** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 1615 aintree 1pt win on his own 10/1 will hills i must be mad to go for one in this race, but i had this one last year and it was going as well as anythying in the race before getting into some trouble.maybe a bit wiser this time round and on the same mark as last year,and the twice that ruby has won the national, i was on him, hope thats an omen, hope all are safe at the end of the race

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 4.15 aintree 25/1 365 bog..1pt win sunnyhillboy Is he up for 10lb on top, I reckon he will give it a hell of a try. He idled last year, can see him being produced after the elbow, 100 yards max out. He knows what to do, and AP for me has made the wrong choice.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 2.15 Aintree Sire De Grugy has made a promising start to chasing, won over this trip and going at Kempton before finishing 2nd to Thursday's impressive winner Captain Conan at Cheltenham in November then winning again in deep ground at Lingfield. Concerns over the ground with the front runners here for me. Another bonus being he has some solid form at the course which can help. Sire De Grugy 7/1 BOG Bet365 1pt win

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL Grand National - On His Own 1pt win @ 10/1 Hills I have been absolutely racking my brains over this race trying to find something at a price to put up for this. I have backed a few horses in the race now and all of them are pretty well fancied. I think it's going to be pretty hard to keep On His Own out of the frame at the very least. He is trained by an absolute genius and this has been the target since last year. He was travelling as well as anything in the race last year before coming to grief but Ruby Walsh takes over the steering, which could make the difference for this horse. He races here off the same mark as last year and warmed up for this race with a good win in a grade 2 hurdle race. If he manages to stay upright then I see him being very hard to beat in this and could run out an easy winner of the race.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 5.10 Aintree - 1pt win Ranjaan @ 8/1 (Bet365) The signs suggest this one is going to be very well backed (already nudged in) but it is with good reason in my opinion. I backed him at Cheltenham but the rain unfortunately came again having initially the ground dried up a bit so the conditions were worse than when I placed the bet. He really, really needs a sound surface so you can excuse a lot of his form. His record on good to soft or better is 112F110. The 0 came at Cheltenham last time but I think that's a bit misleading as the ground was worse than that in my opinion given the rain in the hours prior to the contest. Anyway he finished in midfield, making some late ground up, but has been dropped 5lbs for that effort and with Harry Derham taking a further 5lbs off in this conditional/amateur riders contest I think he's off a good mark. He won a decent race off 132 at Taunton last season and effectively goes off 130 here with conditions right for the first time in ages. His hurdling wins have come at sharpish tracks in Taunton and Kempton so the flat and easier venue should suit and prior to his Cheltenham run he was a solid 2nd in a jumpers bumper at Kempton - proving he is in decent nick. You can safely excuse his seasonal debut earlier this campaign when going ok for a fairly long way on bottomless ground at Ascot and with his mark lower now and conditions in his favour it's hard to see him not putting in his best hurdling performance for a while.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 5:10 Aintree Cockney Sparrow @ 6/1 I got a bit of 9's from Corals earlier and the horse seems to be sure to be the best backed horse of the week. It won fto at Doncaster at odds of 1/3 despite making some pretty bad errors at it's flights. l said to a friend that day it would be worth laying nto and sure enough it got beat at Warwick at odds of 1/7 but then came back to Doncaster and ran a superb race, jumped brilliantly and really ran on strongly. Conncections said immediately afterwards this would be the target and so it has to come here with an outstanding chance. Aintree will suit the horse down to the ground as it's very similar to Doncaster. Left handed, flat galloping tracks with a nice long straight to really open up the legs between the final two or 3 flights. 9's was a steal but im still more than happy to row in at the 6's available.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL *Spirit Of Gondree > Wolverhampton 8:50 > WIN @ 9/1 VC BOG* Course and distance winner that went very close at Wolverhampton off this mark when going off favourite. Back at this track again the horse should be able to go very close off a mark of 60. Won nicely here back in January and the Bradley yard is in nice form at the minute.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 4.15 Aintree BALLABRIGGS e/w 20-1 Bet365 (top 5 places) BOG A horse that will stay, a horse that can jump and a horse with course experience. 12 year olds have won this race in the past so there's no reason why Ballabriggs can't be involved at the finish today. Has had a warm up for this race and will like the going today. Won this race of course off 11 stone in 2011 and wasnt' beaten far off 11 stone 9 last year. Today's weight of 11 stone 2 could see him finish much closer this year. The incredible thing about this horse is he has never fallen, only unseated his rider in his first chase when slipping on the ground. A couple of the fancied horses this year have question marks over their jumping and staying ability which isn't the case for this horse.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL Aintree 4.15 Cappa Bleu Just posted this in my thread.

I did note in my thread that I thought that Cappa Bleu had run a smashing trial for this at Ascot behind Vino Griego in February on ground that was softer than he would like. He was fourth in this last year when he had a few traffic problems & was probably a bit too far back. He's 2lb lower this time & didn't go for the Welsh National this time which he was an excellent third in last season on heavy ground. He's not many miles on the clock for an 11yo & has had just nine chase starts, placing in eight of them, the one miss was a fall in the Hennessy at Newbury way back in 09 but generally he jumps well. Don't give him too much to do Mr Moloney!
Bet. Cappa Bleu 1pt win @ 12/1 Bet365 BOG. ​Rio.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 16.15 Aintree: Imperial Commander e/w @ 18/1 William Hill There were many good things to hear out of the Twiston-Davies camp regarding Imperial Commander's chance and indeed he looks to have a big chance of his handicap mark despite heading the weight list. He missed Cheltenham due to injury but should be fit, well and fresh now for the National and his run in the Argento Chase after a long break suggested he might be as good as ever. Distance is an unknown obviously but I think he should stay it. His jumping is top class anyway and I hope he get a clear round as then he will be definitely in the shake-up.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 4.15 Aintree 'Treacle' 40/1 (Bet 365/BOG) Serious fancy last year but seemingly forgotten in this years build up. Didn't as much fall last year, more of a brought down in my view. Jumps, stays, has a little bit of class, the type I like in this most mental of races. Has form through Rare Bob that ties closely enough with Seabass. I can't let the price pass me, given a good ride and a clean round (LOL!), will be in there at the business end. 1/2 point EW

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL A4.15 Ninetieth Minute e/w 100/1 Bet365 My sensible fancy for the National is On His Own, but I might as well follow NM over the cliff since I've had it in mind for a few weeks now. It owes me nothing since I backed it at 190 and traded out at 130 for a free bet so just hoping it outperforms its odds on the day now. There's not many jockeys that have a Grand National win on their CV but NP Madden does and I'm hoping that he can get this one into a good rhythm. On breeding (Old Vic) it has the profile of a horse that will stay and the horse certainly couldn't be much better handicapped having sneaked in at number 34 on 10 stone 3lbs. Trainer Tom Taafe has made some reasonably encouraging noises for a 100/1 shot and I think he thinks the horse is overpriced. The horse has won the Coral Cup at Cheltenham in the past which takes some winning so the horse clearly has ability - it's all down to whether the horse takes to the course and fences.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL Big Fella Thanks-Aintree Grand National 50/1 - Stan James BOG knows how to finish this course without being spectacularly successful. Since unseating rider here in first run this season hasn't been out of the places in class 2 or 1 company. Should make the course with ew claims 0.5 ew

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 17:25 Chepstow Oscar Davy - 3lb claimer James Best is 5/16 at course over the bigger obstacles and looks to have a chance for another here. Oscar Davy best runs appear to be on the better ground bur her last 6 runs have all been on heavy or soft doing not alot. With that comes a tumbling mark from 124 to todays 112. Hopefully the good going today will spark a revival. 5/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL

Find it fascinating that the most popular bet of the day picks are from the grand national' date='one of the most unpredictable races of the year..Good luck with all your bets.[/quote'] I agree! Anyway;

250 Aintree Intriguing renewal of the Liverpool Hurdle, the race has really opened up with Big Bucks on the sidelines and the first three from the World Hurdle at Cheltenham do battle again. Solwhit came out on top that day and its hard to fault him, that was his first attempt at the trip and seemed to get it well although the form looks a bit suspect to me with Celestial Halo turning out to be his only danger that day. The trouble is there is little in the way of good quality three mile form in opposition and you would have to take a gamble on the well being of Grands Crus who I would love to see bounce back here. I like Smad Place on this flatter track, I’m convinced Cheltenham isn’t his place and he could be the value here.

Selections:

EW Smad Place 6/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 3.25 Aintree - Opening Batsman 15/2 Stan James BOG I think this horse must have a massive chance based on his win in the racing post trophy at Kempton under very similar conditions. I was impressed by his game attitude and the way he kept finding more in that race and pulled away from two progressive types. The firmer the ground the better and while I think Cantlow has been plotted for a big handicap and the fav scooted home two days ago, I think the price is very fair.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 17.45 - Aintree - Purple Bay @ 13/2 bet365 One horse coming to Aintree on the back of a decent run at Cheltenham is Purple Bay. He goes in the bumper after 5th in the Champion Bumper at Aintree, he shaped well in that race finding a little bit of trouble 3f out but wasn't beaten too far in a strung out field. Purple Bay is another one who should appreciate the better ground and with this perhaps not being as strong as the Cheltenham race he should go well.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 6.20 Wolverhampton Fairly weak looking mark and not gonna spend to much time on many of these. No shortage of pace neither; You’relikemefrank, Whiskey Junction, Miserere Mei, First Rebellion all keen runners. Onceuponatime has completely lost the plot now racing off basement mark but no real signs recently of a comeback but last win did come off 78. Yourelikemefrank another that has lost plot but again is 13lb lower than last win but shown nothing recently only speed. Whiskey Junction used to be a likeable sort but seems to struggle to string 2 efforts together recently and remains one to be careful with. Metropolitan Chief is quirky but did manage a win on penultimate start quickly back in his shell last time out and remains one to oppose on the whole. Slatey Hen finds winning hard these days but is atleast consistent having a very busy spell at the moment. Flow Chart looks the safest option in a race full of holes. He has really held his form recently picking up 2 handicaps recently, ran a brave race last time out at Southwell in which it didn’t suit a hold up sort so did well to finish 3rd off revised mark, mark unchanged and should go extremely well back on polytrack in a race likely to be run to suit. Still on a good mark based on his form from 2yr old and 3yr old form. 1pt win Flow Chart 11/2 hills

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL Loch Ba 3.25pm Aintree - 0.5pt EW - 22-1 Stan James (BOG) Can't believe the price of this one and have been waiting patiently for it to race. Was entered in a race recently when another abandonment meant it didn't get an outing. Had looked consistent over this sort of trip on softer ground but then blundered and unseated last time out. Has won a chase on good ground and up in the weights but improving. Seems to like flat tracks so Aintree should suit.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL Lingfield 2.25 - Apache 1pts win 6/1 Bet365 A very interesting contender here in Apache who has been off for 595 days so it has to be taken on trust that he's ready to go well here but he has an interesting profile having left Aiden O'Brien in 2011 joining Jane Chapple Hyam for 48,000 gns. When you look back through his form there are some useful pieces of form on offer and if retaining some of that ability would have a chance.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 5.45 Aintree ~ Wilde Blue Yonder ~ 14/1 (SJ) Highly thought of from the A.King yard and been waiting for the better ground. Only beat a head on debut by Purple Bay yet that runner is half the odds of Wilde Blue Yonder! Pair pulled a long way clear that day. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 14.50 Aintree: African Gold, 8/1 >Betvictor, win African Gold finished 4½L behind At Fishers Cross, who easily won a grade 1 here yesterday, in the Albert Bartlett lto. Today's flat track will be more suitable for him then Cheltenham was and I think he will go close today. The ground will suit as he won comfortably on good ground in his first race. Trainer Nigel Twiston Davies has a decent record at Aintree and Sam is in the saddle.

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 2.15 Aintree - Overturn - win at 9/4 bog bet365 Disappointed at Cheltenham but today should suit him much better, tight track and good ground, he should be able to bowl along and last home no problem The two irish horses both ran well at the festival but both look like they want a test of stamina over shorter trips, heavy ground, stiff track, extra few furlongs I'm hoping Overturn will burn them off Sire de Grugy looks a danger though

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL

5:10 Aintree Cockney Sparrow @ 6/1 I got a bit of 9's from Corals earlier and the horse seems to be sure to be the best backed horse of the week. It won fto at Doncaster at odds of 1/3 despite making some pretty bad errors at it's flights. l said to a friend that day it would be worth laying nto and sure enough it got beat at Warwick at odds of 1/7 but then came back to Doncaster and ran a superb race, jumped brilliantly and really ran on strongly. Conncections said immediately afterwards this would be the target and so it has to come here with an outstanding chance. Aintree will suit the horse down to the ground as it's very similar to Doncaster. Left handed, flat galloping tracks with a nice long straight to really open up the legs between the final two or 3 flights. 9's was a steal but im still more than happy to row in at the 6's available.
great shout there fella,i read your piece earlier, and it made my mind up

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL As usual Aidy does the last race!

*Spirit Of Gondree > Wolverhampton 8:50 > WIN @ 9/1 VC BOG* Course and distance winner that went very close at Wolverhampton off this mark when going off favourite. Back at this track again the horse should be able to go very close off a mark of 60. Won nicely here back in January and the Bradley yard is in nice form at the minute.
6.20 Wolverhampton Fairly weak looking mark and not gonna spend to much time on many of these. No shortage of pace neither; You’relikemefrank, Whiskey Junction, Miserere Mei, First Rebellion all keen runners. Onceuponatime has completely lost the plot now racing off basement mark but no real signs recently of a comeback but last win did come off 78. Yourelikemefrank another that has lost plot but again is 13lb lower than last win but shown nothing recently only speed. Whiskey Junction used to be a likeable sort but seems to struggle to string 2 efforts together recently and remains one to be careful with. Metropolitan Chief is quirky but did manage a win on penultimate start quickly back in his shell last time out and remains one to oppose on the whole. Slatey Hen finds winning hard these days but is atleast consistent having a very busy spell at the moment. Flow Chart looks the safest option in a race full of holes. He has really held his form recently picking up 2 handicaps recently, ran a brave race last time out at Southwell in which it didn’t suit a hold up sort so did well to finish 3rd off revised mark, mark unchanged and should go extremely well back on polytrack in a race likely to be run to suit. Still on a good mark based on his form from 2yr old and 3yr old form. 1pt win Flow Chart 11/2 hills

Re: BBOTD SATURDAY 6TH APRIL Day 3 of Aintree and only two winning bets for the day Well done Billy Hills & last Minute Winner for having winning bets today. :ok After 3 days of Aintree there were 82 runners in the BBOTD comp with 8 winners and one E/W placing. That about sums up how my 3 days went too :\. Troop on! Winners: :clap Last Minute Winner 6/1 (5/1 ISP) E/W Placings: 3rd: Billy Hills 6/1 E/W (5/1 ISP) Placings: 2nd: Trotter 9/4, Whonnedsrio 12/1, Markmywords 5/1 3rd: Chaosthoerie 8/1, Chris34 11/2