** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

April 8 - April 14

Back Fernando Verdasco to win ATP Houston for a 1/10 stake at 17.00 with Ladbrokes Back Ryan Harrison to win ATP Houston for a 1/10 stake at 51.00 with BetVictor Two long shots for me. Verdasco is bound to bounce back and this might be the right time for him, as he has a fairly easy draw. His fitness, of course, remains to be the big question, but the price seems to be set accordingly. Meanwhile, the price on Harrison is just massive. Isner might be a bit tired after the Davis Cup and the draw would really open up after that, so there you go. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-houston-betting-fernando-verdasco-and-ryan-harrison-might-go-rather-far-in-houston-this-week-20130407 Back Pablo Andujar to win ATP Casablanca for a 1/10 stake at 12.00 with Ladbrokes Back Benoit Paire to win ATP Casablanca for a 1/10 stake at 17.00 with BetVictor Andujar is looking for a hat-trick of titles in Casablanca and has a fairly reasonable draw, so one has to like his chances this week. Meanwhile, Paire can be a beast on a good day, so there is no reason to have him at such a huge price here in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-casablanca-betting-pablo-andujar-and-benoit-paire-to-enjoy-the-conditions-in-casablanca-20130407 Back Petra Kvitova to win WTA Katowice for a 1/10 stake at 3.75 with Bet365 Back Klara Zakopalova to win WTA Katowice for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with Stan James The surface should be fairly quick, which is something that Kvitova is going to like and the fact that the city of Katowice is just a stone's throw away from the Czech Republic should also help her. Klara Zakopalova might be worth a punt as well, as she is in the weaker half of the draw and has all the right weapons for these conditions. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-katowice-betting-the-czechs-look-set-to-dominate-the-event-in-katowice-20130407

Re: April 8 - April 14 Stanislas Wawrinka to win ATP Casablanca 3,00 @ Betfred I don't agree with CzechPunter here. Wawrinka should be fresh in this tournament as he haven't played since Indian Wells. At Buenos Aires he was beaten in the final by Ferrer, after going through a relatively hard draw, all of them in straight sets. But there will be no Ferrer in this tourney, and the competition is just too weak for the Swiss. The top of the draw is tougher with Paire, Robredo and Melzer, but he should be able to get to the final, while the bottom of the draw is just poor. I'd consider Haase as a long shot, but he plays his first clay court match this year, after only a few days rest because of Davis Cup. One more thing, he has perfect record on this court as he already won Casablanca 3 years ago. Dev Varman to beat Ramirez-Hidalgo 2,6 @ BetVictor Dev Varman hasn't played on clay court since 2011.05.24 because of a shoulder injury but in the past few months he has been playing well. He has the ability to rally, and has a relatively good serve compared to his ranking. On the other hand Ramirez-Hidalgo is yet to find a win in 2013. He played a close match with Giraldo, and overall he is right to be favorite but I think he's overpriced.

Re: April 8 - April 14 Back Rhyne Williams to beat Guido Pella for a 2/10 stake at 2.34 with Pinnacle Pella might be the more talented of the two, but he hasn't been able to do much outside South America just yet, so I feel that it might be worth going against him at this price. The conditions are not that slow over in Houston and that should help Williams, who can produce some big hitting and who has made plenty of progress in recent months. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-pella-betting-rhyne-williams-looks-value-over-in-houston-20130408 Back Marta Domachowska (+1.5 sets) to beat Annika Beck for a 1.5/10 stake at 2.84 with Pinnacle Back Marta Domachowska to beat Annika Beck for a 0.5/10 stake at 5.75 with Pinnacle Annika Beck deserves to be the favourite, but not such a huge one. Domachowska will be motivated to do well in home conditions, while Beck is known to struggle in hostile ones. Worth a punt I would say, as a set should be fully within Domachowska's range here. After all, the two have already played one three-setter against each other in 2012. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/domachowska-vs-beck-betting-the-wta-event-in-poland-might-see-a-few-upsets-in-the-very-first-round-20130408

Re: April 8 - April 14 Andujar to beat Carreno Busta 1.99 @ Pinnacle (10/10 stake) My god, the bookies must have gone mad. Andujar should never be a dog against Carreno-Busta at the moment and I would have even taken anything above 1.60 on the ML. Sick value. Carreno-Busta is being overrated like crazy for his 'impressive' streak on the future tour being unbeaten for 3242234 matches. Look at the opponents he has beaten, not one W has impressed me to be honest. Andujar is still the dominant player in this encounter and don't forget Andujar is back-to-back winner of this tournament and is going to try and clinch the hattrick. Ridiculous and I expect these odds to be a lot lower when the match is about to begin. Must take! (As I submit it, odds went from 2.05 to 1.99)

Re: April 8 - April 14 Back Gerald Melzer to beat Paolo Lorenzi for a 1/10 stake at 3.78 with Pinnacle Two underdogs for me today. Paolo Lorenzi might be much better than Melzer, but he hasn't played in the Davis Cup for some reason and might find it tough to perform well straight away in Houston. He is a player that is more than capable of losing to someone like Melzer, so these odds look worth taking. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melzer-vs-lorenzi-betting-gerald-melzer-looks-value-against-the-experienced-italian-20130409 Back Sandra Zaniewska to beat Kaia Kanepi for a 1/10 stake at 6.42 with Pinnacle Kaia Kanepi hasn't played since September last year, so we know absolutely nothing about her form and fitness. She is about three levels above Zaniewska in terms of overall quality, but the combination of home conditions and a potentially out-of-form opponent makes me think that these odds might be worth it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zaniewska-vs-kanepi-betting-sandra-zaniewska-might-be-able-to-upset-the-world-s-number-thirty-seven-20130409

Re: April 8 - April 14 Not quite sure what thread to post the question in, but anyone aware what happened in Shmiedlova x Cornet match in Katowice today? I could not get a stream, so I watched scoreboard, and it became frozen for good 15-20 minutes at 0-1 30-40 Cornet in the 1st set. Schmiedlova steamrolling Cornet from then on. I caugt a note that this was NOT medical pause. Can someone pls shed a light on this?

Re: April 8 - April 14 3pts Bat-Agut to beat R.Haase 1.78 Pinnacle I fancy Agut to win this game. Haase has been pretty poor this year really and I feel his closely-made odds in this one is down to the davis-cup win. He loses to alot of lowly ranked players and I feel Agut is a better mover of the two also.

Re: April 8 - April 14 Back Kristyna Pliskova (+4.5) to beat Kaia Kanepi for a 2/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle Back Kristyna Pliskova to beat Kaia Kanepi for a 0.5/10 stake at 3.44 with Pinnacle Rotten start to the week for me, so going with some handicap selections today. Kanepi played well against Zaniewska, but Pliskova is a huge step up in terms of quality and should provide her with a stern test. Two fairly big hitters, so this handicap looks a touch high given that there are still some doubts about Kanepi. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pliskova-vs-kanepi-betting-going-against-kanepi-once-again-might-hold-some-value-20130410 Back Jack Sock (+4) to beat John Isner for a 2/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle John Isner could have easily lost yesterday and I think that he might be in for more trouble today. Jack Sock doesn't mind playing against these powerful guys, so he will fancy his chances and I think that he is going to cover this handicap line. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sock-vs-isner-betting-john-isner-might-have-a-few-problems-against-jack-sock-20130410

Re: April 8 - April 14 5pts Kvitova v Doi (Under 18.5 games) I fancy Kvitova to win this competiion and I feel she will get off to an easy start here. She hasn't had a game for a few weeks so she will be heavily rested and up for this after going out in the third round of the Sony to Flipkens. Doi tends to rarely get past the first round and only did so recently thanks to a weak opponent in Brianti. Kvitova to win no more than 6-3 / 6-2 for me but we have cover on the 6-3 / 6-3 too here for a nice price.

Re: April 8 - April 14 I would only add that Kvitova was sick last week and is still not feeling 100% fit and not expecting much from this tournament. Still it is very close to her home city Prostejov and Doi is not an opponent that should trouble her under normal circumstances.

Re: April 8 - April 14 Back Jill Craybas (+3.5) to beat Shahar Peer for a 2/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Jill Craybas played clever tennis against Julia Goerges and one has to fancy her chances against Peer, who is just way too one-dimensional and who has plenty of weaknesses. Craybas is experienced enough to exploit them, so I think that she will be able to cover this handicap line today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/craybas-vs-peer-betting-jill-craybas-can-continue-her-excellent-run-in-katowice-20130411 Back Filippo Volandri to beat Martin Klizan for a 2/10 stake at 2.52 with Pinnacle Martin Klizan hasn't won a match for quite some time now and I am not sure that the return to clay will be enough for him to turn that record around straight away. He will bounce back at some point, of course, but Volandri is a very tough opponent on clay and I definitely wouldn't have him at such a big price here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/volandri-vs-klizan-betting-martin-klizan-s-struggles-might-not-be-over-just-yet-20130411

Re: April 8 - April 14 3pts H.Laaksonen to beat G.Zemlja 3.35 Pinnacle I was very impressed with Laaksonen in beating Phau in straight sets and although Zemlja is the better player I think the last few long games will of tired him. He had a three-set match in the last round in which he won on a tie-break in the third and I think both players are very unpredictible so in saying t hat I will go for the value, small stakes and side with Laaksonen.

Re: April 8 - April 14 Back Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to win ATP Grand Prix Hassan II @ 29.00 Betfair Garcia-Lopez has done very little so far this season, but I think he has played quite well in Casablanca. His win against Gimeno-Traver in the first round was a good effort, and he fought hard to see off Roger-Vasselin in the second round. His next match is against Wawrinka, who is the top seed and tournament favourite. Garcia-Lopez has an encouraging record against Wawrinka, and coupled with the way that Wawrinka played in the early stages of his last match here against Kavcic, I think Garcia-Lopez could spring a surprise and make the semi-finals. There he would face either Paire or Robredo, and I think in these conditions he could give either of them a good game. He lost a tight match against Paire the last time they met, and although his record against Robredo is not great, in recent times Robredo has struggled with his fitness. The top seed in the other half of the draw is Anderson, and whilst Anderson leads the h2h against Garcia-Lopez, matches between the two have been quite close. If they played each other in the final of this tournament it would be their first meeting on clay, and that might help Garcia-Lopez as Anderson plays his best tennis on hard. This bet is a definite long shot, but if Garcia-Lopez can get past Wawrinka then he should be in with a good chance this week.

Re: April 8 - April 14 Robin Haase to beat Martin Klizan 2,74 @ Pinnacle Sports Robin Haase +1,5 sets to beat Martin Klizan 1,69 @ Pinnacle Sports Okay, I don't get why Klizan is the favorite in this matchup. Haase played a good match against de Schepper. He was solid on serve, broken only once in the 3-setter. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to the final. H2H is 2-0 to the Dutch, I can't imagine him losing in straight sets.

Re: April 8 - April 14 Back John Isner to win ATP U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships @ 6.20 >Betfair After an indifferent first few months, I think this could be the tournament where Isner kick-starts his season. He has had a couple of matches to get used to conditions, which will hopefully help him to bring his best tennis to the latter stages of the tournament. His next match is against Berankis, a player that he should be able to beat owing to his greater clay court experience. In the semi-final he would probably play Monaco, who beat him in the final here last year. I think Isner is more than capable of grinding out a win, particularly as Monaco has been in poor form for most of the season so far. Almagro is seeded to make the final from the other half of the draw, and is also favourite to win the title. Although he has beaten Isner before on clay, in a Davis Cup rubber last year, it was a very close match that went to five sets. When you also consider that Isner has taken Nadal to five sets at the French Open in the past, I think this shows that he can play on the surface, and that he should be able to test Almagro. I think there is value in backing Isner to take the title in Houston, as the focus is on clay-courters Almagro and Monaco.

Re: April 8 - April 14

Back John Isner to win ATP U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships @ 6.20 >Betfair After an indifferent first few months, I think this could be the tournament where Isner kick-starts his season. He has had a couple of matches to get used to conditions, which will hopefully help him to bring his best tennis to the latter stages of the tournament. His next match is against Berankis, a player that he should be able to beat owing to his greater clay court experience. In the semi-final he would probably play Monaco, who beat him in the final here last year. I think Isner is more than capable of grinding out a win, particularly as Monaco has been in poor form for most of the season so far. Almagro is seeded to make the final from the other half of the draw, and is also favourite to win the title. Although he has beaten Isner before on clay, in a Davis Cup rubber last year, it was a very close match that went to five sets. When you also consider that Isner has taken Nadal to five sets at the French Open in the past, I think this shows that he can play on the surface, and that he should be able to test Almagro. I think there is value in backing Isner to take the title in Houston, as the focus is on clay-courters Almagro and Monaco.
Rumour is that Isner has a knee injury, has somebody news from this?

Re: April 8 - April 14 Kenny de Schepper to beat Andujar-Alba 2,8 @ BetVictor Andujar is on my mug-list (players I look to lay, because they frequently lose as favs). I saw both of them at Casablanca and de Schepper played much better. He's beaten Darcis comfortably, was lucky to take a set from Haase though. His biggest weakness is his backhand, which is among the most ugly backhands I ever saw. Andujar's loss against Carreno-Busta was a disgrace. I admit that Carreno-Busta wasn't bad at rallies, and his overall playing style was good, but even I could leech off his second serves. I think Kenny has a reasonable chance to beat Andujar.

Re: April 8 - April 14 Hi guys, my first contribution after small pause, and namely another "new Pinnacle Parlay" Kvitova vs Cadantu U19 x Vinci vs Beck O20 @3.57 (3/10) Kvitova looks better and better in this tournament, and she is rightly a fav in this match. Cadantu is very talented young Roumanian player, but it was too much for her this week - this is going to be her 7-th match in Katowice (she never played 7-matches in a row in her whole career) and last two matches were tight three setters. I doubt there is anything left in the tank to be serious opponent for Kvitova. Kvitova with her offensive tennis and killer serve is not going to let her win points in the rallies and the match should be over soon. It's hard for me to admit this as I prefer bet against Petra most of the times, but I am afraid Cadantu is going to collapse in the 2-nd set the way Camerin has done in her match yesterday. Vinci, on the other hand, can hardly be considered BIG SERVER. She plays precise field tennis with intelligent shot selection and makes hardly any unforced error. However, Anica Beck plays offensive cheeky tennis, and I liked the way she destroyed Camerin yesterday. She is good claycourt player, has won couple of challengers last year. Roberta and Anica never played together, so Roberta does not know what to expect. Also, Anica is rested as she did not play qualies here and came to this tournament right after Miami. I'd say that 20 games is bit low for this match.

Re: April 8 - April 14

Hi guys, my first contribution after small pause, and namely another "new Pinnacle Parlay" Kvitova vs Cadantu U19 x Vinci vs Beck O20 @3.57 (3/10) LOSS
WOW! That was massacre ... Vinci just too good, too good. Going to support her HUGE tomorrow against Petra Kvitova - IMO Petra should be a fav in that match, so the odds should be favourable.