** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Single Life

Hopefully there will be some winnings to place on AJAX to beat WILLEM later on this evening. H2h - 14-1-0 Only round 2 in the Eredivise and so far AJAX had an impressive 3-0 away win at ALKMAAR while WILLEM drew against VITESSE at home. AJAX have no injuries or suspensions to deal with while WILLEM have 2 doubts through injury , both were mainly used as subs last season. Other stats - AJAX have been winning H/T - F/T in their last 7 homes in all comps v WILLEM and have kept a clean sheet in 10 of 11 in the last 11 homes against WILLEM . Although they have a Europa League Qualifier this week i can't see any other result than an AJAX victory here . Current price is 1.40 with Stan James , let's hope thats still available after the ZENIT game.

ZENIT - 0-2 15pt loss AJAX 3-0 13.30pts returned ''Sunday , we have an 11:30 game over in Russia [ icon_rolleyes.gif] when LOKO MOSCOW take on TEREK . H2h - 7-1-0 . LOKO are having a great start to the season with 3 wins and a draw from 4 games and impressively those 3 wins all came away from home [albeit all 3 are currently in the bottom half of the table] while the draw came against city rivals DYNAMO. TEREK are 0-3-1 with all the drawn games played against bottom half clubs , the loss came in St PETERSBURG. LOKO are unbeaten in 27 of the last 30 homes. LOKO have scored at least twice in 7 of their last 8 home games v TEREK in all comps. Stake 13.30pts on LOKO MOSCOW @ 1.83 with Corals.'' This is what i belived i had posted last night but for some reason beyond my small brain it would appear not to have done so but reappeared after i click on ;restore previously saved post ' !!! As LOKOMOTIV drew 0-0 it proved a waste of time [and money] and i'm happy to discard the Russian Premier from any future bets . I did not follow the Russian league in past season and only decided to take an interest this season as they were highlighted on WHOSCORED.COM . However after this weekends results and being a superstitious sod at the best of times they are gone !!!!

AZ ALKMAAR are 2.10 with Betvictor to make it 9-1-0 in this fixture against WILLEM II and they have drifted out from 1.83 and i can't quite figure out why ?? AZ have only 1 injury doubt and he's a new signing . Both teams have been beaten by AJAX 3-0 this season and have drawn the other match they have played so far , AZ away to EXCELSIOR which looking at the stats would appeared to have been an evenly matched encounter as would WILLEM's draw at home to VITESSE. What stands out for me is the h2h and the fact that WILLEM , over the season's , have relied heavily on their home form to stay in the Eredivise , winning only 5 from 17 last season with 4 of those against teams who finished 12th to 18th [bottom] of the table and in their previous 2 forays into the top league they failed to win a single away game . AZ have been winning HT - FT in 8 of their last 9 homes games v WILLEM in all comps and have kept a clean sheet in 5 of the last 7 of those games. AZ have scored at least twice in 8 of their last 9 games v WILLEM in all comps. Stake 10pts on AZ ALMAAR @ 2.10

AZ ALKMAAR are 2.10 with Betvictor to make it 9-1-0 in this fixture against WILLEM II and they have drifted out from 1.83 and i can't quite figure out why ?? Stake 10pts on AZ ALMAAR @ 2.10
Probably the fact they lost 3-2 away to Astra in the Europa League... I must admit; I am wary of teams that have played in midweek in Europe that have travelled and lost... Doesn't matter if you earn £15,000 or £500,000 a year; travelling is tiring! Saving grace they are playing at home; take advantage of the better odds if you feel confident in your bet! ;)

Sorry! I wasn't being critical... I sometimes find value backing against teams that have played midweek in Europe, espcially when they have lost. I won't go into detail, but my best return was taken on Salzburg after they had been dumped out of the Champion League by Malmo, when favourites to proceed last year.