BBOTD Saturday 20th October

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October Catterick 14:15- Delores Rocket - 9/4 WilliamHill Delores Rocket has won her last 3 starts on turf, these all had cut in the ground and this should be the case aswell here at Catterick. An extra furlong today but the horse stayed on well to win comfortbale lto at Ayr. Has a 6lb penalty for its success but I think the progressive filly should overcome this. Amy Ryan takes the ride having won with Delores Rocket twice before.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 4.45 Ascot Atlantic Sport 0.5pt EW @ 40/1 BetFred This horse's win percentage isn't exactly too inspiring with a record of 4 wins from 34 starts but he has now dropped to a career low mark of 90 which makes him pretty tempting. David Kenny takes off a further 3lbs to take him to 87 which puts him 7lbs lower than when he won in July this year on heavy ground at Haydock. His last 2 runs can be forgiven as they both came over a mile. Three of his 4 career wins have come over 7f and he has actually won at this track over 6f in his younger days. He also ran an absolute cracker in the Buckingham Palace at Royal Ascot this year over CD when finishing 3rd off a mark of 92. A reproduction of that effort would see him go close and with the Channon horses in good form, I feel there is every chance he can make the most of the handicapper's leniency. He has proven form on the ground and he is well drawn here. He is well suited by big field handicaps so fingers crossed for a big run.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October Cheltenham 340 - Balthazar King 10/1 Bet365 Won this race last year and also won in the cross country race at the festival so clearly loves the track. Needs good ground which it looks like he will get and his yard had a winner today and are adept are readying a horse after a break. This horse has a really good attitude as well and I will be a little surprised if he isnt up there at the finish.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 4.45 Ascot Axiom 16/1 MOST BOOKIES I totally agree with cpo about Atlantic sport (us boro lads stick together lol) Axiom was slowly away in last years race but still finished 4th,has good speed figures in the soft going and is now coming into form,he also likes a big field. Good luck everyone

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October Carlton House #3.30 Ascot~ 10/1(BlueSq) Think Great Heavens had tough race in the Arc last time out and Carlton House had conditions to suit and obviously been laid out for the race. Can't see it being out the frame. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October *Restiadargent - Ascot 2:20* If it could reproduce the form where 3rd to Black Caviar and Moonlight Cloud, it would win this race doing handstands probably. It is a two-time winner over this trip, the French do well when they come to the UK with their raiders, has a nice sit in stall 3 and we know it goes well at Ascot as that race against Black Caviar was at this track, so it could bring the best out of the horse. Worth a bet at the price. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 Boylesports BOG*

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 3:15 Kelso: Super Ally 1pt win 5/1 Ladbrokes This could be a case of horses for courses. Super Ally has a fine record here winning four from six races. Timmy Murphy is here rather than at Cheltenham (although that may be for family reasons!) nevertheless his presence on Super Ally is very much a positive and he has been in the plate each time Super Ally has won. Super Ally can stay this trip and even though this is another step up there could be more improvement to come at aged seven.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October Ascot 4:05 CIRRUS DES AIGLES 4/1 William Hill Frankel without a doubt one of the best horses in this decade. But he faces his toughest test tomorrow. With not ideal underfoot conditions and the soft ground migh stretch his stamina. Cirrus is a machine on soft ground. The last 4 times he raced on soft ground he won with wide margins. Latest the Prix Dollar by 9 lengths. Last year he defeated So You Think, Snow Fairy and Nathaniel in this race. If someone can beat Frankel then Cirrus tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 5.15 CATTERICK CONRY @ 17/2 BETVICTOR BOG .5ew Course record reads 11242 and has dropped to a very attractive mark of 70 on turf (lowest English turf mark), has been running ok on the AW during the summer and hopefully coming back to this track will spark him back to life. Has plenty of form on soft ground and should go well.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 13:45 Ascot Rite of Passage - Dermot Weld just bringing the 2 across for Ascot today. and Rite of Passage is a selection for me. A Gold Cup winner in 2010 who dropped out of last years Gold Cup due to injury at 3/1. I,s lightly raced with 11 rules races in his 8 years. Has won on various going, at course and a great record when running fresh. Has not ran since May 11 but if Dermot had any doubts I think he would have pulled him out like last year. From 11 rules races 7 wins and 3 places.0.5EW 8/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 15.05 Cheltenham: Hi Note, 4/1 >boylesports, win Hi Note has a bit to find on official ratings but has fitness on her side. She receives seven pounds from the current odds on fav and over a stone from the second fav. She won very easily lto when she put in a perfect round of jumping in a class 3 handicap, winning by 25L. Trainer Sheena West is in cracking form, with 3 winners from 4 runners this month. Jockey Marc Goldstein is also in great form with 4 winners from just 7 rides this month. The pair also have an impressive record together with a 19% strike rate and a near £60 lsp.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 2:50 Catterick - Flash City - 1pt Win - 18/1 Corals. Ground should suit today as has decent placed form in these conditions and trainer Bryan Smart is in decent form at the moment. His other horse Verinco looks to follow up last years win in the same race but I think this horse could go even better today. Worth a shot at the price in what looks a competitive race.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 2.20 Ascot - Slade Power - improving Irish three year old that represents Edward Lynam, who also trains the top class Sole Power. Won a Listed race over this trip on soft ground last time. Needs to improve again to win this but going the right way. 8/1 Bet Victor, 1 pt win ------------- Not my BBOTD but just seen a massive steamer at Wolves. Stylistickhill in the 9.20 (last race). Progressive on AW last year round Wolves, been on turf this year and flopped. Back on AW tonight back at Wolves, only 1lb above a good run on AW last Dec when last seen on polytrack. 14/1's has gone, generally 7/s, managed to get on at 11's.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 2.30 Cheltenham - 1pt win Havingotascoobydo @ 8/1 (Bet365) Difficult races to call in the early part of the season - especially ultra-competitive handicaps such as this but one of the horses who I'm confident will be able to put it all in this afternoon is Martin Keighley's runner. It helps when horses have a history of performing on the back of an absence and this talented runner is 2-2 when running after a break (14l and 10l being the winning margin). He's been in the frame on 10 of his 14 career starts, winning 5, with his only finish outside the top three (when not falling) coming on his hurdling debut. He's proved himself just as capable over fences, despite coming to grief twice, and this trip should suit better than the two miles he was often seen over last year. He's won over 2m5f over hurdles so there are no stamina issues and the form of his two runs here at the back end of 2011 is rock solid. He returned to hurdles for his final run of the campaign when only foiled by a punted on winner and there should be more to come at the age of 7. He returns with conditions to suit and he should be bang there once more.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 3.40 Cheltenham: Ryman The Stationer Handicap Chase (Class 2) (3m110y) Another very competitive handicap and I like Bradley off just 10st 12lbs. He was very progressive last season and is one of the few unexposed types in the race. The yard is flying at the moment and has won on this course so ticks plenty of boxes. The favourite Hold On Julio is respected for Alan King but an each way alternative is Balthazar King who won this last year and trainer Philip Hobbs seems to have his string pretty forward. His target will be the cross country race later in the year but can run well here in the meantime. Selection: EW Bradley 10/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October Cork 2:10 - Srucahan 3yo LTO winner just four days ago on heavy. Heavy ground again today and a 7lb apprentice in the saddle, which effectively means that he's running off a 2lb lower mark than his recent win over the same distance. The jockey's had just two previous races; the first of which was a 2nd on this one. Trainer's only runner of the day. 10/3 betvictor - win

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 4:05 Ascot - Frankel - Back Absolutely standout here and actually looks a fair price compared to some of the antepost prices he traded at. Fair enough the ground is soft, but I've found over the years that the truly top class horses will find a way to win no matter what the circumstances. He's arguably the greatest racehorse of all time and whilst Cirrus DES Aigles is a worthy opponent, I think frankel will show us all yet again that he's in a different league to everything else 1pt win @ 3/10 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 2.00 Cheltenham OUR VINNIE 9/2 Lads WIN Our Vinnie has tons of scope over hurdles esp over these longer distances. His form came last season when revelling in the step up to two and a half miles when second to Ballycase at leopardstown. Debut this year was a pipe-opener for this.....being inadaquate trip and not given a hard time behind. Been very well backed...I missed the 17/2 y'day and it is 9/2 best right now. Still looks a bet as it looks like a plot, smells like a plot, so therefore.....

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October Asc 3.30 - Elusive Kate - win at 13/2 bog Betvictor Group one winning filly who acts on soft ground and seems ideally suited by front running on a straight track Most of her rivals appear to be hold up or trackers so she might get an uncontested lead and get the rail Could be hard to peg back Exelebrations looks the worthy fave but I think he had the run of the race at Deauville with Elusive Kate being hassled for the lead and coming back to the field. Also not sure this track with the uphill finish suits him.............they say that he's faded here in the past because he chases Frankel, but maybe he fades because it's a bit stiff for him particularly on soft ground.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October 1655 cheltenham 1pt win peckhamecho 3/1 bet365 i am off interest when ap mccoy teams up with rebecca curtis, they have a very good record when teaming up, a near 35% over last 12 months,they have a few runners today, and i was between the last 2 races, but have decided with peckam echo who won very easily last time out, on chase debut hopefully i have picked the right one, only worry is that curtis has a 8% strike rate at cheltenham

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October Tindaro 4.55 Cheltenham. 0.5 points each way. Needs more on the bare form of things, but would be more used to chasing than most and will like the ground more today. Jumps well and I feel this track will suit his running style. If there are any chinks in the principals' armour, then he should be able to exploit them. 25/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th October I was at work so I missed out on writing up Jack Dexter earlier. But anyway, I am back now and I have liked the look of Waldsee all day for Wolverhampton's 8:50. He's a proven stayer who was unsuited by the ground last time out and he should see out the trip better than some of these who are even unproven or simply not good enough. Waldsee, Wolverhampton's 8:50, 1pt win at 10/1 with BlueSq