** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Swansea City (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Odds are not set correctly to me.United were terrible on Sunday.Even though FAbio and Ferdinand won't play and Rooney is expected to be fit enough to start the game i think that Manchester United is not the same team anymore.Their mojo is gone.The only way the team get better is Sir Alex to follow Scholes and Giggs's example and re-sign again.Swansea on the other hand will be fully motivated to win again.After their first win at Old Trafford we could see the 2nd.AW at some sort of handicap is a good option maybe.It's true that this is not a FA game and United's approach will be different.They will try to bounce back after the defeat which tells me that Swansea could hit them on a counter-attack.BTTS-Yes will be my bet.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th

Bony to score against United (again) anyone? He seems to be in a scoring mode - 3 goals in 2 games. :unsure
I quite fancy this again after my little punt. Check William Hill as I will be doing for Bony to score and Swansea to win, got 20/1 last time out :) Should be thereabouts again.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th A couple of things regarding Man U Van Persie, Rooney, Fellaini, Jones, Nani, Rafael are key injuries. The equivalent of Liverpool not playing with Gerrard and Suarez, or Arsenal missing Giroud and Ozil. http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/01/01/3304750/the-premier-leagues-injury-suspension-list indicates that van Persie, Rafael, Jones may be back 11th Jan. Makes a massive difference. A stronger midfield makes everyone else look better. More defensive cover and more attacking supply. Premier league aspirations. United looking horrid, and having a ghastly season, yet are only 5 points behind Liverpool who are having a great season :D. Makes u think .... They did'nt show much in the FA cup game, but they did not really deserve to lose either. Two very average starting 11's huffing and puffing around the park. To me there is absolutely no-way that United will not win this game. I just want to see the starting lineups and then decide on how much I will back United with. Call me crazy, but I would love to see (and I know it won't happen) Valencia playing as a left sided striker. He is a great athlete, fast and strong with a thunderous right foot. He's been found out on the right wing, being forced inside at least 75% of the time. Everyone though Wenger was crazy trying it with Thierry Henry, and that worked out pretty well.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Man United can't be counted on anymore. I lost a crapload of money on them against Swansea in the FA cup game yesterday (Jan 5). Swansea had never beaten them at home Looked like a slam dunk. Then they were completely useless, blowing opportunity after opportunity. I don't know what happened to them but I won't be betting on them for a long long time, like maybe next year if they improve a lot. The dependable teams now are Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool. When you see them against an average team like Swansea you can be pretty sure they won't get beat 1-2 like Man U did. That was the most disgusting thing I ever saw. Tomorrow they'll get beat by Sunderland. Just bet on whatever team they play and the odds will be way higher than what they really are. Do that the rest of the season and you can't lose. It's the reverse Man U system.

Man United can't be counted on anymore. I lost a crapload of money on them against Swansea in the FA cup game yesterday (Jan 5). Swansea had never beaten them at home Looked like a slam dunk. Then they were completely useless' date=' blowing opportunity after opportunity. I don't know what happened to them but I won't be betting on them for a long long time, like maybe next year if they improve a lot. The dependable teams now are Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool. When you see them against an average team like Swansea you can be pretty sure they won't get beat 1-2 like Man U did. That was the most disgusting thing I ever saw. Tomorrow they'll get beat by Sunderland. Just bet on whatever team they play and the odds will be way higher than what they really are. Do that the rest of the season and you can't lose. It's the reverse Man U system.[/quote'] I hear you but, to me Chelsea will be far more dependable in the coming weeks that Arsenal and Liverpool. If you asked me this weekend which of those three I would BANK to win (and they are all playing away) , I would take Chelsea all day. Their squad is miles better. Man City and Chelsea are streets ahead of everyone this season. Liverpool and Arsenal will fall off the pace in the second half. If Arsenal don't splash the cash for a top striker it's goodnight charlie for them, and they won't win the league. Equate van Persie's importance to that of Ozil or Suarez. Then see how Arsenal or Liverpool do without them for 10 games ! Additionally, if a great player becomes available in Jan, CHelsea will snap them up. One because they can, and two because it denies someone else his services. The problem with cup betting is always motivation. Most of the time the cup comps are not important for the epl teams and they don't give them the respect they deserve. Realistically it's a one-off, with nothing significant to make an accurate prediction with...

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th One thing just to point out neil, goal.com is as unreliable as a site gets. I would never trust anything said there, unless it has been confirmed by another more reliable source. And the 1.37 on Man Utd to win outright has got to be laid depending on their performance today vs Sunderland. Needless to say man utd have been dire at home and so much better away from home this season.

I hear you but, to me Chelsea will be far more dependable in the coming weeks that Arsenal and Liverpool. If you asked me this weekend which of those three I would BANK to win (and they are all playing away) , I would take Chelsea all day. Their squad is miles better. Man City and Chelsea are streets ahead of everyone this season. Liverpool and Arsenal will fall off the pace in the second half. If Arsenal don't splash the cash for a top striker it's goodnight charlie for them, and they won't win the league. Equate van Persie's importance to that of Ozil or Suarez. Then see how Arsenal or Liverpool do without them for 10 games ! Additionally, if a great player becomes available in Jan, CHelsea will snap them up. One because they can, and two because it denies someone else his services. The problem with cup betting is always motivation. Most of the time the cup comps are not important for the epl teams and they don't give them the respect they deserve. Realistically it's a one-off, with nothing significant to make an accurate prediction with...
Thanks for the tip. I'm not up on all the intricacies of the actual lineups of the teams so your input was certainly valuable. So Chelsea is the one to watch then. I don't know what's going on with Man United's lineup but it looks like they're down some key players. It's like a different team than last year. I guess I have to start studying these team lineups a lot more before I put significant money on a game. It's also good to watch the games live and adjust betting according to who is on the field at the time. Like yesterday Real Madrid had gone scoreless the whole first half and early part of the second half, then they put Bale on and three goals came up. I should have laid no goal when I heard them say that Bale was warming up but it was getting too close to the end of the game to risk it. I know Madrid aren't EPL but it was a perfect example of what I was saying.

To me there is absolutely no-way that United will not win this game. I just want to see the starting lineups and then decide on how much I will back United with.
Do not say that, mate! I think u are too much United fan and this may interfere with your betting judgment.

Do not say that, mate! I think u are too much United fan and this may interfere with your betting judgment.
LOL , I am far from a United fan. I like to watch decent football, and I want to make money. United in the past satisfied both of those objectives. Their away games last season were great entertainment. Massive emotional swings, big goals, rollercoaster ride, with MOST GAMES GOING OVER 2.5 and making :drums SPANDULAAS ! At the moment there is no denying that they are a mess. They have a terrible combination of ageing players, well beyond their best days, youngsters that are still learning their trade, and little in between. They are victims of their own success, and poor EPL competition under Ferguson. Simple remedy is to get a few players back. You can't go through a season without van Persie, Rooney, Nani, Carrick, Felleini, Jones, Young. Then throw in 2 signings. I would rather have Coentrao over Baines because of the age gap (25 vrs 29) And splash some cash for Marco Rues (you can send Kagawa back in the deal as well) . All of a sudden the team looks a lot better. I am not saying that United are world beaters :D but I would be more than happy to back a team that had all those players playing, against Swansea, at Old Trafford. I am not going ape on United. I am probably betting 100 units (40 bets) this week, and United at home to Swansea will get between 1 and 6 of those (probably 2, maybe nothing). I think for anyone betting on this game, the inclusion of ROONEY is vital ROONEY OUT would be looking at the UNDER 2.5 goals as well Talk to me about Chelsea and Man City, and Liverpool at home. Those 3 teams WILL make you money this season.

Then throw in 2 signings. I would rather have Coentrao over Baines because of the age gap (25 vrs 29) And splash some cash for Marco Rues (you can send Kagawa back in the deal as well) .
haha... just like that? in january? ain`t playstation for ya :D
I think for anyone betting on this game, the inclusion of ROONEY is vital
i said it last time all ready in spurs man u game, that rooney is rushed in too quickly, no wonder he aggravated it more and was out for cup game, the same here,even If he is back, he is on "no roll" at this time, after not being much fit and not playing at his best for a few weeks now, i wouldn`t relay my bet on him, to carry man u at this stage - team is falling apart, half of them no future in foresight, it`s tough at their dire state now to pick them selves up. man u will feel big a pressure in this game, first of all to revenge for loss at cup game, 2nd, if at any stage they fall goal behind or even go into half time leveled, old trafford, might become very hostile place for them, swansea has no expectation, what so ever, they are there to frustrate and get something out of it... i wouldn`t bet a 50 cent at this time on man u.. i won`t go for swansea either, as i don`t think 4 in a row will happen :D as this game is stand alone at 17.30... i`ll play "in play" this one and maybe small "exotic" bets before.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Sure enough, they lost to Sunderland, the worst team in the league. This is now the lowest point in Man U's career. However, you wouldn't think they could keep losing every game for an extended time so in theory they're about due for a win by a lucky penalty shot at least, like Sunderland got in that game. You do have to blame Man U for giving Sunderland a penalty shot right in front of the net though, and their goalie diving the wrong way. Man U do still get quite a few shots on goal though, they just haven't been landing any of them. Unfortunately. I couldn't resist laying Sunderland in that game. I figured the best they could do was tie. That would have been the case if they hadn't got that "can't miss" penalty shot. I only bet minimum amount in BF though so it only cost me a little and I managed to win it back later on another game. Still ticked me off though.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th I don't think Utd can beat Swansea (at least not without Ronney and RvP) and I'm pretty sure a second humiliation to Swansea is intolerable too. I got the feeling this will be a draw. Either 1-1 or 0-0.

Moyes boys are ready for redemption after being robbed by the officials in three of their last three games.
I think we can be confident they will be bang up for this one' date=' and will be desperate to send a message to [b']all their title rivals.
Are you being serious, mate, or just making fun of United misery? :D

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Lol, sorry for off-topic, but you are definitely a fervent United supporters. I objectively didn't see any diabolical anti United refereeing, just saw a clueless team with no winning mentality anymore. You better think twice before putting your bets on the team you love so much.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th I can't possibly comprehend how United are 1.5 for such a game, United have apparently been 'fired up' for about 2 months according to Moyes and yet they still create nothing and seem fairly easy to play against. Swansea are a good away side, obviously keep possession well and should start getting a few players back from injury soon. I'm not bothered if Rooney plays or not, he is virtually playing in front of the back 4 most of the time trying to sort out the various disasters he sees occurring all around him, the team is unbalanced with minimal creativity and they are struggling to break teams down for this reason. They might be able to sort this out in the summer but not for this game! Januzaj is one of the few players who looks dangerous but he is a kid and given that he played in midweek I expect to see him on the bench for this game. Obviously Swansea have had a few extra days rest for this game too. Swansea do have a few injury problems at present, and now Dutch duo Jonathan de Guzman and Dwight Tiendalli are doubtful for Saturday's trip, missing de Guzman would certainly be a blow. This handicap would have won in 8 of United's 10 home games (would have lost against Palace and West Ham) and 8 of 10 of Swansea's away games (would have lost against Southampton and Man City), coupled with the recent match between the two makes this very appealing. United are the price they are purely because of their name, nothing else, I would have this at about 1.45. Swansea +1.5AH - 1.67 - pinnacle - 5 Points

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Wifred Bony has 2 in 2 v Utd and has 3 scored in his last two games ,both against the Manc clubs, with himbeing swanseas main target man he's not bad value on Coral 10/3 anytime goalscorer,I will defo have a bit on that,he is a player coming into a bit of decent form

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Rooney out, which is a massive blow for United. Glad I waited for this news. I just can't see them doing anything in this game. Who is going to get them a goal ? The way they have been defending they probably need 2 for a win

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Man U Should win this game but they wont have my money @ 1.55 Man U's Home form has been average to say the least and they've only covered the handicap twice this season ( West Ham , Arsenal ) but i cant see em winning by two clear goals, and i wouldnt be surprised if the swans took a point away from old trafford , Therefore , Ill also back the Jacks in the Asian Market +1.25 @ 1.650

I don't think Utd can beat Swansea (at least not without Ronney and RvP) and I'm pretty sure a second humiliation to Swansea is intolerable too. I got the feeling this will be a draw. Either 1-1 or 0-0.
I'm n00b but I think Manchester will win, especially if Rooney returns! Let's say 3:1

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Considering what's been said above about key absences for United, this surely wont be a walk in the park for them. I do not think morale is high in their camp either, after series of poor results and now also Moyes has been fined by FA for improper words towards referees Swansea beat United not long ago and also have a good shout for tomorrow's afternoon - I've been thinking of the best option to choose and bet365 is offering sth decent - Swansea team performance >20 @1.95, where each goals scored is 15 pts, a draw is 10 and a win - which cannot be excluded - gives you 25pts. Corners also help you get the points, while they are deducted for yellow/red cards so even if they loose e.g. 3-1 but gain at least 4 corners, the bet wins worth a try, I think

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th 5pts Both teams to score 10/11 Ladbrokes Both teams scoring is a regular theme in United matches at the minute and I see no reason why that won’t continue being the case here. Five out of United’s last six games have seen both sides find the back of the net and I expect no different here. Five out of Swansea’s last six have also seen both sides score so with the way both are playing the 10/11 looks a great bet on both teams scoring in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-swansea-betting-both-sides-can-score-for-the-second-successive-weekend-at-old-trafford

Considering what's been said above about key absences for United, this surely wont be a walk in the park for them. I do not think morale is high in their camp either, after series of poor results and now also Moyes has been fined by FA for improper words towards referees Swansea beat United not long ago and also have a good shout for tomorrow's afternoon - I've been thinking of the best option to choose and bet365 is offering sth decent - Swansea team performance >20 @1.95, where each goals scored is 15 pts, a draw is 10 and a win - which cannot be excluded - gives you 25pts. Corners also help you get the points, while they are deducted for yellow/red cards so even if they loose e.g. 3-1 but gain at least 4 corners, the bet wins worth a try, I think
I like this bet. Also can cover the 15-20 Team performance @ 8.50 just in case yellow cards will deduct final performance to below twenty.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th To me there is absolutely no-way that United will not win this game. I just want to see the starting lineups and then decide on how much I will back United with. Looking at this game I have a feeling I will be eating humble pie come 7pm on Sat evening. Man, I hate humble pie :puke I was anticipating that Rooney would start, but without him United look toothless. They can huff and puff, 'rebound' and all they like, but they are so lacking in quality, confidence and ability that a home win looks unlikely. What I would say though, is that Moyes needs to do something different. I am not sure that this 4-4-2 thing is working. Away they have played a 4-5-1 and it has given more midfield strength, and resulted in more goals. What he is trying now, combinations, style, formations is just not working . What to do differently, I am not sure. That's why he earns the bigbucks !

I can't possibly comprehend how United are 1.5 for such a game, United have apparently been 'fired up' for about 2 months according to Moyes and yet they still create nothing and seem fairly easy to play against. Swansea are a good away side, obviously keep possession well and should start getting a few players back from injury soon. I'm not bothered if Rooney plays or not, he is virtually playing in front of the back 4 most of the time trying to sort out the various disasters he sees occurring all around him, the team is unbalanced with minimal creativity and they are struggling to break teams down for this reason. They might be able to sort this out in the summer but not for this game! Januzaj is one of the few players who looks dangerous but he is a kid and given that he played in midweek I expect to see him on the bench for this game. Obviously Swansea have had a few extra days rest for this game too. Swansea do have a few injury problems at present, and now Dutch duo Jonathan de Guzman and Dwight Tiendalli are doubtful for Saturday's trip, missing de Guzman would certainly be a blow. This handicap would have won in 8 of United's 10 home games (would have lost against Palace and West Ham) and 8 of 10 of Swansea's away games (would have lost against Southampton and Man City), coupled with the recent match between the two makes this very appealing. United are the price they are purely because of their name, nothing else, I would have this at about 1.45. Swansea +1.5AH - 1.67 - pinnacle - 5 Points LOST
United were poor first half but much better in the second, Bony was poor all game and despite all their possession Swansea created little.

really fancy utd to come good tomorrow' date='cant say why you just get a feeling sometimes for your team and I will say we will win by at least 2 goals ive already took utd - 1.5 goals got 2.425 with bet 365 good luck all[/quote'] well done reds 2nd half more like the utd we know :nana

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday January 11th Happy with the United win yesterday but....... I find it ridiculous that Moyes in the pregame interview, says he'll play what's available and then never gives Zaha a run. Frankly it's absurd. You buy a youngster for $11 million ? and never give him a game. Yesterday the Januzai, EVra combination down the left flank worked well. I think similar could be achieved with Zaha and Kagawa, yet it has never been tried. CLeverly gets a regular start, and must be one of the most untalented players ever to pull on a United jersey. Ravel Morrisson, Paul Pogba and now Wilfried Zaha. 'You won’t win anything with kids' Alan Hansen springs to mind This is especially true if you never give them a chance !!!!