** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Russia - Azerbaijan under 2.5 @ 2.71 sportsbet Russia should win this game and knowing that they are the better side, then expect them to be pretty confident in this game of doing so. Would not be surprised that they are complacent and this game because harder than what it should be. They have yet to concede a goal in these qualifiers and are coming off a tough 1-0 home win over Portugal which may see them jaded from that game. Azerbaijan did not play on the weekend so they will be much fresher for this game, and though they are unlikely to win, they will be looking to nick a point here. Expect them to park the bus and try to frustate the Russians and would not be surprised they do that, like they did in Portugal last month where they lost 3-0 but conceded all three goals in the second half, with the last two in the 85th and 87th minute. If Russia do score early then no realy reason for them to push forward as they have the lead and believe that they will look to keep the Azerbaijani's out. Like the look of this being a low scoring game Israel -3 (EH) @ 2.80 sportsbet Israel beat Luxembourg 6-0 on the road on Friday night and doubt much will change here. With Portugal's loss to Russia, they have the opportunity to stay close behind them with another win here. Israel also beat them 7-0 at home in the previous World Cup qualifier, so they definately know how to beat teams like Luxembourg quite easily, and are not content to win by just a goal or two. You would expect the Luxembourg players to be pretty down after that huge loss and now having to back up again, then expect morale to be quite low Bosnia-Herzegovina -2 (EH) @ 2.88 sportsbet Bosnia-Herzegovina coming off a 0-0 draw in Greece and will be looking for another win here as they are in a three way tie for the lead in their group with Greece and Slovakia. In their other two group qualifiers, they have been dominant, beating Latvia 4-1 at home and beating Liechtenstein 8-1 on the road. Lithuania drew 1-1 at home to Slovakia, lost 2-0 in Greece and won 2-0 in Liechtenstein on Friday night. They have several injuries to key players which looks like it will keep them out of this game, and given how well the BH have played, especially at home in the last few years, expect them to be very focused for this game. Croatia -2 (EH) @ 3.30 sportsbet Croatia did well to come back from 1-0 down to beat Macedonia 2-1 on the road on Friday night and like them to do well here. The Welsh will be pretty happy also coming from a goal down to beat Scotland, but the loss of Ramsay for this game is massive for them. Much will be expected of Bale here and would expect Croatia to close him down very quickly as soon as he receives the ball. However without Ramsay, then it will be up to Allen to provide some service to him and believe that he will be overwhelmed in midfield. Modric runs Croatia's midfield really well and with two very good and inform strikers in Jelavic and Mandzukic they have some firepower up front. Another concern for the Welsh is the last time they played in this region, they lost 6-1 to Serbia last month, and these two sides are pretty similar in ability, probably Croatia would edge them out. So hard to see the Welsh keeping this close in the end as though they have some other decent players, they do not have the same calibre of players that Croatia has (apart from Bale). Austria - Kazakhstan under 2.5 @ 2.28 pinnacle These two teams met on Friday night where they drew 0-0, as Austria dominated and could have had a few goals. They had met twice previously, in the European qualifiers two years ago, where Austria won 2-0 and then drew 0-0 on the road. Kazakhstan lost 2-0 in Sweden (conceding second goal in the 4th minute of injury time) and lost 2-1 at home to Ireland (conceded goals in the 89th and 90th minutes) so they are a team that does not give much away and tend to keep it close. Austria will press while Kazakhstan will be content to sit and maybe hit them on the counter, otherwise they will be happy to get a point - as long as they do not get beaten easily, then they will be happy with their performance. Austria will probably win but doubt that they will get more than two goals to send it over Belgium -2.5 @ 3.80 bet365 Belgium may not have played their best but they did come from Serbia with a very good 3-0 result and now at home to Scotland, like them to win by a similar margin. They have some very good players going forward like Hazard, Dembele and Witsel and some good defenders like Vermaelen, Kompany and Vertonghen. Given that they are tied at the top of this group with Croatia, then doubt that they will allow themselves to slip up here. Scotland went down to Wales 2-1 and they face a tough ask here. They will battle but lack the quality and given the Belgium side won 2-0 in Wales last month, then they should be too good here

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Turkey Starting 11 Official:Volkan Demirel(Fenerbahçe), Hamit Altıntop(Galatasaray), Ömer Toprak(Bayer Leverkusen), Egemen Korkmaz(Fenerbahçe), Hasan Ali(Fenerbahçe), Nuri Şahin(Liverpool), Emre Belözoğlu(Atletico Madrid), Tunay Torun(Stuttgart), Mehmet Ekici(Werder Bremen), Caner Erkin(Fenerbahçe), Mevlüt Erdinç(Rennes) Hmm when I look this squad I easily can say our team's selection showing MUST-WIN plan. Especially flanks will be vulnerable in terms of defense. Probably T.D. doesnt take Hungary's attacking power into consideration. By the way I dunno Hungary has that power or not. :) Goal Keeper, Egemen, Ömer, and Emre can be called solid defenders. Hasan Ali, Hamit and Caner are eager to use their attack talents rather than defense. So if I may, I will tell Hungary will be shot from flanks by this eleven. I dunno what will happen but this is clear view of mine about our team selection. And also this eleven is faster one. So T.D. expecting a quick reaction when ball is captured by Hungary while we are attacking. Now my early prediction of Over 2,5 Goals is getting stronger. Both teams To Score depends on which team scores first I guess. If it is our team then probability of Over will even get higher.If Hungary socres first,I Dunno, they may close down and try not to conceed. If this game goes 0-0 to 80 th minute then our team likely to conceed by counter attack. Coz this match is matter of surviving the hopes. Good luck in your bets.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th By the way few new names are only 22 or 23 years old and not yet experienced in national team. My observation may conflict with some names but other than flanks' game this 11 cant create much of a chance.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Spain vs France gol = (2.20) stake 5/10 Spain position 1 ° points 6 France position 2 ° points 6 Preview: Spain ...: Injured: Carles Puyol, Gerard Piqué. France ...: Injured: Vassiriki Abou Diaby, Clément Chantome, Rio Mavuba, Younes Kaboul; Pending: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. Spain has a score of w2-d0-l0 goals scored 5 goals against 0 while France has a score of w2-d0-l0 goals scored 4 goals against 1. Spain, which I think is the best team in the world tonight may have difficulty especially in the defensive department for absences of two world class defenders. France with the change of coach has shown more strength and compactness at the level of the locker room. In the end I think that given the absence in the defense of Spain plus the offensive department of France in the world can be a game with many goals. Probable lineups: SPAIN: Casillas, Arbeloa, Albiol, Ramos, Dawn, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Pedro, Fabregas, Iniesta. FRANCE: Lloris, Debuchy, Koscielny, Sakho, Evra, Sissoko, Cabaye, Matuidi, Menez, Benzema, Ribery

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th

Turkey Starting 11 Official:Volkan Demirel(Fenerbahçe), Hamit Altıntop(Galatasaray), Ömer Toprak(Bayer Leverkusen), Egemen Korkmaz(Fenerbahçe), Hasan Ali(Fenerbahçe), Nuri Şahin(Liverpool), Emre Belözoğlu(Atletico Madrid), Tunay Torun(Stuttgart), Mehmet Ekici(Werder Bremen), Caner Erkin(Fenerbahçe), Mevlüt Erdinç(Rennes)
Finally, a good line-up. My X2 is pretty sure I hope! Even though Arda Turan is not playing?!

Finally' date=' a good line-up. My X2 is pretty sure I hope! Even though Arda Turan is not playing?![/quote'] Arda Turan is a valuable member of our team. But we dont have Falcao :) And TD. insisted of putting him in midfield. He is better in left side.Burak,Selçuk and Arda wont be able to play in this match. I think our team getting all problem in third area ( rival's penalty area I meant) Non of the strikes has managed to solve this problem. I would have different choices If I were T.D. For teams like us, we should use players who are playing together or played together much in attackin area. Selcuk-Umut-Burak can play together with Arda Turan and few others we could have easily manage to create goals but our Technical staff always and always has ridicilous acts. If it isnot broken then dont fix it MUST be our motto but noo after good finishes in world cup 2002 under Senol Güneş and Euro cup under Fatih Terim , our new T.Ds are rubbish.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Quite surprised no one has mentioned Italy for tonight's matches. They represent good value at 1.5 as Denmark haven't won for 5 games and were pretty disappointing against Bulgaria on Friday. Italy played really well in patches against Armenia but did make a meal of it and shouldve dropped points. Italy have had a harsh time off the media in italy and can see them determined to put things right against Denmark tonight with an impressive display. Also Denmark don't really have the quality or attackers to really get anything off Italy tonight. 8pt on Italy to Win.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Slovakia - Greece UNDER 2.5 medium stakes UNDER 3.5 high stakes It's raining all day here in Bratislava and it'll be played in old stadium with horrible grass. There's no need to describe how greeks play and itll be the same with Slovaks. Slovak coach Griga is well-known for playing defensively and they will play on counter attacks. In conclusion, it is clearly low scoring game.

Bulgaria is expected to play with almost the same line-up from last game. The only two changes will be the return of defensive midfielder Dyakov, who will take Iliev's place and right-back Ilia Milanov is expected to get his first full start for Bulgaria, after coming in as a sub against Denmark. Thus the line-up should look like that: .....................Mihaylov..................... Milanov....Ivanov....Bodurov.....Minev... .............Dyakov....Gadjev............... Manolev........Milanov.............Popov... ...................Rangelov.................... However, I expect us to play slightly more defensive than we did in the previous three games. To begin with, this is our first away game in the qualifying cycle, therefore I think we will try just not to lose (moreover, considering the fact that Denmark is playing against Italy away and the likelihood of them losing, I think we can be more than happy to get at least a point, which will keep us on the 2nd place). Most probably we will sit back and wait for a chance to break in a fast-counter attack, or get something from a set piece. This said, though, I don't think we will 'park the bus', but I really do expect us to be slightly more cautious. On the other hand, right now, I think the Czech Republic is nothing special. They will be missing Rosicky and from what I've read they don't have very reliable strikers (as a matter of fact they failed to score in 4 consecutive games, prior to the game against Malta). Thus, my picks for tonight's game are: Draw at half time @2.10 (bet365) 3/10 and it could be worth to try: time of first goal - after 32' @1.83 (bet365)
Little update. Instead of Ilia Milanov on the right back, we will see Minev going back there, while Zanev, much more experienced and natural left-back, returning to the line-up after recovering from injury. I think this is even better for us, considering that Minev is much more comfortable on the right back, and even though Milanov did well against Denmark, I think it's still early to rely on him. My suggestions don't change, but Bulgaria now could look even more stable in the back.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Hi All, I am new here and here is my first post and tip for tonight. FYR Macedonia v Serbia I have not watched Macedonia recently, but I watched all 3 last matches that Serbia played. In all 3 matches they created many chances and against Wales they scored 6 goals. In other two matches they failed to score and conceded 3 goals from Belgium. Serbia has young team with few experienced players in defense. From what I have seen they can score against almost anyone, they create chances but fail to realize them at the end. Team was highly motivated in recent matches by coach Sinisha Mihajlovic, they played those 3 matches like never before this team has played, run all the time and gave their bets all 90 minutes. I expect Macedonia to score at least one goal and also at least two goals by Serbia. I am placing medium bet on Over 3.5 goals at 4.8 (at betfair). Back Over 3.5 goals, medium stakes

Hi All, I am new here and here is my first post and tip for tonight. FYR Macedonia v Serbia I have not watched Macedonia recently, but I watched all 3 last matches that Serbia played. In all 3 matches they created many chances and against Wales they scored 6 goals. In other two matches they failed to score and conceded 3 goals from Belgium. Serbia has young team with few experienced players in defense. From what I have seen they can score against almost anyone, they create chances but fail to realize them at the end. Team was highly motivated in recent matches by coach Sinisha Mihajlovic, they played those 3 matches like never before this team has played, run all the time and gave their bets all 90 minutes. I expect Macedonia to score at least one goal and also at least two goals by Serbia. I am placing medium bet on Over 3.5 goals at 4.8 (at betfair). Back Over 3.5 goals, medium stakes
Nice first post Blue Eye. Good luck :welcome

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th A few for me on tonight's games: Faroe Islands +2 @ 10/11 Jumping on the anti-Ireland bandwagon here, and also taking advantage of the Faroes' much improved home form in recent times. The plastic pitch over there causes a number of problems for other sides, and this was particularly obvious in the game vs Sweden on Friday. Although the Swedes eventually won, the Faroe Islands did take a shock lead before quality prevailed. I'm not saying for a minute they'll beat RoI tonight but, with the state Irish football is currently in, I could see them holding out and only suffering a narrow defeat/possibly draw. Moldova to win to nil @ 4/9 with WHills Saw this one mentioned earlier on in the thread. It seems an obvious one really; although Moldova are not England I still expect them to have enough to see off San Marino and the lack of ambition going forward from the Sammarinese leads me to think a victory to nil is a distinct possibility. Norway @ 19/20 Cyprus have never beaten Norway in any previous meeting, and I can't see that changing tonight. Their only recent home qualifier victories have come against Iceland last month and Bulgaria way back in 2009, while they didn't win a single Euro 2012 qualifier at home! The only minor issue I have is Norway's away form, but they do have a good record vs weaker nations in qualifiers. Good luck tonight, everyone! :hope

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th 4pts Portugal (-2) to beat Northern Ireland 5/6 Boylesports I can’t see anything but one way traffic in this match and I don’t see it being at the Portugal goal either! Portugal look to have way too much class in the middle of the park and the likes of Ronaldo, Nani and Helder Postiga will take some stopping at the other end of the pitch. This would have been a tough assignment for Northern Ireland with a full squad let alone with so many players out so I expect Portugal to win and win by at least three. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/portugal-vs-northern-ireland-betting-portugal-can-crown-ronaldo-s-100th-cap-with-a-comfortable-victory

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Belgium v Scotland Asian Corner Handicap: Belgium -2 @ 1.80 BET365 (6 points) The price has dropped from 1.9 to 1.8 unfortunately but I think it's still a playable line. Belgium actually lost the corner bet in the last match but they were away at Serbia and as they were leading for most of the game the emphasis was pretty much on the home team to attack. The corners finished 6-5 to the home side. In their home qualifying game against Croatia they won 8-1 on corners and their other match away at Wales finished 16-4 in favour of the Belgians though it's worth noting Wales were down to 10 men. I just fully expect Belgium to control possession in this game and though Scotland maybe chasing the game for a while, I still expect Belgium to create more chances which could of course lead to corners. In their one other home game they easily cleared this line and I would say Croatia would cause more threat than Scotland. It looks a fairly generous line and as such I'm will be taking it with a decent sized stake.

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Croatia - Wales The referee for this game is Romanian Alexandru Tudor who is know for showing plenty of cards. In the last 8 games he was in charge of he showed a total of 37 yellow and 4 red cards. In only 1 out of these 8 games there were less than 60 booking points. Over 45 Booking Points @ 2.20 (3 units) William Hill Over 55 Booking Points @ 3.20 (2 units) William Hill Red Card @ 4.33 (1 unit) William Hill

For the record, there seems to be some patriotic Romanian comments on here and that's not what we're here for. The odds clearly suggest the most likely result is a Holland win, so let's not get emotional about it. ;) You'll never find me bigging up England when we get to the World Cup in Brazil, because unless Jesus and Moses come down from heaven and start a world record Conga down the Copacabana, we won't have a prayer in Brazil. ;)
A prayer for what? Romania is coached by Piturca who is very reasonable man when judging the opponents force, so he will as usual play a defensive match which will destroy the chance that Romania will be scoring more than 1 goal and that by serious mistakes from Holland. Holland is still weak, nothing tells me that now they will rise up their game and smash to the ground with Romania. My

Re: WC > European Qualifiers - October 16th Been pressed for time today and these matches are starting soon so I'll be brief. It looks to me like the bookies got the odds mixed up in a couple of U-21 matches while the price on Belarus seems too short. Georgia played a good match away at Finland and I think the hosts will have a lot of trouble breaking them down, also they looked really dangerous on counters and they probably will employ the same tactics again. France U-21 are away at Norway U-21 having squeezed out a narrow 1-0 win over them at home already, this time I believe the hosts should be favorites to win - having watched them a couple of times this campaign. You can get them at (+ 0.5 AH) and that's fine with me. Basically same scenario for the Serbia U-21-England U-21 encounter, and since they are all starting in 10 minutes I'll wrap it up here. Belarus-Georgia 2 (+0.5) 1.89@188Bet Norway u-21-France u-21 1 (+0.5) 1.88@188Bet Serbia u-21-England u-21 1 (+0.25) 1.83@SBO

I think that we have changed some generations since the last qualification of a World Cup and I do not think this is the worst, but the most promising. Except for Mutu, the generation of him and of Marica were the poorest. I feel these lads having good results in Romania and in Europe with Steaua and CFR, I feel some others, not top class like Mutu, but average like Bogdan Stancu working well and doing well on their clubs. This is important! I grown up with the Golden Generation of Hagi and in every match at home was a question of how many will score when playing in Romania, so it is hard to see a weaker Romania side, but I tell you all, these guys have been ambitious and shown will to do! Expect them to not lose, but they are not one of the weakest generation - I remember all the generations of Romania since 1985!
Okay I might have exagerated a little bit , I couldn't watch all the generations form the past 40 years because I wasn't born then, but I do believe it's the worst generation since the 90s and I am surprised to see we have a perfect start so far. I say this because there are many players that shoudn't play for the national team .They're just too bad.The problem is that the area of selection has also worsened in the past decade (our best player plays for Ajaccio and our best youngster plays for Granada),there are 8-9 players only from Steaua Bucharest but that's just the coach's preference,he always calls most of the players from that club even though they are not the best on their positions.( I am not a fan of any Romanian club,I have nothing against Steaua or other ) Also you have to admit the level of our players has decreased drastically.I admit,we have 3-4 very promising players like Grozav,Maxim,Torje,Stancu and others that are not called right now but they need to confirm on a higher level and they need matches like this one to proove themselvs. Thus being said, I believe that's why football is such a beautiful game-not always the best team wins so we expect Romania to finally qualify for a world cup even though we failed to do so with better generation of players.

I can't see beyond a Croatia win tonight and the odds are higher than I expected. Not sure it's gonna be a hammering, think Croatia will be content with 2-3 goal margin win. Bale will be our obvious danger man but he won't get the same opportunities that Scotland allowed him and there simply isn't the quality around him to alternate the threat. Ramsay is banned but after the Scotland display, that's a plus for Wales IMO. :sad

Russia - Azerbaijan under 2.5 @ 2.71 sportsbet Russia should win this game and knowing that they are the better side, then expect them to be pretty confident in this game of doing so. Would not be surprised that they are complacent and this game because harder than what it should be. They have yet to concede a goal in these qualifiers and are coming off a tough 1-0 home win over Portugal which may see them jaded from that game. Azerbaijan did not play on the weekend so they will be much fresher for this game, and though they are unlikely to win, they will be looking to nick a point here. Expect them to park the bus and try to frustate the Russians and would not be surprised they do that, like they did in Portugal last month where they lost 3-0 but conceded all three goals in the second half, with the last two in the 85th and 87th minute. If Russia do score early then no realy reason for them to push forward as they have the lead and believe that they will look to keep the Azerbaijani's out. Like the look of this being a low scoring game.
Cracking shout Blackcrow! Good luck for the rest of tonight :)

Russia - Azerbaijan I very rare bet on matches involving our teams, but we are playing not so bad at the moment. We managed a 1-1 draw against Israel at home, and played well against Portugal and held them for like an hour. Our team is unpredictable and they can play a decent game one day, but then can screw up and lose by 4-5 goals. So, it is up to you whether you follow my bet or not. Russia will only want 3 points here and for some reason when teams from the former Soviet Union play against each other we rarely note the difference in the class and I can't remember when was the last time a team like Russia or Ukraine beat a team from a former Soviet Union by a big margin. Most recently Ukraine drew away 0-0 against Moldova. Last time we played Russia, we lost 0-2 in Moscow and drew 1-1 in Baku (but that was when Russia did not need a win). So, I think that Russia will be just after 3 points and will not attack after scoring 1 or 2 goals. Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.60 (2 units) Bet365
I still think we deserved 1 point here and there was no penalty, but anyway happy that the bet won :)