Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stoke City v Liverpool (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day LOL amazing odds. Liverpool favourites away to Stoke.........:clap...the bookies just keep on giving. Stoke might not win the game but I'd back them not to lose any day of the week vs a top side, and also vs an average side like Liverpool with Stoke as the underdog. Stoke were brilliant at Spurs yesterday in a defensive sense, organised brilliantly, working as a unit, Begovic in top form. They are tough to beat. Even moreso at home where they pose more goal threat. Liverpool beat a garbage Fulham team comfortably but I'm still not overly convinced. Remember Villa destroyed them at Anfield just a week ago and Liverpool have no consistency in general. Stoke +0.25AH vs Liverpool @ 1.943 (Pinnacle:5pts)

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day one thing i noticed liverpool started pushing more players forward and a lot of players have been able to chip in a goal recently from all over the field. there is nothing new much to say about stoke that hasn't been said week in week out on this board. they just sit back defensibly and wait for a decent counter attacking chance or set piece. that's pretty much their potency going forward so i fancy liverpool to jolt this stoke side and run away with three points

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day The Stoke wall is a tough one to breach. Liverpool are an average side , stoke one of two undefeated sides at home this season. Neither are setting the world on fire, but they do draw many games. This game just screams 'DRAW'. At 3.3 it seems like a nice price for a 3 unit bet.

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day

LOL amazing odds. Liverpool favourites away to Stoke.........:clap...the bookies just keep on giving. Stoke might not win the game but I'd back them not to lose any day of the week vs a top side, and also vs an average side like Liverpool with Stoke as the underdog. Stoke were brilliant at Spurs yesterday in a defensive sense, organised brilliantly, working as a unit, Begovic in top form. They are tough to beat. Even moreso at home where they pose more goal threat. Liverpool beat a garbage Fulham team comfortably but I'm still not overly convinced. Remember Villa destroyed them at Anfield just a week ago and Liverpool have no consistency in general. Stoke +0.25AH vs Liverpool @ 1.943 (Pinnacle:5pts)
Could not agree more. The line is up to evens with SBObet now but considering Stoke's propensity to draw at home to the top teams (+ Liverpool ;)) I have gone for the +0.5AH line @ 1.72. I don't think much can be added to what you've said in terms of reasoning.

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day 3pts Stoke to beat Liverpool 13/5 Stan James Stoke’s excellent form has gone largely unnoticed but their draw at Spurs on Saturday showed they can keep the better attacking sides in the league at bay. This will be a right battle in the Liverpool defensive areas and they’ve been guilty of falling short in a couple of those this season with Brendan Rodgers liking the flowing football style of play. This might be a game which doesn’t suit Liverpool’s flair players and I can see Stoke working harder and nicking a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stoke-vs-liverpool-betting-stoke-can-battle-hard-to-ruin-liverpool-s-christmas-at-the-britannia

one thing has occured to me - liverpool beat hammers away without suarez' date=' and we are talking about a team much similar to stoke... perhaps this is why odds are set up as they are...[/quote'] West Ham are not that similar to Stoke. Stoke play very physically and do their best to avoid giving their oppoents chances to score. This is their number one goal in every match and thanks to their tall defenders, opponents have little chances to score after a cross. Their offense is less good. Furthermore Stoke have a grat unbeaten record against better clubs although you could argue about Liverpool being one of them. Liverpool are very inconsistent. They may have won their last match 4-0 but Fulham were / are so poor right now. By the way, West Ham also have a long injury list.

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day As a matter of fact, the 4-0 victory of Liverpool last round did not tell anything: 1) They played at Anfield. (Fulham 1-4-5 away so far this season) 2) They had an early goal of Skrtel at 8'. 3) Fulham was without Sidwell(4g-2a), Duff(3g-5a), Ruiz(1g-5a), Petric(5g-1a). => Stoke DNB

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day I simply for one cannot see Stoke losing here. They are on a long unbeaten run without any notable injuries, last time out they managed to keep out a very attacking Spurs side, furthermore Liverpool's attack are toothless, they only managed to score 4 last time out because Fulham were absolutely awful. Stoke are a very strong team at home which every team in the league have found it very difficult in the past. So I have gone big on Stoke to get at least a draw. Stoke +0.25 1.95 Bet365

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day First of all, I wish everyone on the lounge a very merry christmas. I have drunk many grog potions but despite this I think the price for Stoke in this game is really stupid and agree with everyone that says the home side is too long here. Despite this I cannot back the home side on a positvie here, why? The gap in +ev is so huge here it seems suspicious (especially for a league that is priced so tightly). I would suggest bookmakers can't be that stupid and this is a classic bookie trap. Am I drunk, paranoid and delusional? It's late in the day, I expect so but I personally will avoid this game. For the Stoke + backers, I agree with you 100% from a technical perspective but I fear (maybe completely wrongly) that something strange is happening here as the price is simply so wrong. I have seen this from time to time in other leagues this year and it has simply been down to a pricing error but for it to happen in the prem always seems strange. Feel free to mock the Phantom when Stoke pick up a positive result but I will be watching this matchup with interest, take cares and catch you on the flipside - peace!

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day I really like the line on the 0-0 here, we all know how hard Stoke are to break down and if they can keep Suarez quiet I think this game could fizzle out in to a goaless draw. Also, Stoke have struggled in front of goal themselves this season and this could be another game where they fail to convert there chances. I've no doubt this will be a close game with a bit of a battle in the midfield and either team will be happy to try and sit on a 1-0 lead here, so i'm going for: Under 1.5 Goals @ 21/10 Ladbrokes 0-0 Draw @ 8/1 Coral

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day My Tissue: Stoke 41% (2.43), Liverpool 37% (2.70), Draw 22% (4.55) Now i know the tissue for the draw looks high, but those are the figures that I am producing. I agree with everyone here that the bookies have this one priced totally wrong. Stoke should be slight favourites for this match for me, they are unbeaten at home this season, 4 wins and 4 draws, and play a very average Liverpool side, who lack physicality, and will probably be bullied like most teams are at The Britannia. Let's not forget, Liverpool were destroyed by Villa at Anfield only a short time ago, and Villa lost 8-0 last weekend. The value is so so clearly with Stoke here, probably too clear, but it has to be backed. *Stoke WIN > 2 Points @ 3.60 Betfair*

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day In 2012 these two teams have played 3 times and liverpool was home in all 3 occasions.twice the result was 0-0.And the Fa cup tie liverpool won 2- [TABLE=class: matches, width: 557] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition, align: center]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date, align: center]07/10/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition, align: center]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Liverpool[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score, align: center]0 - 0[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Stoke City[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button, align: center][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition, bgcolor: #F4F4F4] [TD=class: day no-repetition, align: center]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date, align: center]18/03/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition, align: center]FAC[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a strong, align: right]Liverpool[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score, align: center]2 - 1[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Stoke City[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button, align: center][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition, align: center]Sat[/TD] [TD=class: full-date, align: center]14/01/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition, align: center]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Liverpool[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score, align: center]0 - 0[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Stoke City [/TD] [TD=class: events-button button, align: center][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I really cant see liverpool scoring away to stoke.So the best bet according to me for this match could be under 2.5 goals and would have paid out in last consecutive 7 matches. Another interesting thing about this fixture is the goal line.I still think if stoke manages to win this it will be by the odd goal but the score line 0-0 and 2-0 has repeated several times in this fixture.

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day In 2012 these two teams have played 3 times and liverpool was home in all 3 occasions.twice the result was 0-0.And the Fa cup tie liverpool won 2-1 [TABLE=class: matches, width: 557] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition, align: center]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date, align: center]07/10/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition, align: center]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Liverpool[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score, align: center]0 - 0[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Stoke City[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button, align: center][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition, bgcolor: #F4F4F4] [TD=class: day no-repetition, align: center]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date, align: center]18/03/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition, align: center]FAC[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a strong, align: right]Liverpool[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score, align: center]2 - 1[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Stoke City[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button, align: center][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition, align: center]Sat[/TD] [TD=class: full-date, align: center]14/01/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition, align: center]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Liverpool[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score, align: center]0 - 0[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Stoke City[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button, align: center][/TD] [TD=class: info-button button, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I really cant see liverpool scoring away to stoke.So the best bet according to me for this match could be under 2.5 goals and would have paid out in last consecutive 7 matches. Another interesting thing about this fixture is the goal line.I still think if stoke manages to win this it will be by the odd goal but the score line 0-0 and 2-0 has repeated several times in this fixture.

Stoke +0.25 AH 2.000 @ Bet365 - IMO the bookies have yet again priced Liverpool too short and i personally would have priced this game Stoke 5/4 The draw 12/5 and Liverpool 5/2. Stoke are unbeaten in 8 home premier league games and have picked up 16 points at home this season winning 4 and drawing 4. Liverpool on the other hand have played 8 away games picking up 10 points with a W2 D4 L2 record. Stoke are a great side defensively and I honestly struggle to see how Liverpool are favourites for this match let alone be as short as 13/10. Yes, Liverpool won 4-0 at the weekend but they are so inconsistent and lost 3-1 at home to an Aston Villa side that got thrashed 8-0 on Sunday. Liverpool are very reliant on Suarez and if he is not at the top of the game that significantly weakens Liverpools chances of winning a game. Stoke on a +0.25 AH at even money all day long for me. Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

hammers were missing only carrol at that time' date=' so yes to attack thesis, but no to missings... not so sure about stoke this time, seems impossible that bookies would make the same mistake several times in a row... no bet for me untill +0.5 1.80+...[/quote'] The key missing player was Diame - he was carried off on a stretcher after 73 min. with West Ham leading 2:1.

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Liverpool @ 2.20 sportsbet Stoke set themselves up well defensively, and as such have conceded just one goal in their last 4 games, and just 3 goals in their last 8 home games in the EPL. As such, this then takes away much of their attacking play, as they do not get the numbers forward to create chances.However even against Spurs they rode their luck at times while them themselves rarely threatened, so they do give up a few chances, it is just a matter of putting one away. Stoke tend to rely on set pieces, and even though they have some big men for these moments, Liverpool match up well, with Johnson, Enrique, Agger and Skrtel, as well as Shelvey and Gerrard to counteract this. Liverpool will rely on Suarez to make it happen up front, but they looked a much better side without Allen in the midfield, and Downing took the most of his opportunity with Sterling being rested. They had won two games on the trot, with wins over West Ham and Southampton, before getting cocky and paying the price with the loss to Aston Villa, but then bounced back in fine style to beat Fulham 4-0. Believe they have learnt their lesson and will not look to make the same mistake of underestimating the opposition. Going to Stoke is a game many teams dread but Liverpool have played well there in the past, with little reward, and even earlier this season, should have won, instead of drawing 0-0 at home to them. With Liverpool likely to take the game to them, and Gerrard looking to continue his improvement in form, then the Reds can win this. A further note is that they have not lost their last 4 Boxing Day clashes, so they will be up for this game, as Rodgers looks to get the team higher up than their 8th position, as they have finally made it in to the top half of the table.

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Man of the Match: Suarez 8/1 Betvictor. Suarez has a good record against Stoke in the past. He may be on the small side, but he's a little scrapper and he loves the physical element of the game. I can see him rising to the occasion and with his guile and close control he could cause problems for Huth and Shawcross. Also, in a game that's almost certain to be short on goals with Suarez the most likely of scorers then that could give him the edge.

Re: Stoke City v Liverpool > Boxing Day My first input into this thread. Last week for LFC was the first time he played a team without any of his(BR) signings. Coincidence? The last 5 meetings in the pl, have averaged 1 goal a game the last 3 ...0-0 0-0 1-0 imo both sides would take 0-0 right now a shameful pick from sky sports. DRAW/DRAW 4/1 most books. 30 points No goal scorer 8/1,( if you can get it), 10 points UNDER 1.5 Goals 2/1 40 points STOKE/DRAW 18/1 10 points LPOOL/DRAW 18/1 10 points GL all

My first input into this thread. Last week for LFC was the first time he played a team without any of his(BR) signings. Coincidence? The last 5 meetings in the pl, have averaged 1 goal a game the last 3 ...0-0 0-0 1-0 imo both sides would take 0-0 right now a shameful pick from sky sports. DRAW/DRAW 4/1 most books. 30 points No goal scorer 8/1,( if you can get it), 10 points UNDER 1.5 Goals 2/1 40 points STOKE/DRAW 18/1 10 points LPOOL/DRAW 18/1 10 points GL all
Nightmare game, 3-1 on 49th min,,,1.24 stoke city...420 points, to get 100 points back, Glad to be out of it, cant see stoke letting this lead go. GL all

Liverpool @ 2.20 sportsbet Stoke set themselves up well defensively, and as such have conceded just one goal in their last 4 games, and just 3 goals in their last 8 home games in the EPL. As such, this then takes away much of their attacking play, as they do not get the numbers forward to create chances.However even against Spurs they rode their luck at times while them themselves rarely threatened, so they do give up a few chances, it is just a matter of putting one away. Stoke tend to rely on set pieces, and even though they have some big men for these moments, Liverpool match up well, with Johnson, Enrique, Agger and Skrtel, as well as Shelvey and Gerrard to counteract this. Liverpool will rely on Suarez to make it happen up front, but they looked a much better side without Allen in the midfield, and Downing took the most of his opportunity with Sterling being rested. They had won two games on the trot, with wins over West Ham and Southampton, before getting cocky and paying the price with the loss to Aston Villa, but then bounced back in fine style to beat Fulham 4-0. Believe they have learnt their lesson and will not look to make the same mistake of underestimating the opposition. Going to Stoke is a game many teams dread but Liverpool have played well there in the past, with little reward, and even earlier this season, should have won, instead of drawing 0-0 at home to them. With Liverpool likely to take the game to them, and Gerrard looking to continue his improvement in form, then the Reds can win this. A further note is that they have not lost their last 4 Boxing Day clashes, so they will be up for this game, as Rodgers looks to get the team higher up than their 8th position, as they have finally made it in to the top half of the table.
Mate, do you enjoy making grown men cry :lol