** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Russia v Portugal Russia DNB @ Evens Betvictor In my opinion Portugal rely far to heavily on Ronaldo and Russia are a hard unit to break down. Russia have only been beaten once in the last 20 games, by Greece in the Euros where by all accounts Greece were quite lucky to win that. With Capello at the helm I can see big things for Russia, they should dominate this group and even against Northen Ireland and Israel they have shown they can get the 'smaller' nations out the way relatively comfortably. Portugal seem to struggle away with only 7 wins in the last 15 games and Russia is one of the hardest places to go to, I just can't see Russia losing this but I like the odds and will take the draw no bet.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October

Ireland do make games very tight' date=' pack up midfield and make it tough for the opposition. We got destroyed in Moscow in Euro qualifying yet the game finished 0-0, Germany are a great side, but don't forget Austria had 14 shots on goal against them last time out and Germany only scraped by them. Trap is playing 4-5-1 because he is playing for a 0-0, and even if we go 1-0 down he won't change the formation, so even though Germany are a far better outfit, they will still struggle to score more than 2 goals. IMO.[/quote'] Well, I took the Over now, so hope ROI won't hide and score at least one...That should cheer you up too, I guess :)

england scoring double digits? they will score 4 or 5' date=' then sit back and do nothing like the typical spoiled fairies that they are.[/quote'] The odds tonight on England are awful, 2.4 on -6 handicap? We all know England would settle for a 2 or 3 nil here, for these England players it's more a job than the beautiful game, as long as they get the paycheck there happy. Won't be touching this one tonight.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Apparently Walcott and Welbeck to start tonight. Don't see the wisdom is resting Defoe, really. If Hodgson is worried about a booking, just tell Defoe not to tackle, easy really. That being said I still think that side has plenty of firepower. Welbeck's a good link player, and will bring out the best in the other attackers.

Well as a rule international games are better left alone since there is negligible value to be found
I hear this idea quite a bit - that there is no value betting on internationals. But no-one's really explained why. You could say they are more unpredictable, so it's harder to see where the value is. For example, Belarus v Spain - Bookies are pricing a -2AH handicap on Spain at about evens (2.0). I've seen one post saying that Belarus are good value on the +2AH at around evens, because Belarus are defensive and Spain don't score many goals away. You'd ideally want to know more about both sides, their line-ups for tonight and their recent form, results and performances, and how they are approaching the game, before deciding if there's any value. But that's no different to betting on league games. There's less information to go on on internationals and you probably have to work a bit harder than in popular leagues like the Premier League. For example, finding information on the Belarus team for tonight and their recent performances might be hard - but not impossible I think. It should be possible to find value in the same way as you would on any other game - look at the market and the odds and spot where the odds are likely to be wrong and in your favour. I don't think lack of information means that there is no value in a bet - it could mean there is more value :). Or is there another reason why there is 'no value' betting on internationals?

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October hope defoe doesnt play any part in the game at all now and i get a refund. Had backed him "to score @ 1.6" early morning. Seemed like a great bet as he has scored 18 in 19 games for england. Now the price has drifted to 1.8 on betfair.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Last time out England scraped to a 1-1 draw at home to Ukraine, and Roy Hodgson has since seen John Terry retire from international football… but despite captain Steven Gerrard’s suspension, Frank Lampard being rested, and Ashley Cole having tweeted himself out of contention, it is a young hungry 3 Lions that take to the Wembley turf this evening, led by Wayne Rooney. With players fighting for places ahead of the big game against Poland, there is serious motivation to notch a cricket score against San Marino. The only negative we can find is Roy will stick with Danny Welbeck upfront, despite no goals in his last 12 games. San Marino are an amateur International football team, with just one professional player who currently plies his trade in the Italian 4th division. They have only ever won one friendly fixture, and never won a competitive game. In fact they haven’t hit the back of the net since scoring against Slovakia on October 11th 2008. Their recent losing run has seen them slip to the joint worst team in the FIFA world rankings as the 207th best team. The last time the sides met England hit 6 without reply, and this should be the minimum target this evening. Expectation has risen throughout the week, with 7-0 now the favourite scoreline, and if Danny Welbeck brings his shooting boots we see a thoroughly convincing victory... RECOMMENDATION Dutch 6-0 (13/2),7-0 (8/1),8-0 (16/1),9-0 (16/1) (Best prices Bet Victor)

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Hey guys I wanted to put some info regarding the weather for the game Bulgaria - Denmark. It is starting to rain at the moment and will only get worse from now on so I believe it will be a hard tactical clash with not a lot of goals. Moreover having in mind that you can hardly see many goals in games where Bulgaria is involved I believe there might be some value in the under 2.5 pick. The journalists here in Bulgaria have been speculating throughout the week that the history is in our favour and there might be something in that. However, I don't really believe in such things and rely on information mainly. Probably people have already said that the forward Bojinov is back in the squad and I think he will be eager to prove he has his place in the team as well as the other young and talented guys who are going to recover the missing Veselin Minev and Dyakov (both suspended) as well as Zanev, Sarmov and Gargorov (all injured, even though it has been said that Sarmov and Gargorov have joined the training yesterday). Despite the missings I believe Bulgaria has the quality not to lose the game. Under 2.5@ 1.6 Bet365 Bulgaria DNB @ 2.10 Bet365

Its only very stupid people that think players don't care about playing for their country. If you had ever watched San Marino play you would know it won't end up 2 or 3-0' date=' I guarantee it.[/quote'] They are too poor to end under 5. But only 5-6 are possible!

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Switzerland (-1.5) - Norway (+1.5) Switzerland -1.5 3.18. Small stakes. & Switzerland Norway Switzerland (-1 / -0.5) 1.91 Switzerland are very strong team in home and they have very good and talented roster( start 11- from top leagues) Norway are nothing special, some good players, but not even close to Switzerland. Their keeper is from Norway league, so if you are good keeper, you play in good league right?

well, the last time San Marino scored away from home was against Finland in 1994 (!) so unless Hodgson plays with 1 defender and Walcott in goal, I don't see San Marino getting a goal here.. also, England to keep a clean sheet @1.10 is as sure as German bonds, with the only difference that this investment is more profitable cheers
I personaly don't like these bets as in one second your money can be gone. But if you want to play it surely it is better to go for just England to score. 2/11 on William Hill. It is not going to be 0-0 is it?

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Ireland v Germany Germany -1, -1.5 AH @ Evens Having looked at the squads for tonight i'm pretty sure Ireland are setting up to sit back for alot of the game and try to counter where as Germany will look to control and pin the opposition back in to there own half. Germany have lost only 3 competitive games since the World cup in 2010 with 2 of them being against Italy and one of the best international sides ever Spain, so this tells you just how strong they are, they should have far too much for this Ireland side, from what i've seen from Ireland they look as if the days where they used to be a hard place to go for the 'bigger' nations have gone, with players like Keane, Dunne and O'Sheas best days behind them and Shay Given now retired the younger players like Mclean, Coleman and Mccarthy will have to start stepping up and i'm not sure any are quite at the stage to be playing against this magnitude of opposition on a World stage just yet. I'm thinking a comfortable win for Germany, likely a 2 or 3 goal cushion.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Wales v Scotland Corner Match Bet: Scotland @ 2.62 Bet365 (5 points) We see Scotland as favourites to win the match here yet Wales are clear favourites to win on the corners. This is wrong in my opinion and I think they should be priced about the same. Wales generally concede plenty of corners and I can't see it being any different tonight. Bale's presence on the left wing does help them in picking a few up but generally they get heavily beaten in this department. I expect this to be a tight low scoring affair and Scotland are probably just about justified favourites. I think they will struggle to score but they will get a fair bit of possession in the Wales half which could lead to corners. They should be priced evenly for this to my mind and the 2.62 on Scotland therefore holds plenty of appeal to me.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Won the bet x2 on Kazakhstan - Austria. From behavior of Kazakhstans players in the last 25 minutes I can for sure say that they are going to get hammered each and every time in their future qualifying games. Total absence of fair play, delaying the ball for over 2 minutes several times, "gently" touching and provoking Austrian players, taking 3 whole minutes to make a substitution and laying on the ground like they've just been hit by a grenade when there wasn't even a contact in tackle. This will catch an eye of every decent football country and they will crash and hammer this terrible Kazakhstan's team, from shown behavior, does not deserve to be a part of any major competition. Disgraceful.

Ireland v Germany Germany -1, -1.5 AH @ Evens Having looked at the squads for tonight i'm pretty sure Ireland are setting up to sit back for alot of the game and try to counter where as Germany will look to control and pin the opposition back in to there own half. Germany have lost only 3 competitive games since the World cup in 2010 with 2 of them being against Italy and one of the best international sides ever Spain, so this tells you just how strong they are, they should have far too much for this Ireland side, from what i've seen from Ireland they look as if the days where they used to be a hard place to go for the 'bigger' nations have gone, with players like Keane, Dunne and O'Sheas best days behind them and Shay Given now retired the younger players like Mclean, Coleman and Mccarthy will have to start stepping up and i'm not sure any are quite at the stage to be playing against this magnitude of opposition on a World stage just yet. I'm thinking a comfortable win for Germany, likely a 2 or 3 goal cushion.
Yeah, have to agree here. Ireland's team looks pretty rubbish, fully expect the Germans to shut them out and score a couple of goals in the process. Looking forward to seeing Reus who looks a class act, Dortmund dont usually spend 10m+ on a player but this lad has more than replaced Kagawa(different role granted). Can't see anything but a German win in Dublin.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Switzerland v Norway @ 1.80 Will Hill (3 points) The Swiss have had a good start to qualifying with 2 wins out of 2 and they look a solid outfit. I'm not overly impressed with the current Norway side and was against them when they lost In their last away qualifier at Iceland. This match will be even tougher and I think Switzerland look a solid 4/5 shot at home here.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Turkey-Romania match hasnt finished but my half time draw bet lost. But I hope I could draw a picture of our team in your mind. This kind of match is really tough for us. We always play good against attacking teams but mediocre teams causes problem to us. Score may change still have 30 mins. But there wont be easy games for us until our team change mentality . No striker and noone except Arda to create positions. Sometimes Emre but when rival stays at back.

By the way I liked the way Romania played the game. I suppose our Romanian friends underrated their teams :)
Romania is bouncing back under this coach, lost only 2 games in the last 14 (both friendlies). I wonder if the Netherlands can break the run.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Hey Deniz, I don't think we underestimated our team, I didn't really like how our team played specially in the first half, except some players. I'm more inclined to say that we got points out of the game because Turkey didn't play too well, I really expected them to show a much better game.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Spain and Israel are ''in the pocket'' now I guess ( with Israel ), Albania is lost, the Over in Switzerland also looks doomed, in Dublin it looks good with my late Over...Overall not bad, but I can't see 6 or more Goals in Holland and England...so need in-play intervention with the Goals, or else the night will end up in the red...