** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Friday 24th

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 2.35 Goodwood ~ Accession ~ 10/1(bet365) Takes a class drop tomorrow from 2 to 4. Ran a solid race in the Spring Cup at Newbury to finish 6th. Then ran at Goodwood, was slowly away before making quick ground up then weakened late on. Today, Head Of Steam, who finished a neck behind that day, overturned the winner that day George Guru so the form looks strong enough. Hopefully Kirby can get him into a decent position early on from his wide draw. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 2.35 Goodwood - Shamahan 10/1 Bet365 EW BOG I find this horse quite intriguing because he has recorded some decent TS times and RPR's without ever being full extended in some ways. He bolted up at Windsor beating a decent enough field in a maiden where his trainer seemed quite bullish about his potential ability. He then got caught out and dropped back at Doncaster before picking up markedly in the straight to which the racing post commentator suggested that he would leave a mark of 79 well behind, let alone the 77 he races off tomorrow. He then disappointed on soft (trainer said after his first run that he needs good ground) before running respectably in what has turned out to be a hot race at Leicester on his first run back. The top two have placed in decent races and the 3rd and 5th have won since. With that run under his belt and hopefully some dry ground he could well show this mark to be all wrong especially with Ryan Moore in the saddle for his old man. My main concern is the draw but Moore has a good record around Goodwood and the draw stats on ATR do suggest it might not be the worst draw there is. I took 12's earlier this evening and the 10's is starting to get a little short but I will still take my chance.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 14.35 Goodwood: Magic City @ 16/1 Paddy Power Magic City travelled like a dream on his seasonal reappearance at Leicester last month. He was on the bridle until 2f out, going much the strongest, however travelling in rear proved fatal, as the leading pair was not too catch and nothing was able to stay on from behind in that race. The jockey realized this soon and eased Magic City down. He is way better than this form no doubt, as he showed promise as a 2yo, competing in some really competitive races. He was seen on a racetrack only twice last year, not very successful appearances, and he dropped now down to a very low looking mark. He could be easily better than that, and with 5lb claimer WT Davies booked, he really should be right in the mix when it matters tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Fri 24th May 2013 4.20 Goodwood (10 runners) WENTWORTH has to be the selection here, the Richard Hannon trained 3yo should get a good tow along from stable mate ANNUNCIATION and I'm hoping he can live up to his obvious potential. 6f and the lay off is a bit of a concern but he's very well thought of by Hannon and Hughes and if fit enough, he should take all the beating. WENTWORTH 1pt WIN @ 85/40 (BOG - BetVictor)

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Wentworth 4.20pm Goodwood - 1pt WIN - 9-4 Ladbrokes Wentworth went in the notebook last season and I have been waiting for him to get a run this season. The record for 3 year olds in this race isn't very good but he could be better than average. Concerns are if he needs the run and the 6f trip as he was staying on strongly over 7f at York and won over 1m last time out. Most rivals are out of form and Prodigality rates the main danger. Ground should be fine and I like Hughes at this track.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th

14:35 Goodwood
Plenty horses in with chances in this class 4 handicap over 7 furlongs and despite the fact I think it's interesting that Richard Hughes opts to go for Hughie Morrison's lightly raced
Flexible Flyer
instead of Richard Hannon's
Magic City
for whom he is stable jockey for, I myself am giving Hannon's 4 year old a chance in this race. He's clearly not one of the superstars we normally see from his yard and although he did seem to be highly regarded as a 2 year old when winning a maiden at Newbury in great fashion before competing at listed level and the yearling stakes at York later on in the year, he hasn't exactly set the world alight and has yet to get his head in front again since his debut back in 2011. He has competed in handicaps off markso] of 82-88 with his best effort coming at Doncaster as a 2 year old when finishing 3/12 off a mark of 88. He gets in off a mark of 80 today which is his lowest handicap mark to date and add to that, William Twiston-Davies takes off a further 5lbs which will certainly help his chances here today. His best efforts have been in good to firm ground which is the expected ground here today, his form in said ground is 1225 so he clearly needs the ground to be on the fast side. He had a run at Leicester last month and although it wasn't a run to shout about it was in good to soft ground and he should strip fitter for that run and hopefully he will come on from that today. He has only attempted this trip of 7 furlongs three times with form of 306 (the 3rd came in GF ground). I don't particularly think this a very strong race and with 4 places on offer I feel my selection has decent each way claims providing the ground stays in his favour.
0.5pts E/W Magic City @ 16/1 (
Stan James
- BOG, 1/4
odds
, 1,2,3,4)

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th *Miss Lahar > Goodwood 4:20 > Each-way @ 14/1 VC BOG* Was given her re-appearance at Chester and ran with credit at 33/1, fifth of seven but not that far behind the winner. Should come on a lot for the run. This horse has some very good form in the book, including finishing second in a Group 3 in 2011, and has been placed in Listed company also. She had a year out for some reason or other, but the run at Chester offers hope that she has life in her yet and the price is worth a bet.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 515 Haydock: Al Furat 9/2 SJ/Lad Must be nuts going for a Lady Riders Amateur race but if the ground stays decent then Al Furat must have a cracking chance here. The jockey does know the horse well and rides him at home so thats the reason for taking a chance. Looked like a horse who could progress after winning at Redcar last season but failed to build on that but last time at Newcastle they changed tactics by settling much closer to the pace and going on in the straight, he had always been held up out the back. As a result he looked back to his best and is worth following in this weak contest.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 1810 cork 1pt win make your mark 2/1 bet365 this 2 mile trip should suit this horse after running at the cheltenham and punchestown festivals this year over a half mile more,he has already won over the 2 mile trip albeit a nh flat pro am race,but with ruby on board for the 1st time,he can team up with the mullins yard and take this race which is not as competitive as his previous races

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th G3.10 Divergence e/w 10/1 Sportingbet It's perhaps something of a surprise to see that Darren Egan has the best strike rate of the jockeys in this race (6 wins from 21 rides) and his 3lb claim might just make the difference here. The Stoute horse (Centred) is to be feared enough to make this an e/w bet, but it looks sure to run its race and actually beat some well fancied rivals when winning its maiden last time out. The horse saw out the trip well when winning that race and todays conditions are pretty much the same so I think it should be in the shake up.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 14:35 Goodwood Brave Echo - 4 runs at track winning twice including over CD last August. Been running in class2 and class3 races since last win which was at track off 81 last September. Dropping to class4 for today on a mark of 82. When last over CD finished 5length 6th off 84 but "did best of trio that blasted off in front when sixth over C&D" will hopefully have a easier time today and 10/1 ladbrokes looks a fair 0.5 EW bet.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 2.35 Goodwood - 1pt win Accession @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes) Clive Cox has his string in good order and although his runner here has been a little bit frustrating, there's a prize in him and I feel it could be today given he's worked himself back down to a decent mark and runs in the the lowest grade of his career since winning a Newbury maiden. This 0-85 contest should make things a bit easier for him and he can be excused for not landing a gamble over this c&d last time out. He was a bit slowly away and had to be rousted up to chase the pace - which was especially hot. Ultimately those who sensibly sat off the gallop swept through inside the final couple of furlongs and this fella could only finish 8th. The effort can be upgraded a little for those reasons as well and you only have to look at his reappearance run in the Newbury Spring Cup to see that he brings good recent form to the table. The bit of rain we had could improve his chances a little as well (good to soft could be ideal) and Adam Kirby takes the ride for the first time in about a year. He was on board for both of his wins and also got a fine tune out of him when he last rode the horse off 95 in a hot handicap won by Mince. The blinkers go on for the second time in his career but it's difficult to gauge how that'll go as it was inconclusive when he wore them in a valuable race on soft ground last July at Newmarket. I doubt they'll do him any harm and now fingers crossed the drop in weights and grade, the return of Adam Kirby, and hopefully learnt lessons from last time out, he can go very well this afternoon.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 235 Goodwood - Good Authority - Hills, PP - 8/1 Ran a good race at Ascot that has seen Karaka Jack and Tiger something or other run well next time out. Drop to 7f could be beneficial given a good pace to run at and William Buick has been booked for the ride. Drawn 1 so hopefully breaks and doesn't meet trouble in the straight. Traded 1.51 in the run LTO too.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th 2.35 Goodwood Magic City 12/1 365 The best handicapped in the race, plus jockey taking 5off. Needs to be buried to be delivered late, stable in form, and if they have him on song, will take care of this lot. 1/2 point e/w, decent ew for me.

2.35 Goodwood Magic City 12/1 365 The best handicapped in the race, plus jockey taking 5off. Needs to be buried to be delivered late, stable in form, and if they have him on song, will take care of this lot. 1/2 point e/w, decent ew for me.
Thats a good shout, well done sir!

14.35 Goodwood: Magic City @ 16/1 Paddy Power Magic City travelled like a dream on his seasonal reappearance at Leicester last month. He was on the bridle until 2f out, going much the strongest, however travelling in rear proved fatal, as the leading pair was not too catch and nothing was able to stay on from behind in that race. The jockey realized this soon and eased Magic City down. He is way better than this form no doubt, as he showed promise as a 2yo, competing in some really competitive races. He was seen on a racetrack only twice last year, not very successful appearances, and he dropped now down to a very low looking mark. He could be easily better than that, and with 5lb claimer WT Davies booked, he really should be right in the mix when it matters tomorrow.
:clap

2.35 Goodwood Magic City 12/1 365 The best handicapped in the race, plus jockey taking 5off. Needs to be buried to be delivered late, stable in form, and if they have him on song, will take care of this lot. 1/2 point e/w, decent ew for me.
Filth!!!!! :p On the 2nd.... :sad Well done m8 :clap & Rob too - apologies - missed that - u too are an arse!! ;)

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Yarm 4.30 - Salutation - win at 2/1 bog Laddies Typical mark johnston horse improving as it steps up in trip Made all to win over a furlong or so shorter last time, running on strongly in the finish That was on good to soft so the rain softened ground here shouldn't worry him and he should get his own way out front again in a smallish field

14:35 Goodwood
Plenty horses in with chances in this class 4 handicap over 7 furlongs and despite the fact I think it's interesting that Richard Hughes opts to go for Hughie Morrison's lightly raced
Flexible Flyer
instead of Richard Hannon's
Magic City
for whom he is stable jockey for, I myself am giving Hannon's 4 year old a chance in this race. He's clearly not one of the superstars we normally see from his yard and although he did seem to be highly regarded as a 2 year old when winning a maiden at Newbury in great fashion before competing at listed level and the yearling stakes at York later on in the year, he hasn't exactly set the world alight and has yet to get his head in front again since his debut back in 2011. He has competed in handicaps off markso] of 82-88 with his best effort coming at Doncaster as a 2 year old when finishing 3/12 off a mark of 88. He gets in off a mark of 80 today which is his lowest handicap mark to date and add to that, William Twiston-Davies takes off a further 5lbs which will certainly help his chances here today. His best efforts have been in good to firm ground which is the expected ground here today, his form in said ground is 1225 so he clearly needs the ground to be on the fast side. He had a run at Leicester last month and although it wasn't a run to shout about it was in good to soft ground and he should strip fitter for that run and hopefully he will come on from that today. He has only attempted this trip of 7 furlongs three times with form of 306 (the 3rd came in GF ground). I don't particularly think this a very strong race and with 4 places on offer I feel my selection has decent each way claims providing the ground stays in his favour.
0.5pts E/W Magic City @ 16/1 (
Stan James
- BOG, 1/4
odds
, 1,2,3,4)

14.35 Goodwood: Magic City @ 16/1 Paddy Power Magic City travelled like a dream on his seasonal reappearance at Leicester last month. He was on the bridle until 2f out, going much the strongest, however travelling in rear proved fatal, as the leading pair was not too catch and nothing was able to stay on from behind in that race. The jockey realized this soon and eased Magic City down. He is way better than this form no doubt, as he showed promise as a 2yo, competing in some really competitive races. He was seen on a racetrack only twice last year, not very successful appearances, and he dropped now down to a very low looking mark. He could be easily better than that, and with 5lb claimer WT Davies booked, he really should be right in the mix when it matters tomorrow.
Well done fellas! Great shout... Couldnt get a handle on him myself!