Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 1 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Barnsley v Reading (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.16[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Birmingham City v Millwall (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackburn Rovers v Watford (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brighton & Hove Albion v Sheffield Wednesday (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.78[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Charlton Athletic v Nottingham Forest (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derby County v Ipswich Town (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Doncaster Rovers v Burnley (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leeds United v AFC Bournemouth (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Middlesbrough v Huddersfield Town (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.06[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Yeovil Town v Leicester City (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackpool v Bolton Wanderers (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Brighton vs Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield Wednesday are a club in turmoil at the moment. Itlooks like we are in the middle of a takeover as rumours circulate about SammyYu, the bloke who was involved with Birmingham with Carson Yeung for a littlewhile. This means we have basically no real budget for anything other than loanplayers. We have brought in Roger Johnson, Stephen Mcphail and Matty Fryatt whoare all undoubtedly an improvement in terms of quality but whom are short offootball and match fitness really.

We are winless so far this season and currently are on theverge of our worst ever start to a season. Apart from the opening day at QPRaway and the last match at home to Doncaster Rovers (we lost both) everyperformance has been lacklustre and has included draws at home with 10 manYeovil, Millwall (who hadn’t scored for 5 games previous) and an absolutemauling away at Birmingham last week.

I see no reason why this trend will be reversed away atBrighton where we got our asses handed to us last season. They are a strongsquad and whereas our defenders are all good going forward and can grab a goalfrom a set piece, we are defensively suspect and you’d probably say a bitstatic. We simply don’t deal with good wingers and I’d expect Brighton to haveplenty of chances.

Brighton look fantastic value at 1.75 to me.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Just looking through recent shots on target stats and form, I think Barnsley (3.75) home to Reading, Bournemouth (4.0) away to Leeds and Huddersfield (4.0) away to Middlesborough all look decent value. Barnsley are bottom of the table, but their home form is about the same as Reading's away form. Both Leeds and Boro have shown they are vulnerable at home. I'm hoping that the odds on some of these three teams will lengthen before kick off to make backing them more attractive. Odds shown are best win prices from oddsportal ... http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/england/championship/

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st

Just looking through recent shots on target stats and form' date=' I think [b']Barnsley (3.75) home to Reading, Bournemouth (4.0) away to Leeds and Huddersfield (4.0) away to Middlesborough all look decent value. Barnsley are bottom of the table, but their home form is about the same as Reading's away form. Both Leeds and Boro have shown they are vulnerable at home. I'm hoping that the odds on some of these three teams will lengthen before kick off to make backing them more attractive. Odds shown are best win prices from oddsportal ... http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/england/championship/
I took a look at Reading's away record against Barnsley, and found that they won 6 of past 7 meetings :unsure Leeds last 2 home games were against QPR and Burnley, top 2 in Championship at the moment, so home form might be slightly skewered. Agreed with you on Huddersfield though. They actually won 8 away games last season, which is 5th best in the league, and it was better than their 7 home victories. Boro managed 13 home wins, which was 3rd best in 12/13 season, but they only won 3 out of 14 home games in 2013. Also, from early previews,
Central defender Jonathan Woodgate came off at half-time in Saturday's 2-0 defeat at leaders QPR with a calf problem and will not make the game at the Riverside Stadium. Neither will striker Marvin Emnes, who has missed the last two games with a groin strain.

Brighton vs Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield Wednesday are a club in turmoil at the moment. Itlooks like we are in the middle of a takeover as rumours circulate about SammyYu, the bloke who was involved with Birmingham with Carson Yeung for a littlewhile. This means we have basically no real budget for anything other than loanplayers. We have brought in Roger Johnson, Stephen Mcphail and Matty Fryatt whoare all undoubtedly an improvement in terms of quality but whom are short offootball and match fitness really.

We are winless so far this season and currently are on theverge of our worst ever start to a season. Apart from the opening day at QPRaway and the last match at home to Doncaster Rovers (we lost both) everyperformance has been lacklustre and has included draws at home with 10 manYeovil, Millwall (who hadn’t scored for 5 games previous) and an absolutemauling away at Birmingham last week.

I see no reason why this trend will be reversed away atBrighton where we got our asses handed to us last season. They are a strongsquad and whereas our defenders are all good going forward and can grab a goalfrom a set piece, we are defensively suspect and you’d probably say a bitstatic. We simply don’t deal with good wingers and I’d expect Brighton to haveplenty of chances.

Brighton look fantastic value at 1.75 to me.

+Brighton's top goalscorer Leonardo Ulloa is back from suspension

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Barnsley (3.50 Bet365) vs Reading Despite there being 18 places between Barnsley, bottom of the league, and Reading, 6th, I still feel the underdogs have a great chance here. Going forward, Barnsley ain't that bad an outfit & are more than capable of scoring. On Saturday, they lost narrowly at promotion chasing Leicester &, whilst the Foxes missed chances, Barnsley will a little unfortunate that they had a perfectly good opening goal ruled out for offside. Admittedly, they were battered 5-1 by Watford in their last home game but, surprisingly, they created just as many chances as the Hornets. Defensively, they need to improve & that looks possible with Jack Butland being an excellent addition on loan. David Flitcroft is certainly under pressure but he has that Yorkshire grit that might just spark a revival, especially as his team felt hard done to at the weekend. In David Perkins, they have a midfielder who can control a game (like he did at Ewood earlier this season) and, if he's on his game, I think the home side will create enough to get a result. Reading are a team in form with 13pts from their last 6 games but they've not exactly had the toughest run. Away from home, they've won their last 2, both against teams yet to win at home in Derby & the division's so called whipping boys, Yeovil. In their other 2 away games, they were narrowly defeated at Blackpool & struggled to grab a draw at Bolton, who are winless so far this term. Overall, I think they struggle for goals & don't create loads so the absence of Drenthe & injury doubt over McCleary are further reasons to oppose them. Reading are obvious favourites but this is, by no means, a foregone conclusion & I'm happy to back the home side at 5/2.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Brighton (1.75 Bet365) vs Sheffield Wednesday Much has been said already & I'm also siding with Brighton here. As SWFC alludes to, the Owls aren't great defensively & struggle with good wing play so the likes of Buckley could have a field day for the home side. In addition, Wednesday have worries at right back with Spence going back to West Ham & Buxton still returning from injury. With Ulloa back from suspension, Brighton should finally have that fire power to score the goals their general play deserves. Dominated possession at Ipswich but created little & lost 2-0, their first reverse in 6. The return of their top scorer should help convert that possession & manager Oscar Garcia will be keen to get back on the winning trail. Wednesday are still winless this season & have lost their last 2. I think they'll struggle to contain the attacking threat of Brighton, like they did with Lingard-inspired Birmingham in their last away game. Fryatt should start but him alone won't be enough, especially as he needs minutes under his belt before really making a difference. I'm hoping for a comfortable home win here.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Blackburn + 0.25 v Watford @ 1.80 Bet365 (3 Points) I think there is a bit of value on taking the home side on a positive handicap. They have won 2, drawn 1, lost 1 at home with the defeat coming early on in a 1-0 loss v Forest. I think they have been improving as the season has gone on though and they've racked up a couple of good wins in the process. There's no doubt that Watford are a very good side and they are very dangerous in attack as their 5-1 thumping away at Barnsley shows. They have won 2, drawn 1, lost 1 on the road matching Blackburns home record. Their 2 wins were at Barnsley and Birmingham though who are bottom third sides. Against top half sides they lost at Blackpool and drew at Reading. Blackburn are now looking steady at the back and will prove a tough test for Watford to break down. And with Rhodes and Best up front they have plenty of goals in them too and I think they can breach the Hornet's defence. It should be a tight game but with the home advantage and the positive handicap on side, I'm backing Rovers to take at least a point against Zolas men.

Brighton (1.75 Bet365) vs Sheffield Wednesday Much has been said already & I'm also siding with Brighton here. As SWFC alludes to, the Owls aren't great defensively & struggle with good wing play so the likes of Buckley could have a field day for the home side. In addition, Wednesday have worries at right back with Spence going back to West Ham & Buxton still returning from injury. With Ulloa back from suspension, Brighton should finally have that fire power to score the goals their general play deserves. Dominated possession at Ipswich but created little & lost 2-0, their first reverse in 6. The return of their top scorer should help convert that possession & manager Oscar Garcia will be keen to get back on the winning trail. Wednesday are still winless this season & have lost their last 2. I think they'll struggle to contain the attacking threat of Brighton, like they did with Lingard-inspired Birmingham in their last away game. Fryatt should start but him alone won't be enough, especially as he needs minutes under his belt before really making a difference. I'm hoping for a comfortable home win here.
russ spence wont be any great loss as long as buxton plays if he doesnt palmer will probably deputise and he is not up to it with buxton 2-0 defeat without 4-0

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Charlton vs Nottingham Forest (2.20 Ladbrokes) Forest are one of the promotion favourites & have a great chance of extending their unbeaten league record to 5 at a poor looking Charlton. They come here off the back of a great win in the East Midlands derby. Admittedly, they are winless away in their last 3 but perhaps deserved more than the 2pts they have picked up in games at Wigan, Watford & a Macheda-inspired Doncaster. Good going forward & solid at the back, they look good bets for promotion & these are the type of games they need to be winning. Forest could also be boosted by the return of Wilson in defence & hope that the excellent Chalobah can make his debut on loan from Chelsea. Charlton look to be in turmoil having lost their last 3 including a 1-0 reverse in front of cameras against Millwall in their last game at the Valley & a 3-0 battering to Burnley on Saturday. They have injuries to key players & this paper-thin squad can't cope with these losses. Captain Jonnie Jackson is out & top scorer Kermorgant is not yet ready to play after injury but Chris Powell might just have his hand forced. At odds against, Forest should have too much class & look good value here.

Blackburn + 0.25 v Watford @ 1.80 Bet365 (3 Points) I think there is a bit of value on taking the home side on a positive handicap. They have won 2, drawn 1, lost 1 at home with the defeat coming early on in a 1-0 loss v Forest. I think they have been improving as the season has gone on though and they've racked up a couple of good wins in the process. There's no doubt that Watford are a very good side and they are very dangerous in attack as their 5-1 thumping away at Barnsley shows. They have won 2, drawn 1, lost 1 on the road matching Blackburns home record. Their 2 wins were at Barnsley and Birmingham though who are bottom third sides. Against top half sides they lost at Blackpool and drew at Reading. Blackburn are now looking steady at the back and will prove a tough test for Watford to break down. And with Rhodes and Best up front they have plenty of goals in them too and I think they can breach the Hornet's defence. It should be a tight game but with the home advantage and the positive handicap on side, I'm backing Rovers to take at least a point against Zolas men.
I bloody hope so mate. Rhodes is on fire at the minute. The key for us, though, has been Josh King - when he isolates their right back, we look like we can score at will. Just one thing I would disagree with is our defence. Definitively not solid, Dann looks shaky & Kane, whilst great going forward, has been poor defensively. My biggest worry though is Kean in the sticks. He needs some competition for his place, he's become complacent to me. I certainly think we can get something from the game though.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Doncaster +0.25 v Burnley @ 1.875 Bet365 (3 Points) its hard to try and start backing this bet up with stats as quite simply Burnleys results have been great this season. Dyche has hardly spent spent a bean and on top of that lost his top scorer in Charlie Austin. But he's got his small squad organised and playing for each other and the results speak for themselves. But as well as they are playing, I don't think it's unfair to say that they haven't necessarily got the quality in their side of say a QPR or Reading. I'm not convinced that Burnley should be as short as they are in this match as the away side. Donny have had a mixed bag of results but they've shown they are no pushovers. I think they will match the Clarets in this match for sheer effort and endeavour and that might just be enough. They've signed Macheda on loan who has immediately hit the ground running with goals and he could provide that bit of cutting edge Donny need to compete in this league. I think the price on Donny is just a bit too generous and I think this could be the match in which Burnleys winning run comes to an end.

I bloody hope so mate. Rhodes is on fire at the minute. The key for us, though, has been Josh King - when he isolates their right back, we look like we can score at will. Just one thing I would disagree with is our defence. Definitively not solid, Dann looks shaky & Kane, whilst great going forward, has been poor defensively. My biggest worry though is Kean in the sticks. He needs some competition for his place, he's become complacent to me. I certainly think we can get something from the game though.
I must admit that Kane is the one in your back line that I don't like. Dann has impressed me whenever I've seen him but obviously you watch them a lot more than me so I take your comments on board! I'm hoping they will pick up at least a point anyway.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Middlesbrough v Huddersfield + 0.5 @ 1.875 bet365 (4 Points) Price is wrong. Boro haven't won a home game all season and sit 5 points behind the Terriers. In my book that makes Boro on a -0.25 line. Huddersfield haven't got a brilliant away record but they are unbeaten in 4 and have one of the form strikers of the league in James Vaghan. Boro are also struggling with a couple of injuries including the influential Woodgate and Ledesema is still suspended. I like this Huddersfield side and though I couldn't confidently say they will get something from this game, I can confidently say that the price is wrong. The away side on a +0.5 hcap would have a 100% winning record this season. And Boro's only win all season was at struggling Charlton. Huddersfield are no pushovers and at the price, they've got to be taken IMHO.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Middlesbrough (2.05 BetVictor) vs Huddersfield I'm going to have to disagree with Wisey10 here, which may be a bad move! Middlesbrough desperately need a win & I think they will get it here although the table doesn't suggest so. Boro are yet to win in 4 at home this season but their last 3 have seen a treble of scoring draws. However, that masks the fact they could & perhaps should have had 9pts rather than 3. Dominated possession & created plenty but just not turning them into victories. Have scored in all but Saturday's defeat to QPR this season. Mowbray was pretty scathing about that performance & that might just bring about a reaction in front of the fans at the Riverside. Woodgate is out but, despite his experience, it might just give the younger blood a chance to shine. Huddersfield have been a surprise package this term but I feel their run is about to end. They were poor at Ewood a couple of weeks back but set up to frustrate & that they did. They never looked like winning & came away with a point in a goalless draw. Heavily reliant on Vaughan, who is in great form, but that penalty miss on Friday may just have dented his confidence. Unbeaten in 4 but away form isn't all that, in fact Barnsley recorded their one & only win against them. I have a sneaky feeling that this may go against the form book & I'm happy to take odds against on Mowbray's men recording only their 2nd victory of the season.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Injuries and suspensions: Yeovil Town v Leicester City Yeovil Town: Jamie McAllister (doubtful), Liam Fontaine, Marek Stech Leicester City: Sean St. Ledger, Chris Wood (both probably out) Barnsley FC v Reading FC Barnsley FC: Peter Ramage, Marcus Pedersen Reading FC: Garath McCleary (doubtful), Danny Williams, Royston Drenthe (both probably out), Jem Karacan, Mikele Leigertwood, Jason Roberts Doncaster Rovers v Burnley FC Doncaster Rovers: Reece Wabara (doubtful), Harry Forrester, Marc de Val Fernandez Burnley FC: Dean Marney, Ross Wallace Birmingham City v Millwall Birmingham City: Wade Elliott, Akwasi Asante, Lee Novak, Hayden Mullins (all doubtful), Neal Eardley Millwall FC: Mark Beevers, Scott McDonald (doubtful)

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st Brighton have been backed heavily and now are 1.61 in the market, I'd say in a division like this that is starting to look on the skinny side. To look for a little value, Ulloa to score anytime is 2.05 and R Johnson for Sheff Wed is 8.0 in the same market. I'm going to nip in and take 5 points on Ulloa and 1 point on Johnson anytime as they look the biggest threats for both teams respectively.

Brighton have been backed heavily and now are 1.61 in the market' date=' I'd say in a division like this that is starting to look on the skinny side. To look for a little value, Ulloa to score anytime is 2.05 and R Johnson for Sheff Wed is 8.0 in the same market. I'm going to nip in and take 5 points on Ulloa and 1 point on Johnson anytime as they look the biggest threats for both teams respectively.[/quote'] Yes, I wouldn't touch Brighton at that price. They are very hard to beat but still draw too many games.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st team news on brighton wednesday ulloa and lua lua start for brighton for wednesday buxton in for spence, fryatt for nuhiu and semedo for jermaine johnson fryatt will pose more of a goal threat than nuhiu so maybe 3-1 brighton i will try 3-0 brighton at 14 stan james 3-1 brighton at 15 betvictor

Just looking through recent shots on target stats and form' date=' I think [b']Barnsley (3.75) home to Reading, Bournemouth (4.0) away to Leeds and Huddersfield (4.0) away to Middlesborough all look decent value. Barnsley are bottom of the table, but their home form is about the same as Reading's away form. Both Leeds and Boro have shown they are vulnerable at home. I'm hoping that the odds on some of these three teams will lengthen before kick off to make backing them more attractive. Odds shown are best win prices from oddsportal ... http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/england/championship/
Odds have risen on Barnsley and Reading, to make me think it is worth backing these: Barnsley v Reading Barnsley 4.0 Bet365 Leeds v Bournemouth Bournemouth 4.3 Betfair Note: I have a preference of 2-way (Asian or DNB) bets if possible. 3-way 1/2/x bets are inherently risky and most will lose, but I do think at these odds, the bets are worth taking. (Odds on Huddersfield have dropped, reducing the value imho)

PS can anyone advise why it won't let me "enter" on here to separate my bets /paragraphs etc?
Try the first button at the top left of the reply box, marked 'A'. When you put the mouse on this, it should say 'Switch Editor to Source Mode'. This affects line spacing, so it might help.

Re: Sky Bet Championship > Tuesday October 1st The game Brighton-SW proves that this is a very unreliable league. I lost a great combo with 4 other CL games, but that is my fault. Maybe trying Over 5,5 or even 6,5 goals more often, because results like Derby today come pretty often.

The game Brighton-SW proves that this is a very unreliable league. I lost a great combo with 4 other CL games, but that is my fault. Maybe trying Over 5,5 or even 6,5 goals more often, because results like Derby today come pretty often.
It depends on what type of punter you are. If you like backing short price favourites in doubles e.t.c then it is a poor league to bet on. I read a stat somewhere that in all the worlds big leagues the championship produces most upsets from favourites. The fact that it does so makes it the best league to punt on in my opinion.

The game Brighton-SW proves that this is a very unreliable league. I lost a great combo with 4 other CL games, but that is my fault. Maybe trying Over 5,5 or even 6,5 goals more often, because results like Derby today come pretty often.
The Championship is a very level playing field usually bar the odd one or two. They can all beat each other on their day.