** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD tuesday 23rd july

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july Taken Twice - Ballinrobe 8:25 - Each way @ 20/1 Boylesports Had has debut for the McDonagh yard last time out, and travelled really well for a long way. Went off at an SP of 23.51, and traded as low as 4.7 and should be much fitter this time around. Was 2nd to Kalico Kim at Kilbeggan back in June last year off a mark of 90, runs off 87 today. Has a 5 pound claimer on board also, so runs off a very lenient mark here, and 20/1 looks very big.

16.00 mussleburgh - burning thread - win @ 5/2 pp bog Out today with a penalty after winning last week. Still on a winnable mark. Noted this horse last week in my tracker as a fast horse recording a time faster than rp standard which won easily. Easy 7l winner last week and should follow up again today. Had some good form last year in much better races than todays. Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july 4.00 MUSS FINDOG @ 7/1 STAN JAMES BOG .5ew Fav Burning Thread looks the most likely winner but is way too short, 4 of the next 5 in the betting met over CD a month ago and Findog is much better off with all of them today. If a high draw is an advantage, Findog was drawn worse of the four in that race and best of the four today. Findog ran his best race for some time LTO and will be staying on for at least a place at a decent price.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july 4.45 SOUTHWELL CUT THE CARDS Evens (Bet365 #BOG) I followed closely the horse but he never made my BBOTD. After two impressive winning efforts I'm ready to jump on his train especially because I think a 7lbs penalty isn't enough to stop him today. Double distance winner and also course winner lto 9 days ago, improving race by race and still enjoying a lot the addition of cheekpieces. He didn't had to do very much to win last two races and today it will be a tougher (because more leveled) contest but none in the field seems to be at his level of form and ability. It's worth a try at evens.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july Ffos Las 8.05 - Mutual Regard (1pts win, 2/1 Bet365) Was in great form last season notching up a few wins and still looks to be one who could be an improver. Hasn't quite hit the high notes in 2013 with three starts resulting in (3,4,5) finishes. He looks worth another go at two miles though and this looks a winnable race, should go well.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july 745 Southwell: Victor Luedorum 4/1 (bet365/betfred) Trappy little handicap tonight and i'm going to take a chance on Charlie Mann's Victor Leudorum after a slightly disappointing run last time although it was a decent contest. Fehily back on top and he gave him a terrific ride at Ascot when they won and might be a bit of a monkey and needs knowing a bit. Wont mind a bit of rain and i should think they wont run him if it gets silly wet, thundering now here and i'm an hour away? Looks well weighted to me on 125 and the top one looks to have a lot to do off 11st 12lbs so Peachey Moment could be the danger but has had plenty of chances and wont want any rain at all. 4/1 looks a fair bet all things considered.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july 1415 southwell 1pt win beckhani 5/2 bet365 still a maiden,steps up in trip, with headgear fitted today,after some indifferent form in last 2 races,it might be time for the gelding to come good ,only 7 runners,and mccoy on board i hope to see the champion jockey make his move 3 out and that he has the stamina to see out the trip

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july Damaah 2.30 Musselburgh 1pt win 10/3 betvictor Favourite looks short based on one run even though the most likely winner. Johnston in fine form and Hanagan rides well at plenty of northern tracks. I like the Maktoum horses and feel it might be worth opposing if ready first time out.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july 6.05 FFOS LAS 5F Maiden....Golden Spear..11/8 Corals..Paddy Power...One run, gentle intro, against a horse that won well in a novice event last week..possibly G3 candidate....Golden Spear is the one with potential here, the rest are selling platers for me...Should be FAV imo, no doubt about that!.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july 7.05 Ffos Las - Stag Hill 1pt win @ 5/1 Ladbrokes There are plenty of reasons for me to oppose quite a few in this race and to me this horse looks one of the most solid. He won well last time out over 2f further at this track but the drop back in trip shouldn't pose any problems. He won that day off 53 so he is only 1lb higher today taking into account Robert Williams' claim. His trainer is one of the top trainers at the track and he should go close.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july 7.45 bangor - French Ties - win at 12/1 bog botlesports Take a chance with one of the outsiders here - CD winner, has won off this mark and has won off a break before The front two in the market look a bit short with AP's mount looking an iffy jumper and Peachey moment not in much form having been PU or beaten double figure lengths on it's last 8 outings

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july

20.35 Ffos Las: Tristessa' date= 25/1 William Hill, e/w
Tristessa hasn't shown much so far in her four career starts. She attempts 6f for the first time. She was well beaten lto in her handicap debut. She has been dropped two pounds after that run and, as it won't take much to get into the places today in a very weak race, I'm hopeful she could improve a bit in her second run of the season. Trainer Haydn Jones had his first winner of the season last week, which was ridden by today's jockey Rosie Jessop. She offers great value for her five pound claim.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july 20.55 Ballinrobe Coopers Joy - 1PT Win 8/1 Bet365 The last race at Ballinrobe is wide open and there is plenty of unknowns about some of these, Quinville Castle has had a couple of decent runs so far but is too short in the betting, and it could pay to side with Coopers Joy. She was sent off a second favourite on her debut last time out but perhaps found the 2m 4f trip too far and took a keen hold. The trip back to 2m here should suit, and with good conditions she shouldn't have any excuse this time round.

Re: BBOTD tuesday 23rd july

Taken Twice - Ballinrobe 8:25 - Each way @ 20/1 Boylesports Had has debut for the McDonagh yard last time out, and travelled really well for a long way. Went off at an SP of 23.51, and traded as low as 4.7 and should be much fitter this time around. Was 2nd to Kalico Kim at Kilbeggan back in June last year off a mark of 90, runs off 87 today. Has a 5 pound claimer on board also, so runs off a very lenient mark here, and 20/1 looks very big.
ouch, beat a head! :sad