but fancy the overs , you are basically saying chelsea have to win 3-0 or more to collect

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th I have to agree with thecurlyone1 regarding btts. Such "must win" derby situation usualy flush out an accidental hero on the underdogs side, so I wouldnt be too surprised if United got a goal in, might be an early goal as well. But considering tha vast amount of € being poured onto Chelsea in this match, I will most likely punt on a draw and btts. Really nice value in draw @ 3.75 (bet365). Ofcourse the draw seems like a madmans bet, but I am willing to take the risk for 4 units. As neilovan mentioned, the pressure is squarely on Chelsea, and I havent been too impressed with them lately.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th I have a lot of faith that we will get the win as we are clearly a much better team. 8/11 isn't an amazing price. But for chelsea at home vs a side without their 2 best attacking players, you are still getting some value. Will probably have a bit of a fun bet though. Hazard to score first between 21st-45th min 20/1 Bet365. Hazard has been on fire, and it wouldn't surprise me for him to break through the United defence after a cagey first 20 mins.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th

According to Daily Mail' date=' Rooney and Van Persie both traveled to London with the rest of the team. Well well well....[/quote'] Apparently Vidic didn't travel with the team according to United insiders, neither Rooney or RVP will play I'm certain of that. Reports that Evra is out too. It seems laughable now that I backed United to win the league at the start of the season :lol, must have had rocks in my head, luckily I backed City too and they are right in there, this season is purely about getting into the top 4 for United now. Matic won't start for Chelsea but they will have Willian, Oscar and Hazard running between the lines of midfield and attack, United have been pretty decent away form but mostly against struggling sides, I don't think this will be a walk in the park but expect Chelsea to win what might well be a dull, cagey game. Chelsea -0.5,-1.0AH - 1.926 - pinnacle - 2 Points Chelsea to win by 1 goal margin - 3.5 - bet365 - 1 Point

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th I think Jose missed a trick when Chelsea played Manu U at old Trafford early in the season not knowing how weak Man U where at the time Chelsea where very defensive and happy with the point, looking for a win only when chances appeared naturally and without taking any risk. Looking back now I think he would of been more adventurous. And this is good time now to be more forward attacking against a weakened Man U. But as always Jose will not take extravagant chances. I predict a cagey affair building slowly into more adventurous play late on in the game. Chelsea to nick it by one goal seems likely. I will be betting on 1 point Draw @ 4.50 (all William Hill) , 1 points Chelsea Win and Under 2.5 goals @3.5 , 2 points Chelsea Win @1.73, .5 point Ramirez any time scorer @ 6 Will also bet 1 point Handicap Chelsea -3 goals @ 15 in case it all goes pair shaped for Moyes like it did against Man City.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Sunday January 19th don't fancy us today and it aint very often I say that think the best we will get is a draw if we are lucky but do think we will score today btts today looks best bet can see Chelsea scoring from a set piece today if I had to say a score today 2 1 Chelsea hope im wrong good luck