Louis' Local Derbies, 122 bets, -3.9% yield

MPLouis

Re: Louis' Local Derbies, 109 bets, -3.5% yield

============ Ireland First Shelbourne v UCD Friday 1st May 20.00 A Dublin derby in the Irish First Division. I believe Shelbourne are the bigger club, but UCD have a good recent record at Shelbourne's ground, regularly picking up draws or wins. UCD have won three and drawn one of their last five games there. I think UCD are worth backing here on the 2-way Asian Handicap at decent looking odds. UCD +0.25 1.92 188Bet Stake: 2 points =============
Result: Shelbourne 0 UCD 2 Bet won :ok Stake: 2 points Return: 3.84 points

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

============= League Two Luton v Stevenage Sat 2nd May 15.00 1.98 4.33 h2h 0/0/1 These two clubs are 15 miles apart. Realistically, there is nothing to play for here except local pride on the last day of the season. (Luton could theoretically overtake Plymouth for the last playoff place if they win and Plymouth lose, but they also need an 8-goal swing to do this). Stevenage are in better form than their rivals. Stevenage won their only recent league game at Luton in 2009. I think they are good value to get something here. Stevenage or draw 1.95 365 Stake: 2 points =============
Result: Luton 2 Stevenage 0 Bet lost Stake: 2 points Return: nil

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Louis' Local Derbies, 109 bets, -3.5% yield Austria Bundesliga Rapid Vienna v Austria Vienna Sunday 17th May 15.30 The Vienna derby, the big one in Austria. Both clubs tend to well on each others' grounds. As Rapid's stadium is being re-built, they are playing their home games at the national stadium in Vienna for a period, so although this is a 'home' game, you could say it is at a neutral venue. In 'away' games at Rapid, Austria have won 3 and drawn 1 of the last 5. With two league games to go, Rapid are in 2nd place and Austria mid-table. Rapid need points from their last two games to make sure of second place, as the two clubs below them could overtake them at the moment. I think Austria's odds (5.9) are too long for this derby and worth taking in some form. Austria or draw 2.36 Marathon Stake: 2 points

Austria Bundesliga Rapid Vienna v Austria Vienna Sunday 17th May 15.30 The Vienna derby, the big one in Austria. Both clubs tend to well on each others' grounds. As Rapid's stadium is being re-built, they are playing their home games at the national stadium in Vienna for a period, so although this is a 'home' game, you could say it is at a neutral venue. In 'away' games at Rapid, Austria have won 3 and drawn 1 of the last 5. With two league games to go, Rapid are in 2nd place and Austria mid-table. Rapid need points from their last two games to make sure of second place, as the two clubs below them could overtake them at the moment. I think Austria's odds (5.9) are too long for this derby and worth taking in some form. Austria or draw 2.36 Marathon Stake: 2 points
Small correction: There are actually four games to go, but it doesn't make a huge difference as Rapid have virtually no chance of winning the league and are 4 points ahead of 3rd-placed Sturm. If they lose this game they would be under a bit of pressure to finish second, but would probably still be favourites.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Louis' Local Derbies, 109 bets, -3.5% yield ============== Tuesday 9th June 2015 Ireland Prem St Pats v Bohs This is a big Dublin derby. St Pats have been the better side in recent seasons, but Bohs have a good record at St Pats in the last 10 years or so. Bohs are above St Pats in the table after 15 games. Last Friday, Bohs had an impressive 2-1 win at leaders Dundalk. Bohs +1AH 1.79 Marathon Stake: 2 points ============== Tuesday 9th June 2015 Ireland Division 1 UCD v Shelbourne Another Dublin derby, this time in the 1st Division. Shelbourne have won 3 and drawn 2 in their last five games at UCD. I think they are worth backing to get something tonight. Shelbourne +0.5 1.77 188Bet Stake: 2 points ==============

• 3 weeks later...

Friday 3rd July 20.00 Ireland Division 1 Wexford v Waterford Almost the ideal setup for possible value on a derby bet. (This does not mean I am sure Waterford will win, but I do think they should be backed at long odds). After 15 games, Wexford lead the division on 30 points, and Waterford are bottom with 10 points. Waterford's record at Wexford: Last 10 league games Wexford results W4 D0 L6 Waterford DNB 7.0 Bet365 Stake: 2 points

• 1 month later...

Monday 10th August 18.05 Sweden Allsvenskan AIK v Djurgarden This is the biggest derby in Sweden, in the capital Stockholm. AIK have only won 2 out their last 10 games at home to Djurgarden, and I think AIK are worth opposing tonight at current odds. Djurgarden +0.5 1.75 BetVictor Stake: 2 points

Friday 14th August 19.45 League Two Notts County v Mansfield Mansfield is 15 miles from Nottingham, putting this game within easy reach for fans and players. Notts County have won one of their last five games at home to Mansfield, and are worth opposing at current odds … Mansfield or draw 1.9 Bet365 Stake: 2 points

Monday 10th August 18.05 Sweden Allsvenskan AIK v Djurgarden This is the biggest derby in Sweden, in the capital Stockholm. AIK have only won 2 out their last 10 games at home to Djurgarden, and I think AIK are worth opposing tonight at current odds. Djurgarden +0.5 1.75 BetVictor Stake: 2 points
Result: AIK 1 Djurgarden 0 Bet lost Stake: 2 points Return: nil From what I saw, it was a superb derby in a vibrant atmosphere. Djurgarden appeared to dominate the first half, but paid for not putting their chances away. Each side had a man sent off.

Friday 14th August 19.45 League Two Notts County v Mansfield Mansfield is 15 miles from Nottingham, putting this game within easy reach for fans and players. Notts County have won one of their last five games at home to Mansfield, and are worth opposing at current odds … Mansfield or draw 1.9 Bet365 Stake: 2 points
Result: Notts County 0 Mansfield 2 Bet won :ok Stake: 2 points Return: 3.8 points

• 1 month later...

Two derbies in England on Saturday worth backing I think.

Vanarama National
Chester v Wrexham

This is both a local derby and an international one, as it pairs an English club (Chester) and a Welsh one (Wrexham). Games are normally close and always hard fought.

I think Chester's odds are too long here at over 4.0 and they are worth backing

Chester +0.5
BetVictor

Stake: 2 points

Vanarama South
Ebbsfleet v Maidstone

In contrast to Chester v Wrexham, these two sides hardly ever play each other, but as they are only 30 minutes apart by car, and both sides' current closest league rivals, this is a big game with Maidstone expected to bring a lot of fans.

Both sides are in good form and I think Maidstone are too long at over 5.0 and worth backing

Maidstone or draw
Marathon

• 3 weeks later...

Sat 24 Oct 2015
League One
Rochdale v Oldham

A derby in the Manchester area. The clubs are about 7 miles apart. Oldham are the bigger club and usually take a lot of fans to the game. The last 3 derbies at Rochdale have ended with one home win, one draw and one away win. Oldham are 4 points below Rochdale in League One.

I think Oldham have a decent chance of a win or a draw here, and are worth backing at current odds.

Oldham +0.5
188Bet

Sun 25th Oct  15.30
Rapid Vienna v Austria Vienna

Odds on Austria in Sunday's Vienna derby look worth taking in some form.

Austria lost their last game at Rapid 4-1. But they've won six and drawn two of their last ten away derbies. The sides are 2nd and 3rd in the table behind Salzburg.

Austria Vienna +0.5
188Bet

Fri 30 Oct 2015
Wales Premier League
Bangor v Rhyl

A big derby in North Wales. These two towns are nearby, and there is a lot of local interest in this fixture.

Rhyl have a good record at Bangor over the last few years, and I think they worth taking here at longish looking odds.

Rhyl or draw
Marathon

• 3 weeks later...

Sat 21st Nov 2015
Sheffield Wedneday v Huddersfield

A Yorkshire derby, these clubs are less than 30 miles apart. Huddersfield have not lost at Wednesday in the last five games, winning 3 and drawing 2. They look decent value at the odds available -

Huddersfield +0.5
Bet365