Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v Chelsea (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Nordsjælland v Shakhtar Donetsk (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Juventus - Chelsea Chelsea are poor at the moment, especially in defense. They have a number of key defenders missing and they struggled against WBA in the Premier League on Saturday. Juventus, however are playing consistently. Even though they drew their first 3 games in the Champions League, they played well against Nordsjaelland in the 4th round winning 4-0. They also have a good record against English sides and in my opinion odds on a home win are good and will further drop closer to kick off in my opinion. Juventus @ 1.90 Bet365

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Juventus-Chelsea Juventus will attack for sure because they need a win to be in top 2.Shakhtar will most probably win in Denmark and will be with 10 points.Most recently Chelsea's defence isn't in it's best form so Juve will score for sure.I cannot imagine Chelsea sit back and wait for 0:0 and this magic trio Hazard,Torres,Mata will create some real opportunities to score.Last 2 games between Chelsea and Juve produced 4 goals both ending 2:2.I see 1:1 at least which is a good result for the visiting team in this fixture.Di Mateo have rested Mata in the WBA game but given the bad result he was forced to let him take place in the end of the 2nd half.Anyway he played about 20 mins and will be fresh for sure.There are no key players missing and with Terry back he will give more confidence in the back but with forwards like Torres,Mata,Hazard and Vucinic,Giovinco and Quagliarella on the other hand goals for both teams will be inevitable

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Gotta say I think Juventus are a tad short here at 1.80-1.90, I wouldnt have them below Evens. Chelsea are definitely in a little tough spot right now but I'd still have questions about this Juve side....admittedly brilliant domestically over the last year, even though they've slipped a couple of times recently losing their unbeaten streak at home to Inter and drew a blank vs Lazio this weekend. It's a huge game for both, but I'd say arguably more pressure on Juve as the home side and being below Chelsea(who have a pretty good final match at home to Nordsjaelland), a draw would do for Di Matteo In Juve. Should be a tight match IMO, good midfield battle in order with Pirlo/Vidal/Marchisio against Chelsea's talented bunch in that area.

Not surprised the price has taken a nosedive. I'd have hammered the 2.15 available on Juventus when the odds were released. Obviously Juventus have been backed heavily after Chelsea's defeat to WBA, and I would hazard a guess, after watching David Luiz attempts at defending... I've given up trying to judge value in the CL, but I would agree Chelsea look too long. But at the same time I can't get past their current defensive frailties. Can Juventus exploit them? :unsure

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) For me Shakhtar is a banker. The 1.33 isn't great odds but it's safe. There is a big chance for Juventus v Chelsea to be a draw which will help Shakhtar.I can't see Juventus winning this one. The best they can get is a draw. With a win in Danemark Donetsk will have 10 points and will most likely qualify for the last 16. The team that drew away to Juventus 1-1 and scored two goals away to Chelsea, only losing by a late goal from Moses, will get all 3 points from Danemark. Shakhtar Donetsk to win 1/3 (Coral) I will have them in an accumulator with Bate Borisov (10/11) and Arsenal (3/10) {Coral} @3.30

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland)

There is a big chance for Juventus v Chelsea to be a draw which will help Shakhtar.I can't see Juventus winning this one. The best they can get is a draw. With a win in Danemark Donetsk will have 10 points and will most likely qualify for the last 16. The team that drew away to Juventus 1-1 and scored two goals away to Chelsea, only losing by a late goal from Moses, will get all 3 points from Danemark.
These are my thoughts as well. Putting aside the fact that Chelsea are undoubtedly in their annual mid-season slump, I can see Di Matteo pushing really hard for the boys to pull out a draw. I think it will come down to the line-up that RDM chooses. If its the same 4-2-3-1 with Mata Oscar Hazard, then Juventus could be comfortable in scoring. But if (as is being rumored) RDM is making changes, I see it toward a more defensive set-up in order to get a draw at all costs--park the bus anyone? Finally, Chelsea have a knack for doing what it takes to qualify from CL group stages even during their slumps; recall last year's 3-0 must-win against Valencia.

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Nordjaelland draw with Juventus because italian strikers are not so good at the moment and even if is not a big problem in Serie A it's an handicap in Champions League. Chelsea has the same problem with Torres, I think the match will be decided by miedfielders and those of Chelsea are a bit more relaxed

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I like Chelsea to get the business done here. I bet the juventus-lazio game and I thought Juventus were crap. If Chelsea can triumph over Barcelona and Bayern last season, they must surely have a good shout, with a better team, against a lesser opponent. This Chelsea team has enormous potential (to which they are not playing), and sooner or later they will click. I am more than prepared to have a small punt on them winning at 10/3 bet365

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) It is already the fifth round of the CL and I think it is time to pay attention to the special motivation of each team and the result the are looking for. Chelsea have been really attractive and enjoyable this season, but the stake now is immense and I feel that Di Mateo will rediscover the "park the bus" tactic from the spring campaign. A draw will surely see Chelsea through to the next round, though maybe at second place, but this should not be so critical - qualifying from this heavy group should be priority number one, plus teams like Real Madrid are expected to finish second, so place number one does not guarantee good draw. On the other hand, if Chelsea fails and Shakhtar expectedly gets three points in Denmark, this means that Di Mateo's team is out of the tournament since a draw between Shakhtar and Juventus will suit both teams in the last round at the expense of the British. This is very important point, because it surely means that Di mateo won't be taking any risks here. I am confident that he investigated thoroughly Juventus and knows that opening up in Turin might be a suicide. On the other hand, Juve's few failures last and this season, have been against good bunker defenses. They do struggle to get the job done when the bus is parked along the goal-line. Last example was this Saturday when a team with very offensive mentality - Lazio, barely crossed the half-line of the pitch, but managed to contain Juve. Juventus were much better indeed and they were unlucky at times, but they also looked very one-dimensional for most of this game and seemed to be devoid of fresh ideas how to break through Lazio's bunker. I feel that Juve will probably prevail in the end. But their price is a little overestimated, as pointed out above, mainly due to WBA loss during the weekend. Unders look like much better option here. I also feel that there's a little unrealistic approach towards the pricing of goals in this game. Too much emphasis is put on high scoring in the previous games, played by Chelsea and Juve in the tournament (as well as high scoring games of Chelsea in the PL). However, this game is different, cause it is practically a group decider, and one of the teams will be eager to get a draw. I don't think this is calculated in the price, otherwise it would not be above evens. Under 2.5 @ 2.075 (b365)

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I have no understandable reasoning but with our referee Red Card odds around @4 may be valuable for so small stakes between 1-5$ in Juventus-Chelsea match :) I wrote this in wrong place :(

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) 4pts Juventus to beat Chelsea 10/11 Paddy Power This is going to be a tough night for Chelsea. They saw how good Juventus could be at first hand when the Italians came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Stamford Bridge in the opening round of matches in this group and I suspect they will find out how good they are here. Juventus may lack a genuine out and out goalscorer but this Chelsea defence gives up plenty of chances and I think they can take enough to win this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/juventus-vs-chelsea-betting-juventus-can-leave-chelsea-s-champions-league-hopes-hanging-by-a-thread

Juventus-Chelsea Juventus will attack for sure because they need a win to be in top 2.Shakhtar will most probably win in Denmark and will be with 10 points.Most recently Chelsea's defence isn't in it's best form so Juve will score for sure.I cannot imagine Chelsea sit back and wait for 0:0 and this magic trio Hazard,Torres,Mata will create some real opportunities to score.Last 2 games between Chelsea and Juve produced 4 goals both ending 2:2.I see 1:1 at least which is a good result for the visiting team in this fixture.Di Mateo have rested Mata in the WBA game but given the bad result he was forced to let him take place in the end of the 2nd half.Anyway he played about 20 mins and will be fresh for sure.There are no key players missing and with Terry back he will give more confidence in the back but with forwards like Torres,Mata,Hazard and Vucinic,Giovinco and Quagliarella on the other hand goals for both teams will be inevitable
"With Terry back"...? He's not back! And Lampard??? Out since 23.10.Only possibility for Chelsea imho is if Di Matteo like last CL season play VERY defensive with superb contras. PS Don't underestimate FC Nordsjaelland. Their fast tiki-taki might surprise Shaktar just as it did to Juventus. They just don't play "park the bus" and will attack from first second and play for pride (minor chance for EL if they win both remaining games and other results go their way). Shaktar last 6 CL away: 1-1-4. Shaktar lost in the weekend to Arsenal Kyiv (seasons first loose of points) and midfieldwarrior Thomas Hübschmann is out (played all 4 groupgames). GL Would like to add that I'm looking forward to enjoy Oscar. Scored 4 goals (2 against Juventus) in 4 appearances from just 6 shots on target. Furthermore he got quite good hold on Pirlo just like he did on Arteta in the Arsenal-game.

"With Terry back"...? He's not back! And Lampard??? Out since 23.10.Only possibility for Chelsea imho is if Di Matteo like last CL season play VERY defensive with superb contras. PS Don't underestimate FC Nordsjaelland. Their fast tiki-taki might surprise Shaktar just as it did to Juventus. They just don't play "park the bus" and will attack from first second and play for pride (minor chance for EL if they win both remaining games and other results go their way). Shaktar last 6 CL away: 1-1-4. Shaktar lost in the weekend to Arsenal Kyiv (seasons first loose of points) and midfieldwarrior Thomas Hübschmann is out (played all 4 groupgames). GL Would like to add that I'm looking forward to enjoy Oscar. Scored 4 goals (2 against Juventus) in 4 appearances from just 6 shots on target. Furthermore he got quite good hold on Pirlo just like he did on Arteta in the Arsenal-game.
Why not?Terry took part against WBA

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) John terry wont be back till early next month as he suffers an injury during the game vs Liverpool which chelsea drew. i think over [email protected] offers great value considering Chelsea wont be able to play 'park the bus' tactic anymore with the absence of terry, even if they did that, i dont think it will be succesful.

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Juventus v Chelsea under 2.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Chelsea lead the group with Shaktar Donetsk while Juventus are a point behind and expect Chelsea to play a cautious game, as a point here will be enough to keep them ahead of Juventus going into the last game in this group stage. They did draw 2-2 with Juventus at home but expect a different approach from Chelsea in this game, especially as the likes of Torres is not scoring regularly. Also expect Juventus to be more cautious as they will be looking not to concede two goals in the first half, which they needed to come back from to draw 2-2 in that game. Each side will be wary of the other and can see this being a stalemate as neither will be looking to concede to the other to give them the advantage FC Nordsjælland v Shakhtar Donetsk under 2.5 @ 2.45 pinnacle Having already beaten them 2-0 at home, and then seeing both Juventus and Chelsea beat them 4-0, would not be surprised to see Shaktar Donetsk underestimate FC Nordsjælland here, just like Juventus did when they went to Denmark, and managed to escape with a 1-1 draw with them. While they look to attack, the Danish side does make it hard for the opposition to get into a rythym, so SD could have some problems here repeating the other result they had against them. They do have some quality players in their side, but SD may not give FC Nordsjælland the respect they deserve here

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) *Juventus WIN @ 5/6 BetVictor* Chelsea are on a poor run of form at the moment. They lost at West Brom the weekend 2-1, and deservedly lost the game. They were in full control against Liverpool the week before, and threw away the game, and nearly even lost it, finishing 1-1. They drew 1-1 at Swansea the game before that, and Swansea were the better side on the day. They lost 3-2 at home to Man United and were defeated in Donetsk 2-1 in the Champions League. They did win one game in that time, an unconvincing 3-2 win at home to Donetsk. I think Chelsea are in a blip at the moment. Even when they were at their best earlier in the season, Juventus came to Stamford Bridge and came back from 2-0 down to make it 2-2. Juventus can look unflattering in Serie A games and against weaker opposition, but when it comes to big Champions League nights like this, this is a club steeped with historic heritage in european football and i really do fancy them to beat Chelsea tonight. Juve have only lost 1 game in their last 21 games, and that was against Inter. Juve currently lie in thirs place, and they have to win tonight as their last game is away to Donetsk, which will be very tough for them. Terry is also out for Chelsea tonight, which will make them defensively vulnerable. I think the price on Juve is fair for the win tonight and i will back them accordingly.

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I think Shakhtar beat to 0 2.00 bet365 is a good bet. Shakhtar win in this game is not controversial for me. Nordsjeland score only one goal i this CL campaign against Juve from free kick, because of that my bet is Shakhtar beat to 0. The odds are not bad.GL.

It is already the fifth round of the CL and I think it is time to pay attention to the special motivation of each team and the result the are looking for. Chelsea have been really attractive and enjoyable this season, but the stake now is immense and I feel that Di Mateo will rediscover the "park the bus" tactic from the spring campaign. A draw will surely see Chelsea through to the next round, though maybe at second place, but this should not be so critical - qualifying from this heavy group should be priority number one, plus teams like Real Madrid are expected to finish second, so place number one does not guarantee good draw. On the other hand, if Chelsea fails and Shakhtar expectedly gets three points in Denmark, this means that Di Mateo's team is out of the tournament since a draw between Shakhtar and Juventus will suit both teams in the last round at the expense of the British. This is very important point, because it surely means that Di mateo won't be taking any risks here. I am confident that he investigated thoroughly Juventus and knows that opening up in Turin might be a suicide. On the other hand, Juve's few failures last and this season, have been against good bunker defenses. They do struggle to get the job done when the bus is parked along the goal-line. Last example was this Saturday when a team with very offensive mentality - Lazio, barely crossed the half-line of the pitch, but managed to contain Juve. Juventus were much better indeed and they were unlucky at times, but they also looked very one-dimensional for most of this game and seemed to be devoid of fresh ideas how to break through Lazio's bunker. I feel that Juve will probably prevail in the end. But their price is a little overestimated, as pointed out above, mainly due to WBA loss during the weekend. Unders look like much better option here. I also feel that there's a little unrealistic approach towards the pricing of goals in this game. Too much emphasis is put on high scoring in the previous games, played by Chelsea and Juve in the tournament (as well as high scoring games of Chelsea in the PL). However, this game is different, cause it is practically a group decider, and one of the teams will be eager to get a draw. I don't think this is calculated in the price, otherwise it would not be above evens. Under 2.5 @ 2.075 (b365)
:ok:ok:oknice analyse and what do you think about more goals second [email protected]

:ok:ok:oknice analyse and what do you think about more goals second [email protected]
It is a very likely outcome, but I will personally stick with the unders. It is better priced and more logical. I feel that Chelsea will be closing themselves and there will be few goals, but who knows when they will fall and whether they will fall at all. For instance, if by half time the score is 0:0, there is high likelihood that the "second half" bet wins, but also there is a big likelihood of a 0:0 draw. I know we should not judge from just one game, but I cannot take Juve-Lazio game out of my head (probably cause I lost some money there). Juve looked so sure to score during their first half performance and the beginning of the second, but the more the clock was ticking, the more Juve became nervous and predictable.

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Juventus v Chelsea We can talk statistics all day, but when a game like this comes around I tend do avoid a punt. It seems the majority are backing the home side. Chelsea got through these games last year but aren't we forgetting they were extremely lucky? They do have a stronger side with more options on the bench, Di Matteo may be feeling pressure aswell. Juventus could only manage a draw to shakhtar at home and feel it could be the same tonight. The odds aren't tempting enough for me, maybe if I dabbled on juventus when they were 2.00

I think Shakhtar beat to 0 2.00 bet365 is a good bet. Shakhtar win in this game is not controversial for me. Nordsjeland score only one goal i this CL campaign against Juve from free kick' date= because of that my bet is Shakhtar beat to 0. The odds are not bad.GL.
Not the worst bet ever that, although I've not checked to see if the price is still the same. I'm guessing not since you can lay 1.81 on Betfair. I have been hugely impressed with Shakhtar in every match I've seen them play in the CL (I've watched the full 90 minutes three times). The game Juventus drew in Denmark looks like the only point Nordsjaelland will score in this group. Victory will be so valuable to Shakhtar, I don't see them being complacent as suggest above by blackcrow.

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) benerop... I'd rather take your bet than Fedar's overs personally. Chelsea have alot of attacking possibilities in their team despite Torres isolation up-front. as mentioned, there are serious liabilities at the back too! Juve must have an awful lot of confidence from their SERIA performances over the last few seasons and can play with confidence here. Chelsea's indifferent start should buoy this confidence. Juve will be looking to scalp the champions, I reckon. Both teams will be thinking Shakhtar will win, so think it will definitely open up at some point. The reverse was 2-2 so it is an inplay overs bet for me.

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) One big bet for me today. I thin the Juve/Chelsea match will be a good one. But in the end, the outcome is just too close to call. I favor the Italians for sure, but, the price is a bit short on them, and Chelsea has bit me before in matches I expect them to not do as well. Both teams have excellent midfields and it could be a very hard fought game for possession. I would also lean towards the under, however, in looking into it, both teams need a result tbh. And if you get an early one, the opposing side will be forced to try and attack to get back to level, which could lead to chances on the counter attack. It's a violent spiral, so I could just as easily seeing this one end 0-0 as I could see it end 2-2. So, this is the type of game I will pass and just enjoy to watch and root against Chelsea of course. The big bet is the one team that needs a win to have any hope of advancing. They are playing easily the weakest side, and even on the road, I expect Shaktar to thump their opponents handily today. Nords has a 1-11 goal differential, and even to the simplest of punters, you can tell they are overwhelmed in every respect. They have no chance of advancing, and sure a victory would be nice, but in the end, it will not make a bit of difference either way. Shaktar knows if they win this one, they really are in the drivers seat to advance, which would be a tremendous result for them. There is no way this is a let down game, they are already familiar with their opponent, and this is a spot for them to get the full three points, and should be an easy one, tbh. I played Shaktar heavy on the -1.5 (-129). Yes, the handicap can come up and bite you in the ass, surely. But this just all lines up to a strong play in my eyes. Sometimes it's better to bet against a weak side than to back a strong side (and you'll more than likely see me on Porto tomorrow for another big play when this one hits) g'luck

Why not?Terry took part against WBA
Are you being serious? No he didn't and he is out for another 2 weeks after the liverpool injury. I think that if RDM makes the right selections then we can win this, however we only really need the draw. If we come out defensively it will be bad news for us. Our defence has looked shaky however if RDM plays Azpi Ivan Cahill Cole then we should be much better especially with cole back. Also Oscar is a beast at champions league games, which is a positive. However Torres has to be benched, i don't care who we start up there (ideally sturridge or moses) but i would 100% have david luiz at striker other than torres. He seems to have this invincibility meaning he is untouchable, but if he starts we are basically playing with 10.5 men again which is terrible. Man for man i think chelsea has the edge though Juve at home and they have strikers, where as we have none. Be a close game. Don't think you can back the unders here at all. Yes we may set out a bit more defensively but we will hit them on the break, and i would 100% be on overs as opposed to unders if i was gonna pick one. Heart says chelsea win at the reasonably looking odds, head says draw. But i honestly wouldn't be on unders. They could very well score early and even looking at recent games, 4 at the bridge, 5 vs shakhtar, 5 vs nordjaelland, yes we are away, but i think we will see goals here.

Re: Group E > Nov 20 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Ref in Juve v Chelsea is our firend Cunet Cakir!! Cards lines much too high for me to get involved with, but may look inplay as I think Cunet tends to show more in the 2nd half (I did some stats ages ago). And with the importance of the game, there could easily be some tempers and tackles late on.