** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Arsenal v Olympique Marseille > Tuesday November 26th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Olympique Marseille (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Arsenal v Olympique Marseille > Tuesday November 26th "Marseille have concerns over key players ahead of their London clash with Arsenal . Forward Andre-Pierre Gignac has a rib injury while playmaker Mathieu Valbuena has a hip injury. Tunisian forward Saber Khalifa is a doubt while striker André Ayew is out until the new year as he faces knee injury picked up while on Ghana duty this week." one thing is to let your players enjoy and play in CL, another thing, is to save injuries and energy, if you struggling in your league and you need all your focus prioritized. + knowing that arsenal will go trough hell and fire to win this game, you wouldn`t like place out team who will more likely will be damaged morally after. i would say, marseille gave a go last time out at napoli, but they coming to emirates simply because for fixture. don`t expect neither any motivation, neither a strong team for 90 minutes. on other hand, arsenal know, that in this group, goal difference might be crucial. arsenal are level above in any dimension for this game. arsenal - 2 @ 2.87 with paddypower, 13 % of my betting fund, and small cover bet, correct score 2 - 0 @ 6 with paddypower , 2 % of my betting fund...

Re: Arsenal v Olympique Marseille > Tuesday November 26th

Yes but in the likelyhood of 3 teams tied upfront with 3-0-3 goal dif may come into ecuation. ....am i right ?
Yes if Dortmund win their next two games and Arsenal beat Marseille and lost to Napoli in their last match, all 3 teams will end up with 12 pts. Goal difference will be taken into account, not head to head. Head to head only applies to two teams with the same points.

Yes if Dortmund win their next two games and Arsenal beat Marseille and lost to Napoli in their last match' date=' all 3 teams will end up with 12 pts. Goal difference will be taken into account, not head to head. Head to head only applies to two teams with the same points.[/quote'] In that case only goal difference between teams in question will be considered. Matches against Marseille will not be taken into account.

Re: Arsenal v Olympique Marseille > Tuesday November 26th 1 Higher number of points obtained in the matches between the teams in question 2 Superior goal difference from the matches between the teams in question 3 Higher number of goals scored away from home in the matches between the teams in question 4 Superior goal difference from all group matches played 5 Higher number of goals scored 6 Coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons mnjaaa... seems goals between marseile games will count only in case if dortmund beat napoli with result 2 - 1 and napoli beat arsenal with result 2 - 0 to deside 2nd position between napoli and arsenal anyway, my bet is done, only thing what can ruin me now is like Savicolicis says 3 - 1 :D

Re: Arsenal v Olympique Marseille > Tuesday November 26th French Football is not 'unbelievably poor' PSG have done well in Europe this year,Monaco beat Tottenham pre-season.Marseille doing badly,but they aren't in the French top 3 and they put up a fight at Napoli with nothing but pride at stake.I 'm not French BTW.

French Football is not 'unbelievably poor' PSG have done well in Europe this year' date='Monaco beat Tottenham pre-season.Marseille doing badly,but they aren't in the French top 3 and they put up a fight at Napoli with nothing but pride at stake.I 'm not French BTW.[/quote'] He says without the petrodollars so I agree with him. Only good teams in French football are PSG and Monaco. Other French team are poor like the Eredivisie for example. Arsenal should win this easy.

Re: Arsenal v Olympique Marseille > Tuesday November 26th Actually, as odds for Marseille are now 19.00 at Bet365, I think that there is value trying the surprise here with low stakes. Marseille is not some third tier team to be valued at 19.00 and by no means Arsenal is near the quality of the European giants - Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich to be given such an unbelievable advantage at home. Of course, they started the season very well and top the Premiership, but to some extent this is due to the fact that Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea started slowly this season. Despite the good start, one of the poorest Man Utd sides in the last 10 years managed to easily overcome them. Therefore, I think that given the value I will try with Marseille. Marseille WIN @ 19.00 Bet365

Re: Arsenal v Olympique Marseille > Tuesday November 26th 4pts Arsenal (-1) to beat Marseille 3/4 Boylesports I can’t see beyond Arsenal in this match and given that Marseille may well be playing their youngsters or their reserves I would expect to see the Premier League leaders win this with a bit in hand. They know they have to win this game because they wouldn’t want to be going to Napoli needing to win so that can focus their minds and make sure they do a bit of a job on Marseille here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-marseille-betting-arsenal-can-take-a-step-nearer-the-last-16-with-easy-win-over-marseille

Surely worth a punt for Aaron Ramsey to score anytime. The man in form has scored 5 goals in 6 CL matches and surely would want to add up to the scoreline today. Bet 365 @ 2.625 3/10 (Any time scorer) And a 1/10 stakes on Ramsey to score first 6/1 @ Bet 365
2.625 are shitty odds for someone like Ramsey to score a goal.

I wager that Arsenal will win with +1 goal difference (1.60). On the same coupon I've put Napoli to score a goal (1.48) and both Wolves and Tranmere to score a goal (1.87). A total of 4.43.
Try to put up your selections before the team you bet on go 1-0 up in future please. And also quote a bookmaker with your prices.

"Marseille have concerns over key players ahead of their London clash with Arsenal . Forward Andre-Pierre Gignac has a rib injury while playmaker Mathieu Valbuena has a hip injury. Tunisian forward Saber Khalifa is a doubt while striker André Ayew is out until the new year as he faces knee injury picked up while on Ghana duty this week." one thing is to let your players enjoy and play in CL, another thing, is to save injuries and energy, if you struggling in your league and you need all your focus prioritized. + knowing that arsenal will go trough hell and fire to win this game, you wouldn`t like place out team who will more likely will be damaged morally after. i would say, marseille gave a go last time out at napoli, but they coming to emirates simply because for fixture. don`t expect neither any motivation, neither a strong team for 90 minutes. on other hand, arsenal know, that in this group, goal difference might be crucial. arsenal are level above in any dimension for this game. arsenal - 2 @ 2.87 with paddypower, 13 % of my betting fund, and small cover bet, correct score 2 - 0 @ 6 with paddypower , 2 % of my betting fund...
ffs.... 5 one one misses.... some 5 counter breaks wasted, penalty missed.....arsenal in a training are less sleepy.... at least 2 - 0 correct score got me price for drink tonight... grrrrrrrrr

I know Marseille are out already, but these odds are just too long. They might well relax and play better without pressure - Marseille +1.5 1.97 188Bet
Result: Arsenal 2 Marseille 0 Bet lost From what I saw, Arsenal probably deserved to win by 2 goals. Marseille had a few chances near the end, but Arsenal dominated the game and chances.