FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 12 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AFC Wimbledon v York City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 13 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Barrow v Guiseley (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bradford City v Northampton Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Braintree Town v Tranmere Rovers (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Milton Keynes Dons v Cambridge City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.18[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nuneaton Town v Luton Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Rochdale v Morecambe (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Slough Town v Mansfield Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Walsall v Lincoln City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 14 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gloucester City v Leyton Orient (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 15 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Altrincham FC v Burton Albion (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Another factor in that game is that should AFC Wimbledon overcome York they will more than likely come up against MK Dons for the first time ever. AFC do score a lot of goals, and I agree they seem like a good choice, although I haven't checked all the odds yet.

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November Monday night preview: 4pts York City to qualify Evs Ladbrokes I guess in the back of our minds we have to wonder whether to have faith in AFC Wimbledon’s credibility for wanting to win this tie given who could await for them in the second round if they get through. That is a concern without doubt but it isn’t the reason why I fancy York here. I just like the way they know how to win cup ties recently and while I wouldn’t be surprised if this needs longer than 90 minutes to settle I think they are the better side, have more offensive weapons and can book a spot in round 2. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/afc-wimbledon-vs-york-city-betting-york-s-recent-cup-experiences-can-benefit-them-in-first-round-replay

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November

AFC fans actually don't want to play mk sons so it will be interesting to see what happens if they do play each other. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum
Hi, can you please explain why AFC fans dont want to play mk dons? i do not understand. Thanks!

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November Having seen York in the flesh recently (1-1 v Northampton Town) and looking at other results, I just don't think they have enough to beat AFC Wimbledon tonight. They went 1-0 up against Northampton and even once Northampton had a man sent of they never looked convincing. They do have several tricky, skillfull midfielders/strikers, but once they get in and around the box they just don't seem very dangerous. They haven't scored more than one goal a game in the last 5 and despite what everyone says about AFC not being overly excited about a possible tie against MK Dons in the next round I don't expect them to throw away a possible cup run for that reason only. AFC Wimbledon @ 2.37 - Bet365

Hi, can you please explain why AFC fans dont want to play mk dons? i do not understand. Thanks!
Because they had their club taken away from them and essentially MK Dons took their place in the league. They would find it very awkward playing a club they don't think should exsist and obviously they don't want to give any money to them. Think it is something they would rather just avoid. They were drawn against each other a couple of years ago but one of them didn't win their replay so it didn't happen, but all their fans were saying they didn't want to play them. Obviously the press think it would be a great thing to happen.

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November I think what your saying does not make any sense at all MK Dons your saying that AFC would like to miss out on money from winning this game because it would mean they play MK in next round and would then be giving MK money from the next match.I know at least 5 AFC fans and when they seen the draw there was one thing on there mind KNOCKING MK out of the next round and getting a cup run and earning money themselves that they could badly do with.If AFC were to win tonight and then beat MK mate they could end up getting a dream tie and earning a fortune for themselves.Sorry what i think your saying is pure nonsense

He is right though :lol It's the fans that don't want it, the players/back room staff/owners would probably want it a lot more as it will be on Sky and there will be a lot of attention around the tie. I'm a bit of a superstitious person in these circumstances and the fact the tie almost came to fruition last year, and again has a chance of taking place this year is just too good to ignore. AFC have goals in them, so I fancy them strongly. They're not being favoured in the odds because of their league positioning but the FA Cup isn't that straightforward, and they clearly have enough to beat York IMO. AFC Wimbledon - 0.25 @ 2.15 - bet 365.

I think what your saying does not make any sense at all MK Dons your saying that AFC would like to miss out on money from winning this game because it would mean they play MK in next round and would then be giving MK money from the next match.I know at least 5 AFC fans and when they seen the draw there was one thing on there mind KNOCKING MK out of the next round and getting a cup run and earning money themselves that they could badly do with.If AFC were to win tonight and then beat MK mate they could end up getting a dream tie and earning a fortune for themselves.Sorry what i think your saying is pure nonsense
No the fans don't want to pay money to go and watch the game. All the things I have read from AFC fans have said they don't want to play them and one I follow on Twitter said the same thing when the draw was made. I am sure that as in all things it wont be 100% of their fans and some would want to play them and beat them, but I suspect another factor would be the horrible feeling if they lose to them as it would be a whole lot worse than losing to anyone else.

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November While one can sympathise with the fans' unease, it is a truism that only money counts in footy and sentiment puts nothing in the bank balance. I expect Wimbledon to win and will be betting accordingly.

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November It is fair to say I am in dreadful form at the moment and going for three big price upsets may not be the way to get myself back on track, but I fancy them so will tip them up. First off I am very keen on Lincoln at 7/1 (Boylesports) to beat Walsall. I have backed Lincoln to be relegated this season which was looking a good value bet for a while, but they have now got a settled side and are unbeaten in 8. They should have won the first game and Walsall are in dreadful form at the moment and lost again at the weekend. I think Lincoln have a much better chance than the odds suggest. I have bad memories of Slough as Gloucester City lost an FA Trophy semi-final replay to Dagenham & Redbridge there, but hopefully I can have some happier memories this week. I said on Tuesday I would happily back anyone at home to Mansfield at the moment as they are dreadful away from home. Slough gave them a real good game in the first leg and will fancy causing an upset. They won 6-1 in the league on Saturday so go into the match in good heart. Coral are 7/2 about a home win. The live game on Thursday sees Altrincham host Burton and again I can see an upset. Burton were very lucky to get a second go as they got the equaliser late on in the first game. Altrincham are better at home and in Damian Reeves have a Football League quality striker which is always a big plus in games like this. They look a fair price at 11/4. I did tip up Gloucester when our game was meant to be played last Sunday, but with Orient winning at the weekend and Lisbie back in action for them I am going to leave the game alone now and just hope we can pull off some sort of upset.

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November By the way I am not having a bet on the game tonight, I just think the whole thing is interesting and is something to bare in mind. Money does talk in football, but I actually think this issue is above money. No doubt if it was happening in the Premier League it wouldn't though.

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November Don't read too much into the 3-0 result at the weekend. York were woeful and the worst I have seen them play for a long time. On their day though they are a decent outfit and well capable of beating Wimbledon. The trouble is that the defence occasionally switch off and make silly mistakes and the forwards miss far too many chances. To me this is a no bet and could go either way. If I was to have a bet I would try a speculative punt on Mclaughlan being first scorer at 22/1 Betvictor. He didn't start at the weekend but will surely play tonight. He is a talent player and knows how to find the net.

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November 4pts Tranmere (-0.75AH) to beat Braintree 1.92 Bet365 The re-scheduling of this tie probably benefits Tranmere in many ways. When it was originally scheduled they were in the middle of a mini slump but they have come out of that since then and now go into this match in good form. I thought 9 days ago that Tranmere would have way too much for Braintree and I still think that. As I said on that occasion Braintree will have a go and use their aerial threat but Tranmere are an aerial team themselves so I expect them to weather that and run out winners of the tie. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/braintree-vs-tranmere-betting-tranmere-can-take-advantage-of-rescheduled-tie-to-progress-to-second-round

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November Have to agree with Kevshat on Tranmere Rovers tonight. They've steadied the ship after a brief wobble and they have the personnel to deal with Braintree's direct approach. They've attacking players in abundance as well. I've taken two spread trades: a buy of Tranmere's supremacy at 0.9 with Sporting. They are top scorers in L1 away from home and even though Braintree have been performing much better at home than their recent results suggest, their high-tempo approach - which works against a typical mid-table Conference side - leaves them open to Tranmere's efficient counters. I've also bought the goal minutes of James Wallace, at 12 with Spreadex. He's been one of the stars of the show for Tranmere this season and his shots-per-game ratio is pretty decent, and although he's only notched a couple this season he's the kind of intelligent midfield schemer that Braintree won't be used to dealing with. Also tonight I've sold the time of the 2nd Guiseley goal at Barrow at 78 with Sporting. Barrow - early season strangulators of games - have lost the art of defending, with one clean sheet in six at home and 13 conceded. Guiseley are a cut above the average Conny North part-timers and though they are capable of real stinkers away from home, the suggestion is that with 16 scored in the last five in all competitions they are on something of a hot streak. Total goals also look a buy in this one, at 3 with Sporting.

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November Tranmere have scored 35 league goals this season, 3 off the strikers that scored 18 of those goals will play no part tonight Jake Cassidy 10 goals is out (Wolves not given permission to play) Bell-Baggie 1 goal is out (injured) Akpa Akpro 7 goals is out (long term injured) That leaves Tranmere with a choice of 4 strikers who have between them a total of 7 goals in 34 apps. Adam Mcgurk 1 goal in 11 apps Cole Stockton 2 goals in 12 apps Jake Jervis 4 goals in 9 apps Nathan Ecclestone 0 goals in 2 apps Add to this midfielder Liam Palmer has been denied permission to play by parent club sheffield Wednesday plus the fact that despite Braintree's lowly position in the Blue Sque prem they have the 8th best defence record then i cant see a goal fest like some have predicted.

Tranmere have scored 35 league goals this season, 3 off the strikers that scored 18 of those goals will play no part tonight Jake Cassidy 10 goals is out (Wolves not given permission to play) Bell-Baggie 1 goal is out (injured) Akpa Akpro 7 goals is out (long term injured) That leaves Tranmere with a choice of 4 strikers who have between them a total of 7 goals in 34 apps. Adam Mcgurk 1 goal in 11 apps Cole Stockton 2 goals in 12 apps Jake Jervis 4 goals in 9 apps Nathan Ecclestone 0 goals in 2 apps Add to this midfielder Liam Palmer has been denied permission to play by parent club sheffield Wednesday plus the fact that despite Braintree's lowly position in the Blue Sque prem they have the 8th best defence record then i cant see a goal fest like some have predicted.
ESPN also reports that Danny Holmes is a late decision after limping out of Saturday match vs Oldham. Tranmere going to be without way too many key players

ESPN also reports that Danny Holmes is a late decision after limping out of Saturday match vs Oldham. Tranmere going to be without way too many key players
Agree mate i think it will be a tougher game than most will think. I still see Tranmere winning due to their resilience in defence, all round greater quality and higher fitness levels due to being a full time club, just dont see the stats pointing to goals, goals, and more goals.

4pts Tranmere (-0.75AH) to beat Braintree 1.92 Bet365 The re-scheduling of this tie probably benefits Tranmere in many ways. When it was originally scheduled they were in the middle of a mini slump but they have come out of that since then and now go into this match in good form. I thought 9 days ago that Tranmere would have way too much for Braintree and I still think that. As I said on that occasion Braintree will have a go and use their aerial threat but Tranmere are an aerial team themselves so I expect them to weather that and run out winners of the tie. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/braintree-vs-tranmere-betting-tranmere-can-take-advantage-of-rescheduled-tie-to-progress-to-second-round
Good call Kevshat. I had a good punt on that! Cheers ;-)

Re: FA Cup > 12th November - 15th November Nothing like being right about Lincoln and Slough but not getting paid out on either bet. No idea what I have done to deserve such rotten luck at the moment. Probably would have laid of the Lincoln bet in running as well, but was out tonight.

Nothing like being right about Lincoln and Slough but not getting paid out on either bet. No idea what I have done to deserve such rotten luck at the moment. Probably would have laid of the Lincoln bet in running as well' date=' but was out tonight.[/quote'] yeah, really unlucky mate. I was watching both matches unfold and you were spot on. Dont let it get to you. If you keep this up, surely luck will play no part. Also, if it softens the blow, dont think it would, but I actually did profit from your tips as I did lay in-play. So cheers for that. Hoping that you can profit on your own plays though.