WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th

Moldovan.
Sorry to interrupt your discussion with the undertaker, but I was wondering how do you rate Moldova's chances against San Marino? I mean an away victory is beyond doubt, but do you think they can underestimate them slightly? I am asking because I am considering an away win on the handicap, but I am still unsure how many can Moldova score past the hosts. Thanks.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to interrupt your discussion with the undertaker' date=' but I was wondering how do you rate Moldova's chances against San Marino? I mean an away victory is beyond doubt, but do you think they can underestimate them slightly? I am asking because I am considering an away win on the handicap, but I am still unsure how many can Moldova score past the hosts. Thanks.[/quote'] With Epureanu and the players from the Russian leagues, Moldova is probably gonna win in San Marino. 1-3 goals for Moldova, probably 0 for the home side. Therefore, better than your handicap is: under 3.5 goals @ 1.50 medium :hope

Moldovan. I'm not right all the time but in betting there is no place for such understimation like of Paul Ross. My point of view is that the Netherlands is closer to Romania's level on its field than closer to Spain and Germany. It's a bad moment for the visitor side and a good moment for the hosts. That's all.
So you think Romania are nearly as good as Holland? Ah right........... Case closed.

So you think Romania are nearly as good as Holland? Ah right........... Case closed.
On home field maybe better. In this moment and with the absences of the Netherlands. You are money machines losers in Ireland & UK. I bet only favorites that are right.

Dude. Not sure if you misread something i wrote. i dont recall writing that im gonna back the ROI. Please take more care when replying. also I didnt say Scotland would win their match either.
Yes, but you did say romania are a poor side and that is just a ridicoulous statement, it shows you dont follow them very closely. And Dutch nowadays are not playing well. It will be tough for NEtherlands, my call is 0-0 or 1-1

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Belgium -1.5AH 2.06@pinnacle I'm going to have to oppose my side here as Belgium's young side are beginning to show good form whilst Scotland's current team look undisciplined defensively. Scotland's most recent competitive away fixtures vs top sides are Spain 3-1, Czech 1-0, Norway 4-0, Holland 3-0 whilst Belgium recently cleared the 1.5 handicap away to Wales and Serbia - games Scotland took 1 point from.

No he thinks Dutch are far from Germany and Spain right now and you are all overestimating them. They dont play well, even now under VG.

ROmania v Netherlands 2 @1.65 Fancy the Dutch to spank a poor Romanian side. The Dutch are capable of beating all the best Teams in the world, so anything other than 3 points would be viewed as a major blow.
where did that come from? Get your facts straight before misleading people with such crap quotes. Romania is poor? We got maximum points in 3 games, everyone expected the turks to beat us easily on Sukru Saracoglu and they had 1 CLEAR opportunity to score in the first minutes and that's all. We scored on counters and we knew to keep the result that way. This is Holland's toughest game so far and they will be happy with 1 point so do we. The pressure is on their side, they had an awful european championship and want to wipe those memories. Chipciu instead of Grozav is the only change that Piturca will make on Tuesday. I expect a close game with the holland attackers to struggle to break the Romanian defense and the draw is the most likely outcome. Romania +0.5

You are right mate if they won against Turkey that is because of our bad form and management side problems and with their park the bus tactic which was usable against us but for Netherlands? So if they are going use same tactic and park the bus against the Netherlands i am sure their skillful strikers will punish them. So we can not compare the last game of Romania because Turkey result could be tricky.Coz we played awful we could lose any team that day not only Romania. Just wanted to tell Netherlands has not bad players as ours plus they are good at the moment.That will shape things for that game.I believe Netherlands will be too much for them and take 3 points.
So if any of the top sides would beat Turkey it's just because you played awful, but it's not because the other team played a perfect tactical game. Typicall turkish mentality :)

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th don't get me wrong, we're not fighting against each other and we should help each other to fight the bookies but I just can't accept that someone posts so misleading posts about how Romania played. sure Holland's players are better individually than our players, no doubt but they are vulnerable and the turks could have left holland with at least 1 point is they were pragmatic enough but they missed their chances. gl

Yes' date=' but you did say romania are a poor side and that is just a ridicoulous statement, it shows you dont follow them very closely. And Dutch nowadays are not playing well. It will be tough for NEtherlands, my call is 0-0 or 1-1[/quote'] Romania are a poor side, compared to the top 10 sides. i would be backing holland to the hilt but unfortunatley holland have a few injuries.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Guys, please just chill out. For the sake of the thread. Romania are not a poor side, but Holland are a superior side to them. In my opinion. Let the football do the talking instead of throwing punches here.

Schaken is injured' date=' van Persie was rested. If you think there is such a good line-up, then I don't know football. Even if the Netherlands will win it, there will be at limit. I must confess I saw major improvements in the Dutch defense but this doesn't mean it's trustable.[/quote'] As a Dutch man let met reply to this. I think most people are right here, The Netherlands are not as powerful as they were during the Euro 2012 qualification so it defenitely won't be a walk in the park. Van Persie will play again tomorrow, although he was not rested but Van Gaal thought that Huntelaar would be the better striker against Andorra. In the current Dutch team there are quite some players that play in the Dutch league and not that many international stars anymore. Tomorrow's line-up is most likely gonna be the following: Stekelenburg; Janmaat, Heitinga, Vlaar, Martins Indi; Clasie, Van der Vaart, Strootman, Narsingh, Van Persie, Lens The players marked in bold are the ones that are playing in the Dutch league, with little international experience. Clasie has been a regular starter in the last few matches, except the last one because he had to play with the -21 squad. Van Gaal is a huge fan of him and he will most likely play instead of De Jong. Van Gaal is rebuilding the squad and trying to implement some young players. When looking at the recent games, you can clearly see that the team is still looking to find the balance. Against Turkey at home we were very lucky to get away with the 3 points, to be honest I didn't watch the game against Hungary and the match against Andorra was far from convincing. So I would be a little careful with the match against Romania, we could win but I'm sure that we won't outplay them.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th The teams I'm most confident in are Croatia, Portugal and Italy. Croatia are a very good side, we've seen that in the Euros and they have been in decent form so far in the qualifiers. Wales are just awful and could get a real drubbing. Bale is a fantastic player but one man can't win a game (unless the opposition is Scotland) so I don't see any chances for Wales as long as Croatia remain focused. Portugal don't need any explanation - a top side, at home playing one of the worst sides in Europe. Motivation will be high after their defeat in Russia - easy win for Portugal. Italy look to have a tougher task but home advantage is huge. They have a formidable record at home, and remain a top side when they can be bothered. Impressive in the Euros, the Italians have some top players and will want to win at home after a mixed few results so far. Denmark have been on the decline for a long time and look really disappointing. The fact that they couldn't beat a 10 man Bulgaria says it all. I think the Italians will be up for this one and that spells trouble for Denmark. I've done a treble at odds of 5/4 (ladbrokes) and also a single on Italy at 8/15 (betfair)

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Well with an exception here and there Holland never plays well against lower classed teams. I didn't expect a walk-over against Andorra at all. The 11-0 against San Marino was incidental. We played Andorra at home in 2001 (4-0) and 2005 (4-0) and away in 2001 (0-5) and 2004 (0-3). Not convincing but just regular victories. How about the victories against Luxemburg in 2007 (1-0), Albania in 2006/2007 (2-1 and 0-1), or Moldova in 2010/2011 (0-1 and 1-0). Not the mention the defeat against Belarus in 2007 (2-1). Let's not forget that the Dutch football over the last years became increasingly boring. That doesn't mean there's no quality but it means that they're happy with the points they get. The players play as if they want to be home as quick as possible. But they'll win anyway. The players are young and will want to prove themselves. The injury from Schaken is a blessing. Schaken is a great guy and it's not that I don't like him, but people in Spain, Germany or France for that matter will laugh their asses off. A 30 year old winger who makes his debut for the 'great' Dutch team? I hope Elia will get the chance against Romania. Holland did improve defensively and I expect a very boring game in which Romania might dominate some parts of the game or even most parts of the game, but Holland will win this game anyhow, maybe even steal the three points. And that's not because I'm underestimating Romania because their time will come within a year or two (they have a good mix of talented and experienced players), but I don't think it'll enough against Holland. You can say that the Dutch squad is relatively unexperienced but same goes for Romania.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th For the record, there seems to be some patriotic Romanian comments on here and that's not what we're here for. The odds clearly suggest the most likely result is a Holland win, so let's not get emotional about it. ;) You'll never find me bigging up England when we get to the World Cup in Brazil, because unless Jesus and Moses come down from heaven and start a world record Conga down the Copacabana, we won't have a prayer in Brazil. ;)

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th From a Romanian's point of view here's how I see it: Romania has one of the poorest generation of players in the last 40 years maybe.The coach,Piturca,only knows how to organize the defense and lets the attacking part to players like Mutu or Marica.The lack of creativity in the midfield can be seen in all the matches we've played so far against decent or tough opponents and also the counter-attacking is terrible- we should have scored 3 more goals in Istanbul but the finishing was very poor.I believe we got lucky to get the 3 points on Friday only becauseTurkey played worse than us. The curious thing is we managed to get a perfect 9 so far and the atmosphere around the team,the motivation are at their peak.Also the stadium will be full and the expectations are high. I think Holland is not playing at its best capacity and after the disaster at Euro they seem to rely more on individuals like v.Persie more than on teamwork. I agree that they are more technically superior and more tactically disciplined than us but their defense isn't that great and if we manage to maintain possession we will sure put pressure on Holland and eventually score,after all Romania has a couple of attacking players that can always distrupt the defenses.Also don't forget,as Simeon B said, Bucharest is a tough place to win and even if the coach will try to get a 0-0,the players will definitely try not to disappoint the fans who won't play (of course) but they can sure drive the team forwards. My bet has to be Romania not to loose this one - Romania or draw 2.00- bet365

Hello, First post in here. Faroe Islands +1 11/4 Bet 365 and +2 10/11 Ladbrokes looks to be value. Ireland are a shambles at the moment and look to have lost all faith in Trap. Faroe's on the other hand are becoming a tough nut to crack at home and are steadily improving.
From a Romanian's point of view here's how I see it: Romania has one of the poorest generation of players in the last 40 years maybe.The coach,Piturca,only knows how to organize the defense and lets the attacking part to players like Mutu or Marica.The lack of creativity in the midfield can be seen in all the matches we've played so far against decent or tough opponents and also the counter-attacking is terrible- we should have scored 3 more goals in Istanbul but the finishing was very poor.I believe we got lucky to get the 3 points on Friday only becauseTurkey played worse than us. The curious thing is we managed to get a perfect 9 so far and the atmosphere around the team,the motivation are at their peak.Also the stadium will be full and the expectations are high. I think Holland is not playing at its best capacity and after the disaster at Euro they seem to rely more on individuals like v.Persie more than on teamwork. I agree that they are more technically superior and more tactically disciplined than us but their defense isn't that great and if we manage to maintain possession we will sure put pressure on Holland and eventually score,after all Romania has a couple of attacking players that can always distrupt the defenses.Also don't forget,as Simeon B said, Bucharest is a tough place to win and even if the coach will try to get a 0-0,the players will definitely try not to disappoint the fans who won't play (of course) but they can sure drive the team forwards. My bet has to be Romania not to loose this one - Romania or draw 2.00- bet365
:welcome to PL guys. :ok

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Russia vs Azerbaijan. Russia to win to nil 4/9 (1.44) PaddyPower, seems to be of some value also. In their away game vs Portugal, Azerbaijan did not manage one shot on target and only two shots off target compared to Portugal's 13 shots on target and 12 off target. Russia are also strong in defense and although they may only score two, three of maybe only one I do not think Azerbaijan have enough to trouble the Russian Goal

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Hungary vs Turkey AH 0 at evens I got this price a few days ago when both teams were 2.9, now Turkey are 2,6 and Hungary are 3. I've read a lot about Turkey recently so I don't want to cause anymore negative debates. Granted I don't know Turkey or Romania as well as some national punters on here. From what I know of Turkey they are not a team that can attack consistently well without getting problems at the other end, and unfortunately they got sucker punched to Romania, due to poor defending and keeping. But away from home the pressure will be off, and they certainly didn't handle playing at home well against Romania. I can see them playing on the counter against Hungary, which is risky given their leaky defence, but probably wise as they are more of a game-raising team than a "home banker" team. I'm not overly confident but I've seen plenty of times when a team in a double gameweek put in an awful performance then surprise us all and do favourably in the midweek fixture. Turkey is potentially that team for tuesday. Also, Andorra to lose to Estonia, San Marino to lose to Moldova and Faeroes to lose to RofI- 1.87. Estonia recently made the playoffs of a major competition for the first time, so can most likely beat Andorra even though they are okay at home defensively. San Marino are awful, and Moldova beat them 2-0, 4-0 recently, so should have enough here. Faeroes are plucky at home, but am confident that a badly off form Ireland can shuffle the pack and scrape a win, especially as the Faeroes fitness is most likely questionable having given everything against Sweden only to narrowly lose. Questionable reasoning, but hopefully it comes in :loon Betfair :hope

Hungary vs Turkey AH 0 at evens Also, Andorra to lose to Estonia, San Marino to lose to Moldova and Faeroes to lose to RofI- 1.87.
Turkey is ok, that Balasz talent not playing for Hungary. Rofi probably the same because the conditions are a little bit different now in Faroe. The national teams has now a bigger stadium, kinda protected of wind. :lol I'm not sure, maybe it counts. REMOVE Estonia, Andorra is not a bad team. Home it is not a much worse side. Andorra-Estonia is a potential surprising encounter. The bookies are also smart offering small handicap line, so no good handicap value on Andorra.

You'll never find me bigging up England when we get to the World Cup in Brazil, because unless Jesus and Moses come down from heaven and start a world record Conga down the Copacabana, we won't have a prayer in Brazil. ;)
Ha Paul, Jesus plays for Spain, hes naturally a right winger. Moses could yet be called up for England depending on how well he does with Chelsea this season ;) On a more serious note, I can't see Ireland not winning tomorrow so people don't be getting to carried away.. After having had a quick look at fixtures, there isn't much obvious value other than backing England near evens and possibly Hungary v Turkey on overs? I will do a more detailed preview tomorrow, looking forward to reading more stat based opinions rather than the bias comments people are making on their home nations too :D

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th belgium- Schotland. This is the match where Schotland has to proove themselves and their coach. If he doesnt get a good result, its game over for him. So the normal slightly defensive tactic that he normally applies, isnt going to cut it. Schotland is going to start offensivly and try to snatch a quick goal in Belgium. Belgium just won their last match in Serbia with 0-3. This score does not represent the quality of the game cause when it would have been 2-0 at the half, nobody wouldv been surprised. But the fact remains that they won a crucial game. This should motivate them to win at home against Schotland in front of a full crowd. I just cant see belgium not taking the 3 points here... But since a straight win is just @ 1.36, we should find something else BTS @ 2.2 seems like a good bet to mee Over 2.5 I like as wel. The belgian offensive line has warmed up and i recon we could see some goals here. Right score: 3-1 is a guess im just ready to take. CHeers!!

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th As bad as Ireland were against Germany and in recent matches I would be wary of laying them or backing the Faroe Islands +1. The Faroe Islands have been no pushover of late and the artificial surface is a further factor that visiting teams have to adjust to. Morale must be at an all time low in the Irish camp but having seen the line up selected I have a feeling that Ireland will come away and beat the handicap of -1 @ 10/11. They have reverted to the tried and tested 4-4-2 line up. The danger of being over run in midfield or finding at attack minded Faroe's is slim to none. Robbie Keane is back and is usually good for a goal or an assist against a so called "minnow team," especially with Walters playing up along side him. Young Robbie Brady is an exciting young wide player and he along with McGeady should ensure a decent supply to the front two. The central midfield pairing will I think sit a little deeper earlier on to protect the back four firstly. Wilson who comes in at left back is a better defender than Ward. First goal is crucial I feel, if Ireland fell behind then the nerves might take over. But me feeling is that they will get in front with the Keane/Walters combo and a goal in the first half an hour would settled them and they have enough attacking options (plus Shane Long to come off the bench) to win by two goals. Ireland -1 @ 10/11