Kevin Pullein saturday picks, 18% yield, 96 bets

Update to follow but we're back in the black as all three yellow cards in the game were shown to Southampton. We dodged a bullet as the bet was going to be under 5.5 cards in Cologne v Frankfurt but the line moved unfavourably and we got the "more than acceptable" next best instead.

I also noticed that Hills had taken an extreme view on this game, for instance having Swansea at 12/5 to get most cards or 8/1 for them to be shown more than 3 when Southampton were only 4/1. I didn't mention, or pay much attention to, those prices as, in a game where the market pretty much expected the cards to be evenly divided between the teams, there was every chance of them being treated as palpable errors.

5 yellow cards so a reasonably comfortable win, perhaps slightly less so if you were keeping an eye on the total as the game reached it's conclusion!

14 winners and 1 push from 27 bets this season, a profit of 1.63 points with a yield of 6.02% and overall +20.71 with a yield of 20.91% from 99 bets.

With just the one loss in the last 9 weeks I think this is now paying its way (even to my extremely modest staking) to justify deciding to buy the paper on a Saturday at least until the end of March. Shall we have a party to celebrate the 100th bet milestone next week? :)

4 cards but a losing bet as one of them was red!

15 winners and 1 push from 29 bets this season, a profit of 1.58 points with a yield of 5.43% and overall +20.66 with a yield of 20.45% from 101 bets.

I've had a quick look at return to Kev's advised stakes and I make it that the yield would be 8.85%, with 5 of the 8 bets losing that were only advised to a 0.5 point stake.

Just the 2 yellow cards so a reasonably comfortable winner, though I never really feel comfortable going low at that sort of line!

17 winners and 1 push from 32 bets this season, a profit of 2.3 points with a yield of 7.19% and overall +21.38 with a yield of 20.56% from 104 bets.

On 5/8/2016, 1:35:16, harry_rag said:

21 winners and 1 push from 37 bets this season, a profit of 4.83 points with a yield of 13.04% and overall +23.91 with a yield of 21.93% from 109 bets.

It may yet not be the final tally for the season but that's where we stand so far after two bet-free weeks. I make it that betting to advised (as opposed to level) stakes would see you 4.48 points up with a yield of 15.04%.

I'd be interested to know if anyone's been following the selections at all, or at least taking an interest in how they perform.

Keeping the thread updated was a bit of a chore until I decided to start buying the Ipad edition of the paper every Friday night, which was also the only way to give myself a decent chance of getting on at the price. As luck would have it, I hit a decent run of results and the paper more than paid for itself.

28 of the 37 bets were with 365 who were not, shall we say, too keen to hold the price for long on the Saturday morning.