** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 8 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH][/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Saint-Étienne v Evian TG (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.87 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 10 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH][/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Montpellier HSC v AS Monaco (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th & 10th St Etienne have 3 suspensions for this game. They are affected in defence where right back Francois Clerc is banned. The former Lyon man has started every single Ligue match for them so far this season so will undoubtedly be missed. Kurt Zouma completes the 8th of a 10 match ban but they’ve been used to playing without him now so this is less of a factor. In midfield Fabien Lemoine is their other suspension but fortunately for Sainte they have more depth in the middle of the park than anywhere else. In attack, winger Yohann Mollo is surprisingly left out of the squad again. It seems he’s out of favour at the moment and not in Christophe Galtier’s good books. Evian don’t have any absences of note here apart from wide player Fabrice Ehret, but he’s not that vital anyway. What is important to note is the return of Nicolas Benezet upfront and Cedric Barbosa in midfield, both were out of action for about 2 months. This match was due to be played back on December 7th but got postponed due to weather conditions. That day I had lined up a bet on St Etienne -1 @ 2.02 for 5 units, but I won’t be betting on them tonight. Why not you might ask? Well, for a start the price isn’t actually as good and only 1.88 is available. Secondly, Sainte have nowhere near as many factors in their favour this time around. Evian have a squad in much better condition than they did a month ago, and also won’t be on an emotional high after beating PSG. Plus, what have Sainte really done so impressively in the space of a month to deserve a drop in price? Well, they beat crappy Montpellier and then claimed an impressive win against Nantes, but is that really enough to be a top price of 1.88 on this line? I don’t think so. St Etienne haven’t played a match since the 21st December. Their cup match against Cannes at the weekend got postponed at the last minute. Evian played in the Coupe de france away at Bastia and lost 1-0. It must be noted that they fielded a very weak side though and have clearly been saving all their key players for this fixture. Really this is a bonus match for both sides, whatever they get out of this contest they will gain on rivals as this is their ‘game in hand’ I wouldn’t actually be all that surprised if Evian got a result here. They tend to perform better against stronger opponents – think of Monaco away (1-1) and PSG home (2-0). Having said that, Sainte are the superior team and are deserving favourites. I just don’t think they should be as short as they are and I’ll swerve this match. A close home win or a draw is my prediction, Evian could surprise people again. Prediction: St Etienne 1-1 Evian Recommended bet: None

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th & 10th Montpellier – Monaco The hosts don’t have any fresh injury concerns. Only long term casualties are out and they welcome back midfielder Jamel Saihi from the treatment table. Montpellier also include new signing on loan from AC Milan, M’Baye Niang, a talented young player who could cause problems to numerous Ligue 1 defences. Monaco are at full strength except attacker Anthony Martial is ruled out. Of course, Les Monegasques do have plenty of other options in the final third, but Martial had been in fairly decent form before the winter break. At least Falcao should be fit and ready following a 3 week rest and I’d expect him to be fully over his injury now. I would say this is Rolland Courbis’ first ‘proper’ match in charge since taking over the reigns at Montpellier. He didn’t really have enough time before the winter break to stamp his authority on the team, although they did pick up a decent point away at Bastia. Montpellier have yet to score in the ligue under Courbis’ management but did look much more solid in their previous game. A cup win last weekend away against Rodez might have given them some confidence too. Courbis is renowned as a good tactician and motivator but the supposed XI for this match has already been announced, and I’m not a fan of it. He’s preferring Mathieu Deplagne at right back, a player I used to rate as a good young talent but he’s proven to be a bust and can’t really cut the mustard at this level yet. Courbis seems to have fallen in love with him instantly though. He also wants to play Daniel Congre on the left hand side of defence which is a massive mistake IMO. Congre is far better suited in central defence or occasionally at right back. Who’s daft idea is it to play him on the left? It just doesn’t make sense! Monaco could seriously tear Montpellier apart out wide on the wings in this fixture if Deplagne and Congre start where expected. The hosts will play much harder for their new manager than they did under Jean Fernandez but I’m also worried about their potential formation, it’s going to be very narrow which doesn’t really suit their strengths. Courbis doesn’t seem to be using his brain here and could be exposed. I don’t really like backing any side odds-on away from home in France but I can’t see past a Monaco win in this fixture. They have far too much extra quality for their opponents and know they can’t afford to slip up a game like this. MHSC are definitely going to be a side in transition under Courbis and might already be looking ahead to their matchup with Sochaux next week. In the context of their season thats a far more important fixture, and even though it’s 8 days away their focus and attention might already be on it. Who knows, Courbis could be wanting to test some things out here in preparation? Even if Montpellier were in better form you’d still have to respect Monaco anyway. They are a quality side and have a great away record this season. I think they’ll get the business done. Prediction: Montpellier 0-2 Monaco Recommended bet: Monaco -0.5 @ 1.88 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th & 10th

Montpellier – Monaco At least Falcao should be fit and ready following a 3 week rest and I’d expect him to be fully over his injury now. Prediction: Montpellier 0-2 Monaco Recommended bet: Monaco -0.5 @ 1.88 4/10
The injury is rumored to be a smokescreen for trade/loan negotiations with real madrid and chelsea, not sure though. I'm skeptical as to whether or not he will play. Would be great to hear any sources saying if he is or isn't.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th & 10th

The injury is rumored to be a smokescreen for trade/loan negotiations with real madrid and chelsea' date=' not sure though. I'm skeptical as to whether or not he will play. Would be great to hear any sources saying if he is or isn't.[/quote'] never mind. don't know how I missed it :cigar. the manager confirmed falcao would play, although I believe he was supposed to play in one of the previous 3 games as well. definitely seems like one of the best bets for today.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th & 10th Montpellier v Monaco With both sides recent form featuring a heavy under 2.5 goals basis it is no surprise at all to see the unders as the favourite as stats backers get stuck in. Montpellier miss striker Bakar, which may impact their goal threat, but new loan signing Niang could replace him. Meanwhile Monaco are without striker Martial and defenders Wolf and Lopez. Falcao is expected to play which will of course increase the chance of goals, if he's interested enough to expend any effort. I would weigh up the current team news as neutral to slightly positive in favour of goals. Sometimes in markets like this, where there is a really obvious selection, bookmakers will try to protect their exposure to the obvious and popular favourite seletion. This means there can be value in taking a contrarian view, and with this in mind Im backing over 2.5 goals at 2.3 with betvictor. I'd price it closer to 2.2.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th & 10th Gotta be honest here . I think you are on a losing wicket with the overs. Put this through over/under software and it came back 2 sets of criteria pointing massively UNDER (one set was 24-0 in 3 years). Montpellier have been a hugely under 2.5 team this season at home. They are under in 8 of 10 home games. In 10 home games they have conceded 2 goals in only 1 game (lorient). To me that shows a well organized defense. 5 of these 10 games have been 0-0 at half time. This kills over 2.5 goals. They have given up just 3 1st half goals in 10 games. (Nantes, Lille and Sochaux) Couple this with Monaco going over 2.5 in just 3 of 9 away games. Only way this game can go over is if Monaco score 3 goals, but then the better bet would be on them to do this (you can get about 4-1 for 3 goals or more) The 1.7 offered by betvictor for the under 2.5 goals bet is a more than fair price and I will take it for 4 units. just as a sidenote. This Winter break in Germany, Holland, Belgium etc is a joke, if teams are playing friendly games this week. To me it's just ridiculous... normally after putting a prediction out there they go and rubbish it completely by each scoring 4 goals :eyes .

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th & 10th Pretty disappointed with Monaco there, they didn't play that well. Yet another case of new manager syndrome though with Rolland Courbis making Montpellier a much improved outfit. Credit to him, draw fair even though the penalty decision was dodgy

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th & 10th I don't think that Claudio Ranieri is a top manager. I class him similar to Mancini. OK but no great shakes. With the money they have spent, and the talent available they should be much better. You give that squad to Pelligrini or Mourinho and they would have 6 points more this season.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Ajaccio – PSG ACA still have CB Ronald Zubar injured and also midfielder Benoit Pedretti. The coach has left a few random players out of the squad tactically, such as Denis Oliech and as usual there seems to be weird things going on with this team. PSG just have Marco Verratti and Christophe Jallet injured, neither are massive losses because they have so much depth. PSG did play on Wednesday night in the CDF away against Brest, but they were 4-1 up at HT and it was an easy fixture for them. I don’t expect it’ll have any adverse affect on them at all. This is a true David vs Goliath clash. The gulf in class between these two teams is absolutely huge and in theory PSG should absolutely smash the shit out of them. Ajaccio are a shockingly poor side and secretly I think they might have already given up the ghost this season, They are 9 points adrift of safety and don’t remotely look like they have any chance of turning things around. Things were bad under Fabrizio Ravanelli, but his replacement Christian Bracconi is just as poor. They had one clown in charge and now they’ve ended up with another! Braconni is making the exact same mistakes that Ravanelli did. He’s playing guys out of their natural positions needlessly and producing terrible tactical gameplans. The bloke clearly doesn’t have a clue and is a complete numpty. Ajaccio needed to appoint a proper coach in charge but have inexplicably retained him. That’s why I think they’re already resigned to the fact of an inevitable relegation, else they’d have hired someone different during the winter break. To put things into perspective how bad Ajaccio are, they only beat a side 2-1 in the Coupe de France last week who are a full 7 divisions below them! Thats like only beating a genuine pub side 2-1! If they are struggling against teams like that then god help them here. I definitely expect PSG to easily win this fixture in an absolute blowout. They are a million miles better than Ajaccio and typically have a habit of smashing shit sides, giving them no respite or sympathy. Following Monaco’s draw last night, Les Parisians will want to produce an emphatic performance too. The only real worry for PSG is that they’ve had recent problems against Ajaccio. The last 3 fixtures between the sides have all ended draws and GK Memo Ochoa usually has a storming game against them. But I just don’t see how they keep it remotely close and the scoreline could get really ugly if PSG turn on the style. It’s shocking to think I’m going to bet on an away side -1.75 in France, but seriously this is an acceptable line IMO and PSG should storm it. Prediction; Ajaccio 0-5 PSG Recommended bet: PSG -1.75 @ 1.92 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th AC Ajaccio v Paris St. Germain AC Ajaccio: Zubar (12/1 d), Pedretti (9/1 m), Arrache (7/2 m) Paris St. Germain: Verratti (16/0 m), Jallet (8/0 d) Girondins Bordeaux v Toulouse FC Girondins Bordeaux: Jussiê (15/5 f), Diabaté (15/7 f, top scorer) Toulouse FC: Roman (0/0 m), Chantôme (14/0 m), Abdennour (15/0 d), Yago (10/0 d), Ninkov (13/0 d), Moubandje (3/0 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions on: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th I really like the Rennes v Nice game Nice are a stinker of a team away from home. They have lost 6 games in a row away from home. They have failed to score in 7 of 9 away games. 6 of their last 9 away have been under 2.5 goals. Rennes have scored in their last 7 home games. 1 goal should probably enough to win this Like the Rennes to win it and under 2.5 goals which is 4.33 on ladbrokes for 2 units

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Rennes seems like a good call to me too. They finnaly are at full strength for this game and that's been a while. Kadir and Allessandrini are back and they are key players for Rennes. Both capable of opening the opponents defense with 1 pass and also they score goals when needed. Big boost for Oliveira upfront with 2 guys behind him with great vision and passing. Rank 15th is way too low for the home team, they have a decent squad and 2.30 against such a bad away side is value to me. Nice picked up a bit of form lately with desperate needed wins at home and a cup win away at nantes. But they played with almost all regulars while Nantes rested their key players so that was not a big surprise for me. In the league Nice really struggle on the road and mostly in front of goal. Cvitanich is back but he never hitted top form this season, doubt if he can find the net this time while being under constant pressure of the host. He will probably have to make a lot of meters to get the ball. He is at his best around the box but I doubt Rennes will give much space away. I'm not saying this is a do or die game for Rennes but 15th rank is way too low for them and usually they are pretty decent at home. I'll give them a go with medium stakes. Goodluck all

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Rennes – Nice Rennes have midfielder Vincent Pajot injured again. He’s hardly played a game all year though so this is hardly going to be that much of a blow for them. Creative pacey winger Jonathan Pitroipa isn’t in the squad for personal reasons, his Dad died and he’s back over in Burkina Faso with family. The Nice injury problems got better before Xmas but they’ve struck yet again! The big issue is in defence where their first choice CB pairing of Pejcinovic and Bodmer are both ruled out. This is problematic because those 2 are head and shoulders better than any other CB Nice have, they will be vulnerable in the middle. Playmaker Mahamane Traore is still injured too and right winger Jeremy Pied joins him on the treatment table. Despite these absences, Nice are still in better condition than they were around the start of December when they had about 10 players ruled out. Both of these teams have been failures this season. Rennes haven’t really kicked on under the management of Philippe Montanier but he knows this is a long term project and he’s trying to build gradually and slowly. Nice meanwhile, had that terrible run of 7 straight losses around November time which has really put them in a poor ligue position. However, there were legitimate reasons for that bad run and they did respond just before the winter break by winning 2 straight ligue games and one on the Coupe de la Ligue. I’m not really sure why Rennes are such a popular pick today? They have only won 1 of their last 8 games and are just an average side. Nice are definitely the better of the 2 teams and the only reason for their poor run was a string of horrific injuries. It’s true their away record is poor, but I’d say stats don’t tell the full story with them. But with two key defenders out here they may well struggle again. I’m not totally sure about this fixture I’ve got a feeling for a draw and prefer to swerve the contest. Prediction: Rennes 1-1 Nice Recommended bet: None

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Bordeaux – Toulouse Les Girondins still have LB Lucas Orban ruled out injured, but their main issues are upfront. Key man Cheikh Diabate is another casualty, as is Jussie who’s been in fairly good form this season. At least new signing Guillaume Hoarau is able to make the squad and will surely start for them tonight. Toulouse are usually a side who stay injury free, but for once they do have problems, especially in defence. Star stud Aymen Abdennour is ruled out along with Steve Yago and Pavle Ninkov. He wouldn’t have likely started anyway, but Francois Moubandje is another who is crocked at the back. TFC aren’t in bad condition elsewhere, although key midfielder Clement Chantome is once again missing and his loss will be a blow. I quite like Bordeaux here and fancy them to win. If both teams were at full strength then I’m not so sure that this price would be very attractive but TFC losing Abdennour from their defence is massive, they could be vulnerable at the back today. Bordeaux ended 20103 in pretty good form and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them start this year pretty strongly too. Maybe there’s a slight worry about their lack of firepower today but if Hoarau can settle quickly then he’ll be a threat. Bordeaux -0.5 is my play, albeit only 4 units. This is an atlantic derby and quite a strong rivalry between the two sides, so everyone will play hard. I think Les Girondins will be able to create chances though, its just a question of if they’ll be able to take them. Prediction: Bordeaux 2-0 Toulouse Recommended bet: Bordeaux -0.5 @ 2.08 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Guingamp – St Etienne The hosts only have two injuries for this game. The first is to left back Lemaitre and the 2nd is to striker Douniama. Neither is a massive loss and Guingamp should be able to cope fine without them. Sainte still have right back Francois Clerc missing which means Brison is going to have to fill in there. Kurt Zouma remains suspended too, although they are in pretty good condition apart from those 2 losses. It must be remembered that Les Verts played in midweek at home to Evian (1-0) so have only had a 3 day period of rest prior to this game. Sainte are in form and have won 5 of their last 6 games but this is definitely a banana skin fixture for them tonight. No team likes to travel to Guingamp where the crowd really get hostile and on top of the game. EAG have a pretty good record here at home this season and have played some decent football in front of their own fans. Their direct style of play could catch St Etienne off guard and they should also have a freshness advantage. I’m not so sure the visitors will play that well following their midweek endeavours. I don’t agree with the odds here. Guingamp shouldn’t be such clear underdogs. Sainte are a good team, but not that good and I see some value on the +0.25 line. The hosts are at the very least capable of obtaining a draw and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they managed to claim victory. You could argue that its dangerous taking on a ‘hot’ team but I know that sides in Ligue 1 often struggle on a short week following midweek games. This price is too generous for me to ignore on the Brittany outfit. Prediction: Guingamp 2-1 St Etienne Recommended bet: Guingamp +0.25 @ 1.85 5/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Lyon – Sochaux The hosts are at full strength minus fullback Mouhamadou Dabo who is injured. Coach Remi Garde is spoilt for choice ahead of this fixture. Sochaux are in pretty good condition too and only really have long term injuries to worry about. They welcome a few new signings into their squad for this match and Herve Renard will be hoping they can make an immediate difference in their quest to avoid relegation. Lyon haven’t really done that well this season and have only proven themselves to be a midtable force. However, now that they are at full strength maybe they can show their true qualities. On paper they should have too much for Sochaux here but you never know with Lyon anymore, they just aren’t reliable. They lost this fixture last season against an even worse Sochaux looking team so who knows, they could fail again? Sochaux have lost every away game under Herve Renard though and not been impressive on their travels. They have decent attacking talent but a shocking defence. Their only chance of doing anything here is to score goals and be aggressive, there’s no way they will come here and park the bus anyway. It’s not Renard’s style and it doesn’t suit the strength of his team either. This has to be an open game IMO and I’m going to back the overs in it. It could be an end to end contest and I like the 2.5 line here. Prediction: Lyon 3-2 Sochaux Recommended bet: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 5/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th PSG, I just can never seem to get them right anymore. They played pretty crap really and some might even argue lucky to win outright 2-1. If Cavani had scored an easy chance in injury time, this bet would've covered. Sums up my luck in Ligue 1 recently, I just can't get a break. Hoping my 3 bets tonight win but I don't feel confident, luck isn't on my side right now.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th

PSG' date=' I just can never seem to get them right anymore. They played pretty crap really and some might even argue lucky to win outright 2-1. If Cavani had scored an easy chance in injury time, this bet would've covered. Sums up my luck in Ligue 1 recently, I just can't get a break. Hoping my 3 bets tonight win but I don't feel confident, luck isn't on my side right now.[/quote'] keep at it mate. I am in a downswing was well, but the luck will turn and all we can do it the results not affect us, learn from mistakes if any and not repeat them. To get to those lucky runs, we have to get through a barren patch. Keep positive. All a man can do is keep at it.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th whats up with sc bastia meatman? need your opinion,about this game. i think they can win this one, both teams are on the same level, sc bastia have no away win this season, but valenciennes are in a poor home form. One home win this season. I go with bastia +1 (1,80) sorry for my bad english

whats up with sc bastia meatman? need your opinion,about this game. i think they can win this one, both teams are on the same level, sc bastia have no away win this season, but valenciennes are in a poor home form. One home win this season. I go with bastia +1 (1,80) sorry for my bad english
I didn't have time to look into this match fully, but it never really interested me from a betting perspective anyway. My prediction is a scoring draw, something like 1-1. VA are shit at home but Bastia are shit away. In a case like this I'd rather side with the better team (which is Bastia) but Valenciennes really need 3 points here and just beat Monaco just before the winter break, so who knows. Good luck if you take Bastia

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Don't worry Meatman, in my little own, i have experienced these situations, with goals at 93' in offside making losing a bet, or Woods and other incredible things, but hard work will Always pay in the end. You are a master my friend

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Nantes – Lorient (14:00 cet) Nantes have a complete bill of health for this match with absolutely no injuries or suspensions. Lorient still have no1 GK Fabien Audard injured, but it isn’t that much of a downgrade for them anymore because Audard can be a liability sometimes. Lorient don’t really have any other fresh concerns and are generally in good condition. Thats one of the good things about assessing this match, both are pretty much at full strength so there are no major injuries or suspensions to cloud matters. It’s simply just a case of who plays best on the day, no excuses on either side. And for me, Nantes are the better of these two teams and deserving favourites here. This is a Brittany derby matchup and there is a natural rivalry between each side. Nantes have performed pretty well since getting promoted and coach Michel De Zakarian has done a great job. It’s no surprise because he’s one of the top coaching talents in Ligue 1 and is very shrewd tactically. He will get the absolute best out of his players and produce excellent gameplans. Nantes are playing at home in a 14:00 kick off so he’ll use this to his advantage. It’s a difficult start time for all teams in France, they hate playing this early in the day but Nantes have a 100% record in them so far this season. What’s even more impressive is that both wins have come away from home at fairly tough locations (Rennes & Bordeaux). This suggests they have great organisation to be ready for games like this. Lorient on the other hand have lost twice and drawn one match when kicking off at 14:00 Sunday which isn’t a good sign. FCL are a very predictable side, you know what you’re going to get with them in a 4-4-2 formation. It can be very effective against some teams but against a well coached unit who can prepare suitably, it can be easily repelled. Nantes have won 5 and lost 4 games at home this season, but all 4 defeats came against top sides so are excusable. Lorient usually struggle away from home and prefer their own artificial surface. They’ve won their last 3 on the road but victories against Montpellier, Evian and Ajaccio are hardly anything to write home about. They ended 2013 well unbeaten in 7 games but are due a loss now. I just rate Nantes as a better side and I give them the edge today. Happy to stake 4 units on them straight up. Prediction: Nantes 2-0 Lorient Recommended bet: Nantes -0.5 @ 2.15 4/10 Evian – Marseille (17:00 cet) Neither side are affected by injuries much here. Evian are at full strength with the exception of a few minor casualties. Left back Sabaly is rated as doubtful though and if he doesnt suit up then it’d be a blow, he’s been one of their better players this season. The other problem that Evian have here is that they played on Wednesday night away against St Etienne so could be a bit tired. They had to use up plenty of energy in that fixture and were chasing the ball around a lot at times. Marseille have had a full week of rest since their cup match with Reims last weekend and only have one player on the sidelines – Andre Ayew. Star stud playmaker Mathieu Valbuena returns to the squad, although probably won’t start here. Left back Jeremy Morel is also fit and returns, but he’s another likely to be benched. If Evian hadn’t played in midweek then I’d probably fancy them to cover on a +0.25 handicap here. Evian have a great 3-1-0 home record against the spread when they are a 0AH or bigger this season. Basically they prefer being underdogs and unfancied because when they are favoured they have yet to cover a single spread in front of their own fans. But having played in midweek could kill them here. We saw last night how St Etienne were sluggish and they are actually a decent team! For a side like Even it could spell real disaster and Marseille will have a big physical advantage, especially in the 2nd half. OM have also been able to prepare for this game all week whilst Evian have had to get themselves ready for two separate encounters, something they won’t be used to doing. So I actually think Marseille are going to win today, although I won’t back them at this price. They have yet to win a match inside 90 mins under new coach Jose Anigo. Nevertheless, they have twice come from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 under his management, so clearly he must be having some sort of positive effect on them. OM look very vulnerable defensively at the moment so will need to hope that their attack force can help propel them through here. I see this being a pretty open contest and it should contain numerous chances and a few goals. I said to myself that I wouldn’t keep backing overs due to my poor recent record on them but hey, you’ve gotta persist sometimes eh? Evian have the 3rd worst defensive record in Ligue 2 and only 1 team has conceded more home goals than them (Ajaccio). The strength of both sides is in attack and their weaknesses are currently at the back. Over 2.25 is therefore going to be the play for me. Prediction: Evian 1-2 Marseille Recommended bet: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.92 4/10

Damn irritating to have a goal disallowed ' date=' and a penalty missed by Rennes. Don't think Nice had a shot on goal[/quote'] Seemed a bit crazy did that game, 2 disallowed goals and 2 missed penalties? :loon I am feeling a bit more confident for today, I like the feel of both of my picks and I just sense a return to winning ways could be close.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Hi Meatman, Appreciate your effort and excellent write-ups. Not trying to be contrarian, just trying to add to the fantastic base that you create. Sometimes I am just not seeing what you are seeing ... Nantes v Lorient The form is a little odd here. Nantes having lost 3 of their last 4 at home while Lorient have won their last 3 away. Lorient are also finding some goal scoring away form scoring in 4 of 5 away games. SO Nantes to win is a big call, as it's a reversal of form. What is strange with these two teams is that neither has a drawn game (in 9 at home, or 10 away) The double chance odds are crap 1.35 . Not sure where to find advantage in 2 teams that don't draw games. Any suggestions on how to use this lack of draws ...? Evian v Marseille Marseille have been massively under 2.5 goals away from home. This season they are 7 of 10 under 2.5 goals and they are under 2.5 in 14 of their 17 away games. Defensively they have been pretty tough away, conceding a max of 2 goals just 3 times in 17 away games.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th I was really surprised Meatman didn t take Lille for home win. After Monaco lost points...Lille has the chance the second place. I saw the 2-2 in PSG and they looked really good. I think Lille will not blow this tonight

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 8th - 12th Im also on Lille tonight. They are so solid at the back and they somehow will always find the net. They played a mixture squad this werk and won easy 1-3. Pretty good potential upfront and a experienced midfield will seal the deal for them i guess. Reims is not bad but they lost against all top ranked teams away from home. Expect a similar result today. Full squad available for the home team and I will back them to keep a cleansheet with small stakes and medium stakes on the home win. Goodluck