** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Arsenal (16:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th That Arsenal price should take a hammering. We could go through a million aspects of this game but the obvious one for me is (similar to what I said last week about the Liverpool game), Man Utd look wanting right in the middle of the midfield where in my opinion they don't have the "right type" of players to dictate tempo, hold possession and control a match. This is the same area where Arsenal have an embarrassment of riches and Wenger every game must decide who misses out. Alot of EPL sides would love to have just one of these Arsenal mids in their squad. I also think overall Arsenal are at a much more advanced phase of their development where as Man U are still figuring many things out.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th Very surprised at the ridiculously high odds of Arsenal given their amazing run of form. To be able to beat Dortmund at their home ground is an incredibly amazing feat no matter how you look at it. Does anyone actually think they can beat United? Still in a dilemma over this.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th

Very surprised at the ridiculously high odds of Arsenal given their amazing run of form. To be able to beat Dortmund at their home ground is an incredibly amazing feat no matter how you look at it. Does anyone actually think they can beat United? Still in a dilemma over this.
As an Arsenal supporter I think they can, but since they have a 5 point lead I don't see them going all out attack and can see this one ending in a draw.

Arsenal have some squad problems and I can't see that they will be able to field a strong line-up in a third game in a row' date=' but taking into account their good form I can't see them losing here.[/quote'] Flamini and Walcott are both expected to be fit for this one - Flamini probably more match fit. Which helps. Gnabry is available too.

Flamini and Walcott are both expected to be fit for this one - Flamini probably more match fit. Which helps. Gnabry is available too.
Think Walcott is more importens of those coming back. Arteta is just as good as Flamini but without Walcott and Ox Gunners miss à "tradtional" wing player.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th As an Arsenal fan who watches every game what strikes me about this side now is not only the pace we play the ball around in the final third but the balance between defending and attacking we now have. Previously we would pile men forward in search of goals and always look to outscore the opposition but now we pick our moments to attack and defend and the results show significant improvement since the beginning of the year. For the first time in years we have a settled defence with some proper balance between aggressive pressing (Koscielny) and cover (Mertesacker) which are keeping even the best of forwards quiet. Attack remains the focus of this side but now when required we are comfortable soaking up the pressure and hitting sides on the break which we have seen in our big games since March, where we've won to nil at places such as Bayern and Dortmund. At home we have a similar record in recent times conceding against United and Dortmund but winning to nil against Tottenham, Napoli and Liverpool in games where the opposition created little if any real goalscoring chances. I think United will have trouble against our defence as a lot of the top European sides have had recently especially as Koscielny will play a similar role to Kompany's at the Etihad last month who kept the link between midfield and attack Rooney quiet most of the game. United failed to cope with this until late on when they got runners in behind Kompany but with the Mertesacker providing the cover this time things will be even tougher. The key for United will be the fullbacks pushing forward and the wide men overloading our fullbacks as I feel we have the advantage in the other areas. That's the problem with playing more central players out wide with Cazorla in particular leaving Gibbs exposed numerous times against Dortmund and when you have attacking fullbacks like Evra and Rafael they can cause damage. Evra has been excellent in attack this season and will be dangerous but if Rafael doesn't make it he'll be a huge blow as it's these areas where United can cause Arsenal problems. United have have shown signs of improvement but we've heard about Arsenal running out of steam for a month now and it just hasn't happened, in fact we look even more convincing now than before. Coming to old Trafford is a very tough ask but playing away seems to suit Arsenal more these days where the team can pick the moments to attack or sit back and use the the counter without the pressure of the home crowd pushing the team forward. Arsenal look really hard to beat away from home and will go to Old Trafford full of confidence after wins to nil over Liverpool and Dortmund. With 14 wins and a draw in Arsenal's last 15 away games and players like Flamini and Wilshere returning from injury I believe Arsenal will get a good result here. 2pts Arsenal to win to nil at 11/2 Coral 7pts Arsenal/Draw at 1.65 Betvictor Arsenal draw no bet is 5/4 at Coral for anyone interested.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th Arsenal have scored in their last 15 away league games. United have scored in 13 of 15 home games. They both have enough firepower to get on the score sheet, and I don't think you will see a repeat of the Chelsea game. Both teams to score at odds of 1.6 for 3 units

As an Arsenal supporter I think they can' date=' but since they have a 5 point lead I don't see them going all out attack and can see this one ending in a draw.[/quote'] I'd agree with this. I think Arsenal are a bit more savvy than in times gone by, and Wenger will play for a draw. Could see 0-0. Not sure why people say Walcott will return; Teamtalk reports him still out, and I'm sure I read recently he has a few weeks to go. Flamini is fit again.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th Arsenal have a great midfield but IMO are well short in defence - BTTS is the way to go and Over 2.5 Adnan's trickery when running at a defence will trouble a very static Arsenal - especially Mertesacker - and worth a punt for first goal BTTS 1.62 @ Victor & Ladbrokes Over 2.5 1.8 @ Victor First goal Adnan @ 11 @ Ladbrokes

Arsenal have a great midfield but IMO are well short in defence - BTTS is the way to go and Over 2.5 Adnan's trickery when running at a defence will trouble a very static Arsenal - especially Mertesacker - and worth a punt for first goal BTTS 1.62 @ Victor & Ladbrokes Over 2.5 1.8 @ Victor First goal Adnan @ 11 @ Ladbrokes
I really don't understand why I keep hearing this myth about Arsenal's weak defence. This is not the Arsenal side of 2011 who were shipping goals left right and centre. In 2013 our team has been solid and organised, especially in the big and important games as I mentioned earlier. We still concede when pushing forward looking for goals usually against the weaker sides, but can also comfortably sit back and soak up pressure when needed especially away from home where the pressure is on the home side to attack. We have conceded seven goals in our last 15 away games in all competitions which backs this up. Napoli, Tottenham and Liverpool (two good chances from sloppy passing though) barely got a sniff of our goal this season while Dortmund tested Szczesny twice on Wednesday and one was weak header. Secondly I can't really see how the Arsenal defence is static, yes Mertesacker is slow but he is flanked by Koscielny who is one of the most mobile CBs in the league. For all the criticism we hear about Mertesacker regarding his pace he is rarely exposed due to his excellent positioning and the pace of Kosciely, Sagna and Gibbs around him and in fact I think he has been superb this season. We always hear about how Arsenal are going to struggle facing tricky dribblers like Suarez, Reus and Sturridge but it never happens. Reus and Sturridge in particular looked completely average against us and Suarez was not much better. I expect Arsenal to go to Old Trafford and set up tightly as we have done in all our Champions League games as well as against Liverpool and Tottenham in the league. We'll certainly be a tough side to break down. Since the Tottenham game in February Wenger has altered our style and we're far more secure at the back. In fact all of our games against the so called "top" sides since then have been unders except one (Bayern 2-0, United 1-1, Tottenham 1-0, Napoli 2-0, Dormund 2-1, Liverpool 2-0 and Dortmund 1-0). I tend to stay away from the goal markets anyway but there is absolutely no value in overs here and backing unders is also dodgy with the firepower on show for me. Arsenal do not have a weak defence despite what goes around in the media and I expect a low scoring game.

As an Arsenal fan who watches every game what strikes me about this side now is not only the pace we play the ball around in the final third but the balance between defending and attacking we now have. Previously we would pile men forward in search of goals and always look to outscore the opposition but now we pick our moments to attack and defend and the results show significant improvement since the beginning of the year. For the first time in years we have a settled defence with some proper balance between aggressive pressing (Koscielny) and cover (Mertesacker) which are keeping even the best of forwards quiet. Attack remains the focus of this side but now when required we are comfortable soaking up the pressure and hitting sides on the break which we have seen in our big games since March, where we've won to nil at places such as Bayern and Dortmund. At home we have a similar record in recent times conceding against United and Dortmund but winning to nil against Tottenham, Napoli and Liverpool in games where the opposition created little if any real goalscoring chances. I think United will have trouble against our defence as a lot of the top European sides have had recently especially as Koscielny will play a similar role to Kompany's at the Etihad last month who kept the link between midfield and attack Rooney quiet most of the game. United failed to cope with this until late on when they got runners in behind Kompany but with the Mertesacker providing the cover this time things will be even tougher. The key for United will be the fullbacks pushing forward and the wide men overloading our fullbacks as I feel we have the advantage in the other areas. That's the problem with playing more central players out wide with Cazorla in particular leaving Gibbs exposed numerous times against Dortmund and when you have attacking fullbacks like Evra and Rafael they can cause damage. Evra has been excellent in attack this season and will be dangerous but if Rafael doesn't make it he'll be a huge blow as it's these areas where United can cause Arsenal problems. United have have shown signs of improvement but we've heard about Arsenal running out of steam for a month now and it just hasn't happened, in fact we look even more convincing now than before. Coming to old Trafford is a very tough ask but playing away seems to suit Arsenal more these days where the team can pick the moments to attack or sit back and use the the counter without the pressure of the home crowd pushing the team forward. Arsenal look really hard to beat away from home and will go to Old Trafford full of confidence after wins to nil over Liverpool and Dortmund. With 14 wins and a draw in Arsenal's last 15 away games and players like Flamini and Wilshere returning from injury I believe Arsenal will get a good result here. 2pts Arsenal to win to nil at 11/2 Coral 7pts Arsenal/Draw at 1.65 Betvictor Arsenal draw no bet is 5/4 at Coral for anyone interested.
I have to agree really, United are strong in attack but average or weak virtually everywhere else. This is another 'fine margins' game, likely to be one goal either way and a fair few scares for both teams, but I expect Arsenal to fare better mainly due to their solid spine which United simply don't have. I find it quite difficult to make much of an argument for United getting the win, the differences in the quality of the relative midfield's is massive, Arsenal have far more quality in there and United are yet to click or find their best team. If United had wingers that were performing at anywhere near the required level they could certainly cause Arsenal some interesting problems but most of their threat will have to come through the middle and with Flamini back anchoring the midfield I think Arsenal have a good opportunity to keep the supply to Rooney and RVP to a minimum. I 've taken Arsenal DNB at 2.32 with 32red for 5 Points.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th @ arsenalfh, really like your original post on this game, excellent analysis on the present dynamics of the two teams in this contest but I cannot agree with Arsenal to win to nil selection. On the surface it would appear that Man Utd at Old Trafford is almost the perfect opposition/situation for a team like Arsenal to play against, should be noted I base my entire betting model on exploiting these kinds of situations. However, sometimes the gravity of a certain contest with a certain history and certain players can tend to throw a spanner in the works. Man Utd are so up for this game it's almost tangible, this is the kind of game where I expect the Rooneys and Van Persies to perform at their pinnacle and if they do, they're simply unplayable. The technical value is indeed with Arsenal for this game imo but this kind of fixture tends to transcend the status quo. I think Arsenal will really struggle to keep a clean sheet in this game but that is not because I think Arsenal's defence is poor, just that nobody will be able to defend against Man Utd's strikers with the mood they'll be in here. No bet.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th Guys ,it's simple as it is Arsenal are in superb form lately ,same can not be said about MU ,but there is always the "derby" factor and everything can happen of course but the odds represent small value on Arsenal but as above mentioned it's still a NO BET for me also.

Tipping Arsenal to win to nil haha' date=' didn't even read your post just the tip you must be off your rocker[/quote'] :welcome to PL :) What do you think about the game? It's easy to critisice others, please put up your own thoughts :ok

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th one thing about the game tomorrow cant see us not scoring but on the other hand cant see arsenal not scoring so im on bttts, this match could go either way but its a game we cant afford to lose,so reckon we might just edge it 2 1 good luck

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th I'll back Arsenal to win to nil too. Why do I believe there is value? Arsenal are better away team in the last couple of years. They've won Liverpool and BVB without conceding. I do believe Arsenal will wait for opportunity to score, cuz they don't need to rush. On the other hand we all know Man U need points and I can't see them with conceding at least one. Arsenal are more mature than last year, their defensive players are more mature and midfield looks deadly. Small stakes.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th sounds like, after all this hype they will finish 1 - 1 @ 6.50 with paaddypower MBS, and everyone will be happy but we, punters :D i am not gonna play that , just joking , but my bet will be arsenal DNB @ 2.20 10 % of betting fund, with paddypower. well all the reasoning is above, plus if this game to go for anyone`s favor than in between 2 DNB or man u @1.57 or arsenal @2.20 i have to take pretty nice 2.20 here... it`s really hard to see them lose. ok, man u will step it up for this game - high stakes , big pressure, they will do anything they can not to lose and arsenal at end of game might say, lets just hold this out, wenger might bring on 5 CB`s and say in post much interview - point at trafford is very good result. but what i hoping for is that aarsenal, know that out of last 10 times at old traford, this is one they can overturn finally, and arsenal`s mind set, comparing to last visits, is not any more - point would be great, but big scalp would be great. man u simply struggling, never mind 8 games unbeaten - norwich, fulham , stoke, r.sociedad 2x , sunderland and southampton is hardly to say they have overtoon their fortunes and hitting form, so just to step it up today, and suddenly beat arsenal with moyes dreadful record vs arsen wenger - 3 wins out of 27 meetings is no value on man u, so i`ll give a go (as an arsenal fan) DNB @2.20 iiiihaaaaaaa , go gunners :D

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th While we (Utd) haven't had a good run as of late, I don't believe Utd at home should be taken as lightly as 'Arsenal to win to Nil'...Arsenal have done well this season but getting results at OT is not that straight forward. I think Utd are capable of putting up a good game and anything can happen when RVP and Rooney are involved. Saying that, they may try and keep the game tight so it doesn't runaway early, therefore goals may not be as abundant. Small stakes on Utd to win (@ 2.35 Betfair).

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th I tend to agree with the above, Arsenal should give United a challenge today so I went to look for the best options and found an interesting bet - Team Performances: Arsenal over 30 points @1.95 with bet 365, where each goal scored is 15 pts, win/draw is 25/10 pts respectively, while each corner gained is 3 pts. Points are deducted for yellow/red cards, and extras added for clean sheet/early goal scored I think there is a decent chance the Gunners will get at least a draw here, given their momentum and United's recent form. Of course a win is not out of question either It's a safe bet imo - cheers lads!

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th Lads Arsenal to win to nil was just a very small stakes suggestion considering the odds and Arsenal's defensive performances and results against the big sides in recent times. Watch any of our matches against the big sides since the defeat at White Hart Lane in February and a solid defence coupled with clinical counter attacking game is a reoccurring theme.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th The central match of the tour and one of the most exciting games of the season , in principle, waiting for us at Old Trafford , where Manchester United will host Arsenal. The Red Devils are unbeaten for 8 matches, but only on the basis of this match will be judged on the exit from the crisis. Arsenal away not lost exactly 20 games in a row in all competitions. In any case, we can expect an exciting match. Analyzed , I analyzed the situation and decided to give the easiest , in my opinion, prediction: Manchester United - Arsenal 1(0) for 1.60 at William Hill Statistics facts before the match Manchester United - Arsenal: - Manchester United have lost only one of 9 previous matches against Arsenal in the Premier League (+6=2) ; - Arsenal won at Old Trafford just 3 games after the formation of the Premier League. And in the two seasons in which beat Manchester United , the gunners became champions (1997 /98 and 2001/ 02) - LMAO (!) ; - Robin van Persie has scored in each of the last four matches of these teams together ; - Arsenal is the only team of the Premier League , who have scored in all 10 league games ; - Wayne Rooney scored against Arsenal's 10 goals. There is not one team that he scored in the PL more goals (!) ; - In the last 7 league games Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has scored 6 goals and gave three assists - AWSOME! Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney: "Of course, we can beat Arsenal , because last time we did it. Now the Gunners got a good shape and the lead in the Premier League , so we understand that this will be a difficult game. Despite this, we have to maintain the confidence and trust that we will be able to close the gap and get back to the list of leaders of the standings." Arsene Wenger - Arsenal coach: "The team is now more confident in ourselves, we do not panic and want to show it again in Sunday's match against Manchester United. The level of confidence is not constant and depends on the results of the command. Now we're winning , thereby increasing the level of confidence in their abilities." Generally , these games lend themselves forecasting difficult, you know. Especially totals - I admit at first wanted to get into the Under , but then decided that matches Manchester United - Arsenal held at a distance by an average productively than the Premier League matches at all, so here is justified given oUnder is greater than the average in the matches of the Premier League. And it's not so much give - Under 2.5 to give a little more 2.0 , and matches these teams , you know, total of 10 minutes, the team can break through ... If we analyze this season , here too - it is not clear at all to whom value. On the one hand Arsenal plays just super , even in away matches - 9 wins in their last 10 Premier League exits. But, on the other hand, Manchester United good - after a bad start to the season in team affairs Moyes improving, 3 wins in 4 matches. And for me personally, minor setbacks Manchester United earlier in the season and surprisingly stable Arsenal's season - this signals to bet on Manchester United , as Manchester United are not so weak to lose points and play as often as Arsenal did not have a reserve of strength to turn away victories. Inshort , based on the results of this season, the outcome of the match is unpredictable. Arsenal is strong , but Manchester United is gaining momentum. For Manchester United the match at all , in a sense decisive , as if they win - seal the zone leaders, if they lose - it will be behind the leader 11 points , which is a lot. So why did I give it to forecast 1 (0) ? There are some nuances. First, it seems to me , here is the determining factor of their field. For Arsene Wenger's Old Trafford is a cursed place. Actually , to be precise , Arsenal only won twice at Old Trafford. Recent history strongly in favor of Manchester United: won 8 of the last 9 home games against Arsenal , and in the last four games in a row Manchester United beat Arsenal in the first half, and the match - that is, on all counts. 8:2 remember? :) H2H in favor of Manchester United , and indeed Manchester United at home in the Premier League loses extremely rare. And the second aspect - physical and psychological. Manchester United played the last match on Tuesday , played it with Sociedad - skated 0-0, and the match was not very energy-intensive. Arsenal played a match on Wednesday (a day later) and played in Dortmund , where sensationally defeated hosts, leaving a lot of energy , both physical and emotional. Total we have that Man Utd is definitely not lacking in emotional status (what can say Arsenal after such a triumph in Germany) and Manchester United have in fact for 2 more days of training. It is in modern football - very important things , coupled with compelling H2H and give me a reason to give a forecast of Manchester United - 1 (0). Moneyline Manchester United not in any way take not recommend, though odds good - after Arsenal really played very well this season , a draw will arrange it strategically , and against Manchester United , which is still in the process of building a good game , londoners can survive a draw. But Arsenal's victory , exhausted game in Dortmund at Old Trafford, where the gunners win very rarely , I personally do not believe and I do not see any reasons to believe. So, my forecast - 1 (0) for 1.60 William Hill.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th Manchester United - Arsenal I realy like this kind of teams when thay meet thay gona show us good football with decent chancesh on both sides.Man Utd started to play good afther some time and thay are improving a lot week per week.Roony and van Persey finaly started to play good.Arsenal are showing so much this year thay suprised me this year so much with there performance finaly Arsenal team are looking like true mans on the play ground.Arsenal didnt have luck for title before years because thay where young finaly thay have grown enogh to battle with the seniors players of premire league.If starting line ups are decent on both sides i can see both teams to Score 1-1 and if Arsenal have the fire in there blood they can win this match at the and if not Man Utd can press em hard and with luck win this match. I am going on this match with Both Teams to score and 3+ = 2.1 only if there starting line ups are good. P.S I am Man Utd Fan hope to see winning Arsenal here they deserver the Title for Long time this is the best time because i i saied they have grown enogh like true mans on battlefield and definatly gona win the title no mather what for ARSENAl xD ;)

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Sunday November 10th Statistics facts before the match Sunderland - Manchester City - Sunderland won the last three home games against Manchester City with the same score of 1-0 ; - In the last six matches, Manchester City have scored more than 2.5 goals ; - Sunderland lost 7 of their last 8 games Miss the match: Sunderland : Andrea Dossena , Lee Cattermole Manchester City : Vincent Kompany , Stevan Jovetic Participation in the match Sunderland - Manchester City in question: Sunderland : Kieran Westwood Manchester City : Fernandinho , Javi Garcia, David Silva News Sunderland and Manchester City: Sunderland will this match without Lee Cattermole and Andrea Dossena , who had been removed in the last game against Hull City. Also questionable involvement in a fight an injury in the same match goalkeeper Kieran Westwood. So it is possible that the starting lineup will be released Vito Mannone. Also expected to appear Wes Brown, who in a game against Hull City came off the bench and can take place in the starting lineup for the first time since January 2012. Manchester City will have to do without Fernandinho and David Silva , who most likely will not be fully ready for the match against Sunderland. Also in doubt part of the game Javi Garcia. But at the same time in perfect order duo of forwards Aguero - Negredo, who scored 15 goals in 6 matches. Forecast for the match Sunderland - Manchester City 3-1 away win at 17.0 Bet365. On paper it may look simple - the second team from the bottom has little chance against the vice - champion. However, given the results of the last matches of these rivals to each other ought to think about the forecast for the upcoming meeting. Black Cats have won the previous three games at home against Manchester City. However, the form in which there are Negredo and Aguero, according to experts, the hosts no chance to score points. At best, the Sunderland score a goal prestige , especially since the citizens missed out on a foreign field 9 goals this season.