Grex's ELO HOMES back/lay: 378 selections: +1.4% yield

Grex

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Grex's ELO Ratings After another spate of draws at the weekend, I think laying the opposing team is the way to go with this one. Therefore, the tables will continue to show the Home and Away performance but, the AH(0) has been changed to AH(+0.5), which is the same as laying the opposing team. You will see that for the "Homes", there is a dramatic improvement for AH(+0.5) compared with backing the home win. The "Aways" yield reduces slightly, but nothing significant. Anyway, let's see how it pans out. m9to_1d0_ucn57.png

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Grex's ELO Ratings Hello there young fella, it's Merlin from the old 3-0 thread popping in to see how you are doing. Long time no speak, and a lot of water flown under the bridge since we last conversed. I hope you are keeping well and making some money out of the gambling game. Me, I'm still chasing that pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow with one foot forward and two backwards. I note that you are still as busy as ever beavering away with your systems, the neatness is still there and deserves compliments, but my oh my what's happened to the size? One needs a magnifying glass to see just what is happening. What has happened to this thread it appears to be falling behind, and it's a great pity because it is a useful method? Must be time consuming keeping abreast of this type of rating, and I don't know whether or not you have looked at clubelo.com/All/Ranking/html which is very neat and tidy and gives much detail. Do you base your calculations on percentages or on the somewhat confused formula which is on many similar sites? Anyway good to converse, I wish you well and hope to pop in more often in future. Best Regards. Merlin.

Re: Grex's ELO Ratings Thanks Froment for those kind words. Not really been away too far, just inactive from a Forum point of view. As a matter of fact I have been tinkering around with a system recently and may give it a trial run shortly. Also been tinkering around with Trading systems, I really am a systemite at heart. Trust you are well. Regards. Merlin.;)

Re: Grex's ELO Ratings

Hello there young fella' date=' it's Merlin from the old 3-0 thread popping in to see how you are doing. Long time no speak, and a lot of water flown under the bridge since we last conversed. I hope you are keeping well and making some money out of the gambling game. Me, I'm still chasing that pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow with one foot forward and two backwards. I note that you are still as busy as ever beavering away with your systems, the neatness is still there and deserves compliments, but my oh my what's happened to the size? One needs a magnifying glass to see just what is happening. What has happened to this thread it appears to be falling behind, and it's a great pity because it is a useful method? Must be time consuming keeping abreast of this type of rating, and I don't know whether or not you have looked at clubelo.com/All/Ranking/html which is very neat and tidy and gives much detail. Do you base your calculations on percentages or on the somewhat confused formula which is on many similar sites? Anyway good to converse, I wish you well and hope to pop in more often in future. Best Regards. Merlin.[/quote'] Nice to hear from you again, Merlin.... shame that Michael Wray's website went "off air", otherwise I am sure the thread would still be alive. The ELO system is quite complex, and I have managed to package everything in an Excel file that automatically produces the ratings for the teams and the 1-X-2 probability. The selections are then based on odds "value". I haven't posted for a while due to internet access problems in Latin America, but I will try to start it up again for this weekend's fixtures. Apologies for the text size..... perhaps it's old-age creeping in..... is this big enough for you ?

...... now just where have I put that magnifying glass? ;)
We will have to start calling you Mr Magoo ;) Some selections for the weekend. It looks as though AH(+0.5) is going to be the one to go for..... at least it has a +ve return for both homes and aways. ia8u_1cb_ucn57.png

Re: Grex's ELO Ratings Both Coventry and Crawley were postponed. Two nice long-odds home wins (Malaga and Atalanta) put the straight Home Wins into positive territory.... but the Homes AH(+0.5) continues to be the better option. The aways are on a bad run but, again, the Away AH(+0.5) is performing better. m9to_fd2_ucn57.png

Another draw..... so, AH(+0.5) (or "Lay") is definitely the future for this one (me thinks) m9to_cf5_ucn57.png
I think it's WAAY to early to draw any such conclusions. You've only placed 27 away bets which is nothing really, and at pretty high odds as well. Your yield jumps like crazy after every single match. Just keep going.

Re: Grex's ELO Ratings Thanks for your comment, Tycobb. I agree that it is early days..... but being a conservative sort of guy, I prefer a nice steady "drip-drip" rather than a roller-coaster ride ;) However, I will keep both approaches going until the end of the season at least, and review the situation then.