The Single Life

Re: The Single Life

Sorry if the staking has become clouded somewhat....:unsure The basic premise is to try and at least double [or as near as ] the 10pt stake , hence why there may be a rolling treble instead of the usual double.
I originally thought you were only rolling up the winning bets over a single weekend, but I noticed you carried over the winnings from the Copenhagen bet from last weekend to put on Arsenal yesterday. I think that's what confused me. Anyway, good work - I'm sure your bets would pay a good return if you just staked singles :)

Re: The Single Life Friday - Portugal - BRAGA v ACADEMICA H2h - 11-1-1 in ALL comps . League form - BRAGA are in 4th spot with a home record of 9-1-2 , the 2 defeats were against the teams in 2nd and 3rd while the draw came against the 5th placed side. They have conceded only 5 goals in 12 homes . ACADEMICA are in 13th with an away record of 3-3-6 , the wins coming against the sides currently in 10th , 12th and 16th. They have scored only 7 goals in 12 aways. Bit of a leap of faith but i think the 1.40 on the home win is worth taking so i'll have 10pts on it After defeats to BENFICA and PORTO in their last 2 match's i hope BRAGA will try to get back to winning ways against a team they usually beat .

Re: The Single Life MAN CITY v west brom H2h - 5-0-0 League form - CITY are still clinging onto 2nd spot in the EPL with a home record of 9-3-2 WEST BROM are in 13th and now look to be nearing safety , they have an away record of 2-6-6 Other news -YAYA TOURE will be CITY's only missing player while the Baggies will be without the midfield pair of Yacob and Brunt due to suspension. Regular keeper Foster will miss out due to injury. MAN CITY have been winning HT / FT in the last 5 homes v West Brom. Stake 10pts on Man City @ 1.33 At 15:00 we have ATH MADRID v GETAFE Hh2 - 4-0-0 League form - ATHLETICO are in 4th place but need to win this to keep tabs on the automatic qualification for next season Champions League , they are 4pts behind VALENCIA but have a game in hand . At home they are 11-2-1 . GETAFE are in 13th place with an away record of 3-2-8 , 2 of those wins came v the bottom [20th] and 17th placed sides. Other news - ATHLETICO will miss central defender MIRANDA to suspension while GETAFE have RODRIGUEZ [midfielder] also out through suspension. ATHLETICO have kept a clean sheet against GETAFE in the last 8 match's [ALL comps] as well as winning HT/FT in the last 5 homes v GETAFE. Stake any returns [or10pts] on ATHLETICO @ 1.33

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Single Life MAN UTD v ASTON VILLA H2h - 10-0-1. League form - UTD are in 4th spot but need to overhaul ARSENAL to get into that automatic 3rd placed spot . At home they are 12-1-2 and have the joint top number of home goals [33] VILLA are in 16th and still need to get points from every game they can if they are to avoid relegation . Away from home they are 4-2-9 . Other stats /news - MAN U have Jonny Evans suspended and a few injured but the team they look like putting out has been winning in the weeks before the International break . They have scored at least 3 goals in 7 of the last 8 at home to VILLA , they have won 9 of their last 10 homes in the EPL and have been winning H/T F/T in 5 of the last 7 homes v VILLA . VILLA , despite their recent slight upturn , have still only managed 8 goals away from home this season . Hard to see how VILLA can stop UTD scoring so i'll be having 17.69pts on MAN U to win this @ 1.33

Re: The Single Life At 17:00 we have CHELSEA v STOKE H2h - 6-0-0 [stoke have scored once at Stamford Bridge] League form - CHELSEA are top of the EPL , 6pts clear of Man City withe a game in hand . They are 11-3-0 at home , conceding only 6 goals in 14. STOKE are safe enough in 10th with safety from relegation assured. They are 5-4-6 away from home . Other stats/news - CHELSEA have a near fully fit squad to choose from [Obi Mikel is out through injury] while Stoke cannot rely on Victor Moses as he is ineligible to play against his parent club. While CHELSEA are clear in the league with a game in hand i believe Mourinho will want the tittle wrapped up asap esp after being knocked out of the Champions League . STOKE are safe from relegation and imo the home side will be more motivated to win this after draws to BURNLEY and SOUTHAMPTON in their last 2 homes . Stake 10pts on CHELSEA @ 1.30

MAN UTD v ASTON VILLA H2h - 10-0-1. League form - UTD are in 4th spot but need to overhaul ARSENAL to get into that automatic 3rd placed spot . At home they are 12-1-2 and have the joint top number of home goals [33] VILLA are in 16th and still need to get points from every game they can if they are to avoid relegation . Away from home they are 4-2-9 . Other stats /news - MAN U have Jonny Evans suspended and a few injured but the team they look like putting out has been winning in the weeks before the International break . They have scored at least 3 goals in 7 of the last 8 at home to VILLA , they have won 9 of their last 10 homes in the EPL and have been winning H/T F/T in 5 of the last 7 homes v VILLA . VILLA , despite their recent slight upturn , have still only managed 8 goals away from home this season . Hard to see how VILLA can stop UTD scoring so i'll be having 17.69pts on MAN U to win this @ 1.33
3-1 Man U ... :) Returned 23.53pts

At 17:00 we have CHELSEA v STOKE H2h - 6-0-0 [stoke have scored once at Stamford Bridge] League form - CHELSEA are top of the EPL , 6pts clear of Man City withe a game in hand . They are 11-3-0 at home , conceding only 6 goals in 14. STOKE are safe enough in 10th with safety from relegation assured. They are 5-4-6 away from home . Other stats/news - CHELSEA have a near fully fit squad to choose from [Obi Mikel is out through injury] while Stoke cannot rely on Victor Moses as he is ineligible to play against his parent club. While CHELSEA are clear in the league with a game in hand i believe Mourinho will want the tittle wrapped up asap esp after being knocked out of the Champions League . STOKE are safe from relegation and imo the home side will be more motivated to win this after draws to BURNLEY and SOUTHAMPTON in their last 2 homes . Stake 10pts on CHELSEA @ 1.30
CHELSEA 2-1 Returned 13pts Very hard to find a selection for today but eventually i've plumped for IFK GOTHERBERG v ATVIDABERGS H2h - 4-0-0 [iFK have scored 13 and conceded only 1 ] League Form - First day of the league so going in slightly on the blind side but since the start of the year IFK have played 5 Atlantic and Svenska Cup games [which i presume were competitive] at home and they won 4 losing in the Atlantic to Norwegian opposition but have won all 3 Svenska Cup games inc 2 against Alvenskan opposition [Helsingborg and Hacken] scoring 10 and conceding 1. ATVIDABERGS have only played friendlies since the start of the year and won only 1 of the 4 played away from home. To give further eveidence of the gulf between the 2 IFK are 6.50 to win the league while ATVIDABERGS are 181.0 Stake 13pts on IFK @ 1.30

Re: The Single Life IFK 1-0 Returned 16.90pts Here's the embarrasing bit ......:\ i appeat to have forgotten to post todays bet which was 16.90pt on ANDERLECHT [see h2h thread] They won 1-0 so the revised table should read ... Starting Bank - 100pts Selections - 75 Wins - 52 Stake returned - 2.5 Current Bank - 236.88pts. Sincere apologies for not posting this earlier.....:spank

Re: The Single Life Really getting past it ....posted the selection for this thread on the h2h thread !!!!...need drink :p Anyway it went south after a 1-1 draw. Starting Bank - 100pts Selections - 76 Wins - 52 Stake returned - 2.5 Current Bank - 226.88pts.

Re: The Single Life Sat ---- SPURS v VILLA H2h - 4-0-0 League form - SPURS are in 6th place on the same points as 5th placed LIVERPOOL who hold the automatic spot for the Europa League. At home they are 9-3-4 , those 4 defeats came within the first 5 league home match's , since the 30th Nov they are 7-3-0 . VILLA are in 16th and still not safe from relegation , away from home they are 4-2-10 . They have lost 6 of the last 7 , the win came against a poor Sunderland who sacked Poyet after that result, they never managed a goal in those 6 defeats. Other stats / news - SPURS will miss the services of Kyle WALKER and Hugo LLORIS but those are the only 2 missing for the home side while VILLA have added HUTTON , SINCLAIR and WESTWOOD to their already lengthy injury list. VILLA have been losing H/T - F/T in 6 of the last 7 aways while SPURS have scored at lest twice in their last 6 homes . Although VILLA seem to have improved since SHERWOOD took over the facts are he has managed only 2 league wins against the 14th and 20th [bottom] clubs while gained a point at home in mid-week to fellow strugglers QPR [18th] They have lost in the league to Stoke [10th] , Newcastle [13th] , Swansea [8th] and Manu [3rd]. I think the motivation to try and keep tabs on a faltering MAN CITY[4th only 7pts i front] and bypass LIVERPOOL will be enough to see off a still struggling ASTON VILLA . Stake 10pts on SPURS @ 1.62

Re: The Single Life SPURS were maybe not as motivated as i gave then credit for ..........:@ 0-1 to VILLA results in a 10pt loss Sunday ------- ESPANYOL v ATH BILBAO H2h - 7-1-0 [11-5-0 since March 1999] League form - ESPANYOL are in 10th with a home record of 7-5-3 . ATH BILABAO are 5-3-7 away from home , 4 of those 5 wins came against teams in the bottom half of the table. Both sides are clear of relegation worries. Other stats /news - ESPANYOL have a full squad to choose from while BILBAO will miss MUNIAIN [Attacking Midfielder] and INTURRASPE [Defensive Mid ,mainly comes on as sub] to injury but more significantly the man who has 3 times more goals than any other team mate , ADUIRIZ [12 goals] is suspended. Stake 10pts on ESPANYOL to win @ 2.50 from Betvictor

Re: The Single Life 1-0 ESPANYOL Returned 25pts Starting Bank - 100pts Selections - 78 Wins - 53 Stake returned - 2.5 Current Bank - 231.88pts. Sat- LEVERKUSEN v HANNOVER H2h - 7-0-0 League form - LEVEKUSEN are in 4th with a game in hand over GLADBACH in 3rd [auto CL place] with a home record of 7-6-1. HANNOVER are 2-5-7 away from home Other stats /news - LEVERKUSEN have won their last 6 matches in the Bundesliga , they have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 7 home games against HANNOVER and have been winning HT/FT in 6 of the last 7 v HANNOVER in all comps. HANNOVER have failed to win any of their last 12 league games . HANNOVER will miss defensive/midfielder - defender SANE through suspension. Stake 10pts on LEVERKUSEN @ 1.36

Re: The Single Life 2-0 at HT to LEVERKUSEN , so at the risk of making an idiot of myself i'll make the 2nd selection for today upon which the [hopefully] returns of 13.60pts will be placed . Norway - 17:00 - ROSENBORG v STROMGODSET H2h - 5-1-0 League form - Still very early with only 2 games played but i can't ignore the fact that ROSENBORG have won both with a goals tally of 11-0 while STROMGODSET have had 1 draw and 1 defeat [away from home] No suspensions but ROSENBORG might have 2 out through injury but as they did not appear to miss them last time in a 6-0 away victory i'm willing to overlook it. STROMGODSET may still be missing a key defender in MADSEN who has missed the first 2 games . Stake 13.60pts [if LEVERKUSEN win , and as it's now 3-0 i believe they should !!]] onto ROSENBORG @ 1.50

Re: The Single Life 1-1 ROSENBORG .......:@ ROMA v ATALANTA H2h - 10-0-1 League form - ROMA are in 3rd place [CL Qualifying spot] just one point behind city rivals LAZIO and they also have a game in hand so a win here would go above LAZIO [who lost last night] by 2pts with a game stil to play. At home ROMA are 8-6-1 [ 4draws and the loss coming after the winter break] ATALANTA are in 17th place ,just one place above the relegation zone , although they are 6pts clear and have a game in hand over CESENA in 18th. they are 2-6-7 away from home [1-3-3 since the break] Other news / stats - ROMA have won all 9 home games v ATALANTA in all comps and were winning H/T - F/T in the last 7 of those 9. ROMA are undefeated in 33 of their last 35 home league games. ATALANTA have failed to win in 3 of their last 14 away league matches. ROMA have Di ROSSIand defender MANOLAS suspended along with regulars GERVINHO , MAICON and KEITA all out injured but ATALANTA have no less than 3 suspended [defender , midfielder and the forward PANILLA , who has scored 3 goals since the break] along with other 3 regular defenders out through injury. ROMA have toiled since the new year but hopefully the return of TOTTI , abck to full fitness after injury , and the makeshift back line that ATALANTA will be foreced to play will eneable ROMA to leap-frog their city rivals back into 2nd place.

Re: The Single Life ROMA 1-1 ......:(......just when you kid yourself your getting a hang on how disciplined you are when making a selection , reality comes round and slaps you on the face . With hindsight it was an overestimation to take 1.44 on a team who had won ONCE at home in the league since the new year [7 games] , playing against a side who had drawn 4 of their 8 aways since the new year , both sides had missing players through suspension . It was a clear NO-BET , but due to ignoring the obvious choice of MAN CITY to win [due to the 1.29 odds] through ego and greed , i went with ROMA and the rest is history. I don't like this time of the year for betting on football at the best of times and decisions like today's just strengthen that opinion. Starting Bank - 100pts Selections - 81 Wins - 54 Stake returned - 2.5 Current Bank - 211.88pts.

Re: The Single Life Sat - Dutch EREDIVISE - HEERENVEEN v WILLEM H2h - 5-1-0 League form - HEERENVEEN are currently in 6th with a home record of 8-4-3 [5-1-1 since the winter break , the sole loss coming against AJAX] WILLEM are in 10th and are 4-1-10 away from home , 3 of the wins came against teams currently in 14th , 15th and 18th in the league. Other stats/news - HEERENVEEN will mis a couple of regular defenders due to injury and suspension while WILLEM have a fully fit squad to choose from. HEERENVEEN have scored at least 3 goals v WILLEM in 6 of the last 7 home games. HEERENVEEN probably need at least on more win to secure a place in the Eredivise's Europa league play-offs while WILLEM are safe from relegation . Despite missing 2 players i think the home side should be strong enough to take this and strengthen their Play-Off spot . Stake 10pts on HEERENVEEN @ 1.80 with betvictor

Re: The Single Life HEERENVEEN 1-1.......:\ Starting Bank - 100pts Selections - 82 Wins - 54 Stake returned - 2.5 Current Bank - 201.88pts. As things start to go pear-shaped in the main European leagues i've widened the net to include other leagues from around the world. Friday - Bolivia - BOLIVAR v BLOOMING H2h - 10-1-0 [24-5-0 since April 2000] League form - BOLIVAR are top of the league with a home record of 8-1-0 [25 goals for , 5 against ] BLOOMING are in 5th with an away record of 1-5-3. Other news/stats - BOLIVAR are unbeaten at home since at least May 2014 , that's 22 wins and 2 draws . The main advantage that BOLIVAR has over BLOOMING is that while the home side play in LA PAZ [3640m above sea level ] BLOOMING play in SANTA CRUZ which is a mere 416m above sea level and that difference in altitude is key to BOLIVAR's previous successes. Stake 10pts on BOLIVAR @ 1.36 with Wm Hill

Re: The Single Life Well....we've had some bad luck and we've had good luck but tonight [Friday] we had bloody amazing luck as BOLIVAR came from 3-1 down with 5 mins to go to go on and score in the 84th , 86th and 92nd min to win 4-3 !!!!! Returned 13.60pts. Saturday - Chile - COLO COLO v S WANDERERS H2h - 6-1-0 League form - COLO are in 3rd place with a fairly average home record of 2-2-4 , however 3 of those defeats came against teams in the top 6 [2 were the current 1st and 2nd] WANDERERS are in 16th with an away record of 1-4-3 Other news/stats - WANDERERS will miss playmaker LUNA , midfielder SALDIAS and defender PRIETO through suspension and defender OPAZO is injured. COLO will probably play the same side that won 4-0 against 9th place Cobreloa last week as they have no new injuries or suspensions . COLO are also no longer involved in the Copa Libertadores so should be fully focused on this fixture which they have lost only once in the last 13 corresponding fixtures. Unfortunately we've missed the 1.53 which was on offer but 1.44 from Wm Hills still appeals [just] so lets have 13.60pts on .

Re: The Single Life EVERTON v SUNDERLAND H2h - 6-0-1 League form - EVERTON are in 11th with a home record of 7-7-3 while SUNDERLAND occupy the 18th [automatic relegation] spot with an away record of 2-8-6. The most significant fact about EVERTON's home form is that since they were knocked out of the Europa they have won 4 from 4 inc wins against MAN U and SOUTHAMPTON. Other news/stats - After that away loss to in-form ASTON VILLA last weekend EVERTON will be desperate to win this , they have a chance of finishing in 8th if all goes their way in the last 3 games . They are unbeaten in 21 / 23 against SUNDERLAND in ALL comps , have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 7 homes in the EPL as well as winning H/T - F/T in those last 4 home wins. SUNDERLAND really need the 3pts esp as they play CHELSEA[a] , ARSENAL[a] and LEICESTER[h] in their last 3 league matches but despite that home win against SOUTHAMPTON they have only won away at CRYSTAL PALACE [before they employed Pardew and improved] and NEWCASTLE [ who are 2-2-5 at home in the league since that game] Stake 10pts on EVERTON @ 1.83 Just a few minutes after that game ends we will hopefully be putting the winnings onto HELSINGBORGS over in Sweden. HELSINGBORGS v GELFE - H2h - 5-1-0 [9-2-0 since 2005] League form - HELSINGBORGS are in 7th place after 7 games but are 2-1-0 at home while GELFE are in 10th with an away record of 1-0-3 and have conceded 12 in those 4 games while HELSINGBORGS have conceded only once at home . Stake any returns from the EVERTON game onto HELSINGBORGS , currently 1.60 with Hills

Re: The Single Life EVERTON 0-2 followed by HELSINGBORGS 1-2......a 20pt loss on the day Starting Bank - 100pts Selections - 86 Wins - 56 Stake returned - 2.5 Current Bank - 191.46pts. The EVERTON result was the nail in the coffin for the main Euro leagues which are nearing the end of their season's as once more the 'silly season' eats into the profits and annoyingly i only have myself to blame . Therefore i shall call it a day and am happy to end this episode of the 'SINGLE LIFE' Fear not regular readers i shall be continuing this over the summer with any games i can find in which a h2h advantage can be found as well as [hopefully] some team info. Colombia 22:00 this evening ..JUNIOR v HUILA H2H - 11-1-0 [Huila have not won away at Junior since 1995] League form - JUNIOR are in 8th place in the Apertura with the top 8 qualifying for the Apertura play-offs .The 9th and 10th side are 3pts behind as they go into this last round and if i've read the table correctly then 9th placed TOLIMA could still grab 8th place if they win an JUNIOR lose so there's still something for the home side to play for. At home JUNIOR are 6-3-0. HUILA are top of the Apertura but their away form hasn't been as good as their home form , 4-1-3 compared with 6-4-0. Team news - With the help of Google translate it would appear that while JUNIOR will miss OVELAR [striker] , HUILA will be missing at least 6 due to suspension/injury ...no less than 5 of those players played a part in their last league game so it's fair to assume they will be not be fielding their strongest side. With a very strong h2h and HUILA apparently being hit by missings i will go for JUNIOR to win @ 1.53 with Ladbrokes

Re: The Single Life I notice that some historical results on Flashscores is missing now. Usually from 2010 or 2011. It's a bit strange. As you know JTW I also use h2h, so it's a bit annoying. I need to go onto Soccerway or Soccerstats to get the missing results. It's a pain in the arse lol

• 5 weeks later...

Re: The Single Life JUNIOR v HUILA 0-1.....10pt loss Weds - Serie A - ATLETICO MG v SANTOS 5-1-0 . H2h - 5-1-0 [5/6 finished Over 2.5 goals] League form - 8 games played and so far ATLETICO are 2-1-0 at home , losing a derby game v CRUZIERO last time after being 1-0 up. SANTOS are 0-1-2 away from home . Team news/stats - ATLETICO have scored at least 2 goals in their last 7 homes v SANTOS as well as being in front HT/FT in 6 of those 7. SANTOS will definately be missing a defender ,Cicihino, to injury as well as striker Robinho off on international duty with Brazil [ scored 2 of Santos's 8 goals] Stake 10pts on ATLETICO MG @ 1.50

• 1 month later...

After a very nice season 2014/2015 , the summer league's didn't really catch my attention [especially after a less than conspicuous start] , i'm back with a few ideas on how to maximise the potential profits for thie coming season which kicks-off [for me anyway] on Saturday.. I'm going to introduce a few rules for me to stick to [loon.gif] The main change is to try and gain a 30pt+ return from each 10pt bet , as opposed to the previous 20pt return. I believe that the strike rate , if i can maintain it, should enable us to get that profit up. This means each bet will turnout to be at running treble. I will be open to which market the bet will be placed on. The starting bank will be 50pts as opposed to the usual 100pts , this is an attempt to keep the its sharpened as i will now only be 5 bets away from oblivion instead of the usual 10 !! [ mind you if that does happen i'll just have to pop another 50 in !! ] In the event of things going to plan and the bank reach's 100pts then the stake will be increased to 15pts and so on after every 50pts is added to the profit total. If 3 of these increased stake bets loses then the stake will revert to the previous amount.

Good luck this season mate. Totally admire your diligence. Have you ever broken down the various leagues into there personal performance?
Thanks macmuck and to answer your question ...no....never checked that angle out but i'd be surprised if there was any one league that stood out or was below par , at least on gut feeling. Friday @ 19:00 - Dutch Eredivise - VITESSE v RODA H2h - 5-0-1 Only the 2nd game to be played in the league . It's always makes sense to alllow most leagues a game or 4 for things to settle down and it's for that reason [and last week Arsenal result] that i'm going to go for an OVER 2.5 Goals bet in this Friday night game. The last 6 corresponding fixtures have seen the Over 2.5 bet come in , indeed 12 of the last 13 meetings between the sides in ALL competitions have seen over 2.5 goals scored . In their opening fixture's VITESSE scored once in an away fixture while RODA netted 3 at home . The Eredivise is well known for it's high percentage of games ending Over , 58% last season. Team news - VITESSE will have striker Oliynyk suspended for this one , he scored their goal in the opening fixture but only scored 3 in 28 appearances last season . RODA have a full squad . CORAL'S are offering 1.50 for Over 2.5 while the rest are 1.44 maximum , so lets have 10pts with them.

VITESSE 3-0 :nana Returned 15pts There are 2 that kick-off at 14:30 on Saturday and of the 2 i'm more inclined to go for ZENIT rather than LEVERKUSEN . The 2 reasons are 1 - It's the opening games in the Bundesliga and 2 - LEVERKUSEN are playing away against NAPOLI midweek in the Champions League qualifier. ZENIT will be playing their 5th game of the season and aren't involved in the CL at this stage. They have a full squad to choose from. H2h - 4-0-0 scored 14 conceded 1 . ZENIT have not lost to KRASNODAR in all 10 league meetings [home and away] 8-2-0. League form - ZENIT are still top [if CSKA win tonight they will drop to 2nd] and have won both home games while KRASNODAR are 1-1-0 in 2 aways. Stake 15pts on ZENIT @ 1.55