** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Single Life

Re: The Single Life

Well done JTW' date=' great work, you deserve good luck with all your research. Typical for me i got the draw and went to bed before your winning post........ah well i shall have to try to stay up a little longer next time.[/quote'] :ok GENK 1-1 L WARSAW 1-1 U DE CHILE 3-2 U CATOLICA 5-1 ....Returned 21.35pts Starting Bank -100pts Bets - 16 Wins - 10 Draw - 3 Lost - 3 Current Bank - 125.01pts

Re: The Single Life Bet 1 on Sunday - KALMAR v BROMMAPOJKARNA [14.00] - Home h2h record is 3-2-0 , ok not the greatest amount of games played between them but if we look at the current league table we have KALMAR in 5th place with a home record of 4-4-0 and they have conceded the least amount of goals at hoem this season , 5 . BROMMA on the otherhand sit at the bottom of the table with only 8pts , they are 0-1-7 away from home and have conceded 22 , the highest amount in the league. Whilst BROMMA appear doomed [7pts adrift ] KLMAR are still in with a chance of a Europa League spot [4pts from joint 2nd/3rd ] All things considered the 1.20 from Corals appears decent so lets have 10pts D-N-B on KALMAR . Hopefully we'll have the next bet 15 mins after the KALMAR game ends as over in the Czech Rep we have LIBEREC v PRIBRAM whuch has a home h2h of 11-3-1 . The Czech League is only a week or two old but LIBEREC had a decent draw away to CESKE where they had slightly more possesion and had more shots at goal [12] and 5 of those were on target. PRIBRAM have won only 2 aways in the past 2 seasons. The stake will obviously depend on the result of the KALMAR game but current best odds are 1.33 from Hills. Finally at 23:30 over i Columbia we have DEP CALI v PASTO - Home h2h record is 10-6-2 . Again the league is only just started but after an away draw DEP CALI lost at home 1-0 but conceded just 60 secs after going down to 10 men . Hope fully the home side will atone for that loss and the odds for the D-N-B are 1.20 from Hills

Re: The Single Life Have to post this one for Monday now as the K-O is 18:00 Denmark Superliga - MIDTJYLLAND v RANDERS had a home h2h record of 10-3-1. The league is only 2 weeks old . Stake dependant on the DEP CALI result but current odds are 1.40 Another game that caught the eye for Monday [also 18:00 ko] is in the Swedish Allvenskan - GEFLE v MJALLBY has a home h2h of 4-2-0 . GEFLE are 3-2-2 at home but those 3 defeats were against the sides currently in 3rd/4th/5th in the league. MJALLBY are 1-1-6 away from home and that sole win was against the bottom club BROMMAPOJKARNA . Interestingly since 2001 [15 games in both leagues and 2 friendlies ] there has been only one game between the two where the away side won [GEFLE in 2010 ] Decent odds of 1.53 .....might have a bet on this ....;)

Surprised you're not all over Barcelona in Ecuador tonight.....
Yeah , they should win Jase but the D-N-B odds are a bit too low for me [1.14] . I did contemplate going for the straight win but i'm trying to stick to DNB for the time being

Well done JTW ' date=' Dep Cali won.[/quote'] Indeed ...2-0 so that returns 12pts which is going onto MIDTJYLLAND d-n-b @ 1.40 with Corals. So tempted to include GEFLE in a double ...but NO ....it's single's only so i'll have 10pts D-N-B @ 1.44 with Corals

Re: The Single Life MIDTJYLLAND 3-1 ;)......returned 16.80pts GEFLE 1-0 1-0 ;).......returned 14.40pts Starting Bank -100pts Bets - 21 Wins - 13 Draw - 5 Lost - 3 Current Bank - 131.21pts Only Cup competitions mid-week ..Friday looks promising

Re: The Single Life Czech 16:00 - JABLONEC v SLOVACKO - Home h2h 10-1-1 . 3rd week of the season - D-N-B odds = 1.50 with Corals [way above the majority 1.36-1.44] Swiss 16:45 - ST GALLEN v AARAU - Home h2h 12-7-0 . AARAU sit in 4th after 4 games but 3 have been homes while ST GALLEN have won one and drawn the other at home. D-N-B odds = 1.30 [Corals] Swiss 19:00 - BASLE v ZURICH - Home h2h 22-6-3 . Top of the table clash with ZURICH 4-0-0 and BASLE 3-0-0 but with 3 of ZURICH's victories coming 4 of the current bottom 4 sides and were at home , BASLE have played only once at home . D-N-B odds = 1.35 with Wm Hill Belgium 17:00 - MECHELEN v KORTRIJK - Home h2h 5-4-1 . KORTRIJK have lost their opening 2 games . D-N-B odds = 1.60 [Corals] Have to have an interest in JABLONEC at those odds from Corals so that'll be 10pts @ 1.50 D-N-B , any return from this game will be invested in BASLE D-N-B @ 1.35. Also 10pts @ 1.60 [well above the average 1.44/1.50] from Corals on D-N-B MECHELEN is worth taking .

JTW1, How did you play them ? time different is too close..
10pts on JABLONEC was returned after a 1-1 draw , i then was able to put the 10pts onto BASLE @ 1.35 which returned 13.50pts following a 4-1 win. I had a separate 10pts on MECHELEN who unfortunately lost 2-1 after being reduced to 10 at 1-1...:eyes So having had a look at the early morning kick-offs over in the America's i think a D-N-B is needed in the FC DALLAS v COLORADO match. Home h2h - 16-6-3 . Current form in the league also points to a DALLAS win as they are 3-2-0 in their last 5 homes while COLORADO are 0-1-4 in their last 5 aways and have also conceded 13 goals in those 5 games. Stake 13.50pts on DALLAS D-N-B @ 1.40 with Corals *sorry about the late post ..circumstances i'm afraid

Re: The Single Life DALLAS 3-1 ...;)...returned 18.90pts.. That 18.90pts will be put onto COLO COLO v O'HIGGINS tonight over in Chile at 20:30 This game has a home h2h of 8-3-1 . 3 games played and COLO are 2-1-0 while O'HIGGINS are 1-1-1 . According to another preview website i use O'HIGGINS are missing a couple of regulars D-N-B odds are 1.25 with Corals so stake that 18.90pts onto that .

Re: The Single Life Starting Bank -100pts Bets - 26 Wins - 16 Draw - 5 Lost - 5 Current Bank - 111.21pts Feels like :wall ...as is plain to see with the short odds i'm taking that it only takes one or two losing bets to blow away any profit ...so the question is how to try and keep the strike-rate high while looking for better odds . [:eyes simple eh ] My initial thoughts are to stick within a range of odds on offer ie 1.5 to 2.5 this also has the advantage of doing away with 'running trebles ' as the odds should mean either doubles or a single would reach my target of doubling the initial wager . So let's see how this version fares - PERU 19:15 U COMERCIO v LEON DE HUANUCO H2H - 2-2-1 [inc Cup Comps] , significantly in 10 meetings between the 2 sides only once has there been an away win recorded [8 league , 2 Cups] League standings - COMERCIO are currently in 11th place , one point below LEON in 10th . At home COMERCIO are 3-0-2 with the 2 loss's against the clubs in 1st and 4th place , and have conceded only 3 goals in 5 home games [in fact they have conceded the least amount of goals in the league so far this season - 8 in 11 but to counter that they have only scored 11 albeit 8 came at home. LEON are 1-1-4 away from home , conceding 13 goals in the process [16 conceded h/a] That single away win came against the side currently 16th and bottom of the table. Stake 10pts @ 1.66 PaddyPower - U COMERCIO D-N-B .

Re: The Single Life 1-0 represents a decent start and returns 16.60pts Friday 18:00 NORWAY START v STROMSGODSET H2H - 5-2-2 [inc 1 Cup game] League positions - START are currently in 10th [22pts] and are 3-3-3 at home , one of those home defeats came v current 2nd plcaed ODD in which they conceded the winning goal 1 min after going down to 10 men while another was against 4th placed ROSENBORG. STROMSGODSET are sitting handily in 3rd spot in the Tippeligaen but i suspect their present position owes more to their home form , 7-2-1 , than to to their away stats of 3-2-4 and those 3 wins came against 3 of the current 4 bottom teams in the Superliga. STROMSGODSET have brought in 5 new signings while START have signed 2 . I'm hoping that START will be a bit less unsettled with only 2 new faces coming in and coupled with the h2h and the fact that the opposition has picked up max points from lesser sides means that the 1.85 on offer from Betvictor represents decent odds for a D-N-B punt Stake 16.60pts @ 1.88 on START D-N-B

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Single Life Holidays over so it's time to concentrate on the Football .... I like the look of SUNDERLAND D-N-B away to QPR today . The main reason is the sorry state that Rangers seem to find themselves in , played 2 scored 0 conceded 5 and watching last weeks highlights of the thrashing at Spurs they appear all at sea and Redknapp looked like a man with no answer to the problem in his post-match interview . They were beaten 1-0 bu Hull in the season opener and suffered an embarrassing 4-0 league Cup defeat at Burton in mid-week , morale should be rock-bottom imho and we could see Hoddle take over sooner than later !! Charlie Austin is a doubt with injury while Loic Remy must have an idea there;s every chance he could be off by close of the transfer window on Monday . Faurlin is out for the season with cruciate ligament trouble. Sunderland on the other hand are sailing along nicely after 2 draws , at home to Man U and away at West Brom . Since Gus Poyet took over and settled his side they have managed to escape relegation and picked up points at Man U , Man City and Chelsea in the tail-end of last season . A fully-fit squad to chose from and against a club finding it difficult to adapt to a new system i believe that 3.30 on the Black Cats to win is decent enough but let's play it safe in case a mis-hit shot goes in and take the D-N-B @ 2.20 from bet365. Stake 10pts

Re: The Single Life 1-0 QPR ....:@ Back to the simple stuff and in Holland in just about 45 mins we have PSV taking on VITESSE and there have been 13 homes wins in the last 16 corresponding fixtures . Odds of 1.55 are quite attractive considering PSV are 3-0-0 , scoring 12 and conceding 3 and that included a win against AJAX . VITESSE are 0-1-2 so far . Stake 10pts on the home win @ 1.55

Re: The Single Life 2-0 PSV....:eek..;) 17.00 - Serie A - LAZIO have managed only 1 win in 21 visit's to AC MILAN , the home side have won 12 . New manager Pippo Inzaghi has emptied out a good few of the failures from last season , Ballotelli , Kaka , Robinho amongst others shown the door . After a morale boosting win in the T.I.M cup . Lazio have also changed a lot their squad for the start of the new season but that h2h stands out so i'm having 15.50pts on the D-N-B @ 1.50 with Ladbrokes .

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Single Life Starting Bank -100pts Bets - 31 Wins - 19 Draw - 5 Lost - 7 Current Bank - 104.26pts Going to keep this running over the full season now but i'm not going to restrict myself to one kind of bet [eg D-N-B as has been the case ] This is basically an exercise in discipline for myself as the bets posted here will be my only football bets with real money on ...i really need to stick to this...so with h2h's the backbone here goes for 2014/15 Sat 12.45 - SPL - CELTIC v aberdeen - 27-2-0. Now that the distraction of European qualifiers is out of the way i fully expect Celtic to start a run which will probably see them crowned Champions before the end of February !! They have skipper Scott Brown back from injury while Aberdeen will miss full-back Robertson , but it's that stunning h2h record that makes the home win a bet in itself , esp at the generous [imho] of 1.50 Stake 10pts @ 1.50 from Paddy Power. Next up is BARCELONA v ath bilbao [ko 15.00] and BARCA have won the last 10/10 at home against the Basques . The front line of Messi ,Neymar and Pedro should ensure that the home side will score more than the visitors will and the 1.33 looks a good bet to me. If Celtic win then the returns go straight onto the home win , if not then it's 10pts on 1.33 from Betvictor. Bundesliga 17.30 - MOENCHENGLADBACH have won 5 of the last 6 at home to Schalke . Both sides have yet to register a win but the h2h coupled with the fact that Schalke will be facing an away trip to Chelsea in the CL mid-week as well as having a good few out injured [borrusia should have Max Kruse back ] suggest's to me that while the home win look's the bet , at the odds on offer the D-N-B option is the one to take @ 1.70 from Betvictor. If the first 2 games have gone to plan then it's 10pts on the D-N-B

Re: The Single Life just one bet stands out for me today .. Greece - 14:00 - XANTHI v levadiakos has finished a home win in 6 of the last 7 corresponding fixtures. Only 3 games played in the Superleague with both XANTHI and Levadiakos sitting on 2pts [ 0-2-1 ] .This will be XANTHI's 2nd home game [0-0 1st home game] while LEVADIAKOS have played only 1 away [3-2 defeat ] LEVADIAKOS never won an away game last season 0-1-16 [scored 12 , conceded 41] . Unfortunately i can't find any team news and that pulls me back from going for the straight home win instead i'll take the safe option of D-N-B of 1.47 from Betvictor . Stake the 17pts returned from last weeks G'LADBACH win onto XANTHI @ 1.47