UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September

Aidymac

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September

Yes' date='it is true that Ludogoretz doesn't play defensively but now we are at the Group stage and i don't know what strategy will Stoev choose.Don't forget that every points matters so maybe Ludo will sit back and wait hoping to find the net with counter-attacks[/quote'] Yes, sure, but group stage games are very different that knock-out rounds. If it was a two-legged knock-out affair, PSV would have been very careful not to concede, Ludo wouldn't open up if they lose by just one goal (1:0) and so on - many factors against betting on many goals. However, in group stage the score doesn't matter, it is all about gaining some points. And it is first round so I see a more relaxed and open football. Plus, Ludo coach Stoev is not that stupid to try and keep 0:0, because he realizes that the chances for his team to keep clean sheet here are minimal, and they need to score at least once.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September Standard Liege vs Esjberg. My pick for the early kickoff would be Standard Liege. They are playing Esbjerg tonight at home. Stardard Liege has been flying this season in the Belgian League winning all 7 games played so far scoring 16 and conceding only 2. I have seen them play few times this season and I am impressed with some of their performance. I do realize that some of the teams they played this season are very poor and there is a vast difference in quality among the teams in this league. With that in mind, I still think Standard Liege is a quality side. Their 19 year old striker Michy is on top form this season and I can see them scoring few this game. Esbjerg on the other hand has not been impressive at all this season. This season started off similar to their performance like last season. Win here lose there, lose here and win there. Going to be another roller coaster of a season for them. They did however beat St. Etienne home and away in the Europa league. Taking Standard Liege form in mind and having the home advantage, I can see Liege winning this game. My bet -1.5 @ 2.35 at Bet365. Feel free to give your opinion on this game. Thank you.

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September Most of time I'm just reading, so now want to give some contribution to this great forum. As a dinamo zagreb fan who is watching every match, must say that I'm very surprised with a odds on Chernomorets Odessa ( 5,00 on bet365 ) for tonights game. dinamo zagreb plays awfull, team has no team spirit and all the wins in domestic league are more related with a weakness of their opponents, or on some individual skills of players who are not as bad as a team managment is. Last manager got fired after a lose of Champ. lague qualif. against very limited team of Austria, and then controversial boss Mamic hired B. Ivankovich, coach that was 2 times already fired from dinamo, off course, cause a bad results. His debut was last saturday in a derby with Hajduk, which he lost with 2:0, although Hajduk have very young team with salaries way,way under dinamo players. Chernomorets on other hand with 6 wins in a row doing very well in much tougher league, and when we consider all of this, + fact that maybe the best player, Soudani, will miss todays clash and that dinamo have no supporters anymore ( app. 8.000 is expected although tickets are sold for 2 Euros ), must put at least small punt on visitors. Chernomorets Odessa away win 5.00 Bet365 3/10

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September 4pts Swansea-Draw Double Chance 11/10 Stan James Michael Laudrup said in the build up to this match that he is confident his side can go well in this match and I see why. Valencia look a side lacking a star player or two and have started really slowly. With the way Swansea play this match could be like a La Liga game in style but I’m confident the Welsh side have what it takes to get a result here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/valencia-vs-swansea-betting-swansea-can-avoid-defeat-at-the-mestalla 3pts Zulte Waregem to beat Wigan 13/8 Stan James Zulte Waregem beat Anderlecht at the weekend and that is a decent form guide, certainly better than losing to Leicester in the Championship at least. Home advantage and Wigan’s lack of European experience all point to this being a win for the Belgian side and at 13/8 the odds are certainly attract on Zulte too. It may not be the most convincing win but everything points to a home win to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zulte-waregem-vs-wigan-betting-belgian-side-can-spoil-wigan-s-europa-league-debut 4pts Tottenham to win both halves 21/20 Stan James This should be a comfortable Spurs victory. How comfortable it will be will depend entirely on what they want out of the game. If a win is enough and once secure they look to the weekend then the game might peter out but there’s a big win for them if they want it. As it is the first game of the group I’d expect Spurs to lay a marker down so the odds against on them winning both halves appeals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tottenham-vs-tromso-betting-tottenham-can-get-their-europa-league-campaign-off-to-a-convincing-start

Standard Liege vs Esjberg. My pick for the early kickoff would be Standard Liege. They are playing Esbjerg tonight at home. Stardard Liege has been flying this season in the Belgian League winning all 7 games played so far scoring 16 and conceding only 2. I have seen them play few times this season and I am impressed with some of their performance. I do realize that some of the teams they played this season are very poor and there is a vast difference in quality among the teams in this league. With that in mind, I still think Standard Liege is a quality side. Their 19 year old striker Michy is on top form this season and I can see them scoring few this game. Esbjerg on the other hand has not been impressive at all this season. This season started off similar to their performance like last season. Win here lose there, lose here and win there. Going to be another roller coaster of a season for them. They did however beat St. Etienne home and away in the Europa league. Taking Standard Liege form in mind and having the home advantage, I can see Liege winning this game. My bet -1.5 @ 2.35 at Bet365. Feel free to give your opinion on this game. Thank you.
I think this is a good bet. I think Esjberg were fortunate to make it through to the group stages as the stats from the St. Etienne 2nd leg were hugely against them despite winning 1-0. They only had one shot on goal the whole game. Also I remember Standard winning all 6 of their Europa League group matches maybe 2 seasons ago? That would suggest they take this competition very seriously.

I´m taking Sheriff today. Can not think that Anzhi are motivated here in Euro League, when they fighting in their League against Relegation. Sheriff will be motivated enough and Anzhi with important Game in Russian League against Volga Novgorod at Weekend. So i think Sheriff will not Lossing today. Sheriff AHC +0.5 @ 1.59 5/10 Pinn Sheriff @ 3.20 1/10 bet365
May follow you on this. Sheriff are a very underrated side and this is now the 3rd time they have progressed to the Europa League group stages (quite an a achievement for a side from Moldova). Anzhi have been making huge cut backs with the high earners all gone. They are on terrible domestic form and I cant imagine moral will be high. I certainly think Sheriff will avoid defeat here.

Any Serie A fan/expert over here? What's wrong with Lazio - Legia odds? LOL. I'm from Poland and I must admit, that this team is totally TRASHY right now. Their defense is very, very bad! Loosing 2-3 goals with average teams in the league during last weeks. Team Total over 1.5 is actually at 1.61 How the hell Lazio isn't supposed to do it? I can see them winning by 2-3 goals even with reserves. There's a different squad or something? Do they underestimate Europa League? Weird stuff.
reason why imho: Legia, coached by Jan Urban, travel to the Eternal City inspired by last weekend's 5-3 triumph at Korona Kielce. Wladimer Dvalishvili scored a hat-trick in that game and will lead Legia's attack in Rome. Just read: Wladimer Dvalishvili got injured on the yesterday training and will not play agiants Lazio

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September Thinking back to last night's Champions League games, I backed 'under 2.5 goals' on Marseille v Arsenal and Milan v Celtic. I noticed how both games were 0-0 at half-time, and gradually opened up in the second half. Marseille's game ended 1-2 and Milan's 2-0, so it is debatable whether 'under 2.5' was good value or not, but '0-0 at half-time' odds were about 3.0 in both games, and probably WERE good value. Why were first half unders good value? Well, I think Marseille have a reputation for being defensive and low-scoring, and they were up against a superior team, Arsenal, so it was natural to expect them to be cautious. You could perhaps say the same for Celtic away to Milan. Anyhow, I think there would probably be value backing first half unders goals in European club games IF you can work out which teams are more defensive-minded and which games are likely to start off with the sides being cautious. I'm hunting for defensive-minded teams tonight. If anyone has any suggestions, please say :)

i took very small apollon limassol to win. i don't have any info about them' date=' but trabzon traditionally sucks against cypriot teams. trabzon lost both games on the road in local league, so far, once was against besiktas and it was an expected loss, but they got outplayed by an akhisar team, which survived from relegation in last weeks of last season and which has the lowest budget overall, among 18 super league teams. they won both home games, but one was against newly promoted rize and the other was a mediocre team called karabuk. and none of those wins were convincing. apollon has some international players, couple of them are well known like c.meriem, or g.sangoy. trabzon probably has more quality on paper, but they didn't bring anything to pitch so far, this had always been a very intense match up, i expect them to struggle...[/quote'] i totally agree with you, i am a Trabzonspor fan but i never trust them as a matter of fact , they play like s..hit, its a open game with every result.. no bet for me..

Yes' date=' sure, but group stage games are very different that knock-out rounds. If it was a two-legged knock-out affair, PSV would have been very careful not to concede, Ludo wouldn't open up if they lose by just one goal (1:0) and so on - many factors against betting on many goals. However, in group stage the score doesn't matter, it is all about gaining some points. And it is first round so I see a more relaxed and open football. Plus, Ludo coach Stoev is not that stupid to try and keep 0:0, because he realizes that the chances for his team to keep clean sheet here are minimal, and they need to score at least once.[/quote'] PSV always plays attacking football, or is at least trying to this season. The have a very broad squad with Toivonen who will replace captain Wijnaldum. This shouldn't be a big problem since Toivonen has more firepower than Wijnaldum. Also upfront they have a lot of players to chose frome that can score and open up a game, players as Bakkali or Locadia. The problem is at the back, but I don't expect a really strong offensive Ludogorets side.

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September For team value, I think Ch. Odessa (5.0) away to Dinamo Zagreb, Swansea (5.1) away to Valencia and Genk (7.1) away to Dinamo Kiev could be value. Odessa are in good form in the Ukrainian league and Zagreg seem to frequently disappoint in Europe. Swansea are holding their own in the Premier League, and have a raft of Spanish players, and Valencia don't seem to be in great form. Kiev is hard place to go, but Genk have a very good away record in Europe - they haven't lost for five away games, drawing in Basel, Sporting and Stuttgart. Not a great deal of analysis, but the odds just seem a bit too long on these three teams.

Thinking back to last night's Champions League games, I backed 'under 2.5 goals' on Marseille v Arsenal and Milan v Celtic. I noticed how both games were 0-0 at half-time, and gradually opened up in the second half. Marseille's game ended 1-2 and Milan's 2-0, so it is debatable whether 'under 2.5' was good value or not, but '0-0 at half-time' odds were about 3.0 in both games, and probably WERE good value. Why were first half unders good value? Well, I think Marseille have a reputation for being defensive and low-scoring, and they were up against a superior team, Arsenal, so it was natural to expect them to be cautious. You could perhaps say the same for Celtic away to Milan. Anyhow, I think there would probably be value backing first half unders goals in European club games IF you can work out which teams are more defensive-minded and which games are likely to start off with the sides being cautious. I'm hunting for defensive-minded teams tonight. If anyone has any suggestions, please say :)
Just had a quick trawl through tonight's games, and I think these two are worth backing for first half unders. Din. Zagreb v Ch. Odessa First half goals under 0.5 2.75 Coral/Hills Odessa seem quite under-ish and I think Zagreb might be happy to be 0-0 at half time. Din. Kiev v Genk First half goals under 0.5 3.25 Coral/Bet365 Both sides are strong in Europe but don't score a lot of goals. I think Genk will try to keep it tight in the first half, and the odds on first half unders look attractive. (Odds from soccerway)

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September Frankfurt - Bordeux First uefa game after 7 years in Frankfurt. Everything changed since that time and i think Frankfurt has something tonight. Team has been working under guidence of Veh for quite some time and on summer transfer market they didnt lose any key player but instead they increased the quality of squad. Kadlec which Veh wanted most showed himself in Bundesliga games. Barnetta joined team after the injury news of Meier which is a big blow but i dont treat this injury as other preview makers because team has been playing without him for some time and they adapted new formation. First 11's are announced and coach Veh make no surprises. I dont know much about Bordeaux but i read somewhere that they lost players and club finance are not as strong as recent years. Their managers shuffled team every game in order to stay fit. i think Frankfurt can come up a with a big result tonight. Frankfurt -1 2.11 @pinnacle

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 19th September Lyon +1.0 @1.95 is one of my bets tonight. Lyon is very experienced on the European scene, and have had a catastrophic start of the season and after four losses managed to draw at home against Rennes. There were uncertainties surrounding the future of Gomis as Lyon wanted to cash on him, but he's here to stay and this might bring some serenity back and as this will be their second visit to Spain in a matter of weeks they will be keen to erase the memory of the 4-0 loss on aggregate against Sociedad. I might even have a medium punt on Lyon winning.

Most of time I'm just reading, so now want to give some contribution to this great forum. As a dinamo zagreb fan who is watching every match, must say that I'm very surprised with a odds on Chernomorets Odessa ( 5,00 on bet365 ) for tonights game. dinamo zagreb plays awfull, team has no team spirit and all the wins in domestic league are more related with a weakness of their opponents, or on some individual skills of players who are not as bad as a team managment is. Last manager got fired after a lose of Champ. lague qualif. against very limited team of Austria, and then controversial boss Mamic hired B. Ivankovich, coach that was 2 times already fired from dinamo, off course, cause a bad results. His debut was last saturday in a derby with Hajduk, which he lost with 2:0, although Hajduk have very young team with salaries way,way under dinamo players. Chernomorets on other hand with 6 wins in a row doing very well in much tougher league, and when we consider all of this, + fact that maybe the best player, Soudani, will miss todays clash and that dinamo have no supporters anymore ( app. 8.000 is expected although tickets are sold for 2 Euros ), must put at least small punt on visitors. Chernomorets Odessa away win 5.00 Bet365 3/10
Great call man! :clap..took them DNB for 3.5, turned it off at HT when they were 1-0 down, couldn't see them coming back..:lol

For team value' date=' I think [b']Ch. Odessa (5.0) away to Dinamo Zagreb, Swansea (5.1) away to Valencia and Genk (7.1) away to Dinamo Kiev could be value. Odessa are in good form in the Ukrainian league and Zagreg seem to frequently disappoint in Europe. Swansea are holding their own in the Premier League, and have a raft of Spanish players, and Valencia don't seem to be in great form. Kiev is hard place to go, but Genk have a very good away record in Europe - they haven't lost for five away games, drawing in Basel, Sporting and Stuttgart. Not a great deal of analysis, but the odds just seem a bit too long on these three teams.
Good start :lol..think it's the way to go in the Europa League, so many motivation issues it's better just to go for some big prices. Says the man with tons on Spurs handicaps..:lol

Frankfurt - Bordeux First uefa game after 7 years in Frankfurt. Everything changed since that time and i think Frankfurt has something tonight. Team has been working under guidence of Veh for quite some time and on summer transfer market they didnt lose any key player but instead they increased the quality of squad. Kadlec which Veh wanted most showed himself in Bundesliga games. Barnetta joined team after the injury news of Meier which is a big blow but i dont treat this injury as other preview makers because team has been playing without him for some time and they adapted new formation. First 11's are announced and coach Veh make no surprises. I dont know much about Bordeaux but i read somewhere that they lost players and club finance are not as strong as recent years. Their managers shuffled team every game in order to stay fit. i think Frankfurt can come up a with a big result tonight. Frankfurt -1 2.11 @pinnacle
Frankfurt win 3-0

Just had a quick trawl through tonight's games, and I think these two are worth backing for first half unders. Din. Zagreb v Ch. Odessa First half goals under 0.5 2.75 Coral/Hills Odessa seem quite under-ish and I think Zagreb might be happy to be 0-0 at half time. Din. Kiev v Genk First half goals under 0.5 3.25 Coral/Bet365 Both sides are strong in Europe but don't score a lot of goals. I think Genk will try to keep it tight in the first half, and the odds on first half unders look attractive. (Odds from soccerway)
Zagreb took the lead just before half-time to lead 1-0 at half-time. Kiev v Genk 0-0 at half-time, to put these two bets nicely in profit :)

PSV expected line-up: Zoet; Brenet, Bruma, Zanka, Willems; Schaars, Maher, Toivonen, Park, Matavz, Depay. Definitely over 2.5 is the way to go with such line-up. Zanka is a reserve central defender with little practice lately and he is very poor IMO (I just recall a few games from last season when he totally screwed his team with inadequate performance). I like that Toivonen will play in the position of attacking midfielder. He kind of lost his place in the starting eleven to the young guys, although he is one of the most established players in the team. He will be very motivated and will surely not be taking this game easy. Also Matavz doesn't start regularly and has a lot to prove. Both Toivonen and Matavz and physically strong and tall, and will offer good battle to the tall and powerful central defenders of Ludogorets. On the flanks, PSV loses some strength without Bakkali, but the full-backs are the weakest part in Ludo defense, so Park and Depay should do good job. As I said Zanka is poor and I expect Ludogorets' attackers to make use of him. I see this being a very open encounter. Ludo doesn't play defensively away from home - the only exception was the match with Partizan in Belgrade.
PSV started with different line-up than expected and with most key players on the field. I did as I wrote - waited till the 30th minute and took over 2.5 at very tasty odds. I can't believe what crappy attitude PSV showed - they were totally outplayed by Ludo, if Ludo were a little braver up-front, it would have been close to hammering. This stupid Europa league is still taking our money because of teams who treat the tournament like a friendly,

For team value' date=' I think [b']Ch. Odessa (5.0) away to Dinamo Zagreb, Swansea (5.1) away to Valencia and Genk (7.1) away to Dinamo Kiev could be value. Odessa are in good form in the Ukrainian league and Zagreg seem to frequently disappoint in Europe. Swansea are holding their own in the Premier League, and have a raft of Spanish players, and Valencia don't seem to be in great form. Kiev is hard place to go, but Genk have a very good away record in Europe - they haven't lost for five away games, drawing in Basel, Sporting and Stuttgart. Not a great deal of analysis, but the odds just seem a bit too long on these three teams.
nice one!

Incredible..:lol

(Incredibly, all three win: 1-2/0-3/0-1) Well, I suppose I can't complain too much about that :lol