Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newcastle United v Liverpool (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th Over 2.5 Remy was solid addition to Newcastle's team and I'm sure he can score against Liverpool aswell. Sturridge and Suarez are one of the most dangerous attacking duos in Premier League so I'm sure there will be goals. Also there are small sparks of good old Steve G.

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th The odds suggest possible value on Newcastle here. If they attack Liverpool I think they could win or draw. But Liverpool's own attack is a worry obviously Suarez and Sturridge. If Newcastle are too open they might pay the price. In Liverpool's last visit to the North East, they beat Sunderland 3-1. Which side will have greater motivation here? Will either side be happy with a point? How will the lunchtime kick-off affect things? This fixture has a history of lots of goals, but lunchtime games sometimes take a while to get going.

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th Coloccini being out is a big miss for the home side and the Newcastle price has drifted out in accordance. Even so, Liverpool being odds on for this game is pretty stupid imo, I would lean towards Newcastle on a + if I had to do something but value isn't really there and this is looking like a no bet. I don't know how early kick off will effect things but I am under the impression that early games tend to be dull affairs with few goals but I have no evidence to back this up, we need allthethings to come on here and produce some stats! First gameweek after international breaks are really annoying, some players will be tired but you don't know who. Training is disrupted but hard to tell which teams are worst affected etc. Large amounts of speculative bets can be dicing with death in these kinds of situations.

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th im on liverpool @1,85 5/10 ladbrokes, a solid bet for me with good odd newcastle is not bad but not good at the moment, liverpool very strong form with one of the best attack in the league at the moment. this odds are not full of value but good. liverpool can win this game if they play as the most matches. one really bad game was at home this season. new outs for newcastle steven taylor aspas out for liverpool good odd stake untill 5/10 is ok i guess

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th

Coloccini being out is a big miss for the home side and the Newcastle price has drifted out in accordance. Even so, Liverpool being odds on for this game is pretty stupid imo, I would lean towards Newcastle on a + if I had to do something but value isn't really there and this is looking like a no bet. I don't know how early kick off will effect things but I am under the impression that early games tend to be dull affairs with few goals but I have no evidence to back this up, we need allthethings to come on here and produce some stats! First gameweek after international breaks are really annoying, some players will be tired but you don't know who. Training is disrupted but hard to tell which teams are worst affected etc. Large amounts of speculative bets can be dicing with death in these kinds of situations.
I've never studied early games...just checked this year: Liverpool 1-0 Stoke Fulham 1-3 Arsenal Man City 2-0 Hull Man Utd 2-0 Crystal Palace Norwich 0-1 Aston Villa Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea Man City 3-1 Everton I had the same questions about games after the International break...took a cursory look at my various tables, and it looked way too hard to figure. In 2012-13, the week after the break appeared to offer up a fair number of goals by high-profile teams (Bayern's 9-2 was one of them, as well as Madrid I and II and Barca) but desultory games by others (2-0 PSG, 1-1 Inter)...also, the favorites seemed to win in Premier, but a lot of dogs managed to take points in the lower leagues, which should have been unaffected. So all in all, way too many variables.

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th 6pts Over 2.5 goals 8/11 Ladbrokes This is one of those fixtures where the odds for the goals markets are cramped because of the history of the fixture but I actually think the 8/11 on there being more than 2.5 goals is still good value. Liverpool have arguably the best front two in the division right now while Newcastle get it down and have a go at home no matter who they are playing. With Newcastle light in personnel at the back attack may be their best form of defence which makes goals look very likely. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-liverpool-betting-goals-should-flow-in-fixture-with-history-of-high-scoring-battles

Coloccini being out always seems to break the market. Personally I think its a massive over reaction. Although you have to be backing goals here really. Bit of an obvious selection as this is the highest scoring EPL fixture of all time.
True - but how many of those were early kickoffs? allthething's limited stats above say 5/7 early games have been unders so far this season. An when BT Sport are advertising the game as 'virtually guaranteeing goals' I think it might be a sign that the odds are too short on the overs.

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th Newcastle have played 3 very weak teams at home. Lost 2-3 to Hull Beat Fulham 1-0 Draw West Ham 0-0 I just can't see them holding Liverpool scoreless, but I am not sure that Liverpool can score 3. So for me the over 2.5 is a doubt, and for similar odds I will be going for the away win. That game against Everton sticks in my memory, as well as the fact that Newcastle show no home form (They lost their last 3 of last season at home, so it's just 1 win in 6 home games) Has Pardew been found out as a weak manager ? 2 units 1.85 various

True - but how many of those were early kickoffs? allthething's limited stats above say 5/7 early games have been unders so far this season. An when BT Sport are advertising the game as 'virtually guaranteeing goals' I think it might be a sign that the odds are too short on the overs.
I didn't want to spend the time figuring out whether all these games were early kickoffs or not, but a glance at 2012-13 on Soccerway (first game listed each Saturday) shows 18-14 in favor of overs. There was quite the run of overs in the fall, unders in the winter/spring.

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th yep, odds compilers are using stats for last 100 years that`s why liverpool never more than evens away :D so i`ll go for different markets here ... as newcastle have scored 2 goals in last consecutive 4 epl games i don`t see why they couldn`t here to score 2 or more goals @ 2.7 with betfair 9% of my acc., i know liverpool are tight, but pretty sure pardew will be eager to restart his season after break better this time, as well as newcastle do have talent to score at home in likes of remy, cisse, ben arfa, cabbay ... liverpool at home and liverpool away are two different teams, i don`t like moses as their CAM ( i think brendan will do 3412 again here ) since missing cautinho on left and aspas on right, suarez played 90 minutes wendsday night, flu all thursday, small training 5day and early kick of 6day, i know he is hungry, but c`mon, as well as gerrard on away games never leaves his half, especially after two internationals as well as sturidge, so for 1.8 is ridiculous, but liverpool can start well as allways and newcastle defense has more holes than my granpa`s socks, so for i`ll try small bet on liverpool to lead at half time and fail to win @ 11 with pp 1 % of my acc., as a first game, with EPL "finally" back :D will start day with live game and will be playing on live goals .. good saturday ya animals :)

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th Not often I say this but I'm all over Liverpool here. Firstly they play better away from home, using their directness and speed to better effect and Sturridge and Suarez are both in form and seem to not have any issues playing together. I can't or won't rate Newcastle who are probably one of the most unpredictable in the league, for 30 minutes they can look world beaters, the other 60 like a 5th division team. Collocini out is huge, Williamson, Mbiwa and Taylor are all way below his standard and without him I can really see a large away win. -1.5 is universally 2/1 , an excellent price

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th I can have very little confidence in the newcastle defence as i remember the hull game only too well,they didnt do well in the first half at goodison either,im sure they played better in other games but i dont trust them,id rather stick with liverpool to get the job done in the first half,they have been winning at half-time in several games this season.bet 365 13/10 liverpool to be winning at half-time.

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th LINE-UPS - Newcastle v Liverpool (1245 BST) Newcastle XI: Krul, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Remy. Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Gerrard, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge.

I didn't want to spend the time figuring out whether all these games were early kickoffs or not' date=' but a glance at 2012-13 on Soccerway (first game listed each Saturday) shows 18-14 in favor of overs. There was quite the run of overs in the fall, unders in the winter/spring.[/quote'] OK - sorry I may have misunderstood

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th Wondering if i did the right thing going HT/FT. In my head i keep telling myself that they're fast starters and logically if they lead at HT they'll most likely win. For some reason this feels like a danger game. Edit - Liverpool that is $2.75 with sportsbet

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th For me value is on Newcastle, Double Chance Newcastle Or Draw @ 1.94, Match Result and Both Teams To Score Newcastle @ 6.50, Match Betting Newcastle @ 4.33 (all williamhill.com) Liverpools first 3 games they won by 1 nil (including 1-0 win over Man.U) , then a 2-2 draw vs Swansea, loss to Southampton 0-1, beat Sunderland 1-3, last game beat C.Palace 3-1 Looking at the above fixtures Liverpool have done well but nothing to make a Newcastle Win or Draw out of the question. Newcastle are improving, Remy, Ben Arfa as goal threats.

yep, odds compilers are using stats for last 100 years that`s why liverpool never more than evens away :D so i`ll go for different markets here ... as newcastle have scored 2 goals in last consecutive 4 epl games i don`t see why they couldn`t here to score 2 or more goals @ 2.7 with betfair 9% of my acc., i know liverpool are tight, but pretty sure pardew will be eager to restart his season after break better this time, as well as newcastle do have talent to score at home in likes of remy, cisse, ben arfa, cabbay ... liverpool at home and liverpool away are two different teams, i don`t like moses as their CAM ( i think brendan will do 3412 again here ) since missing cautinho on left and aspas on right, suarez played 90 minutes wendsday night, flu all thursday, small training 5day and early kick of 6day, i know he is hungry, but c`mon, as well as gerrard on away games never leaves his half, especially after two internationals as well as sturidge, so for 1.8 is ridiculous, but liverpool can start well as allways and newcastle defense has more holes than my granpa`s socks, so for i`ll try small bet on liverpool to lead at half time and fail to win @ 11 with pp 1 % of my acc., as a first game, with EPL "finally" back :D will start day with live game and will be playing on live goals .. good saturday ya animals :)
great start of the day... i knew i was missing something.... and here it was .... EPL :D

Re: Newcastle United v Liverpool > Saturday October 19th Impressed by Toon today - agree they would have battered Liverpool if not for that red They had more fight and determination in that game than they showed in the whole of last season Liverpool just haven't got a plan B - Rodgers didn't change a thing tactically to take advantage of the extra man - 3 defenders and no strikers on the bench showed just how short the squad is - not even top 6 IMO ... especially when Suarez starts the tantrums again around Christmas time and gets his move

Liverpool just haven't got a plan B - Rodgers didn't change a thing tactically to take advantage of the extra man - 3 defenders and no strikers on the bench showed just how short the squad is - not even top 6 IMO ... especially when Suarez starts the tantrums again around Christmas time and gets his move
Just the short term nature of your average football fan still astounds me. United not going to finish top four, Liverpool are going to win the league, now they're mid table. As I say Liverpool were title winners five minutes ago. They've played a game they historically struggle in and didn't win. They've gained a point away and scored twice, that is a good result IMO. I still think Liverpool are on the right track under Rodgers. United will finished top four and Southampton will finish eighth. The EPL ain't that unpredictable tbh. Let's not get too carried away :ok :lol