** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

September 23 - September 29

Re: September 23 - September 29 Tomic should take this match. Tomic is clearly the best player in rallies. The lad has an incredible talent. With very good serve, nice groundstrokes and good movement he can be difficult for anyone on fast surfaces. Karlovic does'nt get any younger and only has his serve to rely on. Many aces per match and hard to break but that's about it. Tomic got to the quarters in Bangkok last year so I'm pretty sure he's gonna go far also this year. Good price on Tomic and I think he takes it. Tomic to beat Karlovic 1.917 @Pinnacle

Re: September 23 - September 29 Back Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat Sara Errani for a 2/10 stake at 1.88 with Pinnacle Not sure about Errani's chances here. She admitted that she is not feeling comfortable after her loss at Flushing Meadows and that might leave her struggling for the rest of the season. Moreover, Kuznetsova leads the H2H record 5-1 and should fancy the Tokyo conditions much more, so she should be the one with the edge on Tuesday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kuznetsova-vs-errani-betting-svetlana-kuznetsova-looks-set-to-defeat-the-world-s-number-six Back Aleksandra Wozniak (+1.5 sets) to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 1/10 stake at 4.40 with Unibet Back Aleksandra Wozniak to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 1/10 stake at 12.50 with Pinnacle There is every chance that this is going to look very silly at the end of the day, but there you go. Wozniak has enough talent to make an upset happen, looked good enough against Schiavone, and should be able to take advantage if Radwanska feels a bit fatigued after winning in Seoul. Worth a punt at such a massive price in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniak-vs-radwanska-betting-aleksandra-wozniak-might-be-worth-a-punt-against-agnieszka-radwanska Back Andrea Petkovic to beat Simona Halep for a 2/10 stake at 2.97 with Pinnacle Halep looked truly dreadful against Pavlyuchenkova and should have lost really, so fancy Petkovic to get the job done at a very solid price. The German came back from a one-set deficit against Vesnina, a decent result, and definitely has what it takes to beat Halep skill-wise, so these prices seem to be a bit off really. Personally, I would have Petkovic somewhere around the 2.50 mark. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/petkovic-vs-halep-betting-andrea-petkovic-to-upset-the-talented-romanian

Re: September 23 - September 29 Nikolay Davydenko e/w to win the ATP Malaysian Open @26 w/William Hill At the best of time's Davydenko is a difficult player to trust,But at this price I think he's worth a low stake's shot here.He's retired in two consecutive Quarter-Final's here but also won this in '09.It's hard to back a player that's so inconsistent but consistency is not a well found quality in the middle of the field here this year.Wawrinka and Ferrer were both excellent in their respective US Open run's and are rightly favourite's,But Ferrer may not be as motivated this time around on the hard's.He was poor in the two hard court competition's before the last major.Davydenko also thrashed him earlier in the year at Doha.Wawrinka will most likely win the other bracket but I find it hard to trust him toward's the tail-end of tournament's.Both the final vs Mahut and Semi vs Lopez in recent month's were particularly disappointing.The like's of Almagro and Benneteau are floating around half the price Davydenko is and neither look in anyway more convincing(especially Almagro).Whether or not the Russian can show up and perform in a competition he's won before remain's to be seen.

Re: September 23 - September 29 Going for a couple of underdogs tomorrow in Tokyo 1. Safarova to bt Stosur @2.05 2. Venus Williams to bt Halep @2.0 --> superb! 3. Keys to bt Kvitova @2.0 :-( hoped for better odds 4. Cibulkova to bt A.Radwanska @4.33 all (2/10) at local bookie - Stosur struggled today with Kimiko big time, made tons of doublefaults, and had Kimiko been able to hold serve, she could have even won. Lucie won last three encounters (grass, indoor hard, hard), so what's the question here? - I was impressed by VW today against Azarenka. Azarenka was not in her best fitnness today (struggled with the heat) but irrespective of this fact VW's shots were amazing. VW leads H2H 2-0, and though Halep plays well, her serve is too slow to resist. - Kvitova as usually the mandatory fading material. It took big amount of work to beat #327 Bencic (7-5 6-4) and Madison is gonna crush her. They never played so far. - Now Cibulkova - this bet is based on the fact that ARad struggled on serve big time today agaist Wozniak. She wears straps over her shoulders (as she usually does) and it appeared that this is causing her limitations indeed. H2H 1-1 this year, but Cibu won their last encounter in July at Stanford. Cibu seems in great form here, so IMO there is a chance bigger than the odds suggest.

Re: September 23 - September 29 Back Madison Keys to beat Petra Kvitova for a 2/10 stake at 2.38 with Pinnacle I would love to back Kvitova again at some point, but the odds for Madison Keys just seem to be rather juicy here in all fairness. After all, her wins against Peng and Suarez-Navarro look much better than Kvitova's struggle against the relatively unknown Belinda Bencic. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/keys-vs-kvitova-betting-madison-keys-should-be-able-to-deal-with-the-czech-number-one Back Lucie Safarova to beat Samantha Stosur for a 2/10 stake at 2.13 with Pinnacle The H2H reads 6-2 in Safarova's favor, so I cannot see any real reasons for her being the underdog here. Moreover, she has been playing superb tennis since the US Open, capturing the title in Quebec before traveling to Tokyo and beating Vinci in straight sets, so there is every chance that she is going to defeat the Australian on Wednesday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/safarova-vs-stosur-betting-lucie-safarova-looks-value-to-defeat-the-world-s-number-seventeen-in-tokyo Back Nicolas Almagro to beat Adrian Mannarino for a 3/10 stake at 1.50 with Pinnacle The Kuala Lumpur conditions seem to be rather slow, so Almagro should be able to put his obvious advantages to good use on Wednesday. I wouldn't really read into his US losses that much and, well, he is still a couple of notches above the Frenchman in most departments. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/almagro-vs-mannarino-betting-nicolas-almagro-can-bounce-back-with-a-decent-victory-against-adrian-mannarino

Re: September 23 - September 29 I must oppose Venus here in the shape of Halep, who really, has been in form for just about all of 2013. Venus got past Vika last round, but truth is Vika was sick/feeling ill and didn't retire as a show of class to venus. Next up for Venus is Halep, and the Romanian has been super consistent this year, especially on the hard stuff. and that's not something you can say for venus. if this was 5 years ago, Venus would be a serious favorite, now i feel Halep should be much shorter then this price. Halep at around 1.75-1.80 various places edit: venus looked like she hit amazing shots vs Vika, but this was very simple for her to do as Vika really had nothing on her balls.

Re: September 23 - September 29 Venus overtakes Halep in 3sets. I think many others saw this match as I did as the price drifted from 1.85 all the way down to 1.6 at some places I observed. but man it gets frustrating watching these matches. Halep's serve was abysmal and even though she took the first set pretty comfortably, she broke Venus three times in the 2nd set only to concede the break right back and really should've taken care of business in straights. Took the early 2-0 in the 3rd period before succumbing her serve again, many of her lost points simply being double faults. I want to give Venus more credit but Halep, as the match commentator said, seemed to concede the match "on a platter". once the 1st set ended, it was as if she simply did not know how to serve. and surprising given her great form this year. I was going to advise laying Venus next round, but Bouchard could be a favorable draw for her. If she advances past Bouchard I will certainly be going against her, especially as it's been a very long time since she's had this much match time in succession. wta can be a frustrating beast, i tell ya.

Re: September 23 - September 29 Back Lucie Safarova to beat Caroline Wozniacki for a 2/10 stake at 2.75 with Bet365 Safarova is going really well right now and has all the weapons that are required for beating Wozniacki, so this looks like a very decent price to me. Moreover, Pennetta looked injured and Rybarikova folded after a bad start, so Wozniacki's wins should be taken with a grain of salt really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/safarova-vs-wozniacki-betting-lucie-safarova-to-continue-her-excellent-run-with-a-win-over-caroline-wozniacki Back Marinko Matosevic (+3) to beat Milos Raonic for a 2/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle Matosevic has never been the ideal opponent for Raonic, so he should be able to trouble him - and possibly even beat him - on Thursday as well. With breaks of serve likely to be few and far between, this handicap line definitely looks quite juicy. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/matosevic-vs-raonic-betting-marinko-matosevic-should-be-able-to-trouble-milos-raonic-once-again

Re: September 23 - September 29

Going for a couple of underdogs tomorrow in Tokyo 1. Safarova to bt Stosur @2.05 WIN 2. Venus Williams to bt Halep @2.0 --> superb! WIN 3. Keys to bt Kvitova @2.0 :-( hoped for better odds LOSS 4. Cibulkova to bt A.Radwanska @4.33 LOSS all (2/10) at local bookie
fun is all reward I've got, LOL. Kvitova really benefited from the rain delay that caused the match to be moved from Court #1 into Center court :-( BTW that happened to break the rule that the match should be finished on the same court it started, but apparently the Japanese do not care much...

Re: September 23 - September 29 Back Frederico Delbonis (+3) to beat Jurgen Melzer for a 2/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle Melzer looked quite average against Zverev and we all know how shaky he can be when not on song, so fancy Delbonis to get under his skin at some point and get a few cheap games as a result of that. He should take plenty of confidence from that victory against Pospisil, so there you go, the plus handicap looks like a good bet to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delbonis-vs-melzer-betting-jurgen-melzer-looks-slightly-overrated-in-kuala-lumpur Back David Ferrer (-5.5) to beat Joao Sousa for a 2/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power Ferrer is one of the worst possible match-ups Sousa could face after such a tiring run, so I can definitely see the Spaniard getting through to the next round with minimal fuss - and the handicap line should get covered in the process. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ferrer-vs-sousa-betting-david-ferrer-should-be-able-to-progress-with-minimal-fuss

Re: September 23 - September 29 Back Angelique Kerber to beat Petra Kvitova for a 2/10 stake at 1.92 with Unibet Both ladies have been playing excellent tennis in recent days, but I have been slightly more impressed by Angelique Kerber, so I am going to go with her in the finals. Moreover, she currently leads the H2H record between the two by two wins to one and should also be the fresher of the two on Saturday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kerber-vs-kvitova-betting-angelique-kerber-looks-set-to-capture-the-title-in-tokyo-on-saturday Back Richard Gasquet to beat Milos Raonic for a 2/10 stake at 2.15 with Pinnacle Berdych should be able to beat Simon, but there is hardly any value in the odds for his victory, so I am going to go with Gasquet over Raonic instead. After all, it is hard to see any reasons for the Canadian being the favourite here, as Gasquet managed to beat him last time out and should feel quite comfortable in the Bangkok conditions (not only is he the defending champion, but he also played a very good match against Mikhail Youzhny on Friday). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gasquet-vs-raonic-betting-richard-gasquet-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-milos-raonic-in-bangkok

Re: September 23 - September 29

2/10 means what? 20 euros per match singles or what? btw agree with kerber ftw :cheers
No, there is no actual connection to any currency or anything, it is just a staking system. Most punters have a bank of XXX units and allow themselves to use only a portion for a given match, that is what the 2/10 means.