Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Odds of over 5.0 on Newcastle look attractive. Despite a few recent poor performances at home, Newcastle have traditionally been strong at St James's Park. The pressure here is likely to be on Arsenal.

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May i would not even consider newcastle since arsenal will win their last two games to secure champions league football next year. anything else and they would only have themselves to blame and i can't see them being complacent

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May

i would not even consider newcastle since arsenal will win their last two games to secure champions league football next year. anything else and they would only have themselves to blame and i can't see them being complacent
I love your confidence :clap But this is Arsenal we're talking about, they usually lull people into a false sense of security before doing something monumentally out of turn. They're not a consistent side IMO. It'll be interesting to see first how the Wigan game pans out first before making a call.

I love your confidence :clap But this is Arsenal we're talking about' date=' they usually lull people into a false sense of security before doing something monumentally out of turn. They're not a consistent side IMO. It'll be interesting to see first how the Wigan game pans out first before making a call.[/quote'] its pretty safe bet now

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Very much looks like under 2.5 to me. First of all, both Arsenal away and Newcastle in general (home and away) tend to be "unders" teams. Arsenal are solid in the back, but don't impress when going forward on the road - they rather try to nick "economic" results. Newcastle used to be one of the most "over"-prone teams in the league till January, when Ba was sold, several French players were brought in, who stabilised defensive performance, and a few of the injured players in the back returned. Focusing on the particular match, Newcastle is the team with little motivation here. Sure, they will play for their pride and great supporters, but I don't see them keeping high tempo and attacking much. I think they will try to upset Arsenal and will therefore be more defense-minded and looking for surprises on the break. Arsenal, on the other hand, are in a do-or-die situation. They must win and all that matters for them is the 3 points, no matter how they gain them. So, I expect Arsenal to be solid in the back once again and if they take the lead in this match, they will be much more concerned about keeping it than trying to score more. Anyway, I don't see how "unders" deserve 2.35 here. Any logical reason why "overs" will be considered so much more likely here?! I personally don't find any such reason in teams' stats, formations and motivation. In the best case "over" and "under" should be at par, but I would even price "over" slightly higher. Under 2.5 @ 2.35

Any logical reason why "overs" will be considered so much more likely here?! I personally don't find any such reason in teams' stats, formations and motivation. In the best case "over" and "under" should be at par, but I would even price "over" slightly higher. Under 2.5 @ 2.35
Maybe the bookies are thinking that this is the first time Newcastle will play a match without pressure on their shoulders as they've been close to the relegation zone for a while. Now that they are safe, they might play like free spirits and attack arsenal at home for their fans. If this is the way it plays out then overs will happen very quickly.

Maybe the bookies are thinking that this is the first time Newcastle will play a match without pressure on their shoulders as they've been close to the relegation zone for a while. Now that they are safe, they might play like free spirits and attack arsenal at home for their fans. If this is the way it plays out then overs will happen very quickly.
Or that if Arsenal get a lead, they will get more on the counter. Or that if Newcastle get a lead, THEY will get more on the counter (with Arsenal having to win the game to be sure of a top four place).

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Newcastle's First Choice keeper Krul is injured and backup Elliot was sent off in the last match so Newcastle left with Harper who hasn't played a great deal of football the past two seasons and is retiring end of season.

Very much looks like under 2.5 to me. First of all, both Arsenal away and Newcastle in general (home and away) tend to be "unders" teams. Arsenal are solid in the back, but don't impress when going forward on the road - they rather try to nick "economic" results. Newcastle used to be one of the most "over"-prone teams in the league till January, when Ba was sold, several French players were brought in, who stabilised defensive performance, and a few of the injured players in the back returned.
I don't see this as being particularly accurate myself. Newcastle have gone over 2.5 goals in fourteen out of their last nineteen games home and away. In contrast to last season Newcastle have shipped goals at an alarming rate in 2012/13. They've lost their last two homes, as we know, shipping nine goals in the process. Arsenal have been tight of late, but I still see them as having a fairly weak back line. They rely very much on possession football (obviously), and when that goes awry we see how flimsy they are. I suspect they've been working on overdrive to claw back points, and maintain a CL push. Bottom line is that neither side are strong defensively, so I see more of an open game, and you'd have to be brave to back under 2.5 goals. Newcastle won't be playing for much, but they are free from fear of relegation.

Bottom line is that neither side are strong defensively, so I see more of an open game, and you'd have to be brave to back under 2.5 goals. Newcastle won't be playing for much, but they are free from fear of relegation.
Arsenal are not strong defensively? They have conceded two goals in their past five games (one against Man United) and have conceded the second least amount of goals in the entire league behind Man City.

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Where's I'm a gooner with his thoughts on this one? Have to agree with a few on here 6.4 for the home team, and to be fair I would be tempted with any home team at 6.4 against Arsenal last match with much more at stake for Arsenal, when the chips are down Arsenal do have a habit of making things hard from themselves. To be fair would love Arsenal to finish this match early with a few goals in the bag, but really don't think this will be the case Sunday.

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Good price on Arsenal considering we (Newcastle) have nothing to play for, have been playing terribly recently and Arsenal have everything to play for . Also we will be playing with 3rd choice keeper Harper whos last game it will be for the club and to be honest i expect him to concede a few goals tomorrow as his reactions are far to slow. Santon, Haidara, Sissoko and Ameobi all expected to be out for this as well.

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Hard to say how this will turn out really. We have made hartd work of our last few away games (Fulham, WBA and QPR especially) so I wouldnt be entirely comfortable about taking a short price on Arsenal.

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Newcastle are known to have a formidable fortress at St James Park but this season has been far from it. Won 9 Draw 1 Lost 8. Europa League messed up Newcastles season this year but if you look closely at there recent form the last goal they actually created themselves was against Benfica. Because the goal against WBA was off a mistake and against QPR was a penalty and another goal off a mistake. Also watching the game against Liverpool it was clear that they just didn't know how to create a chance. So its clear to see Newcastle have real problems scoring which for me rules out BTTS. Arsenal defense seem to have tightened right up keep 2 clean sheets in there last two away games and generally looking very solid. Given the importance of the game I do not expect Arsenal to start slowly and for me the key to this game is getting the first goal. Because once they do they will keep hitting Newcastle on the counter attack like Liverpool and Sunderland did the other week. Arsenal to win @ 1.5 - 8 points

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May 4pts Over 3.5 goals 29/20 BetVictor I think Arsenal will probably do what they need to do in this match but they are very short for this match, I suspect based on the comments of Alan Pardew last week. I’m not so convinced it will be that straightforward though so I would rather go for the goals market because these two usually throw up plenty of them. There were 10 goals in the reverse meeting at the Emirates earlier in the season and I think we’ll see another four at least here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-arsenal-betting-goals-should-be-a-given-once-again-between-these-two-20130519

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Hi, can someone tell me if the below described formula guarantees profit or I am missing something. My local bookie offers Arsenal to Score First @ 2.10, while most online bookies have it @ 1.44-1.50 Bet365 has Newcastle to Score First @ 3.00 William Hill offers Correct Score 0-0 @ 21.00 - So if let's say I place $100 on Arsenal to score first, possible winnings $210 - Then I place $80 on Newcastle to score first, possible winnings $240 - I also place $10 on 0-0 Correct Score, possible winnings $210 So if Arsenal score first or game finishes 0-0 my profit is $20; and if Newcastle score first my profit is $50 Did I miss anything?

Hi, can someone tell me if the below described formula guarantees profit or I am missing something. My local bookie offers Arsenal to Score First @ 2.10, while most online bookies have it @ 1.44-1.50 Bet365 has Newcastle to Score First @ 3.00 William Hill offers Correct Score 0-0 @ 21.00 - So if let's say I place $100 on Arsenal to score first, possible winnings $210 - Then I place $80 on Newcastle to score first, possible winnings $240 - I also place $10 on 0-0 Correct Score, possible winnings $210 So if Arsenal score first or game finishes 0-0 my profit is $20; and if Newcastle score first my profit is $50 Did I miss anything?
Yes,you have guaranteed profit.You are not missing anything

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May Newcastle have been vulnerable on the flanks, which is where Arsenal have been strong. With Arsenal in good form, and Newcastle in bad form, with Sissoko out, and Harper playing, I will be backing Arsenal -1 AH on betfair @1.99. This bet would have been break even @1.7 this season, so the above odds is a good one, especially with motivational issues and team news factored in.

wow Mustafa this is very generous to get 2.1 for Arsenal to score first. Good luck
In the beginning it was 2.62. I don't know how they do their calculation, but they offer Newcastle to score first @ 1.30.

Re: Newcastle United V Arsenal > Sunday 19th May The difficulty with this game is Pardew. not guy to be trusted, I'm sure some Newcastle fans will agree. Last week after the game at QPR, he said "I don't care if we lose four nil to Arsenal" probably an emotion charged statement given the under achiever's release from the hangman's noose. I think Newcastle will continue with Pardew's philosophy and go gung-ho with not to much emphasis on defence, making for an open game and the possibillity of goals. Over 4.5 match goals; 11/4 B 365