** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Grand National Ante-post

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand National Ante-post

clan royal for me i know he's not run for 115 days and jonjo's stable not at it's best but this horse has been well prepaired for this. very unlucky last year and lost a lot of ground before the elbow due to the whip loss. will not happen today if he's in the same position with the best on baord A P McCOY. skinny odds for a race like this but the national has become more of a class race these days so i say to you all, :nana get on :nana
scouse, i feel for you ! unlucky last year was nothing compared to this ! would have given hedgehunter a good race i feel, but loose horses AND a slipped saddle. poor old AP will never win this race. the winner carried 11-1 and the second 11-10 proving how open it was. i told the brother last year that Hedgehunter would come back this year but having missed the fancy prices and reading the know it alls i talked myself out of it. was on hero who was third four out and i was sweating but he just ran out of puff and finished eighth. as regards next year i don't think there were any pointers with 21 finishers and 10 in with a chance three out. the winner was lucky to be back where he was when clan royal was taken out of it, but it is a race where you need luck

Re: Grand National Ante-post Wire - stop being cheeky Clan Royal was unlucky again this year - i dont think he'd have beaten Hedgehunter but a definite placing was on the cards. Well done to those on Hedgehunter - the first horse in 22 years to carry more than 11 stone to victory so well done him. Pretty poor from a personal point of view although Heros Collonges gave me a good run for my money :clap

so after all the stats and tips' date=' weight, favourites never winning, bad form, 2 outsiders come 2nd and 3rd and the fave wins !! :lol[/quote'] As you can see Hedgehunter was one of the 5 horses that passed the stats tests I used. Sadly it was the only one of the 5 that i didn't bet on.

• 1 year later...

There is only one horse going to win the Grand National & that is Dun Doire took it 3 months ago now down to 10/1 Irish form holds up & is made for this race
Backed it too. Wasn't very impressed by performance the other day. Jumping not that great, hopefully he'll get act together before the race. :unsure

Re: Grand National Ante-post Cheers to AK also:ok Key Stats for the race are: Favourites Only 3 have won in last 20 years but only two of the last 10 winners started bigger than 16-1. Previous runners Since 1988, only one horse who either won or was placed in a previous year’s National has gone on to win a later renewal of the race. Weight No horse in the last 22 years has (apart from HeadHunter 05) has carried 11 stone or more and won the Grand National. 2006 Numbersixvalverde 10-8 2005 Hedgehunter 11-1 2004 Amberleigh House 10-10 2003 Monty´s Pass 10-7 2002 Bindaree 10-4 2001 Red Marauder 10-11 2000 Papillon 10-12 1999 Bobbyjo 10-0 1998 Earth Summit 10-5 1997 Lord Gyllene 10-0 1996 Rough Quest 10-7 1995 Royal Athlete 10-6 1994 Miinnehoma 10-8 1992 Party Politics 10-7 1991 Seagram 10-6 1990 Mr Frisk 10-6 1989 Little Polveir 10-3 1988 Rhyme ´N´ Reason 11-0 1987 Maori Venture 10-13 1986 West Tip 10-11 Age Dont bet on anything aged younger than 8. The most successful ages are 9 (5 wins and 17 places) and 11 (4 wins and 12 places). Rating Only one horse with an official rating of over 154 has won the National in the last seventeen years. Only two such horses have even been placed during that period. Horses with a rating of less than 125 (3 wins and 9 places since 1988), or between 147 and 153 (4 wins and 11 places since 1988) are the ones to follow. Horses with ratings between 140 and 146 have also been relatively successful. Stamina Every winner since 1970 has winning form over a minimum of 3 miles. The last 20 winners ran within 42 days for fitness purposes.Freshness seems to be key and seven of the last 10 winners were given only two runs since the turn of the year. and also No French bred horse has won the Grand National for nearly a century.