** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

December 27 - January 6

Re: December 27 - January 6 Dimitrov – Raonic, over 1st set, @1,53 3/10 bet365 I will be short. Both players are good servers, Dimitrov played over 1st set in 5 of last 7 matches. Dimitrov is similar, over 1st set was also in his last 5 of 7 matches. Everything is clear, especially if Grigor first served, chances are much bigger, i don't think that Milos can break him twice.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back Grigor Dimitrov (+2.5) to beat Milos Raonic for a 3/10 stake at 2.11 with Pinnacle Dimitrov has already won a match here, so I do expect him to trouble the talented Canadian today. Both have solid serves and struggle on return a bit, so it might become a really tight match, but the handicap looks like the better choice here than the overs. Would have the line at just two games for this price, so the +2.5 games line looks good enough to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-raonic-betting-the-talented-bulgarian-might-be-able-to-trouble-his-opponent Back Denis Istomin to beat Lleyton Hewitt for a 3/10 stake at 2.10 with Ladbrokes Everyone loves Hewitt, but he is clearly not the force of old and I expect him to come under a lot of pressure today. Istomin was playing extremely well against Klizan and a repeat of that performance will see him through, that is something I am sure about - and even a bit less might actually be enough. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/istomin-vs-hewitt-betting-denis-istomin-can-defeat-the-australian-legend

Re: December 27 - January 6 WTA Auckland Kirsten Flipkens v Yanina Wickmayer Pick: Over 20.0 games played Odds: $1.95 Stake: 4 units Agency: Sportingbet Analysis: The reason why this is good value is simple. Pinnacle's line of 20.0 games has the over @ $1.78. Their line for over 20.5 games is $1.93. Sportsbet has the line at 21.5 games and they are offering $1.83 for the overs. Paddy Power has the line at 21.5 games and they are offering $1.73 for the overs. Wickmayer is ranked 23rd in the world, compared to Flipkens' ranking of 54th. In the only two games between the two, Wickmayer won 7-6, 6-4 (23 games total), and 7-6, 4-6, 6-1 (30 games total). In Flipken's last ten games, six have gone over the 20.0 line. Wickmayer's last ten games have all been decided in straight sets, but three of them still managed to cover the 20 games, and one of them was a push (exactly 20 games). 20.0 games is quite a low line for two fairly even ranked players, so jump on the value while it's there.

Re: December 27 - January 6 ATP Hopman Cup: 2/10 Tomic tb. Seppi @ 1.73 Betsson Tomic playing well here in his own country, won against Djokovic and Haas and i think he is feeling well for another win here. ATP Brisbane: 2.5/10 Goffin -2 games tb. Melzer @ 1.79 Pinnacle (1.85 bij Tonybet) Goffing is rising last year, playing well. Melzer is struggling a long time, see some good value on the Belgian side here. ATP Chennai: 3/10 Paire -1.5 games tb. Sela @ 1.77 Pinnacle I like Paire the last months of the last season. Playing well, have some more quality to win here. ATP Doha: 3/10 Monfils -1.5 set tb. Brands @ 1.84 Unibet Betting against Monfils today, but im still wondering about his perfomance. Playing free, serving well and had a good victory today. Brands is struggling this tournament, have also playing 4 matches and some are long..

Re: December 27 - January 6 Hi! Happy New Year guys! Although I have mainly switched to in-play stuff, will have some matches that I feel are good to go for before I've seen them started. WTA Auckland Mona Barthel -4 AH vs Johanna Larsson. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Larsson knocked out Goerges yesterday but it should not have happened. The German made a lot of errors and was a break up in the 3rd set. Barthel has started the season very well with two comfortable wins and lets hope she continues the same way. She had a good start last year too only to fade later. Larsson might not be mentally in this one after such a big win yesterday besides Barthel won't make so many unforced errors as Goerges did. Well, you can't count on it but that's what I'm expecting. Kirsten Flipkens vs Yanina Wickmayer. Over 20 games. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Two Belgians fighting it out should be fun and also a close match. Neither is consistent enough to win easily, apart from matches against very weak opponents. Fancy Wickmayer here as she is a former champion and Flipkens has never beaten her in two tries but I have a thing against Yanina never backing her to win. She can be a mess and check out in any match. Anyway, I don't think there will be less than 20 games in this one. They have had one tie-break in both of their previous two H2H matces and 3 sets might be a possibily here, too. Agnieszka Radwanska -5.5 vs Elena Vesnina. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (8/10) I don't like Vesnina as singles player, she is better in doubles. Having said that, she has won two matches here. Saw only the first one against Bouchard and Elena was poor. Genie made far too many unforced errors. Aga is very solid player and basically will outsmart Vesnina, especially in windy conditions. Vesnina has power to trouble Radwanska but not enough. Straight forward win for Polish number one.

Re: December 27 - January 6

Back Grega Zemlja (+1.5 sets) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 1/10 stake at 2.50 with Bet-at-home Do not like the price on Gasquet at all, he is often bound to struggle in these easy-looking match-ups. Furthermore, Grega Zemlja is coming here on the back of some decent form and has a big enough game to trouble the Frenchman, so fancy him to nick a set somewhere along the way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zemlja-vs-gasquet-betting-grega-zemlja-might-capture-a-set-against-the-classy-frenchman
Good call i was nearly on

Re: December 27 - January 6 WTA Brisbane Angelique Kerber -3 AH vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. 1.73 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Kerber has struggled in her first two matches against Tatishvili and Puig. In fact, she was down and out against Puig but managed to win yet another 3-set match. She lost only a few of those in 2012. Pavlyuchenkova is perfect match-up for Kerber as she won't have to generate power, she will get enough from Nastia. Beating Kvitova might sound a big deal for Pavly but Petra was terrible in that match. Kerber has been below par but if this match goes to three, have to fancy the German, as in straight sets as well. I find these odds too good to ignore. ATP Brisbane Lleyton Hewitt to beat Denis Istomin. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Hewitt says he's in great form coming into this season. Having played one match (although he dropped a set against Kunitsyn), he should feel comfortable about beating Istomin at home. Might take another 3 sets but I expect Hewitt to get a W. First of all, he is 2-0 against Denis, secondly, playing at home and, thirdly, has better over-all game. Istomin dropped just 3 games against Klizan, that's why odds are what they are for today's match. Klizan was injured and could not do much. Hewitt in 3 sets. Milos Raonic -2 AH vs Grigor Dimitrov. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (8/10) How is Dimitrov going to break Raonic's serve, I don't know. Milos has one of Top 3 serves in the business, even the 2nd one can do the damage. Dimitrov is far more vulnerable on his serve and if he gets broken (which I believe will happen), there might no be a chace to get back. Even if there are no breaks in this match, couple tie-break wins for Raonic will result in a push. They have played just once on hard courts with Raonic winning 7-5, 6-4 in Stockholm 2011. That was indoors, which of course is better for Milos but he will be favorite on outdoors court as well. Raonic dropped just 10 points on serve in that match... Hopman Cup Bernard Tomic to beat Andreas Seppi. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Tomic has lot to prove this year after all the mess with police and tanking towards the end of the last season. He has started very well, beating Haas (lot of luck there) and also Djokovic. Now, that will give him tons of confidence, besides Tomic has proved playing down under gives him extra motivation and his performances are really good. I don't know how Seppi is going to win this match on his own. Needs a help from Tomic. Though, can't see that happening.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back Aleksandr Dolgopolov to beat Kei Nishikori for a 3/10 stake at 2.25 with Bet365 Just one for me in the night session, still have Wickmayer and Simon to root for, so hopefully they will be able to get through. Backing Dolgopolov as well, since I see his battle against Kei Nishikori as an essentially 50/50 match-up, so the bigger price looks worth it. The surface should also suit him a bit more and Nishikori has had to get a few medical treatments already, so that is another factor that should be taken into consideration. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dolgopolov-vs-nishikori-betting-aleksandr-dolgopolov-has-what-it-takes-to-beat-kei-nishikori

Re: December 27 - January 6 Tennis, Brisbane 23:55 Nishikori K. A. Dolgopolov [email protected] stake:2/10 Quarter finals in Brisbane, Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopolov will face with the Japanese Kei Nishikori. The two players have met only once before, 2 years ago, Nishikori won in two sets. Dolgopolov got around here in the first round of the finca Nieminen, who gave him so we can not know the real situation as is the talented Ukrainian who goes ga when you can get everyone, but if you do not go ga service is bin nabijanje.s other hand Nishikori has received the two match, After defeating Matosevic then Robredo both impressive players in seta.oba two tennis players are top 10 material netriba talk about about, but in this match I prefer Japanese man appears very much because we are good, I watched it with Robredo and penetrates's impressive is not it given any chance for Breaks .. while Ukrainian has not played a real match this sezone.do now met one not so long ago in Shanghai 2011 and on that occasion he got cut Nishikori 2-0 6-3 6-4 .. even to mention that the quotas on Japanese on to world-wide betting on the decline ... so my guy wins Japanese man. happy who monitors

Re: December 27 - January 6 1/10 Paire +4 games to beat Cilic @ 1.87 Pinnacle Will give this a little chance. Paire playing great today, Cilic was struggling. Also i like the Frenchmen, who is good talented player. I had also good value on Dimitrov -2 games, but this odds are dropping hard last hours.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Anyone liking Davydenko to beat Ferrer? The Russian has been in some great form in this past week. I certainly think there is plenty of value @ $3.80. At least back him with some insurance and take him @ $2.20 +3.5 games. Another option could be over 21 games.

Re: December 27 - January 6 ATP Doha David Ferrer v Nikolay Davydenko Pick: Nikolay Davydenko to win & Davydenko +3.5 games Odds: $3.79 & $2.26 Agency: Pinnacle Stake: 2 units and 2 units Analysis: While I can understand plenty of punters either being frustrated or untrusting of Davydenko, need you to worry about his motivation for this event. The total prize pool for the event is over 1.5 million EURO, so there is no doubt he will be keen to do as well as he can. There's no doubt Davydenko thrives on playing in Doha. At the same tournament in 2010, he smashed Federer 6-4, 6-4 in the Semi Final, then proceeded to defeat Nadal 0-6, 7-6, 6-4 in the Final. While Ferrer is a very good player, he is a level below those two Tennis Geniuses. A year later, Dvaydenko faced Nadal in the Semi Final, but then lost to Federer 3-6, 4-6 in the Final. Last year, Davydenko didn't play at this tournament. In head to head matches, the series is tied at 3-3. Ferrer won their last meeting 6-4, 6-3, which is the only time in their six meetings where Davydenko has failed to cover the +3.5 games handicap. Despite Ferrer being ranked fifth in the world, compared to the Russian's ranking of 44th, when Dvaydenko is on (as he clearly is in this tournament), there is absolutely no doubt he is a top ten player in the world. Davydenko has won all three of his previous matches in this tournament in straight sets, winning a total of 37 games and conceding only fifteen. He has defeated Bollelii, Youzhny and Hanescu, ranked 84th, 25th and 62nd respectively. Ferrer has dropped one set in his three previous victories here, winning 41 games and conceding twenty (an inferior winning games percentage to Davydenko). He has defeated Lorenzi (64th), Kamke (98th) and Brown (167th) in his previous three matches. Not only has Davydenko beaten much higher quality players, he has beaten them more convincingly than Ferrer. Summary: I certainly know who is in better form, and I see no reason for the Donkey to show up on this occasion. Davydenko should at least cover the games line against Ferrer.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back D.Brands/R.Gasquet - Over 21.5 games for a 3/10 stake at 1.91 with Paddy Power The same reasoning that I have already used for Gasquet's match against Zemlja applies here as well. Brands is doing spectacularly well right now, serving well and hitting big, which is something the Frenchman is not going to like. He certainly has not impressed me so far, so willing to have a punt on this being quite tight. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brands-vs-gasquet-betting-the-frenchman-might-find-himself-in-a-spot-of-bother-once-again

Re: December 27 - January 6 Over 21.5 1.91 @ Pinnacle on the Marin Cilic - Benoit Paire match. To be honest I think Paire is underrated in this match. When feeling good he can be a quite good player. He can play quite aggressive, has some powerful groundstrokes and has a decent to good serve. All these aspects play into his advantage on this surface. Backed with the fact that he's been playing quite well in the last 2 matches make me feel he's a good underdog in this match. However, don't forget he's playing Marin Cilic. A good player and this surface plays right into his strengths. He did show some rustyness in the match against Stakhovsky. Even though Cilic should win this, there is no value whatsoever in the ML. Some handicap on Paire represents some value but I see more value in the over. Over 21.5 on Daniel Brands vs Richard Gasquet @1.81 Pinaccle Great value here. Daniel Brands has been serving great and quite aggressive with his groundstrokes. Gasquet will have a hard time coping with this amount of pressure in his current form. We could see against Zemlja that Gasquet was playing the majority of the time behind the baseline, at 1 point seeing a stat of 92% hitting behind the baseline and only 8% within the field itself. I actually had a livebet on Zemlja when he lost the second set, but he couldn't close it. I don't expect Brands to win this match, but I do think he can give Gasquet a run for his money.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Sorry for the late pick, but I've just decided to take it. Davydenko to bt. Ferrer @ 3.71 Pinnacle Ferrer hasn't really shown anything special and even seemed rusty in some sets. I was however quite surprised of the Russian's game. When he's mentally there, and it sure looks like it, he should be able to push Ferrer to the limit. For sure on this surface where he can make Ferrer work, hitting the ball early and more importantly getting those angles, making Ferrer work the entire court. These odds are just golden for a win. To be honest I would rather take the win. Because I think in the situation that Ferrer does win, it should be more than 3-4 games. Betting on the + handicap is basically near to taking Davydenko to win, if you ask me.

Re: December 27 - January 6 ATP Qatar Open - Nikolay Davydenko to beat David Ferrer @ 3.90 >Betfair I think it's worth taking a chance on Davydenko here. He's played well so far during this tournament and has beaten some decent players, and perhaps this is the start of a return to form for him during the coming season. Ferrer started slowly against Brown and has had a couple of easy wins since, so has had the chance to shake off the rust of the off-season. I'm sure he will feel that he is capable of a good run at the Australian Open, and that may mean he is not totally focussed on this match. Davydenko also leads the h2h, which suggests his game matches up well to Ferrer's. I think Davydenko is a little long here, so I'm happy to side with him in this match.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back Marcos Baghdatis to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 3/10 stake at 2.06 with Pinnacle Marcos loves playing in Australia and I think that he will be able to confirm that with yet another nice victory. Dimitrov deserves plenty of credit for beating Melzer and Raonic, but this is a fairly new territory for him and he is going to be up against a very solid opponent who certainly knows what he is doing. Would have the odds the other way around here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/baghdatis-vs-dimitrov-betting-marcos-baghdatis-should-not-be-priced-as-the-underdog-in-brisbane Back Kei Nishikori to beat Andy Murray for a 1/10 stake at 5.80 with Pinnacle Back Kei Nishikori Total Games - Over 9 for a 2/10 stake at 1.99 with Pinnacle Murray has not been able to find his best recently, so this might be worth a shot. Nishikori is talented, hard working, and has been cruising through his matches surprisingly easily so far, so I can definitely see him staying with Murray throughout the entire match. And who knows, perhaps he might even be able to nick it in the end. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nishikori-vs-murray-betting-more-struggles-might-be-on-the-cards-for-andy-murray

Re: December 27 - January 6 16:00 Davydenko - Gasquet, tip Davydenko -2.5 @ 1,83 10bet , 5/10 Davydenko plays great tennis at this moment. He beat Hanescu, Youzhny, Bolleli and Ferrer in straight sets. He served very well. His serve isn't fastest, but he served very high % of first serve. He moves excellent, he showed great movement especially in match with David Ferrer. He is hot! Gasquet showed lower level of tennis than Davy, he beat Zemlja 7-6 in 3rd set tie break. Yesterday he beat Brands 7-5 7-5. His beckend works fine, and that is only thing where he is better than Davydenko. Everything else is on Nikolay's side, and I believe in Nikolay's clear win here.

Re: December 27 - January 6 ATP Brisbane International - Marcos Baghdatis to beat Grigor Dimitrov @ 2.14 >Betfair I've been impressed with Baghdatis so far this week. He has come through to this round with the minimum of fuss, negotiating a potentially tricky opening match against home player Mitchell, before beating Mayer and Simon handily. Mayer is often a tricky opponent due to his unorthodox style, and Simon was in good form towards the end of last season. For me, Baghdatis has beaten better players to get to this stage than Dimitrov has - Baker is still adjusting to returning to the tour full-time, Raonic continues to rely on his serve too much and is weak in other areas of his game, and Melzer has been in decline for a while now. I think Baghdatis is in better form, is playing better tennis, and therefore should be favourite for this match. As such, the odds on offer about a Baghdatis win look good to me.