BBOTD Monday 31st December

Last one for the year so we best make it a good'un! 2.00 Lingfield - Demoiselle Bond - 6/1 Bet365 BOG This is a horse that likes to lead which is perfect for Lingfield. I can only see one other potentially front runner in the race but fortunately the selection also has stall 1 meaning she should bag the rail from a good break. She has won over C&D and important she has won her last two 6f starts. I am out tomorrow so I have to take the early price but I will have my fingers crossed that she drifts to around 50/1 come post time or that BH bodges the figures in my favour! :lol

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 2.35 Punchestown King Vuvuzela 1pt win @ 12/1 Boylesports King Vuvuzela is one of the youngest horses in the line up and I think he is worth chancing in this race despite 3 very poor runs in handicaps so far. He has only had 8 career starts resulting in 2 wins, which have both come at this track. His bumper win instantly put him down as a horse to watch as it was very competitive and he had the likes of Don Cossack well behind him that day. The only other career run where he has ran well was over 20f at this track where he just got up on the line to dead heat for the win in a maiden hurdle earlier this year. The horse he dead heated with is Allure of Illusion who has since finished 6th in the Supreme Novices and finished 2nd in a grade 2 event. It does look as though he saves his best for Punchestown so I would expect him to be very competitive in this race tomorrow off a mark of 117. Michael Doran takes the ride on him and he takes off a handy 5lbs, which puts him on 112. I would be disappointed if he can’t at least make a race of it off this mark, considering the form of his 2 previous runs at the track. One slight worry is the form of the stable. Paul Nolan is struggling for winners at the moment and his horses aren’t running too well. All that being said, I do think this horse could be well handicapped here and he looks open to plenty of improvement.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 1530 lingfield 1pt win lhirondelle 9/1 bet365 has won 5 races on polytrack.last win was in october, when it had the run of the race, same tactics used tomorrow may suffice this time ,seb sanders takes the ride and despite him having a poor strike rate at the track, under 6% over last year, he may have better luck with this horse

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 14.40 Uttoxeter - Anay Turge - 1pt Win 2/1 PP BOG Small 4 runner handicap Chase. 9 chase runs for 2 wins, 4 2nds, 1 3rd and the other 2 times fell and pulled up. Last time out was 4 1/2 lengths 3rd to Drumshambo who has won twice since and gone up 15lbs. Mark Quinlan claiming 3lb has had the last 4 rides and his record is 2nd (hurdles), 1st (Chase), 2nd (chase), 3rd (chase). Has mainly raced on soft ground so far 18 out of 27 runs over hurdles and chases, once on heavy (2nd) so ground should be no issue.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December *Malaysian Boleh > Lingfield 12:30 > WIN @ 12/1 Bet365 BOG* Looks overpriced in this nursery after having 3 decent runs. Was 4th of 10 at Kempton last time out, not really given a hard time, and this race looks a bit weaker. Luke Morris up for the first time aswell has to be a positive on this surface. 7 of Simon Dow's last 10 runners have been placed, stable are in form.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December Staying Article 1.35pm Punchestown - 1pt WIN - 10-3 Boylesports I backed this last time and was disappointed to see it beaten. I had put this down as one to avoid in the top races but today looks like a decent chance to get back to winning ways in an easier race. Solwhit would be hard to beat had it already had a race or two but back from a 708 day break is a massive ask. Bog Warrior won well last time out but had been set to be a chaser so not sure why they've switched it back to hurdles and I don't like the price of it here. Staying Article has a consistent profile and won well against Blackstairmountain. It didn't take its hurdles well last time out but it has Barry Geraghty on board today and I rate him highly. Should go close if it doesn't keep losing momentum at the obstacles like last time out.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December Short one today PL Poker Tourney took over ;)! 2.00 Lingfield 2 Front runners in the field Demoiselle Bond is reliant of a complete solo, unlikely to get that today and ran a total stinker last time out, the sort to bounce back quickly but a career high mark limits her possibly and a chance is taken on Amosite to sit just behind the pace and pick them up she too is a speedy sort who showed herself in good heart last time out only beaten a head by 1st and 3rd coming from well off the pace over 7f around here. Drop back to 6f looks good idea and although up 2lb for that she remains on a good mark on her best form she is drawn out in 6 which no bad thing for prominent runner stall 1 you have to be all or nothing from there and that is where Demoiselle is drawn 1pt win Amosite 3/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 2.30 LINGFIELD DECENT FELLA @ 5/1 BETVICTOR BOG This was has been running in class 2 events on the turf for the most part of its career so todays drop in class should suit. Its 2 recent races of the AW can be ignored as he lost his chance by running wide off the bend on his first visit to Lingfield his next run was over 10f which is way too far. Back to 7f today and down to his lowest mark since Oct 2010, trainer is in good form with 3 winners from last 6 runners. Happy New Year to all !!

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 1.30 Lingfield Putin 9.8 win Betfair (2/10) 2.8 place Betfair (5/10) Raced 5 times @ Lingfield this month, and finished 2/2/2/3 in the last 4. Got the same jockey again today as the last 3 races, and has only been beaten by less than a length in the last 4 races. Field doesn't look too strong apart from Catalinas Diamond, but form shows Putin should finish in the top 3 at least!

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 13.35 Punchestown: Solwhit, 2/1 Boylesports, win If Charles Byrnes has Solwhit ready then he should win this. He is making his first appearance in nearly two years. His last 12 runs have been in grade 1 company, winning six of those and finishing second to Hurricane Fly in four of them. Today's ground is perfect. He has run over today's distance twice, winning once and finishing a 1½L second behind Hurricane Fly. He has run five times at Punchestown, winning four times and finishing second, again, to Hurricane Fly, beaten by just a neck that time. Byrnes has his stable in good form with two winners from five runners in the last two weeks. Andrew Lynch is in the saddle.

15:00 Lingfield Chjimes 3/1 Hills BOG 0.5 EW Given his good strike rate in the low end stuff at Lingfield it is hard to remember that Chjimes ran at Class 1 a few times. Despite some recent poor performances I'm taking him to win today given his strike rate here- despite some concerns that the new surface still hasn't bedded in properly- and he has placed over the last few months at goodish prices. Jockey booking is good. I'd not normally go EW at this sort of price but I expect it to drift to about 9/2. And I need something to end the month in black. Race is 5f. .

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 110 Utt: Go Annie (7/1 SJ) Awful card at Uttoxeter so a tentative vote goes to Go Annie who is trained by Jo Davis, i'm not sure this one has been put in the race the last twice and now looks on a handy mark. Richard Johnson has been booked so i'm expecting a bit of effort from the saddle unlike Timmy Murphy last time. Price looks reasonable and worth chancing.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 12:00 Lingfield - Priestleys Reward - Back This looks a tight race with almost nothing between the top 3 in the Market in terms of prices but I need 2 quid to get over 30 quid profit for the year! Priestleys Reward is running really well and is in the best recent form of any of these and has a good chance here. Weaker race than he's been facing recently and could prove the answer here 1pt win @ 9/4 Stan James

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 12:35 Punchestown: Vesper Bell 1pt win 2/1 Bet365 Vesper Bell ran pretty well last time behind Make A Track and with Ruby Walsh and Willie Mullins in fine form they may just give the favourite something to think about here. You Must Know Me is odds on today, and gave Boston Bob a fright, however they appeared to go very slowly early on that day and You Must Know Me might just have had the run of the race there.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 13:30 Ling Yungaburra - I am on a terrible run so may aswell go for a 50/1 shot. Yungaburra looks way overpriced for a distance winner. Finished dead heat 2nd at track off 78 as a 2 year old. Most wins are at Wolves including 2 runs back on a rating of 48 but 51 isn't a unreasonable mark for this horse. Hopefully Luke Morris can get a tune out of this inconsistant horse. If he can 50/1 will be giving me a good new year.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 1.05 Punchestown - 1pt win What's On The Menu @ 9/2 (PP) Think the favourite is beatable back over fences and this one has run some solid races of late. Seemed to find the three miles on heavy ground a little bit too testing last time out but even still it was not a handicap and included some types a fair bit better than him. Returns to a handicap off a mark of 113 and is back in trip. He had too much to do in his only handicap chase when piloted by a 7lb claimer and he couldn't have a better jockey on board today in Ruby Walsh. Can go well if he doesn't give him too much to do.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December 15:10 Uttoxeter - Monty's Revenge @ 10/3 StanJames (BOG) A winner last time out over fences, returns to hurdles today over the same distance of 3m. Previous run was just on Boxing Day there, so connections must feel it has a cracking chance here in similar conditions hence the quick turnout. Will stay the distance no problem and should handle conditions if its last run is anything to go by. Christopher Ward gets the leg up again and aims to make it 2 from 2 on this horse, whilst taking off a handy 7lbs in the process.Best of luck all.

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December P2.35 King Vuvuzela 1pt Win 14/1 Coral I'm with CPO on this one and there's little I can add to his comprehensive write up. I narrowed it down to this one and Station Lane, but opted for this one since it is likely to be more progressive. I also like the 5lb claimer on board and the horses dead heat with a Mullins/Walsh horse priced at 1/5 over c&d looks like really good form. Thanks to BH for all his efforts and especially well done to Aidy for an unbelievable 2012 and to Blazing Bailey for a terrific effort to chase him home. :ok

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December Sawpit Supreme 2.40 Uttoxeter. 1 point win. Not the best record after a break, but changed yards and does have the form to win. Handicapper gives him chances and if Bridgewater has got him ready, then no reason why he cannot go in at a decent price. Handles heavy ground and the trip's fine. 9/1 William Hill (bog)

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December BEACH CANDY 3.00 Lingfield. 1 pt win. Big price, but worth a pop with the tongue tie and visor going on for the first time. The trip and surface is fine and the race should be run to suit. Handicapper drops him to a mark of 50 and so every chance if the applications work. 28/1 Stan James BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 31st December

12:35 Punchestown: Vesper Bell 1pt win 2/1 Bet365 Vesper Bell ran pretty well last time behind Make A Track and with Ruby Walsh and Willie Mullins in fine form they may just give the favourite something to think about here. You Must Know Me is odds on today, and gave Boston Bob a fright, however they appeared to go very slowly early on that day and You Must Know Me might just have had the run of the race there.
That was a sarcastic thanks by the way mate!! :lol :lol Well done for December :ok