Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th Marseille – Sochaux OM welcome back CB Lucas Mendes from injury here but he might only be fit enough to start from the bench. Left back Jeremy Morel is doubtful so Benjamin Mendy will probably get the nod in this position. Left winger Andre Ayew is suspended again which is an obvious blow. OM played on Wednesday night in the CL away against Napoli, but few changes are expected in the line-up here. This could be to detrimental effect because OM aren’t renowned as quick recoverers from European games. They put a lot of effort into the Napoli encounter and considering it was only 4 days ago, there could be fitness and fatigue issues. Sochaux winger Thomas Guerbert is probably done for the year with a broken leg, but on a positive note striker Mayuka is back. Petrus Boumal is suspended which means Julien Faussurier will probably fill in on the left hand side of defence. The pressure is all totally on OM here. This is a must win game for Elie Baup otherwise he’ll surely be sacked. He’ been hanging onto his job for a while now and OM have stayed patient, but failure here would surely be the end of him. In theory, OM should be able to win because Sochaux represent a favourable matchup, but its not as simple as that. The visitors have already looked much better under the management of new coach Herve Renard. He’s smart, tactical, motivational and I’m sure he’ll have a decent gameplan for today’s match. OM are often flat following a European game which is another factor in Sochaux’s favour. Their natural instinct is to attack but they showed last week they are maybe capable of better defensive performances as they comfortably shutout St Etienne. The problem Renard and Sochaux have is lack of ability though. He can only work with the tools he’s got at his disposal, and defensively they’ve been shocking away all year. In just 6 away games, Les Lionceaux have conceded a whopping 15 times. The likes of Payet, Valbuena, Thauvin and Gignac (if given a chance!) should in theory be able to have their way against this Sochaux backline. But if the visitors can somehow make themselves difficult to penetrate, the pressure will really pile up on OM. The home crowd will immediately get on their backs if they don’t lead early on, and if Sochaux score first I can only imagine the terrible negative reaction that’ll be heard! I’m struggling to predict here, this is definitely a match I’m going to avoid in terms of match bets. OM could emerge as easy winners but I’m not willing to risk anything on them under current circumstances. This is another game where I like to get involved with cards though. Both teams average roughly 2 per game but the key factor to note here is the referee. Ruddy Buquet is in charge and he’s a serial cardist who often loses control of matches. He’s shown a whopping 37 yellows and 4 reds in just 7 fixtures this season! Over 40 booking points @ this price looks very generous to me. Prediction: Marseille 2-1 Sochaux Recommended bet: Card index over 40 points @ 1.90 Paddy Power 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th St Etienne – Lyon Sainte don’t really have any important injuries to note of, but they have a couple of guys suspended. CB Kurt Zouma is out of action for 10 games after breaking Thomas Guerbert’s leg last week (very harsh but its what you expect with the LFP). Midfielder Fabien Lemoine is also banned again. Both of these guys will be missed, but fortunately St Etienne do have decent depth in defence and midfield. Suddenly out of nowhere, Lyon are at virtual full strength. Young keeper Anthony Lopes is out for the rest of the season, but fortunately they welcome back Remy Vetcoutre from his long term absence. The likes of Gonalons, Kone and Gourcuff who have all been out recently are also included in the squad. Lyon rested a lot of players for their midweek Europa League game, so that match against Rijeka will have virtually no effect on them at all. For those of you who aren’t aware, this is a massive derby game and probably the 2nd biggest hate fixture in France behind OM – PSG. This is a derby which Lyon have DOMINATED in the last 20 years. St Etienne have only beaten them once in this timeframe and failed to claim a single victory at home facing Les Gones since 1994. I’m not someone who is ever usually influenced by H2Hs, but this is a rare instance where it has to be factored in. Lyon ALWAYS raise their game for this contest without fail, no matter what their current circumstances are. That’s especially the case here at Le Stade Geoffroy Guichard where they’ve won on all of their last 6 visits. It is absolutely staggering how much success they’ve had in this fixture. At the moment, St Etienne are probably the slightly better team, but with only 1 win in their last 7, recent form is hardly impressive. Lyon are of course are having a poor season and are currently situated in 15th spot. They did at least win last week though and beat Guingamp 2-0. Lyon’s main problem this year has been injuries and suspensions. But for once, Remi Garde has a virtual full squad to choose from, suddenly they are looking in much better condition. This is definitely Lyon’s ‘superbowl’ fixture of the season so far. A victory against their arch rivals would really help settle everyone down and they have clearly put all of their eggs into this basket. St Etienne always mentally choke facing Lyon, they are often flat, nervous and the crowd feeds off this too. I can’t get away from backing Lyon +0.25 here. For some reason the public loves Sainte in this fixture but there isnt a lot of difference between the two sides. Lyon are now back at full strength and should play much better. Prediction: St Etienne 1-2 Lyon Recommended bet: Lyon +0.25 @ 2.17 3/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th

St Etienne – Lyon Sainte don’t really have any important injuries to note of, but they have a couple of guys suspended. CB Kurt Zouma is out of action for 10 games after breaking Thomas Guerbert’s leg last week (very harsh but its what you expect with the LFP). Midfielder Fabien Lemoine is also banned again. Both of these guys will be missed, but fortunately St Etienne do have decent depth in defence and midfield. Suddenly out of nowhere, Lyon are at virtual full strength. Young keeper Anthony Lopes is out for the rest of the season, but fortunately they welcome back Remy Vetcoutre from his long term absence. The likes of Gonalons, Kone and Gourcuff who have all been out recently are also included in the squad. Lyon rested a lot of players for their midweek Europa League game, so that match against Rijeka will have virtually no effect on them at all. For those of you who aren’t aware, this is a massive derby game and probably the 2nd biggest hate fixture in France behind OM – PSG. This is a derby which Lyon have DOMINATED in the last 20 years. St Etienne have only beaten them once in this timeframe and failed to claim a single victory at home facing Les Gones since 1994. I’m not someone who is ever usually influenced by H2Hs, but this is a rare instance where it has to be factored in. Lyon ALWAYS raise their game for this contest without fail, no matter what their current circumstances are. That’s especially the case here at Le Stade Geoffroy Guichard where they’ve won on all of their last 6 visits. It is absolutely staggering how much success they’ve had in this fixture. At the moment, St Etienne are probably the slightly better team, but with only 1 win in their last 7, recent form is hardly impressive. Lyon are of course are having a poor season and are currently situated in 15th spot. They did at least win last week though and beat Guingamp 2-0. Lyon’s main problem this year has been injuries and suspensions. But for once, Remi Garde has a virtual full squad to choose from, suddenly they are looking in much better condition. This is definitely Lyon’s ‘superbowl’ fixture of the season so far. A victory against their arch rivals would really help settle everyone down and they have clearly put all of their eggs into this basket. St Etienne always mentally choke facing Lyon, they are often flat, nervous and the crowd feeds off this too. I can’t get away from backing Lyon +0.25 here. For some reason the public loves Sainte in this fixture but there isnt a lot of difference between the two sides. Lyon are now back at full strength and should play much better. Prediction: St Etienne 1-2 Lyon Recommended bet: Lyon +0.25 @ 2.17 3/10
Again, very good job meatman, but what is your opinion on BBTS and Over 2.5 ...?

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th Meatman, I will follow your tip on Marseille v Sochaux - over 40 points Card Index and to have a nice double I added a risky over 2,5 goals in St. Etienne v Lyon just because St. Etienne's last 4 home games produced quite a few goals (2-2 against PSG, 3-2 against Lorient, 2-2 against Bastia and 1-2 against Toulouse). I know it's a big derby and things can be different on this occasions but hopefully it will be an open game with goals in it. :D Marseille v Sochaux - over 40 points Index card @10/11 [PaddyPower] St. Etienne v Lyon - over 2,5 goals [PaddyPower]

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th Especially for fans of statistics in football Kav continues to publish interesting facts about the opposition statistics in the French Division. Saint Etienne - Lyon - Lyon has not lost away to St Etienne in 14 matches in a row (+8 =6), winning six previous meetings ; - Saint-Etienne won only one of the last 28 games against Lyon (= 11-17) ; - In the last 17 meetings against Lyon, Saint - Etienne failed to score more than one goal ; - Saint-Etienne won only one of seven previous matches (= 3-3) ; - Lyon lost the last four away games in the championship ; - St Etienne have lost only one home game of the last 15 (+9 = 5); - Hamuma (Saint-Etienne) participated in 47 % of goals Saint - Etienne in Ligue 1 this season (5 goals and 3 assists) - Alexander Lacazette (Lyon) scored 5 goals in 10 games this season , repeating its own record set in 2011/12 when in 29 games he scored 5 goals

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th Looking at the St. Etienne v Lyon Game give a FreeBee here The numbers for a high scoring game here are overwhelming.... Both teams have been over 2.5 in their last 4 home (st. Etienne) and 4 away (lyon) games. Lyon have been over in 5 of 6 away, and 11/15 away St Etienne over in 11 of 15 at home. In 15 home games St Etienne have failed to score just once. In 15 away games Lyon have failed to score just once. St Etienne have been over 3.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 home games. In 6 home games , there has been just 1 0-0|1-0|0-1 for St Etienne while Lyon away have not had any of those scorelines in 6 away. In 10 away games Lyon have had BTTS 8 times, while St Etienne have BTTS in their last 4 home games. This is not a great Lyon team. They are ordinary, probably a decent Europa league team, but miles away from the teams of 5 years ago. One other factor... ST Etienne have given up 9 goals in their last 5 games, scoring 10. I could go on, but I'm getting tired of writing:) The only negative here is the H2H record with 5 of the last 6 similar fixtures going under 2.5 goals. Over 2.5 goals 4 units for me ... odds of 2-1 bet365 2.05 betvictor

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th OM won...albeit barely thanks to a lucky penalty call. Sadly only 1 yellow card in the whole match, which was shown as late as the 87th minute. This was pretty amazing considering who was the referee, but the players just never gave him a chance to wave his cards. There were no heated incidents, all tackling was remarkably clean and the game just never 'kicked off' I personally counted at most 3 booking opportunities. I'm pretty stunned but this is football sometimes, both teams kept their discipline really well. Real shame because Buquet LOVES to give cards for any half decent reason, but they never gave him much of an opportunity.

St Etienne – Lyon Sainte don’t really have any important injuries to note of, but they have a couple of guys suspended. CB Kurt Zouma is out of action for 10 games after breaking Thomas Guerbert’s leg last week (very harsh but its what you expect with the LFP). Midfielder Fabien Lemoine is also banned again. Both of these guys will be missed, but fortunately St Etienne do have decent depth in defence and midfield. Suddenly out of nowhere, Lyon are at virtual full strength. Young keeper Anthony Lopes is out for the rest of the season, but fortunately they welcome back Remy Vetcoutre from his long term absence. The likes of Gonalons, Kone and Gourcuff who have all been out recently are also included in the squad. Lyon rested a lot of players for their midweek Europa League game, so that match against Rijeka will have virtually no effect on them at all. For those of you who aren’t aware, this is a massive derby game and probably the 2nd biggest hate fixture in France behind OM – PSG. This is a derby which Lyon have DOMINATED in the last 20 years. St Etienne have only beaten them once in this timeframe and failed to claim a single victory at home facing Les Gones since 1994. I’m not someone who is ever usually influenced by H2Hs, but this is a rare instance where it has to be factored in. Lyon ALWAYS raise their game for this contest without fail, no matter what their current circumstances are. That’s especially the case here at Le Stade Geoffroy Guichard where they’ve won on all of their last 6 visits. It is absolutely staggering how much success they’ve had in this fixture. At the moment, St Etienne are probably the slightly better team, but with only 1 win in their last 7, recent form is hardly impressive. Lyon are of course are having a poor season and are currently situated in 15th spot. They did at least win last week though and beat Guingamp 2-0. Lyon’s main problem this year has been injuries and suspensions. But for once, Remi Garde has a virtual full squad to choose from, suddenly they are looking in much better condition. This is definitely Lyon’s ‘superbowl’ fixture of the season so far. A victory against their arch rivals would really help settle everyone down and they have clearly put all of their eggs into this basket. St Etienne always mentally choke facing Lyon, they are often flat, nervous and the crowd feeds off this too. I can’t get away from backing Lyon +0.25 here. For some reason the public loves Sainte in this fixture but there isnt a lot of difference between the two sides. Lyon are now back at full strength and should play much better. Prediction: St Etienne 1-2 Lyon Recommended bet: Lyon +0.25 @ 2.17 3/10
Want to be the first to congratulate MEATMAN. Another incredible score prediction and write up for this game. Will be following for the rest if the season.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th

Oh my god meatman are you some unbelievable predictor or what? I watched full game and in second half there where 1 chance at the beginning that Lyon took. From that point complete dominance by Etienne and with 1-1 on table, last minute of added time and there is that one last opportunity for Lyon, great cross from Gourcuff and 2-1. UNBELIEVABLE. It makes even more sense because I took Lyon clean win.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 8th - 10th A lot of luck there....but somehow something ALWAYS goes wrong for St Etienne in this fixture. There have been numerous late goals in it against them. I take little pleasure from this win though as I don't like Lyon at all and always had a soft spot for Sainte. Business is business though nevertheless.

A lot of luck there....but somehow something ALWAYS goes wrong for St Etienne in this fixture. There have been numerous late goals in it against them. I take little pleasure from this win though as I don't like Lyon at all and always had a soft spot for Sainte. Business is business though nevertheless.
Meatman on fire! Well done mate!:thumbup: Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2