** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup > January 4th & 5th

Aidymac

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th

Ozil trained today might play as a false 9 in tomorrows game
Isnt it more likely that Cazorla plays as an false 9 instead of Özil since he is a better finisher then Özil and he is a player just as Özil that got much creativty in his body (ofc not as much, but which CAM in the world has?)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt it more likely that Cazorla plays as an false 9 instead of Özil since he is a better finisher then Özil and he is a player just as Özil that got much creativty in his body (ofc not as much' date=' but which CAM in the world has?)[/quote'] Ozil has played for Germany a few times as a false 9 as far as I know. Cazorla is best when picking up the ball in deeper positions and helping the ball make that transition from defence to attack using his long range passing and dribbling ability. He played pretty much as a double pivot against Real for Malaga one year and was fantastic really. Some highlights are here if you're interested -
Cazorla can't pick a pass through a packed defence like Ozil, Fabregas, Xavi and even someone like Mata, his work is done better in the deeper areas. Cazorla posted his best numbers last season and most of his goals before he joined Arsenal were long range efforts. Ozil is far more productive when you put goals and assists together and plays his best football in the final third. He can also hold up the ball and his movement brings others into play rather than coming short most of the time, a very underrated trait. I don't think Cazorla is suited to the false 9 role at all but it would certainly be interesting to see how Ozil would do up front with two wide forwards either side. With Bendtner out and Giroud most likely missing too it could be worth a shot after how poor Podolski was through the middle midweek. Walcott is another option but he's performing really well in that wide role where he does not need to be the main man in attack. It's going to be interesting to see who Wenger plays up front but it will certainly be a strong side.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th 3pts Tottenham to beat Arsenal 14/5 Bet365 Arsenal’s injury crisis presents them with a bit of a problem and that isn’t ideal. Tottenham are showing good form at the minute and their confidence will be sky high after their win at Old Trafford on Wednesday. Tim Sherwood has them attacking a lot more and they seem to be enjoying themselves too which is a positive. Arsenal are never easy to beat but you get the feeling with a lack of a genuine goal threat aside from Walcott, this could be Spurs’ time. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-tottenham-betting-spurs-can-continue-their-resurgence-under-tim-sherwood-at-the-emirates

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Watford will be without as many as 10 players for the game. Striker Fernando Forestieri (knee), defender Davide Faraoni (ankle), Ikechi Anya (groin) and fellow wing-back Daniel Pudil (hamstring) are all ruled out at Ashton Gate. Long-term absentees Almen Abdi (foot), Essaid Belkalem and Tommie Hoban (all ankle) also continue to remain on the sidelines.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th A few numbers to consider. In my 5.5-year database of huge public favorites, away teams favored by a -1.5 HC (and supported by 90% of bets, roughly) have played 1-5 to the unders in FA and League Cups. I wouldn't touch the overs in Blackburn. Home favorites on a 1.5 HC are the opposite...always lots of overs. Everton-QPR fits for the moment, but I'll wait until before kickoff.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Villa V Sheffield United Both to score @ 1.8 - bet365. Villa almost always concede in the cup against anyone. They've only had five games in their last twenty-four cup games where both sides have failed to score, and you'd have to think United will give it a go here. Villa have Ron Vlaar out so will be vulnerable in defence, and Paul Lambert's comments about the FA Cup won't inspire much confidence. Sheffield United seem to have turned their season around and have only lost once in their last eight games. They aren't as susceptible as they were earlier in the season. Barnsley V Coventry (0) @ 2.05 - bet365. You have to like Coventry here don't you? They've been outstanding in the league, and would be in the playoffs if it weren't for their points deduction. There really is little between these two sides and it's very likely they'll both be in League One next season. Coventry have scored eleven in their last five away fixtures and have a far better goal supremacy than Barnsley, who are struggling for form and goals. With only two scored in their last five home fixtures and three in their last five home and away fixtures I fancy Coventry to come out on top. Kidderminster V Peterborough @ 1.95 - bet365. This game comes at a nice time for Peterborough and a bad one for the Harriers as they have playoff aims, but lately they've really gone off the boil. They've lost four of their last five and conceded fourteen in the process. What excites me the most is that at home they're just so poor defensively, they've conceded ten in their last five home fixtures. Kidderminster have only kept two clean sheets at home all season too, way back in September. Peterborough have had a bit of a topsy turvy season, but although they've lost their last three, oddly I still think they've recaptured a bit of a spark they had at the start of the season. They should find it very easy to create chances here and Peterborough know where the back of the net is.

Ozil trained today might play as a false 9 in tomorrows game
Correct, it's likely Padolski will play up top and Ozil should play if fit. I can't see this game being a dull 0-0. Goals were always a given prior to AVB rocking up at White Hart Lane, and I can see that returning to form here. Arsenal and Spurs both have their fare share of absentees, and both look vulnerable defensively to me. Sherwood will put them out to play attack minded 4-4-2 that's for sure.

Villa V Sheffield United Both to score @ 1.8 - bet365. Sheffield United seem to have turned their season around and have only lost once in their last eight games. They aren't as susceptible as they were earlier in the season.
Yeah they probably lost that game due to focusing on this one. Motivation for me is always the first thing I look at and we should see a difference between the 2 sides tonight in that sense. I think a fully motivated and proud Malaga always has a chance of taking something off a lazy unmotivated and indifferent Real Madrid. Obviously different circumstances but point is motivation can bridge the quality gap in games and this gap isn't that big either.

Re: FA Cup > Saturday January 4th 2014

I've had a look down and think these teams might be some value at current odds. This is largely based on recent shots on target stats which can be a guide to true form. At this stage, these aren't tips, but ideas ... Saturday A Villa v Sheff Utd Sheff Utd @ 9.0 Brighton v Reading Brighton @ 2.2 Doncaster v Stevenage Stevenage @ 4.9 Everton v QPR QPR @ 10.0 Wigan v MK Dons MK Dons @ 5.0 Yeovil v Leyton Orient Orient @ 3.1 Sunday Nottingham Forest v West Ham Forest @ 2.5 Sunderland v Carlisle Carlisle @ 11.0
I've decided not to place any bets pre-match, but will try to follow SOME of these in-play (always hard to follow a lot of games in-play though, so it will be most effective when only ONE game is being played, e.g. Forest v West Ham on Sunday 12.00 kickoff)

Callum Wilson is out for 4-6 weeks and Dagnall has returned to Barnsely (cant play though). So Cov will just have Leon Clarke up front. As bad as they are, Im inclined to play Barnsley DNB. Jordan Clarke (21 apps) and Fleck (23 apps) face late fitness tests, and defender Seaborne (5 apps), and midfielder Conor Thomas (23 apps) are definitely out for Cov. Im just waiting to see if Brek Shea gets clearance from Stoke to play for Barnsley. Barnsley Manager Danny Wilson's comments.... Wilson stressed that the FA Cup is not a time to experiment. “We’ll be fielding the strongest side we can because the Cup is important. “It’s important for the income, but it’s important to get a win in front of our fans. That will give us a bit of confidence to take into the league programme. “We’ve had an intense period which has been difficult, but Coventry will be a good challenge for us. We need a bit of a spark because it’s been difficult because we’re not winning games.”
Agreed, Barnsley -0.25 the bet here. Coventry have a very small squad and these missing players will be replaced by kids. I expect Barnsley to start picking up soon under Wilson and think they'll win today.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Arsenal - Tottenham. Arsenal to score over 2.5 and 3.5 Goals 5/2 & 8/1 respectively B 365. In the past Tottenham Hotspur have arrived at Arsenal ready to do battle, only to come away with a bloody nose on most occasions. Spurs are what the Brazilian's describe as "Customers" of Arsenal. I accept that Arsenal are missing some key players but will still be a force to be reckoned with in anyone's book. Tottenham are having a rather bright spell under the new management of Tim Sherwood, but if anyone witnessed their games against Southampton, WBA and Man Utd, they'd be amazed that Spurs do not have at least another 7 or 8 in the goals against column. You cannot have it both ways, if you are going to play gung-ho attacking football, your defence will suffer. West Brom and Man Utd failed to seize the numerous opportunities presented to them by the shaky Tottenham defence. Arsenal will be hungry to exploits such errors against their arch enemy.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th A few short price lays are the order of the day for me... Lay Man City @ 1.34 Betfair I just can't justify such a short price for a prem team away at a decent championship club. Yes City have a great squad but Pellegrini is likely to rest a number of players after a busy schedule and you have to wonder how motivated his side will be. They are still in the league cup, champions league and on course for the title. I just can't see their players busting a gut to win this match on what is a cold, wet , windy and miserable day. Blackburn on the other hand should be bang up for it. For what they may lack in quality they should make up for in effort in winning all thosen50/50's. I don't think it's out of the question for Rovers to squeeze a draw here and Man City are worth opposing at a price that is too short in my opinion.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Lay Southampton @ 1.56 Betfair After a great start Saints have started to tail off and I think they are a tad short here. In theIr favour they are safely placed in the league so they should take the cup seriously. But Burnley will be no pushovers and this season they are proving a tough nut to crack. You wouldn't think Dyche would be too bothered about the cup but I don't think it's in his or the teams character to just roll over. ObviouslymSouthampton are favourites to win this but I think the Clarets have a better chance of earning some sort of result than the odds suggest.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Lay Newcastle @ 1.67 Betfair I think Pardew will be tempted to rest a few in this match and their odds look a bit short regardless. With a new manager at the helm you would think Cardiff will be desperate to get some sort of a result so Solskjaer gets off to a good start. It's a long old journey for the 'bluebirds' up to Newcastle but I fancy their chances of earning a replay.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Tottenham DNB 7/4 Paddypower Arsenal missing some key players and actually haven't been performing as late. Spurs are on a great run of form at the moment and I believe our incentive to win this game will be far higher than Arsenals aswell. It's looking like Adebayor is set to play as well so I will also take Adebayor to score anytime 12/5 Paddypower as he has scored in his last 2 visits to the Emirates with Tottenham and is in better form now than he has at any point in his Spurs career.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Surely man city are going to come out easy winners in this tie. Look at the difference in quality in the sides. Pellegrini has named a strong side with both Garcia and Milner in midfield to keep midfield tight and stop Blackburn counter attacking. Man city will come out flying first half and should win 1st half comfortably. Robinson is not good enough to keep negredo, dzeko, silva and fernandinho at bay. 1st half handicap -1 man city 12/5 bet365 Silva to score two or more 9/1 bet365 Handicap -2 man city 15/8 bet365 confident with the handicaps, GL

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Blackburn Rovers - Manchester City * This will be the third game Blackburn and Manchester City in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Prior to this the Citizens won both meetings (in 1914 and 1934) * Manchester City won the previous three games against Blackburn in all competitions without conceding a single goal and scoring a total of eight goals * Blackburn won 10 of the last 11 home matches in the 3rd round of the FA Cup seven times keeping clean sheets * Blackburn have lost only one match out of four previous in the FA Cup against teams from the Premier League (+2=1). Last season, managed to beat Arsenal with a minimum score of 1:0 Everton v QPR * QPR has won only one of the previous eight away games in all competitions (= 4-3) * QPR has lost the last 7 cup matches against teams from a higher division Middlesbrough - Hull City * Hull City lost seven of their last eight away games with Middlesbrough in all competitions, never winning * Middlesbrough is not winning in FA Cup v teams of Premier League 5 games in a row (= 1-4) * Last time Middlesbrough was able to beat in the FA Cup a Premier League representative back in 2009, when played in the top division * Hull City received goal in each of the last 10 matches of the FA Cup

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th I agree, does not look like a public bet. Team despite not playing bad results well at home, especially the last two league games against Burnley and B'gham. Wigan in recent seasons cups seriously and treat them well they played. Guests give their team a home field, in away game to the medium. In the midst of this round Wigan looks the most realistic and cost-effectively. Wigan 1,75 in my local 6/10 GL

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Aston Villa - Sheffield United * Aston Villa won 7 of the last 10 games against Sheffield United in all competitions without losing even once * Villa won 4 of the 5 previous cup matches against Sheffield United , losing in the other * Sheffield United lost the last 5 cup matches against teams from a higher division * In eight previous Cup matches against teams from the country's higher division Sheffield United scored only three goals * Beginning in 2009, Aston Villa won all six home matches in the FA Cup , in five of them scoring at least three goals Newcastle - Cardiff City * Newcastle won the last three games against Cardiff City * This season, Newcastle and Cardiff have played with each other and then the Magpies won 2-1 thanks Loic Remy double * Over the past 11 years, Cardiff City had reached the 4th round of the FA Cup only 3 times Norwich City - Fulham * Norwich have not won any of their last 13 matches against Fulham in all competitions (= 3-10) * Fulham lost 8 of the last 10 away games in all competitions , winning the other two , including in Norwich 2:1 * Fulham striker Clint Dempsey scored six goals in the last four matches of the FA Cup WBA - Crystal Palace * Crystal Palace won only one of 9 previous meetings of the FA Cup against teams from the same division (= 1-7) * Over the past 7 years, West Bromwich 5 times reached the 4th round of the FA Cup * In the last seven matches of the FA Cup West Brom striker Shane Long scored five goals Wigan - MK Dons * Over the past 26 years Wigan once managed to reach the 4th round of the FA Cup, it happened last season, when Letiks became holders of the trophy * Wigan last season became the first team , which won the FA Cup , relegated to Division below (from the Premier League to the Championship) * This will be the first game between Wigan and Milton Keynes Dons * Wigan have won just two of nine previous home games in all competitions (= 4-3) * MK Dons won only 4 of 14 away games this season (=2-8) Southampton - Burnley * The only meeting of these teams in the FA Cup was held in 1908, when Southampton won in the 1st round of the tournament 2-1 * Southampton won 13 and the last 16 FA Cup matches against teams from lower divisions (=2-1) Stoke City - Leicester * Stoke have lost only one of their last five games against Leicester in all competitions (+2=2) * Stoke City has won 7 of the previous 9 FA Cup matches against teams from lower divisions without losing even once * Leicester won only one match out of the FA Cup last 6 against teams from the Premier League (=2-3) * In the last 9 matches between Stoke and Leicester in all competitions guest team has never won

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th ugh

• 30 Pantilimon
  • 38 Boyata
  • 22 Clichy
  • 25 Fernandinho
  • 06 Lescott
  • 33 Nastasic
  • 07 Milner
  • 14 Javi García
  • 10 Dzeko
  • 09 Negredo
  • 21 Silva
  • I was expecting a weaker 11 by Pellegrini. This one should be just too much for Blackburn. Dzeko - Negredo and Silva trio should be able to score three goals alone.

Man City -1.5 @1.85 and Over 3.25 goals @1.94 both bets taken from Sbobet with the same stakes. Good luck!

Leeds are a class above (actually two leagues) and are having a good season in the championship, however they have slowed down in recent weeks with no win in their last 4 league games. Rochdale are in OK form and are doing well in league two this season. They have a solid record at home this season too with 9 wins a draw and only 3 losses out of 13 home games. I feel this is a hard game to call TBH as it's hard to call what team Leeds will field (striker Ross McCormack is likely to miss the game with a hamstring injury) and whether they will be more focused on promotion, although they do have a weeks rest after this game to recover. I actually think Rochdale (DNB) @ 7/4 with Bet365 could represent some good value.
I’ll follow you… Rochdale manager Keith Hill told BBC: They're an excellent Championship side and it's going to be a difficult task, but it's no way impossible. "We've probably got to be at our very best and probably play the games of our lives, but we're capable of doing it. "We've played some marvellous football this season, especially at home, and I don't see why we have to go into this game with fear. Respect - yes - for Brian [McDermott] and his team, but no fear."

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th TEAM NEWS - Aston Villa v Sheffield United (1500 GMT) Aston Villa make three changes to their side to face Sheffield United. Jed Steer comes in for Brad Guzxan in goal, but Christian Benteke and Andreas Weimann are up front. Aston Villa starting XI: Steer, Lowton, Clark ©, Baker, Luna, Westwood, Bacuna, Weimann, Delph, Albrighton, Benteke

A few numbers to consider. In my 5.5-year database of huge public favorites, away teams favored by a -1.5 HC (and supported by 90% of bets, roughly) have played 1-5 to the unders in FA and League Cups. I wouldn't touch the overs in Blackburn. Home favorites on a 1.5 HC are the opposite...always lots of overs. Everton-QPR fits for the moment, but I'll wait until before kickoff.
No plays...support on Everton has tailed off and I would think unders are marked the way QPR approach games.

Agreed' date=' Barnsley -0.25 the bet here. Coventry have a very small squad and these missing players will be replaced by kids. I expect Barnsley to start picking up soon under Wilson and think they'll win today.[/quote'] Coventry team to face Barnsley - Murphy, Adams, Webster, Willis, Christie, Moussa, Fleck, Daniels, Baker, Clarke, Slager Coventry signed 20 year old Dutch striker Daniel Slager to partner Leon Cort up front and he goes straight into the side today. To say they're playing kids is misleading :unsure No Shea for Barnsley either.

Man City -1.5 @1.85 and Over 3.25 goals @1.94 both bets taken from Sbobet with the same stakes. Good luck!
Great start, bloody City cunts. Even Toure and Navas weren't enough! This Milner should play for Stevenage!

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th #AFC XI v Tottenham: Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla, Gnabry, Walcott. Spurs XI: Lloris - Walker Dawson Chiriches Rose - Lennon Bentaleb Dembele Eriksen - Adebayor Soldado #THFC

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Could have been a very high scoring game already. But as long as I am on Arsenal PK that's pretty satisfying score for me. It is still amazing to see, how badly Arsenal improved their transition defense. Very hard to find a proper hole in their defensive setup during a counter-attack against them. I really like their chances for a sucessful championship run if they will continue this type of football they are playing right now. Let's go Gunners :)